Quantcast

Nancy Drew Games

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
Sorry if this thread has already been made! I did a search and nothing came up.

Anyone play these? I love them! I just recently got a PC so I was able to play all of the older ones! If so, what are your favorites? Do you think the next game, Midnight in Salem, will ever be released?

My favorites are Curse of Blackmoor Manor, Legend of the Crystal Skull, Shadow at the Waters Edge, The Silent Spy, and Warnings at Waverly Academy. The one that scared me the most was probably Ghost of Thornton Hall. Her Interactive really outdid themselves on that one, lol! So many jump scares!

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
OMG, I was gonna make this thread!! I have all the games, the pcs plus downloads!

My favs include Legend of the crystal skull, Ransom of the 7 ships, Blackmoor Manor and Warnings at Waverly!!

Ghost of Thornton hall was very scary. Actually the first real scary ND game tbh.

I think Midnight in Salem will be released, but it'll probably be next year. If the company doesn't go defunct.

herbalmintea

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,787 7,962 1,970
Alleybux
I love the Nancy Drew games. I don't play them anymore but when I did I was hooked. I played every single game. I worry about the future of Her Interactive though since they haven't come out with that game they were supposed to come out with already.

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
After reading around about what's going on with the company, I'm worried for Her's future too. They keep pushing Midnight in Salem's release and they announced the game back in 2015 I think? At first they said the release would be Fall 2016 but now there's no release date and no new news and its already summer 2017. I hope I'm wrong! I really think the new game is gonna be good. I like the premise from what I've seen and if this new system they are using provides better quality and makes for a better experience overall I'm all for it. I'll miss the original Nancy's voice even though it was a little old for how old the character is supposed to be.

Scorpio87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,852 2,465 596
Alleybux
I love Nancy Drew games!

I havent played the latest Sea of Darkness yet!

There is one I always attempt to play but either its too hard or gets boring and thats Tomb of the Lost Queen....I think the scariest one that I can remember is Shadow at the Water's Edge....plus I try not to play these games at night while alone lol.....#dontjudgeme!

BackdoorMat

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
51,690 1,173 108
Alleybux
I've been playing these games my whole life, I used to watch my older sister play because I was practically useless. My favorite games are Warnings at Waverly Academy, Deadly Device, Stay Tuned for Danger, and Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. Sadly, I don't think Midnight in Salem will be released. Plus, idk how i feel about the new voice.

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
plus I try not to play these games at night while alone lol.....#dontjudgeme!

Girl me too with certain games and I don't ever play in the dark like they sometimes suggest. They love to use jump scares in the games and I can't handle it sometimes lmao!! When I was younger my sister made me play one of the games in the dark at night and it scared me so much that it scarred me for life. :dead:

Maybe one day I'll suck it up and start playing with the lights off. It's probably more fun lol

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
The first ND game I played was Curse of Blackmoor Manor and I HATED the first ND voice. She sounded way too old to be a 19 yo character.

I got used to it though, but still glad at the new, younger sounding voice actress.

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
I agree! In some of the games you can tell that Lani (the voice actress) tries to sound a little younger like in Waverly Academy, but in others she sounded old like in Blackmoor Manor. It's kind of like in Sailor Moon when they had Luna out here sounding like an old British woman lol

Witty Gambler

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,006 15,184 224
Alleybux
I enjoyed playing Danger by Design but then my PC crashed and I lost all my progress!

I'll give it a while before I start again

Francesca

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
518 16 3
Alleybux
I LOVE the Nancy Drew PC games!! I grew up playing them lol

my favorites are:

Danger on deception Island
The Haunted Carousel
Ghost dogs of Moon Lake
Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
Danger by Design

:cry 512x512: I spent most of my time playing these growing up cuz I wasn't really allowed to go online as a kid :crushed:

Now I might go and play these again, especially since it's summer, and I hate going out in the heat, so I've been cooped up inside with my cat lol I have a ton on Steam, and I think I have some of the actual games packed away somewhere... I might go back, and play Danger on a deception Island (I don't think I ever finished that one?)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves these games :happy 512x512::happy 512x512::happy 512x512:

Francesca

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
518 16 3
Alleybux
The first ND game I played was Curse of Blackmoor Manor and I HATED the first ND voice. She sounded way too old to be a 19 yo character.

I got used to it though, but still glad at the new, younger sounding voice actress.

Yesss I have always Hated Nancy's voice :dead: it was always so scratchy:e2_25:

Crow T Robot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,110 810 63
Alleybux
I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread. I've been a fan of the ND games for several years.

My favorites are
Ghost of Thornton Hall
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
The Secret at Shadow Ranch
Shadow at the Water's Edge
The Captive Curse
Alibi in Ashes
Warnings at Waverly Academy
Labyrinth of Lies

I love the Nancy Drew games. I don't play them anymore but when I did I was hooked. I played every single game. I worry about the future of Her Interactive though since they haven't come out with that game they were supposed to come out with already.

They fired most if not all of their development team, fired Lani over some bµllsh!t reason, claimed they will start using the Unity engine, and basically gave the fans empty answers, whenever they inquire about the release date. It was understood that we would get Midnight in Salem in 2016, but it's the middle of 2017 and we got absolutely diddly squat. They also released some kiddy app game that NO ONE wants. After they hired the new CEO...Penny what'shernface, it's been a huge clusterfuck. I honestly think Sea of Darkness will be the last PC ND game.

Anyway, for those with ND withdrawals. You can check out Miss Clue. It's basically a ND rip off, but people said it was decent replacement.

http://missclue.com/
http://www.virtualfamilykingdom.com/

You play the game through virtual family kingdom, but you will have to join.

PettyASF

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
96,096 4,443 6,073
Alleybux
Chile yasssss Nancy Drew is the only white bish I like . Huge fan of the books and games when I was young .

The first one I played secrets can kill and itwas so fµck!ng hard !!!! Took me forever to beat it!

I liked the phantom of Venice tho

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
Anyway, for those with ND withdrawals. You can check out Miss Clue. It's basically a ND rip off, but people said it was decent replacement.

http://missclue.com/
http://www.virtualfamilykingdom.com/

You play the game through virtual family kingdom, but you will have to join.

I am screaming at this Miss Clue game. I can't believe this is legal! :highly_amused:

The names of the games are cracking me up! Formula for Danger? Trials of Salem? :dead: I'm excited to play tho

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
You have to pay for these games?? :e5_25: It should be $2 not $20

There are sites where you can get the game for under 10$, you just have to know where to look. Big Fish Games always has sales, and so does Steam. They're worth the money though. These games can have you playing for hours/days.

BrokeAF

#SportsBraStan
Reaction score
Reactions
5,324 65 26
Alleybux
We got a timeframe for Midnight in Salem, y'all! HER said they'll be dropping in Spring of 20damn19 [emoji854]

Crow T Robot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,110 810 63
Alleybux
The Announcement:
Dear Nancy Drew Fans,

Happy holidays everyone!

It was great to meet so many fans at the Nancy Drew Convention in Ogunquit, Maine this fall. Additionally, we hope that many of you enjoyed all our Halloween activities from the costume promotion to the pumpkin carving contest and now the annual holiday cookie contest has started in earnest as well! Each year we are amazed by our fans’ creativity and this year is no exception!

We want to take this opportunity to update you on Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem. We are now targeting a release date of Spring 2019! We know many of you have been patiently waiting for this game, and for that, we thank you!

As you may recall, we are moving to a new engine to be able to develop a game not only for PC/Mac but also for tablets, consoles, and now for the increasing popularity of augmented or virtual reality. Very exciting! Part of us going down this path was to ensure that we have multiple platform options for future Nancy Drew titles so that all Nancy Drew game fans and those new to our games could play these amazing games no matter what their preferred device or platform.

This versatility means that the design and development of our games are even more complex than in the past. Our PC/Mac game design will work for players on the go with tablets and possibly for players that may want to immerse themselves in the mixed reality world. We are also constantly evaluating new technologies and trends in the game industry. Consequently, this is why it is taking much longer to develop this title than previous ones. This thoroughness will put HeR Interactive in a better position for the future while providing us with the tools necessary to continue to deliver amazing experiences for our fans.

As always, we greatly appreciate our fantastic community and your notes of encouragement. Thank you for continuing to introduce Nancy Drew Games to your friends and family. By helping us spread the word about our award-winning games, it ensures that we can keep the legacy of Nancy Drew Games alive and thriving.

Stay sleuthy!

Sincerely,

Team HeR Interactive

I heard about this yesterday. I saw Arglefumph on YouTube talking about it, and then I went to the ND reddit community and a former Her employee spilled some tea.

It's like the first comment. He/She basically said that HER is full crap.

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
Thanks to both of you guys for posting about this! I almost forgot about Midnight in Salem honestly, and the fact that its not coming out until Spring 2019?? That just shows that the game probably isn't ever coming out. I'm so disappointed in the direction HER and the Nancy Drew games are going. Who asked for VR? They can wait to release the tablet/phone crap. Just release the PC game LOL

BrokeAF

#SportsBraStan
Reaction score
Reactions
5,324 65 26
Alleybux
Yeah, I'd be fine if I already had a VR system, but I don't and I'm not going to buy one just for this game lol..

BrokeAF

#SportsBraStan
Reaction score
Reactions
5,324 65 26
Alleybux
Confession: I’ve never beaten an ND game without cheats. I just like to be all in everybody else’s business and touching their things. I don’t have time for all these complicated puzzles lmao. One day I’ll try

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
Are y'all ready for Midnight in Salem in 2019? I still can't believe it's been like 3 years since the last game

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
Are y'all ready for Midnight in Salem in 2019? I still can't believe it's been like 3 years since the last game

Welp, spring 2019 is here. HER Interactive said the game will be released by now, but where is it??? :mad2 It'll soon be summer.

BrokeAF

#SportsBraStan
Reaction score
Reactions
5,324 65 26
Alleybux
Welp, spring 2019 is here. HER Interactive said the game will be released by now, but where is it??? :mad2 It'll soon be summer.

When games give out general dates instead of exact ones, I automatically think it will be at the very end of that general date. So, when I saw Spring 2019, I thought we would get it right before or after graduation time (which is May for me) lol

Ms. Stewart

Rated G for Gangsta
Reaction score
Reactions
58,529 562 90
Alleybux
I'm thinking they will delay until the Fall. I have no faith in HER.

I've gotten engaged, married and had a baby in the time since they've made a new game. It's a mess. I just don't get why they don't do a better job of keeping their audience informed.

Crow T Robot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,110 810 63
Alleybux
Yup, just as I figured. Better late than never. Anyway, I hope no one pre-orders because you can't trust HER.

halliwell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
590 4 1
Alleybux
Hope they actually stick with the November 19th release date...definitely not preordering though.

I will admit that I’m still the tiniest bit excited even though I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
I'm excited yet sad tbh. I think it'll be the last game :( At least until they can get their sh!t together over there at HER.

Anonin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,295 301 73
Alleybux
Omg this brings back memories.

I grew up watching my mom play the games on the PC. Istg though all of those games were dark and always have 1 or more disturbing parts lol.

All those times Nancy died when you didn't solve something fast enough, she needs to retire. Though looking at this thread she just might, literally. :unsure:

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
...am I too old to start getting into Nancy Drew? :ROFLMAO: I never read her books as I kid (too stuck on Goosebumps and the Babysitter's Club), but I love point-and-click games, and even feel tempted to go back and read some of the books. It's nice to see she still has such a huge following.

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,806 8,270 1,121
Alleybux
Y'all. They've finally set a specific release date for Midnight in Salem. November 19. Let's see if they stick to it this time though.