Quantcast

Natural herb alternatives to medications

Reaction score
Reactions
2,403 129 84
Alleybux
Oh yeah! Here!! I am a nerd and got some stuff to share!!! :love:

Nature science is my profession and therefore I love to read about herbs used as drugs and their biochemical mechanisms.

And I mix and create herbal potions.
I have a few herbs I like to share.
But as I am a nerd I first have to mention:
Many do not believe in herbs, but they are what science use to develope most drugs. But herbs are most of the time (not always) better, as the plant or fruit has usually more then just one component which work together and increase the potential. Whereas pharmacology just identifies or fucos on a single component and finds ways to synthesis it and ignores the whole plant biochemistry and complexity. Below is the example of cannabis and hops which are related with each other.

Passionflour is good for anxiety. It is regulating GABA signal transduction and promotes sleep and relaxing.
It helped me. I had not had a panik attack for about 5 years since I take it and I live a very stressful live and have a lot of reasons for having panik attacks.
I take a combination of passionflour, valerian and hops sometimes.
All three sedating plants. Hops belongs to the family of cannabis plants and has therefore components with cannabis in common (not CBD or CDC), which shows how plants of this family have components that calm down and why cannabis may be so popular aside from its CDC content.

(Me personally I hate cannabis to death.Cannot stand the smell. It makes me sick. Serious signe that it is harmful to me, but nevertheless I believe that some peoples brain benefit from it besides its negative effects on the brain.)

I do not take my passionfruit-valerian-hops dragees regularly anymore, but in stressfull times I take it to cope with stressful times. I did not realse it at the beginning, but now that I got used to it, I can really feel how within 30 min the passionflour kicks in and forces my brain to go to sleep. I can really feel a warm wave going through my body and then I now I wll be asleep within the next 5 to 10 min.
Really funny. Therefore never ever take it when you want to drive or anything else. Only take it before going to bed. It knocks you out and you cannot fight it! do not underestimate it.

Passionflour dragees on its own can be taken during the day, depending on the dosage. It also works immideatly other then valerian which takes some time to be effective. Passionflour can also be bought as Tea, but tea also makes you sleepy within minutes.

Damiana is a herbal that lifts up your mood and most important and no kidding here your xesual drive.

I gave a tea mix with a few herbs (also against anxiety. Reciep is my secret) to a colleague.
It is a funny story as she never was really interested in having a boyfriend even being almost 30 and in she was also general a very anxious person.
She told me the day after drinking my tea, that she woke up feeling akwardly happy and if it could be due to my tea.

Then within the following days, she was still drinking my tea because she likes it, she started to think about getting a tatoo and then suddenly she started looking for a boyfriend on dating apps. Within six month she found her first boyfriend. I realised afterwards that I never mentioned to her the fact that damiana makes you horny. :blush:
But I gave her a damiana mix, due to her feeling low and sad and damiana makes you happy and eager to go and do something. Some people mix it with an other herb everyone knows and smoke it or they smoke it on its own. I never tried and I never will and do not recommand it to anyone.

Horthorn: Lowerst blood pressure

Cat nip:drives cats crazy, but also has a mood lifting effect on humans it is said. Me personally, never felt anything from drinking cat nnip tea. Therefore I cannot say anything if it is true or not.

Other things that are good:
This is not a herbal recommendation directly.
Daylight or S.A.D. lamps are essential to any dark skinned person who lives in northern hemistpheres with less of 10h proper daylight or sun per day and cod liver oil.
Saved my live after moving to bloody UK and almost dying due to my incompleted metabolism thanks to lack of vit D and light.

I am scared of using St Johns Wort. It is so powerful but therefore also risky. But I think I am going to try it soon.

I have more herbs, but I'll stop here. I could spend the whole day writing.
Give us more herb tips I love the blog siss <3

Delebe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,895 2,309 284
Alleybux
Please keep in mind that although these are natural herbs they may have different and sometimes negative side effects.

St. John’s wort for example can make your birth control less effective. Most people don’t consider mentioning this to the dr or introduce it as a natural supplement and end up surprised(baby).

Anyway sending love to anyone who reads this and needs it. I’ll come back and add some supplements later. Also if you haven’t, get your blood work done. A lot of us have certain vitamin deficiencies that can be addressed by checking our blood work.

kara

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,048 2,455 447
Alleybux
For a little awhile, I've been taking ashwagandha capsules. I've noticed a mood improvement. Delta8, and the occasional edible, works, as well. I've tried kratom. It's good, but for some reason, it bloats me.

MommyMaud

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
48 3
Alleybux
Has anyone tried rhodiola? A blend of ashwaghanda and rhodiola has been helping me with stress and anxiety for a long time. I used to buy SuperYou (since it includes both of those herbs) by Moon Juice but now I make my own mix with cacao and add it to my coffee in the mornings.

RaRaRaHu

The petty princess
Reaction score
Reactions
52,899 1,519 1,308
Alleybux
Bump! I'm a big advocate on using natural things and keeping a healthy lifestyle when it comes to literally everything so in terms of things I've taken....

Turmeric is probably the best one. I mix it with some black pepper. It's helped me sleep better and has lowered significantly my mood swings.

I can't think of another in terms of mental health.

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,082 1,065 409
Alleybux
I’ve tried so many things Over the years bc I really just don’t want to be dependent on medication but none of the herbs I’ve tried worked. I tried Lemon Balm Ashgawanda Rhodiola Rosea St Johns wort L theanine and GABA. I’m about to try Kanna and legal mushrooms .. hopefully one or the other will work.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,085 266 320
Alleybux
I take 3 supps every night that have been helping immensely.

Ashwaganda, Magnesium (there’s so many diff derivatives of this that help different issues) , and L-Theanine

Those 3 alone plus daily exercise, and clean eating, keep me the most leveled compared to when I was on Zoloft. You still have to do the self-work like meditation and cognitive restructuring to really tackle your anxiety, depression, etc…but these supps help a lot.

And weed lol. Idk if you’re open to that but it def helps me. Gotta be careful with the amount though. Too much gives me anxiety. Just the right amount mellows me out, especially if I’m really going through it. I try not to make a habit of this because I enjoy being sober.

gillmiller

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
128 1
Alleybux
I've found relief in natural herbs. Turmeric for inflammation and ginger works wonders for nausea. Lavender has calming properties, it's perfect for soothing nerves. But to be honest, I prefer medications from partner healthcare pharmacy as it really works and often works immediately. Of course it's okay to try natural herb alternatives but be careful.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom