Quantcast

NBA Fans Are Fed Up With TNT ‘Inside The NBA’ Because Of Them Hating On Current Players

CA Girl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
570,646 106,087 7,275
Alleybux

Not only are the NBA fans fed up with Inside The NBA, they’re also fed up with the there awful commentators Marv Albert, Reggie Miller, and Chris Webber.

Christianity

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
24,606 598 43
Alleybux
Shaq always acted very insecure. He was the same way with penny hardaway back in the day then Kobe, then said some thing about Wade, Tim Duncan. Humiliated a man with a disfigured face. He has a history. I stopped taking Charles seriously years ago.

THRILLHO

Simpson, eh
Reaction score
Reactions
79,596 2,198 194
Alleybux
My interest in NBA pre/post game commentary and talking heads has fallen off in general but yea, Inside... those guys really don't know what they're talking about. Shaq always in a one sided competition against Chuck. Chuck's ******* comments when they veer away from basketball. Kenny knock knees running up to the screen in the back and providing no real analysis. Ernie not really a basketball guy. It's just not as funny as it used to be.
Marv is senile, Reggie is absolutely awful. I don't mind Cwebb but I rarely see him, I feel like majority of the games I turn on have Reggie and Kevin Harlan.

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,430 1,354 37
Alleybux
Well, before I finish reading that article, I am not surprised that "The Salt Lake Tribune" would have a problem with "Inside the NBA"... Shaq has been dragging Rudy Gobert since the season started and then they had comments about Spyda... while I do think that Shaq is going a bit hard on Rudy (though Kenny and Chuck do push back)..... I think their analysis of Donovan was fair... it was just Shaq repeating it to Donovan that lacked nuance and came off as rude or salty...

ineapple

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,637 71 128
Alleybux
Shaq always acted very insecure. He was the same way with penny hardaway back in the day then Kobe, then said some thing about Wade, Tim Duncan. Humiliated a man with a disfigured face. He has a history. I stopped taking Charles seriously years ago.

Yeah honestly, for such a very large man, Shaq def has a Napoleon Complex. Just hating and very insecure about any player that compares to him.

No one should ever take Charles clowinsh takes seriously.

Chris Webber may be a little cheesy, but for the love of God, can someone replace Marv Albert??? I'm tired of him getting players names wrong, calls wrong and plays wrong. He's senile and can no longer keep up given that he's 80. TNT needs a new announcer.

Last edited:

PlaneJaneLane

Girl…
Reaction score
Reactions
17,600 464 48
Alleybux
Yeah honestly, for such a very large man, Shaq def has a Napoleon Complex. Just hating and very insecure about any player that compares to him.

Chris Webber may be a little cheesy, but for the love of God, can someone replace Marv Albert??? I'm tired of him getting players names wrong, calls wrong and plays wrong. He's senile and can no longer keep up given that he's 80. TNT needs a new announcer.
It’s because allegedly his penis is very small, like micro small. Super head said so.

DidTheEducation

LSA: The home of narrative over fact.
Reaction score
Reactions
45,919 937 243
Alleybux
I moreso watch them for entertainment than legitimate commentary or analysis. I think Kenny has the best takes, but he's kind of corny and so not the most enjoyable to watch. The dynamic between Chuck and Shaq was funny at one point, but now I just feel Shaq overdoes it. No matter what Chuck says, his retort is that he has rings and Chuck doesnt, and therefore his take is always wrong. He needs new material and he comes off as a hater. Chuck is just kind of a doofus. Ernie does a decent job at moderating, but you can tell he's frustrated at times too.

They do have their really funny moments though, so I'll continue to watch and I still prefer their half-time show.

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,954 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
it was funnier when it was cwebb and gary payton and they would alternate between ahmad rashaad and ernie.
toofierce.jpg

blktrans

BlackTransWoman
Reaction score
Reactions
27,969 1,125 620
Alleybux
Shaq has always been a hater. The way he starts feuds with the prominent big men after him is just him being the big baby he is.

I've never seen him mentor or work with someone on their game or offer guidance like an Olajuwon.

Barkley is entertaining. He is wrong more than he is right, but he is always authentic and I don't think he does anything out of malice or even pretense. He just says whatever the fµck he feels.

okayandicarebecause?

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,255 569 204
Alleybux
It's not about them being old imo it's them being genuinely rude to some of these players. I don't even watch ball like that anymore and these dudes are nuts...

TheSophisticate

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,823 1,065 462
Alleybux
Shaq's definitely worn out his welcome. I only liked him for Shaqtin-A-Fool and that segment is definitely tired too.

This season has been off to a weird start but the bit with KD's short answer and Deandre's mic not working were funny.

Inside was the best with EJ, Kenny & Chuck alternating with guest correspondents every other week of so.

Flylady2.0

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,464 10,055 16,349
Alleybux

See i hate this word HATING, they def aren't praising this new era of players, but it's for good reason, this new era is SOFT as fµck, and these guys don't respect them at all.

It's all these 30 and under kids who think that everything they do is the greatest play ever in sports and should get every award or that their favorite player is the greatest player ever (here's looking at you Lebron fans) then get butt hurt when you roll out the facts and show that their favoite player would have cried at least 15 times a game if he played in the 90s (hey lebron again)

My dad and brothers love shaq and kenny, charles too sometimes. my oldest nephew SWEARS Charles is just a hater who hates KD for now reason.

PaxundLux

ici : ala
Reaction score
Reactions
6,988 41 12
Alleybux
I prefer TNT instead of ESPN.
they should drop Shaquille his just flat and dead weight,imo.
I like just the 3 of them.
CWebb and RMiller are corny and talk too much but I like their enthusiasm.
I miss Bob Cost as because he would call the games like old radio announcers.
The new players are too precious and have thin skin.
It seems not to occur to them that these older players might have information or insight that could help them.

nesha30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,013 187 23
Alleybux
why did they even bring shaq on board? he adds nothing to the table, he's hard to understand because he mumbles and he's so negative towards charles. he seems jealous of charle's popularty from the show and has to bring him down by constantly reminding him that he never won any championships the same annoying way he talks about every current big man in the nba.

ruegauche

Normal Girl.
Reaction score
Reactions
94,507 1,699 119
Alleybux
I agree with a lot being said here, a lot of these former players come across as rude and unprofessional. Many transition into commentary after retiring but it’s obvious they did no take media training. What was Shaq’s intent with his comments? I mean what exactly was he trying to accomplish? He’s always a damn wet rag on the show and believe he just leave.

While I do believe man of these younger players are extremely entitled and coddled to death, there needs to be more professionalism from the former players. I like Grant Hill and while yes Chris Webber is corny and sometimes talks too much I do prefer him over Shaq...sh!t I prefer anyone over Shaq.

Last edited:

RemyredJeter

Where the money resides
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
187,797 663 243
Alleybux
Shaq was wrong as fµck for what he said. What if someone said that to his son?

boogie79

Bring my own fire, don't need security in the club
Reaction score
Reactions
88,518 1,691 131
Alleybux
How bad is the commentary? What does Reggie Miller say?

Reggie and Chris go into these monologues that have nothing to do with nothing. Marv calling the people the wrong name.

I've never liked Shaq because for some reason anytime a center does something good he has to express how they don't compare to him, knowing he's sensitive ASL. For some reason, he's gotten real catty and defensive this season.

They usually have good takes (at least better than ESPN) but this season has been off. The stuff Shaq said about Harden was true though. Houston gave him everything he wanted, he didn't deliver.

Head of State

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
176,032 7,406 975
Alleybux
I dont think their criticism is "hate" at all. This new generation of players are coddled like a MF, and the retired vets are calling them out. The game was a lot more vigorous during Charles, Kenny and Shaq's days, but today's game is more finesse which some of them aren't even good at because the bar is lower.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,182 14,039 2,546
Alleybux
why did they even bring shaq on board? he adds nothing to the table, he's hard to understand because he mumbles and he's so negative towards charles. he seems jealous of charle's popularty from the show and has to bring him down by constantly reminding him that he never won any championships the same annoying way he talks about every current big man in the nba.

My interest in the NBA is nonexistent at this point but I used to like Inside the NBA(made it a point to tape it even if I didn't stay up to watch the games). Not so much now. However I do agree with this I never saw the point of adding Shaq because he really doesn't add anything. The chemistry between Ernie/Charles/Kenny was fine as is.

ThatLeogirl

NY State of Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
282,837 8,883 2,263
Alleybux
I don’t like how Shaq what he said to Donovan Mitchell but sadly it’s the truth. He needs another star to compete for a championship in Utah in my opinion. I’m a huge fan of Mitchell but look at the bubble, he tried carrying that team and they still lost to Denver because others didn’t step up. TNT is the only reason why I haven’t given up on watching the NBA completely because most of the time they keep it real while you have ESPN who has always been ass kissers. I do miss three NBA on NBC days.

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
483,179 19,224 18,725
Alleybux
I dont think their criticism is "hate" at all. This new generation of players are coddled like a MF, and the retired vets are calling them out. The game was a lot more vigorous during Charles, Kenny and Shaq's days, but today's game is more finesse which some of them aren't even good at because the bar is lower.

Coddled or not, some vets are actual haters and jealous. And it’s not even just retired basketball players, former players of all kinds of sports tend to fall into that trap because they aren’t the center of attention anymore, careers didn’t go how they wanted, they’re broke, or a combination of all three. A spade is a spade and both things can be true. Many older players and fans also can’t stomach the fact that many current players are more talented and well rounded than them.

SinCndomPapi

Dominican Papi, Portofino Papi, Pacífico Papi
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
174,018 14,698 19,660
Alleybux
Stark difference between NFL commentary and NBA commentary. Sad to watch honestly

boogie79

Bring my own fire, don't need security in the club
Reaction score
Reactions
88,518 1,691 131
Alleybux

It seems like the only ones the players really have a problem with are Shaq and Charles which more than likely has to do with delivery. Kenny will have the same take but say it in a way that doesn't offend.

Shaq came at Donovan Mitchell like he hasn't knocked favorites out of the playoffs before. The dude is just in his fourth year and is in a location that is not a free agent destination.

Utah is playing great team ball right now, if they keep this up they'll make some noise again come playoff time.

Jak Rose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,337 915 324
Alleybux
Their message isn't wrong. Their delivery is trash. They are trying to be entertaining, provocative, informative, and still staying true to who they are as men and athletes. This has the potential to cause conflicts.

To be fair, they do heap praise on many of the young stars: Damian Lillard (even after he and Shaq's rap beef he still shows respect to Dame Dolla), Ja Morant (currently injured), KD (undeniable), Steph Curry, Booker. They love Jokic and Butler. They give praise where it's deserved.

But we need to be honest about the modern NBA "star." Many of them lack fundamentals and have been in the league long enough.

Giannis still shoots too many airballs to be the highest paid contract in league history.

Harden has shrunk consistently in the playoffs (but stepped it up last season in the bubble).

Oubre acts like he's God's gift to the game after every dunk but can't shoot for sh!t.

Many of the young people don't play defense. Many of them aren't as good as they think they are.

Tom Foolery

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,563 917 132
Alleybux
I thought this was a joke, but I watched the footage from the house floor . . .

Representative Kera Birkeland proposes the following substitute bill:

1 HOUSE RESOLUTION HONORING DONOVAN MITCHELL
2 OVER SHAQUILLE O'NEAL
3 2021 GENERAL SESSION
4 STATE OF UTAH
5 Chief Sponsor: Kera Birkeland
7 LONG TITLE
8 General Description:
9 This resolution honors Utah Jazz All-Star Donovan Mitchell.
10 Highlighted Provisions:
11 This resolution:
12 ▸ recognizes the exemplary service of Donovan Mitchell to the Utah Jazz and the
13 Utah community; and
14 ▸ suggests consideration of making the "Spida" the official state arachnid.
15 Special Clauses:
16 None
18 Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the state of Utah:
19 WHEREAS, the Utah Jazz are a beloved part of the Utah community and the National
20 Basketball Assocation (NBA);
21 WHEREAS, in Utah, we support our players when they face awkward abuse during
22 post-game interviews disguised as pep talks;
23 WHEREAS, the claim by Shaquille O'Neal (Shaq) on January 21, 2021, that Utah Jazz
24 All-Star Donovan Mitchell Jr. (Donovan) doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level is
25 even less accurate than his 50.4% playoff free-throw percentage (slightly worse than Donovan's
26 88.1%);
27 WHEREAS, the Jazz eliminated Shaq and the Los Angeles Lakers from the playoffs in
28 1997 (4-1) and 1998 (4-0);
29 WHEREAS, we are not talking about 2000, 2001, 2002, or 2006 right now, the years in
30 which Kobe Bryant's Los Angeles Lakers and Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat won championships
31 for Shaq;
32 WHEREAS, Kazaam has a 5% rating on rotten tomatoes;
33 WHEREAS, Shaq under-develops his hot takes almost as well as his 1990's "Shaq Fu"
34 video game;
35 WHEREAS, Shaq correctly described Donovan as an elite scorer, given that in just his
36 third NBA season during the 2020 playoffs, Donovan became the third player in NBA history
37 to have at least two 50-point games in a single playoff series (joining Michael Jordan in his
38 fourth season and Allen Iverson in his third season);
39 WHEREAS, on the same night that Shaq disparaged Donovan, Donovan made his
40 600th three-pointer earlier in his career than any other player in the history of the NBA;
41 WHEREAS, as of January 26, 2020, Donovan has drained 1995 field goals, 604
42 3-pointers, and 894 free-throws;
43 WHEREAS, Donovan Mitchell is more than just a scorer, having grabbed 982
44 rebounds, swatted 79 blocks, and picked 306 steals for the Jazz, as of January 26, 2021;
45 WHEREAS, it is hard to pull down rebounds when All-Star Rudy Gobert is on your
46 team, grabbing more rebounds than anyone else in the league as a two-time defensive player of
47 the year (more than Shaq's zero), one-time league leader in blocks (more than Shaq's zero), and
48 four-time All-Defensive 1st Teamer (more than Shaq's zero);
49 WHEREAS, although Shaq's "skill" was being bigger than everyone else, Donovan has
50 progressively succeeded through talent, dedication, and constant effort;
51 WHEREAS, the following immortal words, once spoken by Bill Walton, apply equally
52 to Donovan, "He is a champion of basketball and of the human spirit as well";
53 WHEREAS, Donovan has provided backpacks, school supplies, and most importantly,
54 his time, to Utah students;
55 WHEREAS, Donovan launched the SPIDACARES, a foundation to empower women
56 following the example set by his mother and sister; and
57 WHEREAS, Donovan has consistently demonstrated his decency by freely and
58 abundantly giving to local communities and charities while volunteering his time to help his
59 fellow Utahns:
60 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the House of Representatives of the
61 State of Utah recognizes the exemplary service of Donovan Mitchell Jr. to the Utah Jazz and to
62 the people of the great state of Utah.
63 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the House of Representatives consider making the
64 "Spida" the official state arachnid.
65 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the House of Representatives also recognizes the
66 tremendous impact Shaquille O'Neal, one of the all-time NBA greats, has made in communities
67 throughout the United States through generous donations of his time and resources.
68 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED "Aight. That's it."

Last edited:

Dogtown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,557 3,617 2,393
Alleybux

Not only are the NBA fans fed up with Inside The NBA, they’re also fed up with the there awful commentators Marv Albert, Reggie Miller, and Chris Webber.

Sidenote: My mother has been swearing for 25 years that Ernie is Black.

apples

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,662 6,475 5,265
Alleybux
The hosts on this show come from the generation before most of the people who watch the games today.

C
ompare the age group of the hosts on the show with the groups listed in this chart.
NBA interest in the U.S. by age 2020 | Statista

Right now the show could carry on just like it always has, but in a few years they’re going to have to replace a couple of them.

the musicman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,459 1,123 1,076
Alleybux
Shaq told no lies about D Mitchell, this Ole CupCake League is embarassing and whats even sadder about the NBA, Pandemic or not you already know by week two the teams that are gonna be in the finals, alot of overrated Cats more worried about Likes and Branding than trying to win.

most people don't even take the League serious until April because the product is mainly Hot Garbage.

I mean for crying out loud two of the best teams, share the same building.

SHAQ is funny and knows the game, though on the real, I miss real Raw SHaq

Charles changed the game for the Ex Jock into broadcasting He was the first to give them some personality in a common way, obviously walt Clyde Frazier is a million miles ahead in style and Vocabulary

Kenny is New york cool and speaks directly

ERnie has learned alot by hanging with the Brothers and he is cool

however ain't no real shows that are gonna do anything different, I wish Dorris Burke could team up with those cats. she is the truth.

problem is the Powers that BE want folks to Slurp Lebron James, want to ride whatever agenda they got into the ground
and the NBA has become One Big Ole Clubhouse
and nobody has their own tent or space.

the game itself is weak sauce

I miss Golden State running the league
and I say this as a Miami heat fan, when Klay got hurt that was sad,Steph and Klay and Golden State made the league worth watching as a team,

PaxundLux

ici : ala
Reaction score
Reactions
6,988 41 12
Alleybux
I think they could drop Shaq and Still be fine.
The game is just run and gun these days.
There is very little coaching, development or schemes for offense or defense.
It's more like tennis than basketball imo.
and I hate tennis as much as I hate golf.