Neverland statues are for sale

MrsBasset

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
13,391 1,939 112
Alleybux
1618733510401.jpeg
Several of the statues Michael Jackson had at his Neverland Ranch are up for grabs -- but it's a package deal only, and likely requires a collector who can appreciate the art separate from its history.

Noble Art Lovers tells TMZ ... a private collector has 28 pieces from the singer's notorious California property -- mostly statues -- but the owner won't sell them individually.
Instead, the entire collection must go as a whole ... and the asking price is $2.5 million.

So, what would ya get for that hefty sum? Numerous statues of children, including "Kids and Tree Swing," "Follow the Leader," "Young Boy and Companion," "Boy Playing Hand Bell," "The Footballer" and more.

There are also many historical statues -- like "Marble Roman Bust" and "Napoleon Crossing the Alps" -- along with Cupid statues, candelabra, a wooden ship, a Marilyn Monroe statue and a Minnie Mouse figurine.

We're told the owner is looking for a serious buyer, and Noble Art Lovers, out of Dubai, will handle it.

It goes without saying -- this is an art collection unlike any other ... whether that's good or bad is up to the future buyer.

Source.

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux
everal of the statues Michael Jackson had at his Neverland Ranch are up for grabs -- but it's a package deal only, and likely requires a collector who can appreciate the art separate from its history.

Noble Art Lovers tells TMZ ... a private collector has 28 pieces from the singer's notorious California property -- mostly statues -- but the owner won't sell them individually.
Instead, the entire collection must go as a whole ... and the asking price is $2.5 million.

So, what would ya get for that hefty sum? Numerous statues of children, including "Kids and Tree Swing," "Follow the Leader," "Young Boy and Companion," "Boy Playing Hand Bell," "The Footballer" and more.

There are also many historical statues -- like "Marble Roman Bust" and "Napoleon Crossing the Alps" -- along with Cupid statues, candelabra, a wooden ship, a Marilyn Monroe statue and a Minnie Mouse figurine.

We're told the owner is looking for a serious buyer, and Noble Art Lovers, out of Dubai, will handle it.

It goes without saying -- this is an art collection unlike any other ... whether that's good or bad is up to the future buyer.

Source.

fµck TMZ

they are owned by the same crooks as HBO

no wonder they push this propaganda that Neverland was built to molest kids

nevermind the sheer absurdity of that idea

Reaction score
Reactions
1,214 26 62
Alleybux
Hats off to whoever decides to buy the collection. Putting the Neverland Collection notoriety aside, some of these statues (especially of the youth) are actually quite nice and make nice displays while a few are a little creepy. Some others are delightfully kitschy while other pieces here are gaudy and tacky.

Mikky Dee

~Angel in Disguise~
Reaction score
Reactions
33,052 867 841
Alleybux
Hats off to whoever decides to buy the collection. Putting the Neverland Collection notoriety aside, some of these statues (especially of the youth) are actually quite nice and make nice displays while a few are a little creepy. Some others are delightfully kitschy while other pieces here are gaudy and tacky.
How on Earth are statues of children at play, creepy?? I've looked at the gallery and there is NOTHING creepy about any of them. There are angels and cherubs, as well and there's even a model of a carved wooden ship - much like a Spanish galleon, or a pirate ship.

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux
How on Earth are statues of children at play, creepy?? I've looked at the gallery and there is NOTHING creepy about any of them. There are angels and cherubs, as well and there's even a model of a carved wooden ship - much like a Spanish galleon, or a pirate ship.

They are not creepy but Mj's taste in art, let's just say, was eclectic.

Never understood how he can admire Michelangelo and surround himself with the most horrendous kitsch at the same time

Like he liked William Bouguereau and so do I

1618940470180.png

Then he turned this

1618940547605.png

to this

1618940612472.png

Nothing against Nordhal, he had skills, but his paintings are kitschy as fµck.

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux

Do you have a direct link to the collection?

I don't want to give clicks to TMZ

Mikky Dee

~Angel in Disguise~
Reaction score
Reactions
33,052 867 841
Alleybux

Never understood how he can admire Michelangelo and surround himself with the most horrendous kitsch at the same time

View attachment 2489782

Then he turned this

View attachment 2489786

to this

View attachment 2489791

I like and appreciate what Nordhal did for Michael in these kinds of paintings. His pieces are busier and more colourful than William Bouguereau's, so I can understand you leaning towards a word like "kitsch"; however I think he achieved greater balance (in terms of symmetry) and an element of serenity and playfulness which makes these works quite appealing aesthetically....at least to my eyes.

MegLevi

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,122 2,865 8,588
Alleybux
Just burn that garbage. throw it away recycle it. anything that has to do with neverland is now tainted and dirty

MJFanintheOC

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
- here is one of the statues from a sale the same guy offering these had late last year

Attachments

• attach_pic.jpg
    attach_pic.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 14

Elizabeth614

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,951 1,170 2,114
Alleybux

View attachment 2489782

Then he turned this

View attachment 2489786

to this

View attachment 2489791

You probably can’t even imagine how many established critics around the world call MJ “kitschy“ as an artist and performer LOL. And these people are art and music professors, not YouTubers wannabe experts. The country I was born sent to the world many awarded artists who were very much influenced by their teachers. Some became teachers themselves and they ”promote“ the same opinions about him through their lectures as well as in the media. It’s like politics, some people love Trump, some hate him LOL. Nothing unique about it...

zetor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,701 3,947 4,783
Alleybux
You probably can’t even imagine how many established critics around the world call MJ “kitschy“ as an artist and performer LOL.

Some of his stuff was kitschy indeed. Like the You are not alone video or that tank on stage.

But I don't remember too many critics used that word to characterize his entire oeuvre.

Elizabeth614

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,951 1,170 2,114
Alleybux
Some of his stuff was kitschy indeed. Like the You are not alone video or that tank on stage.

But I don't remember too many critics used that word to characterize his entire oeuvre.
But you call Disney’s craft as well as master performers kitschy anyway LOL.
MJ as an artist and performer is not kitschy at all (and I especially love his vocal skills presented in You Are Not Alone or as a youngster in musical’s tunes). However because of LN it will take long time for the world to appreciate him again the way he should be appreciated.
Btw we could probably call Lennon and his wife exposing themselves kitschy too lol. And I personally could do without the tank on stage either. But he wanted “that” drama badly lol.

CecilHolmes

World's #1 Expert On Michael Jackson's Death Hoax
Reaction score
Reactions
482 63 103
Alleybux
That guy that bought Neverland needs to buy this collection and put them back where they belong AYE ❣️

peterpanpyt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,267 677 4,417
Alleybux
That guy that bought Neverland needs to buy this collection and put them back where they belong AYE ❣️
if he don't want them he don't have to buy them he might don't want them on his property or just don't want them at all.