Quantcast

New 30-minute (audio) BrownMark Interview

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
TIRED OF THIS MAN. Can we make this anniversary of Prince's death about Prince's contributions to the world of music?

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
His still claiming that people were having xes in the aisle at the concerts l
Even if they were, who gives a flying fµck? What are we? Puritans. Its a fµck!ng rock concert. He should stop worrying about consensual xes among adults and start worrying about what God thinks about tastelessly exploiting a man's death for personal benefit.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
RS Concert story revisited; some new descriptions about Prince from BrownMark's POV:

New descriptions. Is he piling on more complaints and insults...another location and reason Prince happened to kick him with his little boots. At one point years ago, it was the shins for a broken string. Now, its his butt for bad playing. Is he going to call him a narcissist while he continues to act like a narcissist. Screw him.

Last edited:

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
New descriptions. Is he piling on more complaints and insults...another location and reason Prince happened to kick him with his little boots? At one point years ago when he contributed to the Rise and Fall of Prince, it was the shins for a broken string. Now, its his butt for uninspired playing. Is he going to call him a narcissist while he continues to act like a narcissist himself saying things like everyone can play every instrument, and Mark was taken out of PR and the spotlight because Prince was jealous of Mark's xes appeal or that Mazarati WAS Mark Brown or that Prince wanted a younger version of himself who could play bass or that the Revolution got Prince his hall of fame induction or that he can sing just like Prince or that he did ALL of the music for Kiss or that he didn't make it in the industry because he was too nice of a guy or that the current Revolution (not coincidently with his more prominent bass playing and lead singing) sounds better than it ever did? . Has Mark Brown ever really complimented another musician specifically...none that I can think of--other than the Revolution as a whole? Screw him. He is a passive aggressive whiny ass hypocrite who blew a Motown contract and had most of his musical contributions to Kiss's arrangement taken out. Mark is no David Z...LOL.

Last edited:

LadyCabDriver

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,381 677 229
Alleybux
Even if they were, who gives a flying fµck? What are we? Puritans. Its a fµck!ng rock concert. He should stop worrying about consensual xes among adults and start worrying about what God thinks about tastelessly exploiting a man's death for personal benefit.
LOL @ Brownmark being SHOCKED I TELL YOU SHOCKED at people having xes AT A ROCK CONCERT.

Here's the real truth about Brownmark: HE WAS SCARED OF PRINCE. Period. Prince used to make him cry to his momma!!!! That's why he's talking all this sh!t now.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
LOL @ Brownmark being SHOCKED I TELL YOU SHOCKED at people having xes AT A ROCK CONCERT.

Here's the real truth about Brownmark: HE WAS SCARED OF PRINCE. Period. Prince used to make him cry to his momma!!!! That's why he's talking all this sh!t now.
I think he was more jealous than scared. Maybe scared because he didn't want to blow his shot. But the idea that this man had formed another band Mazarati on Prince's label in 85 seems to prove that he was never going to be happy as a studio musician working for a star. Which is fine but he can cut out the martyrdom crap and "We all matter sh!t." If you mattered so damn much as a musician, you would have stood out more when you had that Motown contract...(but he finds a way to blame Prince for that as well. Stating that Prince basically consumed all the sounds he could have contributed to his later career...bµllsh!t. Contrary to the narrative now, Prince found a way to still have some hits after the Minneapolis Sound wasn't dominant.

The fact that Prince often buried the bass sound and even eliminated it from his recordings probably didn't bode well with him. However, I doubt its that Prince wanted a younger version of himself but who could play bass but that Mark was convinced that he was indeed that thing. Don't get me wrong. I am sure Prince talked some sh!t about him being " a little cutie pie"...he called him that in the First Avenue concert. But the man who put Tommy Barbarello in his band wasn't too worried about being upstaged by the likes of Mark Brown. Mark has a fragile ego it seems. I don't think he can admit that Prince was more charismatic and talented than himself, even though he claims to be humble about his Motown contract. He hasn't changed his tune too much since Prince died...just become much more bold, self aggrandizing and self serving.in the public eye. I bet Prince's death is the best thing that ever happened to him. Don't get me wrong. I am sure he took some sh!t from Prince back in the day...but to claim that Prince ruined what could have been the best years of his life is like blaming the drill sergeant because you weren't promoted to a general later in life. The dude came out of his basic training with a promotion but it didn't get him anywhere and he wants someone to blame. Even if Prince gave him some random bit of credit for Kiss, it would only mean money, not necessarily career success. He didn't write the melody or lyrics and co-arranged it with others (and his bassline was removed) so expecting one third of publishing would be a ridiculous long shot.

Last edited:

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
I think he was more jealous than scared. Maybe scared because he didn't want to blow his shot. But the idea that this man had formed another band Mazarati on Prince's label in 85 seems to prove that he was never going to be happy as a studio musician working for a star. Which is fine but he can cut out the martyrdom crap and "We all matter sh!t." If you mattered so damn much as a musician, you would have stood out more when you had that Motown contract...(but he finds a way to blame Prince for that as well. Stating that Prince basically consumed all the sounds he could have contributed to his later career...bµllsh!t. Contrary to the narrative now, Prince found a way to still have some hits after the Minneapolis Sound wasn't dominant.

The fact that Prince often buried the bass sound and even eliminated it from his recordings probably didn't bode well with him. However, I doubt its that Prince wanted a younger version of himself but who could play bass but that Mark was convinced that he was indeed that thing. Don't get me wrong. I am sure Prince talked some sh!t about him being " a little cutie pie"...he called him that in the First Avenue concert. But the man who put Tommy Barbarello in his band wasn't too worried about being upstaged by the likes of Mark Brown. Mark has a fragile ego it seems. I don't think he can admit that Prince was more charismatic and talented than himself, even though he claims to be humble about his Motown contract. He hasn't changed his tune too much since Prince died...just become much more bold, self aggrandizing and self serving.in the public eye. I bet Prince's death is the best thing that ever happened to him. Don't get me wrong. I am sure he took some sh!t from Prince back in the day...but to claim that Prince ruined what could have been the best years of his life is like blaming the drill sergeant because you weren't promoted to a general later in life. The dude came out of his basic training with a promotion but it didn't get him anywhere and he wants someone to blame. Even if Prince gave him some random bit of credit for Kiss, it would only mean money, not necessarily career success. He didn't write the melody or lyrics and co-arranged it with others (and his bassline was removed) so expecting one third of publishing would be a ridiculous long shot.
That's what employers tend to do -- expect you to work for your paycheck. Many of us have worked round the clock for much less money than MB was making. Motown wouldn't have been interested without Prince -- and he didn't last long when he got there.

Medical resident work hours have become a hot topic of discussion due to the potential negative results of sleep deprivation on both residents and their patients. According to a study of 4,510 obstetric-gynecologic residents, 71.3% reported sleeping less than 3 hours while on night call.[

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
Exactly

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Mark is a dick and I wish that he, along with the rest of The Rev, would never give another interview. But, if what he says about Prince kicking him is true, that ain't cool either.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
Mark is a dick and I wish that he, along with the rest of The Rev, would never give another interview. But, if what he says about Prince kicking him is true, that ain't cool either.
We just do not know because he keeps changing the story. If Prince kicked him especially if it was more then once he should have had some common sense and knocked the sh!t put him. I find the story hard to believe for that reason alone and the fact that he has no embarrassment with telling it. The elevator does not go up to top floor with Mark

Last edited:

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
ITs not cool but weirdly no other men said anything about him kicking them. So, maybe in slight defense of prince if it did happen, the music was playing and he wanted him to correct his error but didn't want to stop the music and he couldn't be heard over the music to tell him about it because he wasn't near the MIC... So, he resorted to a physical indication of his discontent with his playing.

JDsCheekbone

Princes hazel eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
5,438 366 83
Alleybux
ITs not cool but weirdly no other men said anything about him kicking them. So, maybe in slight defense of prince if it did happen, the music was playing and he wanted him to correct his error but didn't want to stop the music and he couldn't be heard over the music to tell him about it because he wasn't near the MIC... So, he resorted to a physical indication of his discontent with his playing.
That’s not a good excuse to kick someone, he could’ve tapped his shoulder or something but not kick him ( and mind you I’m not a brown mark fan )

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
That’s not a good excuse to kick someone, he could’ve tapped his shoulder or something but not kick him ( and mind you I’m not a brown mark fan )
We do not even know if it is true but we do know Prince was very hard on his musicians and I can believe that something about Mark might have rubbed him the wrong way. I think we maybe only getting one side of whatever there issues were.

Gwendolina

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,378 915 197
Alleybux
I don't know what their issues were but personally I wouldn't continue to work for someone who kicked me, I don't care who it is.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
We just do not know because he keeps changing the story. If Prince kicked him especially if it was more then once he should have had some common sense and knocked the sh!t put him. I find the story hard to believe for that reason alone and the fact that he has no embarrassment with telling it. The elevator does not go up to top floor with Mark
Well, some people just won't defend themselves, for whatever reason. Mark doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack. And bullies know who to pull that sh!t on. Not saying Prince was a bully. But, if he had laid one finger on me, I would have whooped his little ass until he couldn't sit down. Getting fired would have been totally worth it.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
ITs not cool but weirdly no other men said anything about him kicking them. So, maybe in slight defense of prince if it did happen, the music was playing and he wanted him to correct his error but didn't want to stop the music and he couldn't be heard over the music to tell him about it because he wasn't near the MIC... So, he resorted to a physical indication of his discontent with his playin
Tbh, Mark has been telling this story, or some version of the story for awhile now. I think it happened. Prince probably knew Mark wasn't going to do anything about it. Any other man would have kicked the sh!t out of him. Prince wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that to a member of The Time. The whole band would have had that member's back. Guess the men of The Rev are all pussies. Not everything Prince did in life needs to be excused away. He was a brilliant human being. But he had his faults too.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
Oh, it was wrong, just trying to understand where P might have been coming from.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
We do not even know if it is true but we do know Prince was very hard on his musicians and I can believe that something about Mark might have rubbed him the wrong way. I think we maybe only getting one side of whatever there issues were.
Oh, I agree. He rubs me the wrong way and I don't even know him. Like I said, it doesn't excuse kicking a subordinate. But Prince and Mark were young. Plus, if he truly forgives Prince he wouldn't constantly bring it up. I don't care if they had their issues. What I dislike about Mark is that I don't trust him.

For example, another interview I read recently, he said of course that Prince used to be extremely narcissistic. When they asked him about his best moments with Prince, he said when he played ping pong or took him and a group skating (doing normal things in other words). He said that was the real Prince. But what confuses me is that Mark has said that P spent most of the time hanging out with the girls in the band and it bothered him that he was left out. That being said, maybe he wanted more interpersonal interaction than he got. So I could see his point. So maybe he isn't lying there. But in the same interview, he stated that during the last time he talked to Prince (whatever year it was since he goes back and forth) he said that he was at Paisley Park and told Prince that he was proud of him (odd thing to say) and that Prince said "you helped built this" That account of their last encounter seems like complete BS and extremely convenient for a man who is now making a living shifting between slamming on the man and "honoring" him while saying that the Revolution helped to MAKE Prince. Like I said, I dont' trust him. Every interview he says something that makes me side eye him (so to speak). I think I read the interviews just to compile the horseshit he peddling in my internal data bank. I need to stop. LOL

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
Well, some people just won't defend themselves, for whatever reason. Mark doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack. And bullies know who to pull that sh!t on. Not saying Prince was a bully. But, if he had laid one finger on me, I would have whooped his little ass until he couldn't sit down. Getting fired would have been totally worth it.
Exactly what sort of person would take that type of abuse. I keep wondering if this was a push and shove and Mark is blowing up to be more

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Exactly what sort of person would take that type of abuse. I keep wondering if this was a push and shove and Mark is blowing up to be more
Hands or feet, shoving or kicking, doesn't matter to me. Prince shouldn't have been hitting or kicking any of his employees. Even if it's someone I don't care for.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
Hands or feet, shoving or kicking, doesn't matter to me. Prince shouldn't have been hitting or kicking any of his employees. Even if it's someone I don't care for.
True. Coaches smack their players butts or used to. Drill Sergeants get physical. I think Jerome Benton used that analogy of a football coach like the ones he had...(although he clarified that he and P never had interactions like that themselves). So I think he was referring more to Mark. Although I doubt he was there to witness it. In fact, I don't recall anyone else confirming Mark's story. I also don't recall anyone else denying it either. Who knows. Once again, not justifying it--just trying to speculate how Prince justified to himself.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
And Mark should have clocked him in self defense instead of talking about 40 years later and changing the story

JDsCheekbone

Princes hazel eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
5,438 366 83
Alleybux
Like I said, Prince knew who to try that sh!t with. List every excuse in the world, wrong is wrong.
Exactly, if he tried that mess with someone like jellybean Johnson his cute little behind would’ve ended up in the hospital

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
Like I said, Prince knew who to try that sh!t with. List every excuse in the world, wrong is wrong.
Who said anyone was making excuses? First, we do not know if it is even true since he keeps changing the story. Secondly, I have hard time feeling sorry for a grown ass man who would rather cry about this 40 years later then defend himself. It is one of the reasons I find the story suspect.

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
Exactly, if he tried that mess with someone like jellybean Johnson his cute little behind would’ve ended up in the hospital
Well that's interesting, because here Jellybean Johnson claims Morris hit Prince. Unlike in Brown's case, there was actually a witness.

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
Mark is as honest as a used car salesman. Here he is at 3:00:

"Right before Prince passed, a year before he passed, he had flown me up to Minneapolis because he wanted me to look into a project with him - this new thing he was putting together. It ended up being 3rdeyegirl, which... you know, I'm not a girl, so I didn't fit the bill..."

Ida Nielson joined the NPG in 2010, 3rdeyegirl formed in 2012 - their album came out in 2014; Prince built up the group from scratch and toured with them, they were with him at Montreux. So at Mark's whim, Ida's years with Prince can be erased, as can the folks he was mentoring -- years of Prince's life erased as Mark sees fit.

If repeating something makes it true, the Melvoins are a bastion of holiness. No doubt their modus operandi -- say it enough times and people will take it as truth. Duane Tudahl couldn't even be bothered to interview Sheila for the SOTT / Parade book -- but made sure he hooked up with Apples.

Last edited:

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Mark is as honest as a used car salesman. Here he is at 3:00:

"Right before Prince passed, a year before he passed, he had flown me up to Minneapolis because he wanted me to look into a project with him - this new thing he was putting together. It ended up being 3rdeyegirl, which... you know, I'm not a girl, so I didn't fit the bill..."

Ida Nielson joined the NPG in 2010, 3rdeyegirl formed in 2012 - their album came out in 2014; Prince built up the group from scratch and toured with them, they were with him at Montreux. So at Mark's whim, Ida's years with Prince can be erased, as can the folks he was mentoring -- years of Prince's life erased as Mark sees fit.

If repeating something makes it true, the Melvoins are a bastion of holiness. No doubt their modus operandi -- say it enough times and people will take it as truth. Duane Tudahl couldn't even be bothered to interview Sheila for the SOTT / Parade book -- but made sure he hooked up with Apples.

It makes no sense not to interview Shelia. I wonder if he even attempted to talk to her. Almost seems like she's been blacklisted by some. What the hell does Apples know about SOTT? Or Prince for that matter.

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
It makes no sense not to interview Shelia. I wonder if he even attempted to talk to her. Almost seems like she's been blacklisted by some. What the hell does Apples know about SOTT? Or Prince for that matter.
It is disgusting... Tudahl claims he used articles for Sheila, no doubt she will be a footnote in that book. After all, wouldn't want to mess with the 'Susannah was the crowing glory of Prince's catalogue'; and throw Wendy into that mix too. I doubt Sheila wouldn't contribute to the book if she were asked. And yes, she has been blacklisted -- never mind that she was on Prince's stage for years, and made music with him. I believe Tudahl said he even interviewed Devin Devasquez for this book -- song inspirations. But heaven forbid that Sheila should claim she was important to him.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
It is disgusting... Tudahl claims he used articles for Sheila, no doubt she will be a footnote in that book. After all, wouldn't want to mess with the 'Susannah was the crowing glory of Prince's catalogue'; and throw Wendy into that mix too. I doubt Sheila wouldn't contribute to the book if she were asked. And yes, she has been blacklisted -- never mind that she was on Prince's stage for years, and made music with him. I believe Tudahl said he even interviewed Devin Devasquez for this book -- song inspirations. But heaven forbid that Sheila should claim she was important to him.
I swear Susannah has to be sucking a lot of d**k to get the praise she does. Apples and Devin? Gross. Well, Devin claimed Adore for herself in her book. That should be interesting. Lol

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
I swear Susannah has to be sucking a lot of d**k to get the praise she does. Apples and Devin? Gross. Well, Devin claimed Adore for herself in her book. That should be interesting. Lol
It is gross, and why should Devin be believed and Sheila be blacklisted? Don't her years with Prince count for anything?

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
It is gross, and why should Devin be believed and Sheila be blacklisted? Don't her years with Prince count for anything?
Not if the years being written about intermingle with Susannah's time with Prince. Same reason he was insistent in the PR book, that once Vanity left, she and Prince were completely over.

Didn't someone say he interviewed Susan Moonsie too? I am interested in what she has to say. But I thought she was long gone before SOTT.

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
Not if the years being written about intermingle with Susannah's time with Prince. Same reason he was insistent in the PR book, that once Vanity left, she and Prince were completely over.

Didn't someone say he interviewed Susan Moonsie too? I am interested in what she has to say. But I thought she was long gone before SOTT.
I believe Apples wanted him to interview Susan, but don't know if he did. The inclusion of Devin is contrived, as she was just an alleged brief fling. Even Maneca Lightner was with Prince for years -- and she was on the Madhouse covers, same timing as SOTT; wouldn't it make more sense to interview her?

News Alley

Top Bottom