Quantcast

New Amsterdam Season 3 Official Trailer (HD) & Discussion Thread

Intimacy

Heaven, Moon and Stars
Reaction score
Reactions
470,911 7,771 1,020
Alleybux
Oh I totally agree that his white privilege is an advantage! Especially since that stern old lady picks up all the pieces and does all the dirty work with the donors, the press, etc.
All Max has to do is use his puppy eyes and inspiring speeches.

As @Intimacy mentioned, Max gets to go back to his cute little life at the end of the day. That's I why I think showing his personal struggles would make him more tolerable.

Max's life struggles are just that his struggles...

Notice the other cast members deal with racism, sexism, fertility issues, and as you mentioned the older White woman does all the work (once again showcasing the sexism because Max doesn't deal with any of this)

Max (who is based on a real person) is portrayed exactly the way he should be compared to his coworkers

Diva_Style

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,709 58 3
Alleybux
Ok, I just finished episode 7 and this season is really getting to me. The idea of tackling one big issue in a single episode is absolutely ridiculous("let's end the opioid crisis", "let's end systemic racism", "let's end discrimination based on xesual orientation"!).

Again, Max's white savior attitude and his tendency to see everything in black and white is grating.

I don't like Helen's hard-faced niece and I will miss Kapoor dearly :cry:
Thank you, that girl is about to stress Helen out with her “16” year old self:cautious:

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,782 1,106 212
Alleybux
Y'all watching tonight??

I missed the first half. Is it a full moon? Why are all the black women giving birth today? :sneaky:

Diva_Style

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,709 58 3
Alleybux
Y'all watching tonight??

I missed the first half. Is it a full moon? Why are all the black women giving birth today? :sneaky:
I missed the first 20mins. Next week looks good, I’m guessing Helen’s dad left her and her mom to start a new family.

I was rooting for Reynolds and the OB until she said she was married. Why can’t we ever have something nice. :arrogant

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,782 1,106 212
Alleybux
I was watching Verzuz tonight

Who was on Versuz tonight?

I missed the first 20mins. Next week looks good, I’m guessing Helen’s dad left her and her mom to start a new family.

I was rooting for Reynolds and the OB until she said she was married. Why can’t we ever have something nice. :arrogant

I knew they were gonna throw me a curveball, that's why I didn't want to root for them to start with.
The OB is pretty asf tho!!

Honey4

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
183,435 8,784 4,475
Alleybux
This episode was so good! The first scene had me in tears. Such a good story detailing birth and black women.
wow I though the complete opposite, and they obviously don't have black writers , with their questions of "have you ever loved a black woman" wtf was that

Hereforthetee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,304 4,239 68
Alleybux
wow I though the complete opposite, and they obviously don't have black writers , with their questions of "have you ever loved a black woman" wtf was that

I took that if you’ve ever loved a black woman an you know there’s no changing her mind. The episode showed the systemic issues faced in different income levels. One girl was raped and refused to believe she was pregnant, then another who was wealthy yet still faced discrimination.

Honey4

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
183,435 8,784 4,475
Alleybux
I took that if you’ve ever loved a black woman an you know there’s no changing her mind. The episode showed the systemic issues faced in different income levels. One girl was raped and refused to believe she was pregnant, then another who was wealthy yet still faced discrimination.

so if you ever loved a white woman you can change her mind?

implying that were too stubborn for or own good

whataday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
8,577 304 97
Alleybux
so if you ever loved a white woman you can change her mind?

implying that were too stubborn for or own good
what i got from it is that he needed to LISTEN to her because we know of what we speak. Also, the obvious double entendre from the writers about Helen.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
The episode was pretty good. It showed issues black women face when giving birth regardless of their standing and situation. I wanted to drop kick the woman who wanted to get a court order for the girl who was raped. Like she hasn't been traumatised enough and this hard faced hag wants to tip her over the edge.

I don't care for Helen's niece, instead of bringing her in we could be having character progression/growth for her instead.

What is the deal with Bloom and the Asian lady? Now she's going to live with her?

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
The episode was pretty good. It showed issues black women face when giving birth regardless of their standing and situation. I wanted to drop kick the woman who wanted to get a court order for the girl who was raped. Like she hasn't been traumatised enough and this hard faced hag wants to tip her over the edge.

I don't care for Helen's niece, instead of bringing her in we could be having character progression/growth for her instead.

What is the deal with Bloom and the Asian lady? Now she's going to live with her?

I don't care for this niece OR Asian lady story line. Not one bit. If anything, I hate the freaking niece and just don't care about the Asian lady enough.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
I don't care for this niece OR Asian lady story line. Not one bit. If anything, I hate the freaking niece and just don't care about the Asian lady enough.
Ikr!! I just find myself kinda watching on auto-pilot. The stroylines are compelling enough to keep my attention.

ZeusAlmighty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
133,591 3,623 1,142
Alleybux
At first I only watched because I'm in love with Freema Agyeman, but I actually really like this show in spite of its obvious flaws.

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,782 1,106 212
Alleybux
Not this white man blaming the shooting on a "black or latino" man:disdain

Not this white woman saying "I guess all lives don't matter" :disdain

Not Max making yet another stoopid decision:disdain

Not Frome ignoring boundaries once again:disdain

Not this homeless woman spending her coins on a big-ass tree:disdain

Not this annoying ungrateful teenager making Helen's life difficult :disdain

Last edited:

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,374 1,957 302
Alleybux
So, I came back since nothing else was on last night. Are Asian lady and Bloom going to start dating? they haven't even try with Asian lady's medical career. Freema and the niece is some nonsense, they didn't even give it a few days before the attitude started. Freema needs to send her back and call one of her exes.

I wonder if there's a story arch with the new neurologist.

Max needs to call a nanny, au pair, child minder etc to look after his child and his wife's parents can see her on the weekend.

funnywithfierce

You Tried It!
Reaction score
Reactions
191,702 35,800 1,142
Alleybux
So, I came back since nothing else was on last night. Are Asian lady and Bloom going to start dating? they haven't even try with Asian lady's medical career. Freema and the niece is some nonsense, they didn't even give it a few days before the attitude started. Freema needs to send her back and call one of her exes.

I wonder if there's a story arch with the new neurologist.

Max needs to call a nanny, au pair, child minder etc to look after his child and his wife's parents can see her on the weekend.
She's not Asian, she's from Central/Latin America I think and I've been getting those 'gay' vibes from Bloom and her ever since she asked her to move in with her as a 'roommate'.. damn! They're just giving her any storyline and questioning her sexuality at this point. I want Dr. Sharpe and Max to get together already, I'm sick of her entitled niece staying with her and now dropping out of school... WTF

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,374 1,957 302
Alleybux
She's not Asian, she's from Central/Latin America I think and I've been getting those 'gay' vibes from Bloom and her ever since she asked her to move in with her as a 'roommate'.. damn! They're just giving her any storyline and questioning her sexuality at this point. I want Dr. Sharpe and Max to get together already, I'm sick of her entitled niece staying with her and now dropping out of school... WTF

The actress playing the homeless Uber driver is definitely of South Asian heritage. Her first name is Shiva.

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
I'm tired of this cabbie story line. Like they had all this time to develop it and what do they do? Chuck it for what seems like forever and now they wanna do something with it.

Glad Reynolds told off that couple finally. I was like 'Oop' since that mom said they were upset they defunded the police.

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
Am I the only one that thinks Max needs to go ahead and tell Luna grandma to go head somewhere.

She is undermining Max and she coming off disrespectful. I wish he ain't call her ass back.

Don't kill me I KNOW SHE IS THE GRANDMA but she doing a lot to me.

I don't like her.

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
Am I the only one that thinks Max needs to go ahead and tell Luna grandma to go head somewhere.

She is undermining Max and she coming off disrespectful. I wish he ain't call her ass back.

I don't like her.

I finished this episode not too long ago and I was thinking the same thing. I meant to write something about it earlier, then I forgot to. Anyways, I wanted to stomp on her throat. I know it's a bit much, but she was doing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much! I get kids need to stick to a schedule, but her ass already agreed to the damn story. If I were Max, I'd never invite her back down to watch Luna again. Just find another pre-school. Or another at home babysitter that he trusts.

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,782 1,106 212
Alleybux

I don't like her.

I thought I was hallucinating since no one else mentioned the shady grandma!

She is most definitely trying to sabotage Max, I think she wants him to fail as a father so she can swoop in an pick up the pieces.

On the other hand, Max needs to de better too.

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
I thought I was hallucinating since no one else mentioned the shady grandma!

She is most definitely trying to sabotage Max, I think she wants him to fail as a father so she can swoop in an pick up the pieces.

On the other hand, Max needs to de better too.

I definitely got the vibe she was sabotaging him too at the end. Max definitely has to do better cause at the beginning of the season he didn't even have Luna there with him (with Covid I get it, but we saw how he didn't even know what she did and didn't like anymore due to him being away from her a couple of episodes back). But at least he's trying which is better than what we can say about a lot of "fathers" who just don't give a damn about their child(ren). Like I said earlier, let him pay her ass dust and keep her away from her grandbaby if she wanna do all that!

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,145 5,526 152
Alleybux
Thanks guys cause I was like what the hell grandma back off.

She better not try to get custody of Luna. She seems sneaky to me. Max better watch out.

Also what was homegirl thinking hiring that lady with no interview???

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux

I was like:

th

Cause girl was blind sided by her admiration.

MissMoneypenny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,576 11,761 1,478
Alleybux
Thanks guys cause I was like what the hell grandma back off.

She better not try to get custody of Luna. She seems sneaky to me. Max better watch out.

I think that's where Luna and Max's storyline is headed.

On another note, I like Leyla and Lauren. I think they make sense. Organic pairing at least.

CouldYouImagine

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
923 77 7
Alleybux
I'm so excited to see the lesbian love story develop. I just knew this was where it was going from the beginning.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,953 209 17
Alleybux
On today's episode of Max does what he wants and get it - Max wants free internet and computers. Hooray for Max. Can they please stop these stupid episodes of Max being able to bulldoze people like this. He'd have used up all his goodwill with people.

While he's busy saving New York one mission at a time, Max is going to have his daughter snatched out from under him. He should put some of his mission energy into spending time with his daughter and finding a good nanny/babysitter.

I wanted Reynolds to tear that b!tch apart after her all lives comment. I'm glad Reynolds went off on the dad but the b!tch wife deserved some smoke too.

Helen needs to pack that b!tch off to Dubai.

Bloom and her friend - meh.

Diva_Style

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,709 58 3
Alleybux
Thank you, that too grown to be 16 niece is a brat, wasn’t she the one begging Helen to come to America, where are her mother’s family anyway. I’m tired of her attitude. I like that we are getting more of Helen’s background. From previews for next week I think Sharpwin will address their feelings by the end of the season and I can’t wait.

Bloom and her roomie can be whatever the want as long as they don’t stick her with Floyd I’m good.

random thought: I like Sandra Fall from Billing, she’s funny.

Whathdickens

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,553 447 51
Alleybux
Totally forgot to watch tonight!

What was the "big" Helen & Max moment that was announced?
David Schulner said last week sharpwin fans would be served a full course meal....he lied. They only served wine, cheese, no crackers. A hug...they hugged. Close enough to kiss, but it felt like helen friend zoned Max.

Last edited: