Quantcast

New Docuseries Moment of Truth Revisits Murder of Michael Jordan's Father FIRST LOOK TRAILER

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,192 274,779 8,222
Alleybux
rymvkwa3nttwhwhk49lj.png

New Docuseries Moment of Truth Revisits Murder of Michael Jordan's Father

For years, the circumstances surrounding the death of James Jordan, father of NBA legend Michael Jordan, have been shrouded in mystery, but now, a new docuseries is on the way that seeks to uncover the truth behind the murder that disrupted the Chicago Bulls’ 1990s basketball dynasty.

Moment of Truth presents new compelling information on the July 23, 1993 murder that shocked the nation, created a media frenzy, and served as a catalyst for Michael’s first retirement from the NBA months later.

“It made me realize how short life is, how quickly things can end, how innocently,” Jordan said during his retirement announcement. “And I thought that there are times in one’s life when you have to put games aside. I wanted to give more time to my family. I’ve been very selfish about centering things on my basketball career. Now it’s time to be unselfish with them.”

The five-part series also unveils new details pertaining to the story behind the murder of the beloved husband and father, as well as the historical context of social injustice in Robeson County, N.C., where teenagers Larry Demery and Daniel Green were charged and convicted of the crime.

Moment of Truth will also feature on-camera interviews with Green and his lawyer, Christine Mumma, the executive director of the North Carolina Center on Actual Innocence; exclusive archival footage that hasn’t been accessed since 1996; court documents; evidence photos from the case; and never-before-released trial audio.

For true crime junkies, this sounds like the perfect recipe for your next fix, and with every episode of Moment of Truth set to premiere on April 2—exclusively on IMDb TV—this could be the next big documentary to set social media on fire.

I look forward to checking this out and hopefully it provides the Jordan family with some level of closure, if they haven’t been able to achieve that already.

LINK

New Docuseries Moment of Truth Revisits Murder of Michael Jordan's Father

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
483,429 19,230 18,730
Alleybux
I’ve been watching this today and...SMH. I had no idea this story was so scandalous and I’m from North Carolina.

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
483,429 19,230 18,730
Alleybux
You know, I know that people grieve in their own ways but I can’t help but wonder if Michael’s reaction/seeming lack of curiosity surrounding the details of this case is due to the fact that he was well aware of the kinds of sh!t his father was in to. I mean, it’s already known that they used to gamble together and they were super close. This series and the Last Dance paint a picture of Michael as someone super image conscious, so I wonder if he didn’t wanna be seen to be publicly pressing the issue because he had suspicions of what would be found if the truth really came out.

blkmyrrhmade

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,886 641 33
Alleybux
I just finished this documentary and I feel so bad for Larry Green being set up to take this murder charge. I believe he is innocent of that and was being loyal to his friend who completely threw him to the wolves. I also believe the corruption in the police department paired with this being such a high profile case led to this case being so poorly handled.

Also, they definitely left out a lot about how his father got connected with the guy who ultimately took his life. They danced around it, but I’m pretty sure some illegal activities were going on. Especially for him to be missing for that long before being reported missing by his family. Him disappearing for long periods of time must have been normal for him.

80ish baby

I’m an ass
Reaction score
Reactions
150,719 6,612 127
Alleybux
I just finished this documentary and I feel so bad for Larry Green being set up to take this murder charge. I believe he is innocent of that and was being loyal to his friend who completely threw him to the wolves. I also believe the corruption in the police department paired with this being such a high profile case led to this case being so poorly handled.

Also, they definitely left out a lot about how his father got connected with the guy who ultimately took his life. They danced around it, but I’m pretty sure some illegal activities were going on. Especially for him to be missing for that long before being reported missing by his family. Him disappearing for long periods of time must have been normal for him.
I’ve just watched and I agree with all of this. Damn