Newbie Advice Thread~ Hey Newbie Stop Here And Say Hi! (2nd Edition)

Reactions
Alleybux
Helloooo ive been lurking on this site for awhile and finally decided on making a profile. Its been interesting so far! Hope you all can get your count up and make the threads of your dreams!

Ninja Lurker
Reactions
215 3
Alleybux
So here we are 4 years later in 2012!

Hi Newbies! I am not new...but I love LSA and I really enjoy meeting the new folks.

A word to the wise...

1) Lurk a little so you get a feel for what's going on.

2) Try out all of the forums...You may find that you have more varied interests than you thought.

3) Please Please Read the Rules!

4) Post here and there...get your post count up! You can start in this thread... 25 is that magic number... :pdance:

Otherwise you should be ok...:wink:

WELCOME!!!

Another thread that I feel is a MUST for newbies is the LSA Dictionary... By reading the LSA Rulebook you get a great history recap of the site. But know and understand that this site definitely has it's own sort of "culture". So the Dictionary/Lexicon will help you out! Here is the link ~~~> http://www.lipstickalley.com/f30/lsa-dictionary-120010/

Also read the archives.. to get a sense of what's gone on here in the past.. it will help you understand some of the stuff going on here now.

Another topic... The Back Alley... it is a place where "beefs" occur.. if a poster or "font" as we call them have a beef with another.. you may see them start a thread in the Back Alley. It's better then fighting in a thread and derailing the thread. also you may see a Moderator move part of a thread into the back alley so that the thread may continue with no drama. :laugh:
im hoping i used the slang on here right. i dont wanna end up sound like such a newbie even tho i am lol

Reactions
Alleybux
Here are some general things to help get you started.. All found in the rule book! Which I strongly advise you read!!! :)

You can click on this link! :wink: ~~> Lipstick Alley Rule Book

• You need 25 posts before you can create threads.
    • Don't use profanity in your thread titles.
    • Once you have 25 posts you can use the Thanks/Groan buttons on each thread. Groans are limited, so once you use your daily allotment the button will disappear. Think before you groan.
    • Post your message in the appropriate forum. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics on an inappropriate forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators will move your post if it is more relevant to another forum.
    • Sexually explicit topics are not allowed on LSA due to the terms and conditions of our advertisers, but we have provided an alternate forum for such content at http:/xesalley.com.
Hiya newbie here. This 25 post rule stuff. Is it 25 new threads or just comments. Sorry so confused. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions
Alleybux
A friend brought me to this site knowing damn well that I have an addictive personality. Since I've been here I've quit smoking and my credit score went up 100 points. Correlation? Idk but I'll stick around anyway.

Reactions
54 1
Alleybux
Hello! I'm a looong time lurker and I had no idea that this particular forum even existed. Does posting here increase my ratings?

Alleybux
Hey y’all ☺️ I’m a newbie. I been lurking a little bit and decided to join. Anyone have any tips, do’s and don’t for me?

Reactions
Alleybux
Hey y’all ☺️ I’m a newbie. I been lurking a little bit and decided to join. Anyone have any tips, do’s and don’t for me?
Hey! Same here, I’ve been lurking for years
upload_2020-12-11_11-50-42.gif

Reactions
Alleybux
Hi everybody :) newnewnew. Lipstick alley is something else, I like lurking here, so I figured I’d start posting so maybe I can get a peek at the celebrity dark room

Reactions
8,645 3 2
Alleybux
Hey! Finally started commenting instead of just lurking lol! Does anyone now how long you must wait after making 25 post? I understand it doesn’t happen immediately (I think) ???

Reactions
1,200 47 24
Alleybux
Hello! I've been lurking on this site for years and finally decided to create an account. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking and I hate the username I picked out. If I delete this account and create a new one will the admins allow me to do this?

Hello, I’m winning ... what’s your name?
BANNED
Reactions
374 2
Alleybux
So here we are 4 years later in 2012!

Hi Newbies! I am not new...but I love LSA and I really enjoy meeting the new folks.

A word to the wise...

1) Lurk a little so you get a feel for what's going on.

2) Try out all of the forums...You may find that you have more varied interests than you thought.

3) Please Please Read the Rules!

4) Post here and there...get your post count up! You can start in this thread... 25 is that magic number... :pdance:

Otherwise you should be ok...:wink:

WELCOME!!!

How do I post a thread

Reactions
Alleybux
Hi! After lurking for a while I finally decided to post. Does anyone know why in some forums when I try to click to enlarge an image that was posted, it opens in a new tab that says I don't have sufficient privileges to view?

The Culture

General Alley

Recent Posts

UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
You guys I miraculously got unbanned from Coinbase and when I logged in, the app was advertising some new coin called Cartesian (CTSI). Now, idk...
Halfrican Beaute
do y’all think that her moving away from natural hair content is a bad move? Personally that’s how I found her in the first place, so I can sort...
Aquarius women....
My best friend is like this when she’s drunk.When we were younger there were literally times where I had to yank her up (damn near fight her) to...
The Pedro Pascal Appreciation, Tea and Thirst Thread
Is this by invitation only or can anyone sign up? I live in LA and would love to see a rough cut (if that's what it is).
Nigeria in America Gist DMV/ATL/LA/Houston/Dallas
Lo Lol she reads this thread. I literally just read your post and went to her page (didn’t watch her story) and she made her account private...
Man Shoots Dead His Air Force Sergeant Wife before Killing Himself
Damnit DailyMail giving misinformation in the titles again. She was an army master sergeant, not Air Force. Wrong as well. She was a master...
What is Kevin Samuels on? Who listens to this dating "advice"?
Oh and I’ll never give myself a 6 just to appease the losers. You can’t win with them. If you label yourself a 2 or 3 they will say you’re seeking...
Monroe Steele, fashion IG and YouTube influencer
She’s not the first black woman to earn a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. That ain’t trailblazing shit y’all kill me with some of these comments...
Top Bottom