Newbie Advice Thread~ Hey Newbie Stop Here And Say Hi! (2nd Edition)

Rookie
Reactions
64 1
Alleybux
Thanks for this thread really useful and totally appreciate as a newbie. I hope to focus on the astrology side of LSA, but hopefully this information will come in use.

Starter
Reactions
2,225 36 118
Alleybux
I love the beauty forums i joined for that also are you a long time lurker too?
Yes! I never signed up because I knew I would eventually get banned for cursing someone out lmfao but I think the craziness happens in certain forums so I'm trying to stick to beauty, fashion, health, true crime and the job/ceo sections

Rookie
Reactions
Alleybux
Long time lurker from 2019 . Although in 2012/2013 my friend and I were heavily addicted. I have it a rest cause I got busy with life. But happy to be back

Bench Warmer
Reactions
62 1 1
Alleybux
What do I need to unlock to set my avi and make a post in this Intro subforum? Everything says "insufficient privileges".

edit- Avi is working now. Still can't make an intro post

Last edited:
Reactions
191 9 1
Alleybux
site is on a new version and things are slowly being implemented. give the site another week to get its bearings before you reach out to the staff.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi Everyone, I've lurked here for awhile maybe since 2014 on and off. I decided to join after the recent reset. Love love love this site.

Rookie
Reactions
Alleybux
Finally decided to make a post after lurking for... FIVE damn years. I didn’t realize until I checked just now.

Anyway, hi. Welcome to all the other newbies!

Bench Warmer
Reactions
Alleybux
Finally decided to make a post after lurking for... FIVE damn years. I didn’t realize until I checked just now.

Anyway, hi. Welcome to all the other newbies!
Hi everyone. :sneaky:
@ethereal314, you've given me the courage to FINALLY step out after nearly 6 years of lurking as a member.

And thank you to all the fonts who've given me a few alleybux just for rating some posts whilst in hiding. :heart:
That was very sweet, unexpected, and made me feel welcome. I've put them in the bank for now, though. I've got 350 big ones in there baby! lol

Also, edit avi isn't working for me either. I had no problem changing it under the old format.

Edit: Well, now it's 398 alleybux. :cool: Thank you all!

Reactions
191 9 1
Alleybux
"Whilst" -- I hear your accent in your words. :)
I lurked this place for years and decided to participate a couple months ago. welcome.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
Alleybux
"Whilst" -- I hear your accent in your words. :)
I lurked this place for years and decided to participate a couple months ago. welcome.
Awww. Thank you, @mardiano. :heart:
I've lurked here for years too. Been terrified about posting here! I've known about this place since 2006 but didn't join until 2015.

And nah, I'm African-American. ADOS to be more specific, born and raised in Florida (no Bugs Bunny gifs, please), but I just like saying 'whilst' (the British version) rather than 'while' (the American version) in that context because it makes me sound all proper like. lol

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and I DID notice that I forgot that comma before 'baby' in my first post, but I just let it go. This time.

Last edited:
Rookie
Reactions
238 34 17
Alleybux
4/23/21, Hello, I joined 4/2020. I truly don't understand the rules and requirements here. (1) the "rules" are not posted ALL in ONE place.
(2) When asked about The "rules" they are given in "pieces."

I joined approx 1 year ago. I tried to post a comment only to learn that I had to be a member for 2 weeks AND receive authorization from this site to post, OK, fine.

Now an entire year has passed, and I just found out in order to create a new topic or new forum "page," I must post 25 comments FIRST. Again, I have posted comments over the past year, but am only NOW learning that NONE of them "count toward the minimum 25," because they were not posted on the Newby page?

Btw, all of my posts are CIVIL, and NON PROFANE, so there is no issue there.

I have no problem abiding by "rules," but "rules," should be posted in ONE PLACE & not PIECE MEALED out so that people know "ALL OF the RULES" from the beginning what they need to do. Now an entire year has passed and there are some serious issues going on that a lot of people want to discuss, and I must BEGIN to acquire 25 posts only on one page, not the pages that I frequent in order for my posts to "be counted toward the 25 posts?" Amazing.

Rookie
Reactions
238 34 17
Alleybux
4/23/2021, So, let me be sure that I fully understand this, I must accumulate 25 minimum posts on "this Newby Page?" If, that is NOT correct, WHICH page must I accumulate 25 posts BEFORE I qualify to create a new topic or new forum page on LipstickAlley ?

Also, "Reputation System," is mentioned on the "Rules" Page, but not explained. Where should one "Lurk," to find this definition? Tyvm.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
3 1
Alleybux
Hi LSA I'm a newbie with a couple posts so far. Sorry if someone asked this I didn't read the whole thread, but how do you change your avi on here? I looked at old posts saying to buy it in the alley mart but I didn't see it there or any of the cool fonts I see other people have. Is it because I haven't reached my 25 posts yet? Before the update I used to have the little emoticon under your username too that was like angelic, lurking, those things but now its gone. I tried doing this stuff on my phone snd my laptop cause I love personalizing stuff lol

anyways sorry again if someone already asked or if this is obvious. thanks!

Rookie
Reactions
238 34 17
Alleybux
yeah i think you need at least 25 posts...
4/26/21, yes, I understand the "minimum 25 posts" are required to start a new topic, or a new forum page, BUT WHERE do I accumulate the minimum 25? I thought that it did NOT matter WHERE you accumulate the 25 posts as long as they are posted anywhere on LipstickAlley. Apparently, that is NOT the case, but no one has told me SPECIFICALLY where or on what page that I need to start posting?? Tyvm !

Trending Threads

The Culture

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

UPDATE Nicki Minaj Live [5/13] Watch Thread/ FRACTIONS RELEASE/BEAM ME UP SCOTTY RELEASE
Exactly sis lmao like come on now. What happened to getting in the ring and battling lyrically. We don’t do that Twitter finger and SM mess. Once...
Lets Talk About The Looming Housing Bubble Bust.. Are You Planning To Buy A Home If/When It Comes?
Ain’t no crash inflation is ramping up. If it didn’t crash when the world locked down, it’s not going to crash after. There maybe a slight swing...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I tried it. Yup he talked about it, I watched that darn video and went and ordered it on Amazon. Didn’t even stop to think, just ordered it. That...
NSYNC General Discussion- Part 5
Wow they're not close at all https://t.co/vnUi19xLfz?amp=1
RHOA Winning! Pampered by Porsha Is Now Available In Amazon
See this is why you guys do desperate things. Selling sheets on Amazon is a major exploit in your villager world. No wonder you jump on stripper...
Why do some people act like they have so much clout in their hometown than they really do?
Countless black people, men in particular, dead or in prison behind some territorial beef. Reminds me of way back when Hurricane Katrina happen...
Husband anger issues
you and your parents should disappear.
Is It Selfish To Be Hesitant About Donating Organs To A Family Member?
That’s very presumptuous of her. And also just because you’re family doesn’t automatically mean that you’re a match for organs anyway. So as...
Top Bottom