Quantcast

Newbie Advice Thread~ Hey Newbie Stop Here And Say Hi! (2nd Edition)

Virgaux

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Oh hey girl, hey! I don't think I ever posted here. I'm a newbie and my name is Virgaux.

upset

single black female addicted to retail
Reaction score
Reactions
4,525 155 20
Alleybux
Helloooo ive been lurking on this site for awhile and finally decided on making a profile. Its been interesting so far! Hope you all can get your count up and make the threads of your dreams!

lavidayoko

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Reactions
394 8 8
Alleybux
So post here... say hi... get some good advice and get your post count up! :wink: Let me know if I can be of help!

Welcome again.. and good luck!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

thank you. im new and this forum is really really helpful. i love LSA :blush:

lavidayoko

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Reactions
394 8 8
Alleybux
So here we are 4 years later in 2012!

Hi Newbies! I am not new...but I love LSA and I really enjoy meeting the new folks.

A word to the wise...

1) Lurk a little so you get a feel for what's going on.

2) Try out all of the forums...You may find that you have more varied interests than you thought.

3) Please Please Read the Rules!

4) Post here and there...get your post count up! You can start in this thread... 25 is that magic number... :pdance:

Otherwise you should be ok...:wink:

WELCOME!!!

Another thread that I feel is a MUST for newbies is the LSA Dictionary... By reading the LSA Rulebook you get a great history recap of the site. But know and understand that this site definitely has it's own sort of "culture". So the Dictionary/Lexicon will help you out! Here is the link ~~~> http://www.lipstickalley.com/f30/lsa-dictionary-120010/

Also read the archives.. to get a sense of what's gone on here in the past.. it will help you understand some of the stuff going on here now.

Another topic... The Back Alley... it is a place where "beefs" occur.. if a poster or "font" as we call them have a beef with another.. you may see them start a thread in the Back Alley. It's better then fighting in a thread and derailing the thread. also you may see a Moderator move part of a thread into the back alley so that the thread may continue with no drama. :laugh:
im hoping i used the slang on here right. i dont wanna end up sound like such a newbie even tho i am lol

Lovelyday98

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Here are some general things to help get you started.. All found in the rule book! Which I strongly advise you read!!! :)

You can click on this link! :wink: ~~> Lipstick Alley Rule Book

• You need 25 posts before you can create threads.
    • Don't use profanity in your thread titles.
    • Once you have 25 posts you can use the Thanks/Groan buttons on each thread. Groans are limited, so once you use your daily allotment the button will disappear. Think before you groan.
    • Post your message in the appropriate forum. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics on an inappropriate forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators will move your post if it is more relevant to another forum.
    • xesually explicit topics are not allowed on LSA due to the terms and conditions of our advertisers, but we have provided an alternate forum for such content at http:/xesalley.com.
Hiya newbie here. This 25 post rule stuff. Is it 25 new threads or just comments. Sorry so confused. Thank you!

Last edited:

Paavy9

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
A friend brought me to this site knowing damn well that I have an addictive personality. Since I've been here I've quit smoking and my credit score went up 100 points. Correlation? Idk but I'll stick around anyway.

Ambaby

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
739 38 2
Alleybux
Hello! I'm a looong time lurker and I had no idea that this particular forum even existed. Does posting here increase my ratings?

GinaGeorge

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
51 7
Alleybux
Hey y’all ☺️ I’m a newbie. I been lurking a little bit and decided to join. Anyone have any tips, do’s and don’t for me?

mtyler074

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hey y’all ☺️ I’m a newbie. I been lurking a little bit and decided to join. Anyone have any tips, do’s and don’t for me?
Hey! Same here, I’ve been lurking for years
upload_2020-12-11_11-50-42.gif

ZenMooon

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
210 2
Alleybux
Hi ....new here. Been lurking off and on for years. Glad I finally decided to join. Happy Holidays!

ngonda

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi all. I'm newish. Been lurking for a while but finally decided to sign up.

carryion

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi everybody :) newnewnew. Lipstick alley is something else, I like lurking here, so I figured I’d start posting so maybe I can get a peek at the celebrity dark room

heyfrizzo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,255 272 263
Alleybux
Hey! Finally started commenting instead of just lurking lol! Does anyone now how long you must wait after making 25 post? I understand it doesn’t happen immediately (I think) ???

Yona Hiryuu

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,513 487 303
Alleybux
Hello! I've been lurking on this site for years and finally decided to create an account. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking and I hate the username I picked out. If I delete this account and create a new one will the admins allow me to do this?

Fishyboi

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Alleybux
Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking for a minute and decided to finally post lol.

IntrovertBeauty

Hello, I’m winning ... what’s your name?
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
391 5
Alleybux
So here we are 4 years later in 2012!

Hi Newbies! I am not new...but I love LSA and I really enjoy meeting the new folks.

A word to the wise...

1) Lurk a little so you get a feel for what's going on.

2) Try out all of the forums...You may find that you have more varied interests than you thought.

3) Please Please Read the Rules!

4) Post here and there...get your post count up! You can start in this thread... 25 is that magic number... :pdance:

Otherwise you should be ok...:wink:

WELCOME!!!

How do I post a thread

Idk Man

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
33 1
Alleybux
Hi! After lurking for a while I finally decided to post. Does anyone know why in some forums when I try to click to enlarge an image that was posted, it opens in a new tab that says I don't have sufficient privileges to view?

EllaEsoteric

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
99 9 10
Alleybux
Hi, all so excited I am a long time lurker interested in horoscopes and other alternative esoteric practices. pleasure to meet you all

EllaEsoteric

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
99 9 10
Alleybux
Thanks for this thread really useful and totally appreciate as a newbie. I hope to focus on the astrology side of LSA, but hopefully this information will come in use.

WhisperAway

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,268 159 317
Alleybux
I love the beauty forums i joined for that also are you a long time lurker too?
Yes! I never signed up because I knew I would eventually get banned for cursing someone out lmfao but I think the craziness happens in certain forums so I'm trying to stick to beauty, fashion, health, true crime and the job/ceo sections

Revolatru

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Long time lurker from 2019 . Although in 2012/2013 my friend and I were heavily addicted. I have it a rest cause I got busy with life. But happy to be back