Quantcast

Newbie Advice Thread~ Hey Newbie Stop Here And Say Hi! (2nd Edition)

lejjet

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
62 1 1
Alleybux
What do I need to unlock to set my avi and make a post in this Intro subforum? Everything says "insufficient privileges".

edit- Avi is working now. Still can't make an intro post

Last edited:

mardiano

Steadicam Operator
Reaction score
Reactions
2,716 169 80
Alleybux
site is on a new version and things are slowly being implemented. give the site another week to get its bearings before you reach out to the staff.

Sunlitya

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
49 3
Alleybux
Hi Everyone, I've lurked here for awhile maybe since 2014 on and off. I decided to join after the recent reset. Love love love this site.

ethereal314

Mrs. Duck
Reaction score
Reactions
11,355 150 11
Alleybux
Finally decided to make a post after lurking for... FIVE damn years. I didn’t realize until I checked just now.

Anyway, hi. Welcome to all the other newbies!

Brandycane

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
397 8 7
Alleybux
Finally decided to make a post after lurking for... FIVE damn years. I didn’t realize until I checked just now.

Anyway, hi. Welcome to all the other newbies!
Hi everyone. :sneaky:
@ethereal314, you've given me the courage to FINALLY step out after nearly 6 years of lurking as a member.

And thank you to all the fonts who've given me a few alleybux just for rating some posts whilst in hiding. :heart:
That was very sweet, unexpected, and made me feel welcome. I've put them in the bank for now, though. I've got 350 big ones in there baby! lol

Also, edit avi isn't working for me either. I had no problem changing it under the old format.

Edit: Well, now it's 398 alleybux. :cool: Thank you all!

mardiano

Steadicam Operator
Reaction score
Reactions
2,716 169 80
Alleybux
"Whilst" -- I hear your accent in your words. :)
I lurked this place for years and decided to participate a couple months ago. welcome.

Brandycane

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
397 8 7
Alleybux
"Whilst" -- I hear your accent in your words. :)
I lurked this place for years and decided to participate a couple months ago. welcome.
Awww. Thank you, @mardiano. :heart:
I've lurked here for years too. Been terrified about posting here! I've known about this place since 2006 but didn't join until 2015.

And nah, I'm African-American. ADOS to be more specific, born and raised in Florida (no Bugs Bunny gifs, please), but I just like saying 'whilst' (the British version) rather than 'while' (the American version) in that context because it makes me sound all proper like. lol

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and I DID notice that I forgot that comma before 'baby' in my first post, but I just let it go. This time.

Last edited:

BDEcavill

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
384 27 4
Alleybux
Does anyone know how to change the avatar pic? I can’t find the option anywhere or in the store! Thanks!

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
4/23/21, Hello, I joined 4/2020. I truly don't understand the rules and requirements here. (1) the "rules" are not posted ALL in ONE place.
(2) When asked about The "rules" they are given in "pieces."

I joined approx 1 year ago. I tried to post a comment only to learn that I had to be a member for 2 weeks AND receive authorization from this site to post, OK, fine.

Now an entire year has passed, and I just found out in order to create a new topic or new forum "page," I must post 25 comments FIRST. Again, I have posted comments over the past year, but am only NOW learning that NONE of them "count toward the minimum 25," because they were not posted on the Newby page?

Btw, all of my posts are CIVIL, and NON PROFANE, so there is no issue there.

I have no problem abiding by "rules," but "rules," should be posted in ONE PLACE & not PIECE MEALED out so that people know "ALL OF the RULES" from the beginning what they need to do. Now an entire year has passed and there are some serious issues going on that a lot of people want to discuss, and I must BEGIN to acquire 25 posts only on one page, not the pages that I frequent in order for my posts to "be counted toward the 25 posts?" Amazing.

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
4/23/2021, So, let me be sure that I fully understand this, I must accumulate 25 minimum posts on "this Newby Page?" If, that is NOT correct, WHICH page must I accumulate 25 posts BEFORE I qualify to create a new topic or new forum page on LipstickAlley ?

Also, "Reputation System," is mentioned on the "Rules" Page, but not explained. Where should one "Lurk," to find this definition? Tyvm.

Dfbitb

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
4 3 1
Alleybux
Hi LSA I'm a newbie with a couple posts so far. Sorry if someone asked this I didn't read the whole thread, but how do you change your avi on here? I looked at old posts saying to buy it in the alley mart but I didn't see it there or any of the cool fonts I see other people have. Is it because I haven't reached my 25 posts yet? Before the update I used to have the little emoticon under your username too that was like angelic, lurking, those things but now its gone. I tried doing this stuff on my phone snd my laptop cause I love personalizing stuff lol

anyways sorry again if someone already asked or if this is obvious. thanks!

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
yeah i think you need at least 25 posts...
4/26/21, yes, I understand the "minimum 25 posts" are required to start a new topic, or a new forum page, BUT WHERE do I accumulate the minimum 25? I thought that it did NOT matter WHERE you accumulate the 25 posts as long as they are posted anywhere on LipstickAlley. Apparently, that is NOT the case, but no one has told me SPECIFICALLY where or on what page that I need to start posting?? Tyvm !

mardiano

Steadicam Operator
Reaction score
Reactions
2,716 169 80
Alleybux
im still new here myself and i just post mostly in the front porch sub.

GlamLEx

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Long-time lurker. Just signed up. I always enjoyed this forum!

AayJay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,383 43 122
Alleybux
Hello! Longtime lurker and now finally starting to post. Love the diversity of opinions on this site.

Legendarium

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
890 22 11
Alleybux
Hey everyone. I'm a new user who signed up specifically to ask a question, but since I have to reach a threshold to start a thread, I figured I'd say hello and introduce myself.

I'm a New Yorker, a former newspaper reporter, and a current student working toward a degree in cyber security. Like probably most people here, I'm thrilled that I've finally gotten vaccinated and I'm really looking forward to getting outdoors and living life this summer after such a long, depressing winter.

Although I've gotten out of the dying news industry, I enjoy writing and I'm working on a handful of short stories and a potential novel-length narrative.

Nolita Weret

#EndWhiteMaleSupremacy
Reaction score
Reactions
2,442 302 170
Alleybux
Another thread that I feel is a MUST for newbies is the LSA Dictionary... By reading the LSA Rulebook you get a great history recap of the site. But know and understand that this site definitely has it's own sort of "culture". So the Dictionary/Lexicon will help you out! Here is the link ~~~> http://www.lipstickalley.com/f30/lsa-dictionary-120010/

Also read the archives.. to get a sense of what's gone on here in the past.. it will help you understand some of the stuff going on here now.

Another topic... The Back Alley... it is a place where "beefs" occur.. if a poster or "font" as we call them have a beef with another.. you may see them start a thread in the Back Alley. It's better then fighting in a thread and derailing the thread. also you may see a Moderator move part of a thread into the back alley so that the thread may continue with no drama. :laugh:
Thank you very much for starting this thread. Unfortunately, I only found this forum weeks after registering! Hahaha! The link to the dictionary does not work for me so I will have to continue to wonder about the etymology of "thot" and "font"....

OlaTia

Planting Seeds & Pulling Weeds!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
123,228 2,260 48
Alleybux
Just got here this week and saw this post...
hey y'all! This really is a fun place to have a conversation and hear what's going on.
;)

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
Hey everyone. I'm a new user who signed up specifically to ask a question, but since I have to reach a threshold to start a thread, I figured I'd say hello and introduce myself.

I'm a New Yorker, a former newspaper reporter, and a current student working toward a degree in cyber security. Like probably most people here, I'm thrilled that I've finally gotten vaccinated and I'm really looking forward to getting outdoors and living life this summer after such a long, depressing winter.

Although I've gotten out of the dying news industry, I enjoy writing and I'm working on a handful of short stories and a potential novel-length narrative.
If you're from the "media" (media=MEDIUM=a MEDDLER=a WITCH) (aka brainwashing & censorship) industry, how can you be trusted ???

On top of all that you load your "intro" with leading and socially engineering statement (so TYPICAL) of the "news" industry such as ;

"Like probably MOST people here, I'm thrilled that I've finally gotten vaccinated???" So they SENT you here to MANIPULATE dumb goyim? This is just ANOTHER LAME trick of yours we are all SO SICK OF !

Legendarium

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
890 22 11
Alleybux
If you're from the "media" (media=MEDIUM=a MEDDLER=a WITCH) (aka brainwashing & censorship) industry, how can you be trusted ???

On top of all that you load your "intro" with leading and socially engineering statement (so TYPICAL) of the "news" industry such as ;

"Like probably MOST people here, I'm thrilled that I've finally gotten vaccinated???" So they SENT you here to MANIPULATE dumb goyim? This is just ANOTHER LAME trick of yours we are all SO SICK OF !

Okay, put me on ignore. I'm certainly not losing anything by not interacting with a semi-literate, conspiracy-peddling anti-Semite who assumes I'm Jewish (I'm not) because I was a newspaper reporter.

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
Okay, put me on ignore. I'm certainly not losing anything by not interacting with a semi-literate, conspiracy-peddling anti-Semite who assumes I'm Jewish (I'm not) because I was a newspaper reporter.
You're "schict," gave you away. The usual canned PREDICTABLE retorts, attack anyone who exposes you as "illiterate." Is classic. (2) "conspiracy theory" only 1 group uses that trick card (3) you "line" about the Covid vaccine, was straight out of the rabbinical handbook. (4) the anti semite card when all else fails.

These tricks are so classic now, we can recognize them thru a computer, no face image required at this point.

Isaiah 8:12 'Do not call conspiracy all that THESE PEOPLE calls CONSPIRACY; do not dread what they dread, have no fear of that.

YaYa Irie

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
928 122 88
Alleybux
Will someone please tell me how to STOP LSA email notifications? I tried turning all emails OFF under preferences, but they are still coming. PLS HELP ! TYVM !

jadedragon

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hey everyone! Can always guarantee to get a good laugh from the good energy on this site, glad to have finally joined in the fun :giggle:

BDEcavill

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
384 27 4
Alleybux
Newbie Questions:
How to get an avatar/profile pic?
And how do you "react" on here to posts? Thanks!