Quantcast

Nicki Minaj husband request trial delay, says he's unprepared & could go back to jail

pseudonymous

Certified Lover Girl
Reaction score
Reactions
2,177 120 36
Alleybux

Article

Kenneth Petty could be going back to prison after he failed to register as a xes offender in California.​

Nicki Minaj’s husband, Kenneth Petty, is facing more prison time after he failed to register as a xes offender when he and his bride first moved to California from New York. After months of media attention on the case, he is still not prepared to go to trial. Petty spent four years locked up after being convicted in 1995 for first-degree attempted rape, leading to the xes offender label.

Petty was arrested and released on a $100,000 bail after he did not register in Los Angeles. He has requested a continuance in his trial for his recent misdemeanor, as he believes it would not be a fair trial otherwise. The trial was originally supposed to start June 29th, but according to documents obtained by Radar, Petty has asked the judge to push it back a few months. He is asking for extra time so that his attorneys can review the evidence in his criminal case. The evidence reportedly includes 800 pages worth of reports, audio recordings, videos, and other discovery items.

Minaj has supported her husband and stood by him throughout all of the recent allegations and legal drama, even with his previous conviction and criminal charges, claiming he is a changed man and takes good care of her and their son.

As of right now, the judge has yet to make a ruling on Petty's request.

LVNA

Black American Princess ♡♛$◇
Reaction score
Reactions
437,039 10,401 1,027
Alleybux
"Nicki Minaj husband request trial delay, says he's unprepared & could go back to jail"

tumblr_pr8c7eqRE01vdshbno8_r1_400.gif

Send his ass back.​

Favour

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,802 2,239 3,907
Alleybux
Its like everytime nicki has a song out, I hear about this fool in the news. Why does her team think this is good promo? No continuance and he should go to jail. He was arrested over a year ago. She really paid 100k for him?

TheRealNikkiO

Slaying & Saving Because Christ Is King!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,687 17,718 14,285
Alleybux

Article

Kenneth Petty could be going back to prison after he failed to register as a xes offender in California.​

Nicki Minaj’s husband, Kenneth Petty, is facing more prison time after he failed to register as a xes offender when he and his bride first moved to California from New York. After months of media attention on the case, he is still not prepared to go to trial. Petty spent four years locked up after being convicted in 1995 for first-degree attempted rape, leading to the xes offender label.

Petty was arrested and released on a $100,000 bail after he did not register in Los Angeles. He has requested a continuance in his trial for his recent misdemeanor, as he believes it would not be a fair trial otherwise. The trial was originally supposed to start June 29th, but according to documents obtained by Radar, Petty has asked the judge to push it back a few months. He is asking for extra time so that his attorneys can review the evidence in his criminal case. The evidence reportedly includes 800 pages worth of reports, audio recordings, videos, and other discovery items.

Minaj has supported her husband and stood by him throughout all of the recent allegations and legal drama, even with his previous conviction and criminal charges, claiming he is a changed man and takes good care of her and their son.

As of right now, the judge has yet to make a ruling on Petty's request.

Attorneys can’t divide up the pages and do a review? He needs a better excuse. This murderer and rapist is banking on another fall lockdown so his arse can continue to evade justice.

kellbombshell

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,544 65 39
Alleybux
Hmm over 800 pages of evidence huh? Must be recordings of them harassing his victim. SMH what a dumb ass. Serves his ass right. They should have left that girl alone. Lock his ass up!

cappycorn87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
196,055 24,823 10,947
Alleybux
Its like everytime nicki has a song out, I hear about this fool in the news. Why does her team think this is good promo? No continuance and he should go to jail. He was arrested over a year ago. She really paid 100k for him?
She most likely releases the music to distract the folks from her husband problems.

BoujeeBae

If there is no way, create one.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,619 848 198
Alleybux
They can send his pedophilia, rapist and manslaughter ass to jail.

Drop the soap kenny and Mrs Petty can join him too since that's her ride-or-die. What a jack ass.

Arianaaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,971 394 129
Alleybux
Good Nicki been Cancelled for marrying him and then threatening victims to keep quiet. Her ass probably tryna change the narrative and put her music out to deflect the media from his ass. Not surprised look at her Brother.

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,424 2,021 879
Alleybux
LMAO he is going to jail forreal, his lawyers want more time to go over the 800 pages. We all know he going to drag this out for as long as they can, Nicki was doing everything she could to help Meek in court when he kept messing up. The only difference is she married this guy and she has a baby she doesn't want to raise alone.

Miss Andry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,395 4,037 2,047
Alleybux
Something has to be wrong with a woman to marry a man like this with the resources and acclaim she has. Why does she have fans? All i see is her with a sour face and bad attitude all day, spewing negative energy toward female artists who don’t praise her and her supporting the many rapists in her life. Why do people support?

She is 40 years old and behaves like a 20 y/o from her poor dating choices to her style of dress, and lyrical content. I find nothing remarkable about her music. It’s not thought-provoking at all. Her fan base is a reflection of her content. Grow up and act like a grown woman and not a beefing tween with a piss poor attitude.

Last edited:

TheMayTaurus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,448 4,638 780
Alleybux
I hope they send him back to prison. No rapist or murderer deserves to be free just because he married a millionaire. Nicki has took this man to Trinidad near girls, defended him and publicly lied to gain sympathy and has been harassing his victim. When do people wake up and cancel Nicki who’s a disgusting rape apologist?

Bi0phillic22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,795 986 206
Alleybux
So you telling me his team can't seek assistance?? how ya "wife" a whole ass $100 millionaire, but ya team can't tackle it. They've literally given this degenerate an entire year and him & his team still not ready

Atp, they pushing it until that child turns one and who is paying who to get it delayed so many damn times (like the 4th+ request)

I swear celebs don't even get this much leeway

If the judge accepts this I'm sending in a complaint for corruption

Allaboutz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,741 983 532
Alleybux
Nicki is still in denial that her husband was convicted of r***. She thought she could victim blame and downplay the horrible act he committed as a teenager. Her fans love her so much that many of them support him even though they would have so much to say if this was someone elses husband. She has to accept this is the man she married& she can't go back in time to make these charges go away. Her money can't save him from having to register as an offender. If she didn't want to deal with all this mess she could have made a better choice but she chose him. All her lectures all her advice she gave & she didn't follow any of it herself.

Blue Lotus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,878 672 256
Alleybux
What is a trial even for he was already convicted he moved to another state and didn't register he should automatically go back to jail. How does he even get a trial its not like its a new charge he is fighting, I'm very confused. Nicki could have picked any hoodrat gangster I really question why she chose him I think she might be slow

realtalkmusic

<span style="font-family: realtalkmusic;color: Vot
Reaction score
Reactions
161,052 9,001 3,579
Alleybux

Kenneth Petty’s legal team needs more time to build their defense.

As reported on The Jasmine Brand, Nicki Minaj’s husband’s lawyer asked for more time to prepare for trial. It was slated to begin on June 29, but the legal team wants it moved o August 10.

The pushback is because Kenneth has two new lawyers on his team that need to spend more time with the case. They would have to review hundreds of pages of reports and evidence, which would take time.

A judge didn’t rule on the request as of yet. Kenneth has to go to court because he didn’t register as a xes offender when moving from New York to California. He was arrested and later released on a $100K bond. He pleaded not guilty and is facing 10 years if convicted.

Kenneth is required to register as a xes offender due to a xesual assault incident in 1995. The accuser is identified as Jennifer. She alleged when she was 16; she was raped by Petty, who was 15 at the time. Kenneth served four years behind bars as a result.

The Pettys have consistently denied the allegations. In 2019, during an episode of Nicki’s Apple Music radio show, Queen Radio, the “Yikes” rapper said Jennifer allegedly wanted to recant her story in 1995 when she learned she could serve jail time filing a false report. Nicki also alluded that people believed Jennifer over her husband because Jennifer is white. However, Jennifer claims to be biracial, according to The Jasmine Brand.

Earlier this year, Jennifer claimed someone from the Petty’s camp tried to bribe her. Jennifer claims her family, who have a close relationship with The Pettys, turned their backs on her. She said, “I feel like my family was willing to sacrifice me.”

Last edited: