BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
76 1 1
Alleybux
ybyqa8az.jpg

py8e3y3e.jpg
ta7eje4e.jpg

"Bobby Taylor is a ****, so be a STAR very soon!!!" Blurs out of my laptop speakers, I have watched Hollywood Shuffle since I was 10 years old. I knew the whole script that's how many times I have watched it in my youth.
Fast forward 24 years later, I come across the " Am I a **** " Dream sequence when Bobby Taylor ( Played by Robert Towsend), had to make a decision to "Shuck & Jive".. "**** out your eyes".. " Yank on your Penis".., " Stick your behind out", and become a Worldwide Star, or throw all his hard work away & stay a Struggling actor with dignity. As I watched the segment, pictures of bobby " ****in'", and "jivin" with the words "****", & "No Pride" on each placard comes across the screen I tried to convince myself that no sane person of color would literally embarrass themselves acting like this... But lo & behold...Onika Tanya Maraj arrives. Her success is phenomenal, no female rapper seen the success she has seen. Television, Movies, perfume, clothing she has concured in a span of 3 years, but did take the path Bobby decided not to take to achieve these fears?... HELL YEAH!.
Her many facial expressions, her questionable "Chicken wing" chain, the Sarah Baartman behind that god didnt create as well as her saucy attitude is the same exact attitude the WHITE DIRECTOR wanted bobby to portray in the filming of a JIVE movie.
The media loves her, she's a lot of white girl's " ****** doll baby", companies cram to have her endorse their products. Million of records sold, awards, social exceptance, while the likes of nitty Scott & jean Grae ( 2 phenomenal mc's) still trying to climb that mountain without a strong enough harness. My question is what would do?... Go the way bobby went or lose yourself like Ms. Minaj?

Kokutan

Gwyn's Best Knight
Reaction score
Reactions
33,667 737 632
Alleybux
How did Nicki lose herself? Because she found success? Missy and Eve have too are they sellouts?
They make wacky videos and fashion statements as well. Everybody is a real artist until they make it big then suddenly they're fake.

JO.

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
665 25 24
Alleybux
Cliff notes?

I guess it's saying she sold out to be famous or something, doing what white people want her to do. The post had to many censored words and incomplete thoughts which made it hard to understand.

Evelyn Lozada

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
144 1 1
Alleybux
People sure have been getting on Nicki's case lately.I guess 2013 is the year that everyone is getting called out left and right.

BTW, I ain't reading all that censored sh!t. We ain't got time for riddles.

Love84

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
31,983 568 460
Alleybux
What???????????????? I'm not reading this! I don't got time to be reading that!

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,561 494,995 222,879
Alleybux
Riddles? Can you guy's not read English?

OP, I understand. I had the owner of a black tv network trying to get me to **** out at the shoot of a pilot for his network. Honestly, if I was poor I probably would've done it. Instead, I pretend not to understand his direction and remained myself. Needless to say, the pilot never saw the light of day. I'm fine with that bc I would never feel comfortable portraying myself as "Bonquisha" when that's not who I am in real life.

CarthageRose

Let Truth Be Thy Master
Reaction score
Reactions
17,666 252 75
Alleybux
I'm going to have to disagree. She modeled her image after the Harajuku trend and the exaggerated facial expressions seem to point to that. While I don't care for her cement ass, how is it any different from the overstuffed silicone breast look that was popular in the 90's? If anything, her image is that of a xes doll than of a "****." A white woman could easily market herself the exact same way.

Honey_17

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,218 1,898 1,994
Alleybux
I agree with op, artists have to sell out. It's really sad nonetheless, but those who are willing to want the money and fame so kudos to them for doing what they got to do. But to answer your question, no thanks I wouldn't sell out. Their are other ways to make money in this world, the dude that made tumblr just got a hefty check and he didn't have to sell out to do so...

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,385 9,793 5,304
Alleybux
People say "sell out" based on their own expectations of what that artist should represent. Most of the time, what you expect is not the same as what they want.

LOLITAMONROE

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,000 1,194 426
Alleybux
I don't think she is anywhere near a C-word but the old Nicki Minaj was more "c---nish" than this new one.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom