Quantcast

No desire to take care if myself

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,666 494,832 222,827
Alleybux
I'm in my late 20s, and I still struggle so much with this. I haven't combed my hair in months. It's so matted I'm afraid I will have to cut parts of it off. There's no consistency in my self care and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

So many love taking care of themselves, but I hate it. It's just another chore that I get no gratification out of. It's to the point I simply hate existing, because I don't enjoy all the things that people normally see as a normal part of basic care and bettering themselves. I can't even cook anymore. The thought of having to take time do it makes me mad.

I'm at a point where I really don't believe I'm going to change. I can't motivate myself to change. I've tried. I don't see the point anymore. It's too much work for it to have no real effect on my life or how I feel.

Patrick Star

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,805 1,504 1,688
Alleybux
God bless you. I can’t say I know exactly what you are going through. However, I know what it feels to be hopeless.Just know that God has a plan for your life. I pray for your healing, your strength and recovery and that you experience joy and peace.

Last edited:

MelonJuice

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,641 549 238
Alleybux
Go talk to a doctor. What you are experiencing is not normal and is a sign of severe depression. If trying on your own hasn't pulled you out of the fog, medical intervention and therapy can help. You do not have to keep suffering.

Also if you can afford it, I would hire people to so things for you. Buy prepared healthy meals that you only need to heat up and find a stylist who will come to your house with standing appointments to do your hair in a low maintenance style, etc. Take the inconvenience out of the situation and try to automate things as much as you can.

Avalanche21

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,269 654 632
Alleybux
I'm in my mid thirties and I've been where you are.Do yourself a favour and get the help that you need asap.Depression is nothing to play with.Also I have to tell you if you're walking around looking disheveled and unhappy, people will mistreat you.This will make you feel even worse about yourself.It's a very vicious cycle.

You set the tone.So take control of your life.Is there something specific that's causing you to feel this way ?
Remove any negative energy, people... but get help.

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,193 732 243
Alleybux
Don't suffer in silence, Op. Please seek help via your doctor and a therapist to help your depression. Loss of interest in the things you used to do/like and not wanting to take care of yourself are symptoms of depression.

Some resources are: Open Path (30-80 dollars individual therapy), BetterHelp, Talk Space, Taraji P
Henson organization is offering free mental health services and your insurance company.

I think once you identify why you feel this way, get treatment for your depression via medication, therapy, diet changes and other lifestyle changes you may develop a self care routine that you enjoy.

I hope things work out for you.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom