Quantcast

NOLA fonts, Where ya'at?

PutaPorFavor

DA BADDESTTTTTT PUTA
Reaction score
Reactions
58,177 2,102 1,117
Alleybux
I'm HEAVILY considering relocating to New Orleans. It's a great place for my industry, rich in culture, and it's not too far from my mother.

What are great areas that you suggest I live?

What info is imperative that I know?

What's the dating scene like for +27?

Crime? Racism? How bad is it?

Any general advice that you want to share?

teecoilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,451 1,334 664
Alleybux
Don’t do it. I came back in 2019 and I’m
Ready to leave again already :ROFLMAO:

My biggest gripe is career options are limited and the city isn’t progressive so if you’ve been living somewhere that has systems in place to make your life easier just assume that won’t be here.

havananola

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,961 427 26
Alleybux
I don't recommend. Why?: Crime, Dating, Infrastructure, Politics.
New Orleans has been too romanitcized. It's not what you think.

Topangal

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I agree its totally not the same crime rent is much more expensive its much more different after hurricane Katrina not all the way rebuilt

onedayonedream

you can now dream 振りかざし i'm in a world 駆け抜けよう
Reaction score
Reactions
264 28 1
Alleybux
Please don't come here. the crime rate has increased tremendously and it was already high before. nearly everyday innocent people are on the news being killed over a stray bullet or completely stupid reasons like a dirtbike (this happened last week). there are also a lot of carjackings and robberies. the city is beautiful, but you should stick to visiting. while this is where my mother grew up, and where i spent half of my life, i want to leave here as soon as possible. it's not safe for black women at all.

Sabby101101

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,301 86 56
Alleybux
I'm HEAVILY considering relocating to New Orleans. It's a great place for my industry, rich in culture, and it's not too far from my mother.

What are great areas that you suggest I live?

What info is imperative that I know?

What's the dating scene like for +27?

Crime? Racism? How bad is it?

Any general advice that you want to share?

I lived in Nola from 2015-2017

I was in graduate school.

Nola is beautiful and has a rich rich history but like other fonts have said it’s not progressive at all.

I think as far as rent is concerned if you want to live in the actual city you are looking at 1000+ for a one bedroom in a decent area.

There is no place like Nola for sure but often times if you are use to a more progressive place you’ll want out.

But maybe try it for 6 months, get a short term rental and see if you could see yourself there for long term.

Dating sucked! Some pretty men though but I feel like it’s hard for an outsider. Maybe visit Houston on the weekends if your are on the market for a man, but then at that point you’d prob. just move to Houston lol.

PutaPorFavor

DA BADDESTTTTTT PUTA
Reaction score
Reactions
58,177 2,102 1,117
Alleybux
Thank y’all! Lol.

It’s one of the cities on my list for a job. So it isn’t the end all be all.

when y’all say not progressive, is it like behind technology and mobility wise?

Sabby101101

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,301 86 56
Alleybux
Thank y’all! Lol.

It’s one of the cities on my list for a job. So it isn’t the end all be all.

when y’all say not progressive, is it like behind technology and mobility wise?

Yeah I mean if ur gonna just be in Nola for a few years no issue and you can always say you lived in Nola.

Girl non progressive in the sense of the people’s attitudes. Colorism is real there. You’ll def get a taste of the Creole culture that pertains to color and hair texture etc if you get my drift.

I think Nola has standard technology, it’s not a NY but it’s normal. Also not progressive in the sense of being able to grow. In Nola I always felt stuck.

Sexy101

Happy to be Happy
Reaction score
Reactions
1,180 35 4
Alleybux
I’m from Louisiana, and i don’t encourage anyone to move there. Even in the larger cities the schools are a lot further behind than in other states. There is still a ton of racism. Although I do miss the food, that’s about the only thing i miss. Job advancement is low, and opportunities to grow, unless you work in a plant and not just contracted in, are VERY VERY hard to come by. I dont miss it at all. I love to visit but won’t move back.

cstar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,368 137 42
Alleybux
I kid you not EVERY SINGLE person I’ve ever met from Nola, and being from tx I’ve met a few, but every person says they wouldn’t recommend moving there. Like they won’t even suggest a side of town. SMH. Great food though.

KingCake

True Leo mermaid
Reaction score
Reactions
19,678 423 543
Alleybux
It’s an awesome place to visit. One of the best tourist spots in the country. Great hospitality, some of the best food in the world, beautiful Black culture, but it stops at that. To live.... no don’t do it. Low wages, crime, lack of opportunities and jobs, horrible school systems, poverty and corruption... should I keep going on ?