NYC Black Fashionista Drama/Tea?

Reactions
26,973 515 306
Alleybux
Amanda could swear she's saving lives because she's wearing 'pieces' and designer labels. She seems to lack humility and is too grown to be bragging about something of the things she brags about.

When you contrast her against other industry girls who dress well but don't come across as garish (like Ogo Offodile, Lisa Folawiyo, Tamu M), it becomes apparent that she's just now getting access to some of these things but wants to appear as if she's from an elite background.

When she mentions her "Mr. Big" I can't help but to roll my eyes. Once again, she's too grown to be living in la la land.
Does Amanda ever stop name dropping? Every story is about some celebrity or public figure who was enamoured by her or gave her advice. It’s not that it’s impossible it’s just cringe..then she tries to play and act like she’s not infatuated w/ famous ppl.
View attachment 2379130

I find her insufferable and don’t think there’s anything unique or avant- garde about her style. The braggadocios personality sends me over the edge.

fab fire sign
Reactions
16,264 131 41
Alleybux
Amanda could swear she's saving lives because she's wearing 'pieces' and designer labels. She seems to lack humility and is too grown to be bragging about something of the things she brags about.

When you contrast her against other industry girls who dress well but don't come across as garish (like Ogo Offodile, Lisa Folawiyo, Tamu M), it becomes apparent that she's just now getting access to some of these things but wants to appear as if she's from an elite background.

When she mentions her "Mr. Big" I can't help but to roll my eyes. Once again, she's too grown to be living in la la land.

Lol right, and I know *some* of it stems from just being very knowledgeable and passionate about the fashion industry. We don't have many black women in that space except Shelby, she shares the same passion and knowledge but she doesn't seem as pretentious about it like Amanda. Almost feels like she's forcing that elist fashion snob persona but it's 2021, that shit is played out. You can't build a solid brand if you think you're better than people..idc what you know or how many pieces you own.

Reactions
6 1
Alleybux
A looker here who feels compel to say this:Mandy, if you're reading this continue to do you boo. Keep showing us the fashion, given us the looks, drama, fantasy,and sharing your expertise. Like the person up top mentioned there isn't a lot of black women in the luxury fashion influencer sphere and we need black women like you to continue to take up space and shine. And we are seeing the evolution in real time. You're doing great sweetie;)

Last edited:
Downtown's Sweetheart
Reactions
328,658 16,296 2,412
Alleybux
A looker here who feels compel to say this:Mandy, if you're reading this continue to do you boo. Keep showing us the fashion, given us the looks and sharing your expertise. Like the person up top mentioned there isn't a lot of black women in the luxury fashion influencer sphere and we need black women like you to continue to take up space and shine. And we are seeing the evolution in real time. You're doing great sweetie;)

First post? Thanks for lurkin by Mandy!

Lover$$$i
Reactions
89,452 2,341 4,220
Alleybux
First post? Thanks for lurkin by Mandy!

right????

funny how i clocked amanda months ago

I always stand my ground on my opinion cuz I know these archetypes in real life not just social media

Has nothing to do with race

Amanda persona is elite snob cliché circa 2000

thats it

Whats funnier is she has nothing to back it up with

Go on girl, do your show...
Reactions
3,733 57 10
Alleybux
What is going on with the girls? Is NYC dead? I feel like everyone admitted they were broke and struggling and left their jobs to be influencers OUTSIDE of the city. I don’t even know who to follow anymore for cute fits or lifestyle (lunch/brunch inspo). Amanda is on a serious ego trip and I’m super close to unfollowing. I unfollowed all the publishing girls who are so basic it hurts. Did the pandemic usher in the era of sweatpants? Remote working means no office OOTD? Or reason to wear PR gifts and act like you got $$$!!??

Reactions
69,214 853 215
Alleybux
What is going on with the girls? Is NYC dead? I feel like everyone admitted they were broke and struggling and left their jobs to be influencers OUTSIDE of the city. I don’t even know who to follow anymore for cute fits or lifestyle (lunch/brunch inspo). Amanda is on a serious ego trip and I’m super close to unfollowing. I unfollowed all the publishing girls who are so basic it hurts. Did the pandemic usher in the era of sweatpants? Remote working means no office OOTD? Or reason to wear PR gifts and act like you got $$$!!??
I’ve been liking Märjon Carlós, but she’s more like a Carrie Bradshaw type on the writer side rather than the fashion girl side. Her boo is this Yemeni business owner so he be outfitting her Jacquemus from time to time lol.

Burger The Great
Reactions
20,707 409 76
Alleybux

Absolutely

Reactions
8,646 77 22
Alleybux

They'll be back once NYC opens up in June. But it did lowkey expose that a lot of them are basic AF on their own and living in NYC was their whole identity.

Lover$$$i
Reactions
89,452 2,341 4,220
Alleybux
and no one has any comments on the new editor of Teen Vogue?

No comments but anyone who gets any position at TV needs to use it as a stepping stone.

The company is EXHAUSTING and their sjw cancellation tactics won't go well.

I see lawsuits down the line for TV tbh if they continue to go down this route when it comes to employment.

Reactions
Alleybux
Snob or no snob, Mandy is a powerhouse and possesses something black fashion needs. Her voice matters to me. I think she worked at Barneys or an old luxury retailer for a while? Idk I dont clock the girl like that but I'm sure that's shaped her perspective on fashion and how she presents herself. Still, snob or no snob, I think it works for her. I couldn't imagine her dimming what makes her her (read: snobbish) to be fake-humble. If she's in a room full of Zara, and she's in Dries, that's part of what makes her her. I would suspect if a she was in a room full of Dries, she'd probably be in Zara... and still find a way to outshine everybody. When everybody zigs, she looks like the type that zags.

Reactions
69,214 853 215
Alleybux
Snob or no snob, Mandy is a powerhouse and possesses something black fashion needs. Her voice matters to me. I think she worked at Barneys or an old luxury retailer for a while? Idk I dont clock the girl like that but I'm sure that's shaped her perspective on fashion and how she presents herself. Still, snob or no snob, I think it works for her. I couldn't imagine her dimming what makes her her (read: snobbish) to be fake-humble. If she's in a room full of Zara, and she's in Dries, that's part of what makes her her. I would suspect if a she was in a room full of Dries, she'd probably be in Zara... and still find a way to outshine everybody. When everybody zigs, she looks like the type that zags.
Basically.

I think she used to be a stylist at Barney’s and she’s now a stylist at Farfetch. I actually suspect that she might be behind why Farfetch has been partnering with black fashion influencers more recently. I don’t recall seeing too many “This video is in partnership with Farfetch...” with black fashion influencers on YouTube before.

Reactions
16,053 171 110
Alleybux
Basically.

I think she used to be a stylist at Barney’s and she’s now a stylist at Farfetch. I actually suspect that she might be behind why Farfetch has been partnering with black fashion influencers more recently. I don’t recall seeing too many “This video is in partnership with Farfetch...” with black fashion influencers on YouTube before.
Basically.

Farfetch has been trying to broaden their reach, its not because of Mandy. She is freelance now.

Reactions
Alleybux
Basically.

I believe it. Whether or not she was directly involved, I think her and women like her are allowing other black women to be seen and in a sense are validating us to luxury brands. I say protect Mandy; she matters.

Trending Threads

The Culture

Television Alley

General Alley

Recent Posts

Recent interview with Ernest Thomas from What's Happening. Says Martin Lawrence was full of himself
I don't believe this. Ernest was a damn dope fiend during that time. He was significantly older and if you listen to his takes, he sounds jealous...
UPDATE Brittany Byrd addresses JT with some love and light type shade; JT responds again
Did you see the “drag” that JT gave Brittany?! It was horrible, mean spirited and totally unnecessary! She wasn’t even addressing JT. Like I...
Brixana (Briana Monique') Discussion
Although I am younger than most in here I am too mature to call names unless I am provoked. I am not worked up over anything lol lets not forget...
What is Kevin Samuels on? Who listens to this dating "advice"?
As people find actual relationships in their real life, they lose interest in the negativity and drop off. This represents the entire manosphere...
When Black People Watch a Movie and....
I hate it when I can't remember what else an actor played in or try to remember their name. :LOL: I end up Googling it then be like "YEAH! That...
RHOA Tanya has been living her best life since leaving RHOA
I like seeing women who leave RHOA be able just to thrive and not plot and beg to come back!
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
You are as a parent who you are as a person. If becoming a mom changed you for the better that was always inside you whether you knew it or not...
Top Bottom