NYC Black Fashionista Drama/Tea?

Reactions
45,975 2,655 5,310
Alleybux
I agree with this. I used to really like Chrissy Ford’s content when she worked for harpers but she’s so boring now. Like why do I need to watch you get dressed up to sit in your parents house and talk about astrology?

I know she’s talked about how she makes so much more now as an influencer than working in publishing but I wonder if there’s actually long term career growth there. I guess I was excited to see what she was gonna do next when she left and am ultimately disappointed that she had no real plan.
Her life is so stagnant.. and it’s obvious she feels the same way. Like what are her plans??

Reactions
648 32
Alleybux
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but have you all noticed that a lot of black nyc fashion ladies are moving to LA during the pandemic. I’ve seen so many lately

Reactions
648 32
Alleybux
Y’all say this all the time I need y’all to start dropping names lmao. Bc I don’t see them moving to LA
I’ve seen smaller influencers.

Aysha Sow I think her old handle was African melanin just moved there.

this girl Tacha (can’t think of her ig right now)

My fashion break are the ones I can think of off too. I’ve seen a lot of influencers move there though since the pandemic. It’s crazy because I’ve heard and know people who have left LA due to the rising crime and cost of living etc so interested to see how these new content creators thrive there.

Lover$$$i
Reactions
89,450 2,341 4,220
Alleybux
I agree with this. I used to really like Chrissy Ford’s content when she worked for harpers but she’s so boring now. Like why do I need to watch you get dressed up to sit in your parents house and talk about astrology?

I know she’s talked about how she makes so much more now as an influencer than working in publishing but I wonder if there’s actually long term career growth there. I guess I was excited to see what she was gonna do next when she left and am ultimately disappointed that she had no real plan.

I am so disappointed in her. Like she fell off in my eyes.

Blm died down and now she is talking abt zodiac signs. These girls are lame

I have to unstan

Lover$$$i
Reactions
89,450 2,341 4,220
Alleybux
I have yet to see any real nyc fashionistas move to LA

This is the second time a font comes in here n says this. Seems like a font wants us to talk about a certain person cuz no one is moving unless it's a specific person

Lover$$$i
Reactions
89,450 2,341 4,220
Alleybux
The list is out. What do we think ?

The expected names that have been making a buzz n have great rep.

Especially anifa

Her site use to be a mess lol

Now that she is in the spotlight. She gotta step her cookies up.

I am here for the evolution.

Her current collection is a little auntieish for me. She use to design sexier stuff.

Reactions
2,375 16 6
Alleybux
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but have you all noticed that a lot of black nyc fashion ladies are moving to LA during the pandemic. I’ve seen so many lately
Could you please name names. I have not been in this thread in months and I’m trying to play catch up lol. The only influencer I know of that moved to LA recently is Tach.j

Reactions
648 32
Alleybux
Could you please name names. I have not been in this thread in months and I’m trying to play catch up lol. The only influencer I know of that moved to LA recently is Tach.j

Yes I was talking about Tach.j, also MyFashionBreak, AyshaSow, and a few more influencers actors, and stylists I follow.

Reactions
2,375 16 6
Alleybux
Yes I was talking about Tach.j, also MyFashionBreak, AyshaSow, and a few more influencers actors, and stylists I follow.
Tach.j is pretty but I feel like that’s all she has going for her. Her content is rather boring and nothing impressive in my opinion. I didn’t even know she had a YouTube channel until a minute ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if her choice in moving is due to a romantic relationship that blossomed during quarantine, if not, then maybe she plans on getting into acting.

AyshaSow, if I’m not mistaken, I believe she bicoastal and has been that way for a while. I’m not sure.

Never heard of Myfashionbreak, until now.

EDIT: Just finish watching tach.j moving video. I love the apartment, it has soooo much potential . I love that it’s not the typical all white modern apartment that all the influencers have. Also, in the video she said that she was moving from Northern VA. So I don’t think she was a NYC influencer or am I mistaken?

Last edited:
Reactions
1,643 148 65
Alleybux
I was into her for a minute but something started irritating me about her lol.I love all of her pieces though.
Her head is shaped funny to me so I can’t watch her

Attachments

• A546BD8F-34B9-4D72-B6E1-2B1E43D4EEDE.jpeg
    A546BD8F-34B9-4D72-B6E1-2B1E43D4EEDE.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 56
Reactions
1,261 22 6
Alleybux
For me tenickab clothes looks ill fitting. She gets cute color combos together but that isn't new. Her pants are ALWAYS oversized, and yall I KNOW the look she's going for but it's like TOO oversized and too long, imaging spending so much money on really nice clothes just for it to be dragging on these dirty ass NY streets. She needs to wear heels high enough so her pants falls or aligns well with the heel...not the damn ground.

I do think she's cute, I just want her to blend her makeup, stop wearing ashy Concealer and tailor her pants

Reactions
16,053 171 110
Alleybux

She is sooo boring to me now.

Reactions
Alleybux
For me tenickab clothes looks ill fitting. She gets cute color combos together but that isn't new. Her pants are ALWAYS oversized, and yall I KNOW the look she's going for but it's like TOO oversized and too long, imaging spending so much money on really nice clothes just for it to be dragging on these dirty ass NY streets. She needs to wear heels high enough so her pants falls or aligns well with the heel...not the damn ground.

I do think she's cute, I just want her to blend her makeup, stop wearing ashy Concealer and tailor her pants
I thought is was the concealer too. Its her face.

Trending Threads

The Culture

Television Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Buckingham Swirl: The Prince Charles (and Family) Appreciation Thread
To no one's surprise they don't seem to care about contemporary history, the women's liberation movement, female empowerment, identity politics...
What happened to Paula Patton?
I like her as a person and for her strength to walk away from old dude who completely publicly humiliated her, but she was not a good actress.
Vegan couple banned from owning pets after feeding their severely malnourished puppies a...
They love animals so much? Lol. I guess starving and neglecting them is OK. It's just wrong to eat them..
Identical twins earn $24 million in college scholarship offers
HOLY SHIT. I want to know what their parents are like?? How did they raise 2 girls to grow up and earn 24 million dollars in scholarships. These...
New York Who These Chicks Be Vol. 24
Thank you but it’s not her. I think the girl was Latina. I’m gonna try and find her or just try Yelp. Thank you though mynamesbrittany
NYC fifth-grader died after being punched by a fellow classmate who was dared to hit him for $1
Uh the little bastard needs to be punished severely!! Tragic. I think the boy was attacked the day before by a group of kids. There's an...
Is Anyone Else Burnt Out On Black Trauma TV Shows And Movies?
I think the issue is there isn't enough variety. I don't mind shows that cover trauma, they are necessary. There has to be balance though and all...
Top Bottom