Quantcast

NYC Fonts,Is This Truth?: More The 700 People Died On Tuesday.

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,593 18,049 3,371
Alleybux
CORONAVIRUS NEW YORK
Coronavirus Update: Most NY patients are retired or unemployed, survey finds
By Eyewitness News
Updated 2 hours ago
Governor Cuomo announced on Wednesday, hospitalizations and new cases continue to decline, but the death toll is approaching 20,000.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Hospitals in New York state say only 17 percent of recently admitted patients were working, Governor Cuomo announced on Wednesday. Hospitalizations and new cases continue to decline, but the death toll has exceeded 20,000.

Although it was initially reported that 232 people died in the state Tuesday, for a total of 19,877, the death toll was later revised by an increase of more than 700 to 20,597.

With everything shut down, the governor wanted to see where most of the new cases of coronavirus hospitalizations were coming from and it's primarily downstate, New York City and Long Island. 66% of those people were coming from their own homes and Governor Cuomo found that shocking. He said they were mostly over age 51.

Is there a way to confirm these numbers, because I truly don't want to believe that the rate skyrocketed from the 200s on monday. I know most people was in their homes, but are these numbers just added to the dead rate from the pervious weeks or literally 700+ people died on tuesday?

Last edited:

Brucilla

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
261,888 4,359 3,302
Alleybux
People have cabin fever and meeting up with folks with this nice weather.

They feel fine but bring The Rona back to grandma or an essential worker who gives it to Miss Millie down the street.

I can't tell you how many people told me TODAY that their teen is over at a friend's house.

Stormy_Weather

“You Bit**es Ain’t Humble Enough”
Reaction score
Reactions
478,286 8,521 2,296
Alleybux
Usually when Cuomo gives his press conferences, on the screen it specifies that X-amount dies in nursing homes and X-amount died in hospitals—I’m assuming this 700 were people who died in their home. But honestly, it’s confusing af. They’ve been talking like the numbers are down and things were getting better but then this is seeming to say that we’re still in the thick of it

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,305 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
They could be throwing out any random number. They could be telling you anything. How you gonna verify it?

tambourine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,770 559 96
Alleybux
Probably, cause folks who have been on ventilators for weeks now who showed no improvement had to come off of it one way or another. And once you’re intubated, the chances of coming out that ICU are slim to none.

like another font said, I don’t know wtf is going on anymore. I had to sleep with earplugs in this weekend cause my neighbors were having a BBQ and blasting bachata. I’m tired of all of it and I hate that I’ve become so desensitized to the numbers being reported.

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,593 18,049 3,371
Alleybux
Usually when Cuomo gives his press conferences, on the screen it specifies that X-amount dies in nursing homes and X-amount died in hospitals—I’m assuming this 700 were people who died in their home. But honestly, it’s confusing af. They’ve been talking like the numbers are down and things were getting better but then this is seeming to say that we’re still in the thick of it

I feel Cuomo knows sh!t is not getting better, but worse and he don't want to cause panic. That's mindblowing that the death rate trend was going down, but skyrocketed back to the near peak at 700? I was thinking maybe those people die a few weeks ago and they just added them to the overall dead toll, but the article said 66% of those people were COMING home there homes.

I'm going to find another article with more details.

tambourine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,770 559 96
Alleybux
66% of those people were coming from their own homes and Governor Cuomo found that shocking. He said they were mostly over age 51.

this is what I’m conflicted over. Mind you I have a 60-some year old father who would most likely die from corona given his preexisting condition so I don’t take none of this lightly, but if you aren’t safe even at home than why all the outrage over folks laying on the lawn in a park?

MellaRueraux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,752 4,388 3,375
Alleybux
People have cabin fever and meeting up with folks with this nice weather.

They feel fine but bring The Rona back to grandma or an essential worker who gives it to Miss Millie down the street.

I can't tell you how many people told me TODAY that their teen is over at a friend's house.
right... this aint over at all

antifragile

Consigliere
Reaction score
Reactions
15,279 115 67
Alleybux
The number of people dying in nursing homes throws the numbers. They are also slow to publish numbers on people dying in those homes. When they report numbers they just talk about totals, not the actual breakdown, which is what you wanna know if you wanna be able to interpret things correctly.

Cuomo made a big mistake earlier by having hospitals discharge out sick old people back to nursing homes. He basically sealed old people’s fate with that. They should’ve isolated them, not sent them back.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,809 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
A jump like that suggests they have new data from deaths in the past that they are now categorizing as COVID deaths, not that all of these new people died in one single day. It happened before, our numbers raised from 7k to over 10,000 in the beginning of April for that same reason.

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,358 12,234 7,482
Alleybux
I feel Cuomo knows sh!t is not getting better, but worse and he don't want to cause panic. That's mindblowing that the death rate trend was going down, but skyrocketed back to the near peak at 700? I was thinking maybe those people die a few weeks ago and they just added them to the overall dead toll, but the article said 66% of those people were COMING home there homes.

Because people in NYC do not care! sadly.

I still hear people hanging outside when the weather is nice! A lot of are going die ,and they forget a second wave is coming in the fall.

There is going to be a lot job opportunities 2022, so many forget virus mutate. I am praying for my family, friends, and half of LSA to stay safe.

Tania2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,795 13 111
Alleybux
I sounded the alarm awhile back about New Yorkers being sent back to crowded apartments after having been tested positive for COVId19. Cuomo shut down over 100,000 hotel rooms. Why he did that s a mystery. But I remember hearing Chris Cuomo say he had to quarantine in his basement since all hotels are closed. That prompted me to look and up. WTF was Cuomo thinking? This from April 19th.
New York City’s crowded apartments pose particular threat when it comes to coronavirus

By CARLA ROMAN and MICHAEL GARTLAND
|

This was the fuel the virus needed to spread at such a dizzying speed throughout the city and the surrounding suburbs

When Sanchez’s brother-in-law became the first confirmed coronavirus case in her packed two-bedroom Washington Heights apartment, their lives changed immediately and dramatically.
In New York City, where many living situations are multi-generational and translate into a crowded home, many renters are struggling with how to quarantine and keep family members safe in conditions that are not conducive to either.
Sanchez’s situation is especially extreme because her sister’s family of four is staying with her, her husband, their three children, an aunt and a niece.
Her brother-in-law Santiago Gomez fell ill and later tested positive for COVID-19. His family could not return home because of new travel restrictions.
He’s now in the hospital, and the family remains packed in Sanchez’s apartment struggling to enforce a quarantine on themselves with little success.
Soon, Sanchez got sick. Then her nephew. And her aunt. And her son.
Two people sleep to a bed. The men are packed into the living room and sleep either on a futon or an inflatable bed.

[Living arrangements like this, common for many New Yorkers, are why Mayor de Blasio announced Thursday that the city would be readying 11,000 hotel rooms for people living in packed ]apartments to have a better chance of effectively quarantining.

Elected officials like Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez (D-Washington Heights) said the city needs to do much more if it wants to effectively slow the spread of the virus.

There are 100,000 empty rooms in the hotels,” Rodriguez said. “The governor and the mayor have to understand that to do self quarantine in our city is the privilege of the wealthy, which we also have to provide to the poorest New Yorkers.”

Dr. Ramon Tallaj, chairman of SOMOS Community Care, a healthcare provider, told The News he pleaded with de Blasio for a month to address the issue. “We were fighting, asking, working, pushing,” he said.
The requests took weeks to gain traction. Tallaj said when he was finally able to broach the subject with de Blasio’s deputy mayor for health, Dr. Raul Perea-Henze, he was told that enacting such a plan would make people nervous.
Tallaj suggested that based on current rates of infection, considerably more beds will be needed to safely quarantine people and more antibody tests are necessary to safely send people back to work.In an April 9 letter sent to Gov. and Mayor de Blasio, Rodriguez suggested the city could use Madison Square Garden, the Barclays Center and the Armory in Washington Heights to help quarantine people.

When his mother and father started to show symptoms of coronavirus in their packed four bedroom Washington Heights apartment[ , it wasn’t long until almost everyone else living with Pena — eight people in all — began to come down with the fearsome malady.

After his parents got sick, Pena’s sister, his two uncles and his uncle’s wife started to display symptoms. The only ones spared were Pena and his little cousin.“That was the luckiest thing,” Pena remarked. “I didn’t show any symptoms. I was fine. Probably I was a carrier.”

[
Democrats like New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's Bubble is Starting to Burst[ over the years, overseeing hospital closures and mergers, cutting safety-net services like Medicaid, and bulldozing the way for developers. These actions severely weakened the healthcare system in New York, made people afraid to seek care and raised the cost of living, forcing working-class and poor people to live in ever more cramped and crowded homes and [

]This was the fuel the virus needed to spread at such a dizzying speed throughout the city and the surrounding suburbs

Last edited:

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,593 18,049 3,371
Alleybux
Because people in NYC do not care! sadly.

I still hear people hanging outside when the weather is nice! A lot of are going die ,and they forget a second wave is coming in the fall.

There is going to be a lot job opportunities 2022, so many forget virus mutate. I am praying for my family, friends, and half of LSA to stay safe.

and they the second wave is gonna be even more brutal smh

you stay safe out here!

Last edited:

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,358 12,234 7,482
Alleybux
and they the second second is gonna be even more brutal smh

you stay safe out here!
Thank you! It is getting worse, where is the cure or vaccine? I would feel okay they existed, but everything is being worked on...…….

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,593 18,049 3,371
Alleybux
Thank you! It is getting worse, where is the cure or vaccine? I would feel okay they existed, but everything is being worked on...…….

There no cure smh, like I said before, I'm staying my ass in the house this summer

OnlyHere4TheMess

North West is the real MVP!
Reaction score
Reactions
13,936 362 130
Alleybux
Because *SOME* people in NYC do not care! sadly.

Fixed that for you. My ass has been quarantining for months now. And them other motherfuckers are getting on my nerves. e8

Reaction score
Reactions
61,985 2,707 1,953
Alleybux
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people are not quarantining correctly. Quarantining, or sheltering in place does not mean just not going to hang out at stores and parks. It also means to not have company come over. You should not be having a birthday party with 6 of your friends, or doing that stupid sh!t that celebrities are doing where people drive up to your house (e.g. Cedric the Entertainer).

You don't get to visit your friends, or family members, hang out for a little while, and then go back home. That's not how it's supposed to work.

JuniperHoney

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,684 436 83
Alleybux
Who knows what to believe. Everyone's saying that the numbers are all over the place, but we can't verify anything so who really knows. Some reporters are fact checking and bringing up the discrepancies, but those in power are just shrugging it off to keep it moving. They're definitely gonna fudge the numbers to go with whatever agenda they have. That's why I stopped looking at the numbers a long time ago. It is what it is. If they want to open, they're gonna open and make it seem like it's ok to do so. States can't keep up with the unemployment demand and businesses are begging to open because people are starving, so they are going to give the go ahead to open. Now they're seeing that people still aren't really going to these opened establishments, so they have to try to reassure everyone that even though it still looks bad, it's just a bad we're gonna have to deal with because this virus isn't gonna just go away. Yeah these businesses are open, so that takes some of pressure off the local governments so people can stop their bµllsh!t rallies, but despite what you see, a large majority of consumers are not stupid and are still staying home and ordering online.

Shop N Choo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,314 1,554 560
Alleybux

The death rate wasn't going down that significantly compared to the infection rate which was still going up. It makes sense that there was a skyrocket if you looked at his trends from the press conferences especially looking at the infections.

selexxa

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,872 27 7
Alleybux
most hospitals have been and are UNDER reporting deaths. it's finally out in several newspapers in the tri-state area. i knew this info and kept posting it on here (But deleting shortly after) from family and friends in NYC and NJ who work at hospitals from front lines to admin. one giant hospital network sent out company wide emails to misreport deaths in march.

we simply aren't ready. i hope everyone stays safe and keeps wearing masks outdoors.

Anonymoussss

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
239 2
Alleybux
This all feels like a nightmare. Nobody in NYC cares, I estimate the death tolls going up sadly because of the warmer weather. People think this is a joke, that this is not real. A adult in my class online said he believes it’s being “exaggerated”. Nobody thinks it’s real because it hasn’t happened to them yet, what irritates me about that is that they’re not thinking rationally. The news is putting out different stories about this virus everyday, the symptoms are constantly changing, the people who get affected are constantly changing.. no one knows what the hell is going on. As much as they try to put up this front that they have this virus on lock, they don’t. I do believe higher ups know what’s happening, but the inconsistent news being put out should make you want to stay at home regardless. I feel no sympathy for these people, they’re going to end up applying martial law to NYC because of how fµck!ng stupid everyone is.

Tania2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,795 13 111
Alleybux
Mystery is some states have very low numbers. Alaska 9 deaths,Wyoming 6 deaths and they had no lockdown. North and South Dakota combined 60. Utah 58. The tri State area(NY,NJ and Conn) have almost half the death rate of the entire United STATES.

There needs to be a deep investigation of why that area is so infested with deaths. While majority states have less than 1,000 dead. California is probably the size of the Tri States combined and even with HUGE HOMELESSNESS has only about 7% of what Tri-State is reporting.

Something is seriously off here.,

Tania2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,795 13 111
Alleybux
Mystery is some states have very low numbers. Alaska 9 deaths,Wyoming 6 deaths and they had no lockdown. North and South Dakota combined 60. Utah 58. The tri State area(NY,NJ and Conn) have almost half the death rate of the entire United STATES.

There needs to be a deep investigation of why that area is so infested with deaths. While majority states have less than 1,000 dead. California is probably the size of the Tri States combined and even with HUGE HOMELESSNESS has only about 7% of what Tri-State is reporting.

Something is seriously off here.,
most hospitals have been and are UNDER reporting deaths. it's finally out in several newspapers in the tri-state area. i knew this info and kept posting it on here (But deleting shortly after) from family and friends in NYC and NJ who work at hospitals from front lines to admin. one giant hospital network sent out company wide emails to misreport deaths in march.

we simply aren't ready. i hope everyone stays safe and keeps wearing masks outdoors.

And noone thinks it's strange the tri-state area constitutes half of all COVID deaths for the whole USA? Most states have under 1,000 deaths. Couple of states that didn't have early shutdown or Wyoming no shut down at all had 6 deaths. Tri state needs to be investigated. Something is very wrong here.

ohlongjohnson

Goro Majima's Sidepiece
Reaction score
Reactions
24,592 582 203
Alleybux
at this point, i'd like to know how many have actually been released from the hospital/recovered. like they only keep talking about current cases + death toll. I get wanting people to take caution but this thing would be easier to tackle if they focused a bit more on getting the recovered count.

ohlongjohnson

Goro Majima's Sidepiece
Reaction score
Reactions
24,592 582 203
Alleybux
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people are not quarantining correctly. Quarantining, or sheltering in place does not mean just not going to hang out at stores and parks. It also means to not have company come over. You should not be having a birthday party with 6 of your friends, or doing that stupid sh!t that celebrities are doing where people drive up to your house (e.g. Cedric the Entertainer).

You don't get to visit your friends, or family members, hang out for a little while, and then go back home. That's not how it's supposed to work.
this. my grandparents stay in their house and we deliver their groceries with gloves on then leave. food also gets wiped down and washed before putting the stuff in reusable bags we have.