NYC FONTS.... The city is FULLY OPENING on May 19th? Thoughts?

General Manager
Reactions
5,376 224 134
Alleybux
Preach sis. Open it up.

Phew, I thought for a sec you might be one of those people who was pro giving the vaccinated more privileges and “punishing” those who were unvaccinated. Then I read the rest of the first post and wasn’t sure, hence my sweet shade that you caught. ;)

i took the vaccine but knew that I didn’t want the rna ones (so I ended up trading the gene therapy part for blood clots, lol). There’s no reason for people under 70 who aren’t obese to take the shot.

I’m not religious but God/nature has crafted a superior alternative to deal with coronaviruses: the immune system.

i don’t think it would get to the point of any level of govt forcing the vaccine on people. That’s where propaganda and other incentivizing tactics from them and private industry come in. Chile, if I’d seen that John legend Walmart commercial or the NYC ads telling people vaccines are safe and “we all have to do our part,” I wouldn’t gotten the vaccine because that set off alarms. Instead, I wasn’t receiving any ads in TX and was motivated by being able to travel internationally ASAP (now I’m at the point where I don’t want to support countries that discriminate against unvaccinated.)

I wish there was a campaign to tell people about all the collateral damage of the lockdowns in NYC. The nursing homes and crackheads are just the beginning. My family member got a delayed diagnosis bc of the restrictions and ginned up fear
Well, I'm not religious. Was raised Christian, but I'm Spiritual.

God, Nature, Allah, whatever anyone wants to call IT, we all attempt to refer to THAT WHICH IS, and IT IS regardless of who believes or not.

Not here to sway you because you don't sound like an atheist.

You seem to allude to knowing there is something greater than ourselves, FAR GREATER.

And the immune system given us is a gazillion years developed, tried and true.

If it's anybody's time to go, you going. No rocks to hide under.

Hiding from Rona will change nothing.

It's time to run into this battle with everything we got. Open it ALL up.

And no worries on the vax stuff. Time will tell all.

And may our CREATOR favorably be with you and yours.

Last edited:
Summertime
Reactions
59,126 537 484
Alleybux
I will continue to wear my mask and get the booster shot whenever I'm supposed to get it. Even though life goes on, I don't think I will ever travel maskless again.

Not Quilty!
Reactions
127,405 2,466 351
Alleybux
That’s so not gonna work. And what if you’re going as a group and some people aren’t vaxx’d? Will you all have to sit in the unvaccinated section? This can become really complicated.
I believe the news said that those people would have to sit in the unvaxxed section.
I wish there was a campaign to tell people about all the collateral damage of the lockdowns in NYC. The nursing homes and crackheads are just the beginning. My family member got a delayed diagnosis bc of the restrictions and ginned up fear
1. The governor's PAUSE order wasn't as restrictive as what was done in Italy.
2. The nursing home scandal that the governor is facing now has less to do with the PAUSE order and more the do with the following:
Beginning last spring, Mr. Cuomo was criticized over a state requirement that forced nursing homes to take back residents who had been hospitalized with Covid-19 once they recovered. Critics said the policy had increased the number of virus-related deaths among nursing home residents.

and
In January, New York’s attorney general said the administration had undercounted nursing home deaths by several thousand. Mr. Cuomo later acknowledged as much, blaming the lower figure on fears that the Trump administration would use the data as a political weapon.
source: What We Know About Cuomo’s Nursing Home Scandal

3. "My family member got a delayed diagnosis bc of the restrictions and ginned up fear" -While that was unfortunate, don't forget that at the worst of the pandemic, the health care system was stretched to the brink. The priority was treating COVID patients, period. COVID testing for the general population wasn't widespread until months later. Now there are protocols in place to mitigate the risks when going in for preventative care. (For example, my dentist changed office locations. Instead of seeing patients in a cubicle-like area, patients are seen in private rooms with air filtration systems. That is reassuring since one obviously has to remove one's mask for an extended period of time in order to receive any dental treatments.)

Interesting...
Reactions
44,326 1,592 213
Alleybux
I will continue to wear my mask and get the booster shot whenever I'm supposed to get it. Even though life goes on, I don't think I will ever travel maskless again.
Life definitely has to go on. I feel like some fonts expect everyone to stay in their house for the next 5 years. Get vaccinated, wear your mask, and you should go on.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

I break out in hives when people call Skai Jackson "dark skin"
Fonts on lsa are blind and colorist. Most bw are in her shade range (a.k.a she is average). For me DS starts at Lupita and goes darker. Having...
Mary Harvee (Steve Harvee's ex) interview 2021
I’m not sure if you’re familiar with Brandi’s story (Steve’s biological daughter), but a few years ago she talked about how she went bankrupt. A...
So W.E.B DuBois was an F-boy....
"If you don't send me a pic, I'm going to block you," that's basically what he said in 2021 language. How pathetic. If forget that it was 1925 and...
This is the kitchen and bathroom of a $1550 apartment in brooklyn
If it wasn't for the placement of the fridge, I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat. Finding a place with a good kitchen layout is tough. PLG is nice...
Miami Tea Ch 4 2021
Who is the ***** cuz I do b peepin niecy post Mondy, beenhadkicks23
A Million Little Things Season 3 Watch Thread - Thursdays @ 10PM on ABC
Was I the only one that chuckled watching Delilah cry in the end. I know the whole Eddie and Katherine thing is resolved but you can fake drug...
The View America Ferrera Felt "Extreme Disappointment" Hearing VP Harris’ Message to Migrants | The View
Are Hispanics racist? because I haven’t seen any of them showing concern for us …. And it’s sad because I feel both our ethnicities can help and...
Naked Brooklyn mom tosses newborn, 2-year-old out window before jumping herself
The lack of grace and empathic words for this new mother is shocking. but protect black women right?? She not only threw her babies out of the...
Top Bottom