BIGBAC

the biggest bac
Reaction score
Reactions
25,114 918 816
Alleybux
Yu

Yup!

I'm a landlord in NYC, and I'll just refuse to rent to undesirables. No single men. I'll get Bill Cosby 'pound cake; level before leasing to felons. Housing discrimination and intentional vacancies is going to go up. Hell, its happening now. Most of my tenants are black women. With one elder black couple.

I follow a NY Landlord group, and many landlords either did not vote, or voted Republican this last election to send a message to Democrats in NY to shape up. They clearly didn't catch the hint. Zeldin had a close margin, and Democrats lost 5 seats. They sh*t on the working people, to prop up the rich an poor. How does this benefit the public at large? Was there not a case this year in NY about a person who was let free after being in jail for 20+ years for murder. This person was renting an apartment, and dismembered another person, and stuff them in a suitcase. Neighbors shook and traumatized.

They just will make renting while black so difficult, if this passes. Pro-cop Adams supporting this because he needs violence to win elections. Owners and landlords are going to put their foot down, and keep the vacancies going. They may have removed financial incentives with vacancies, but economically strong owners will continue to holdout.
Yikes

1soluvly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,994 1,503 1,152
Alleybux
The xes offender part is scary as hell

So all the xes offenders that can’t get housing in their state can come right up here live next to schools and daycares.

This piss me off so much because this city does everything accept help working law abiding citizens.
They aren't allowed to just move anywhere, unless they go on the run.

They have to request to transfer and when they transfer they get a new officer to report to.

I had the misfortune of working down the hall from the department in our county that registered xes offenders. He usually had them come before everyone else on the floor started but a couple times they came in when we were working or they were actually our clients...he hated them and always found a reason to beat the crap out of them literally.

KissMeHerione

Himeko Elizabeth
Reaction score
Reactions
97,126 2,370 701
Alleybux
People need to escape that city en masse.
That's what they're hoping for. Felons probably can't afford luxury highrises or brownstones so the residents there are safe. The felons will be living near vulnerable populations who will either be harmed or forced to leave out of fear. Very sad how crafty they are getting to push the lower and middle classes out of the city.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,320 11,265 1,506
Alleybux
If not you someone you know. It's a sista and majority production. The only I'm sorry about is my profit being hurt by these idiots who voted for the reform. I don't care about your personal feelings.
This is maybe the 4th time now you’ve quoted me to basically ramble. Nothing you’ve ever said to me makes sense or is on track with the current conversation.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
Most complexes don’t even do background checks..who’s to say you aren’t living next to one now. If you’ve never paid a rent application fee chances are they dont run background checks. As long as you make 3x the rent and have a decent credit score you can pretty much live anywhere sadly.

And I’m speaking for NY, not sure about other states.

This. IDK why this is even trending ... nobody does background checks in NYC. They do credit checks. They don't give a damn if you are a murder and rapist, but you can't be a rapist with bad credit.

Queen Lili

The One To Destroy It All
Reaction score
Reactions
100,598 4,813 2,396
Alleybux
They going to do this in every dem citi and state

In broward there is city called Pembroke park and there’s no police there anymore

Then Illinois police doesn’t need to get offenders anymore too

There’s a reason why they created the purge sequel because that’s what they trying to do

LSA if this isn't a better time to get close to Ahayah I dont know what is. These satanists are trying to cause you all tribulations, while they sit protected with armed people.
Forgive me for saying this but isn't this what happened to the projects in Chicago and other major cities? They all started out nice then turned into hell on earth because of the number of criminals they allowed to move in. From simple crimes to major ones.
Yep, and along with drugs in the projects, it all went to hell.
The city of Chicago wanted the land and tore down the projects. Only keeping a few good folks, and the rest were sent to suburbs or outside the city line. Now many of the suburban folks who wanted to be closer to the city, are living there. While the black folks in those suburbs are going through what the poster above-mentioned. Also, they're cutting a lot of suburban buses that would get people to the city at a certain time.

Pinky111

just a midwest queen
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
41,953 3,887 943
Alleybux
I've stated this on here before, my employer stopped doing background checks. Some of the men who work here are not the kind a woman should ever give the time of day. It's no surprise if complexes stopped doing them as well no matter what state you live in.
That’s crazy! How are you not going to do a bg check at a job? At a warehouse in Columbus they didn’t do a bg check and this Haitian man was not a legal citizen and he shot and killed a female coworker in the locker room area

purplecandyxberry8949

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,904 1,231 350
Alleybux
And watch NYC citizens vote the same people in office next year that continue to endanger them, and rob them of the right to live safely as a law abiding citizen. This is what happens when you believe in feelings over facts. You may feel that Democrats have your best interest at heart, but the fact is these politicians in blue states do not care about public safety and are doing everything in their power to allow criminals to roam free and do what they want.

However, when you shout defund the police, ask for prison reform, bail reform, to end stop and frisk, and advocate for gun control, you are setting yourself up to be at the mercy of criminals who could care less about all your SJWing. They are not law abiding citizens and don't play by the same rules you do.

I agree that police should not be able to abuse their authority, and all citizens should have fair and just prosecution. However, if you ask politicians to take away the practices that have been put in place for public safety, you are essentially saying you don't need their protection and at that point you're on your own, which leads to crazy laws like this.

Last edited:

narrowlegend

Princess Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
21,173 768 169
Alleybux
what is the obsession with ex-convicts and their rights all of a sudden? it’s gotta be some money somewhere but i can’t figure it out.

Lapislazulee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,340 6,074 3,959
Alleybux
whooooo is most criminalized in America, fµck New York…this is a bill to help Black folks who have been targeted by the cjs - can we please for one minute think about how this law will open up opportunities to folks who need them.
Black people are targeted and discriminated against in housing even without records.

It’s a sick and ugly world.

thefuture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,761 4,039 2,522
Alleybux
Hmmm. I’m guessing the only way to combat this is the smart cities that they plan on implementing in the future. Total surveillance. That’s why they’re releasing more criminals. I can see them offering up free housing for all. The criminals, the homeless, disabled, etc. With the way the future is going most of won’t leave our homes too much. The home will be our prison.

sincere2

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,499 1,884 854
Alleybux
This is scary.. just spoke with relatives in NY and they're moving. Are they trying to get rid of some people? Because this will clear out many citizens.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
So is this going to apply to NYCHA housing as well? They should start there.

Also I hope there is at least a provision for small landlords or landlords who live in the building/homes. Imagine someone who was convicted of murder owing you rent, you go to evict them and still have to see them everyday?

Actually NYCHA is the one place they actually do background checks. When people get out of prison and try to get their felon kid, bf, etc on the else they are always denied. NYCHA does not allow felons, but they just wind up living there without being on the lease. It's the only place where you can be evicted after the leaseholder dies if you are not on the lease even if you lived there for 45 years.

Notgone27

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
191,666 7,388 7,367
Alleybux
This. IDK why this is even trending ... nobody does background checks in NYC. They do credit checks. They don't give a damn if you are a murder and rapist, but you can't be a rapist with bad credit.

They are trying to ban credit checks as well.

Background checks are more expensive but it’s done sometimes. If they didn’t do background checks the law wouldn’t exist, they are literally trying to wipe that option.

Read this article with how deep the rabbit hole wants to go.

Hochul will propose legislation to prevent owners from automatically rejecting prospective tenants because of a conviction or low credit score. Instead, landlords would have to assess the crime a tenant committed and their history of recidivism or lack thereof

Last edited:

Lurkerjoele

LSA armchair psychology department head
Reaction score
Reactions
8,363 327 92
Alleybux
I’ve said it once on here and I’ll say it again. NYC taking aaaaalllll the L’s this year. Going thru it. Yuh smell bad. Rent too high. Got criminals living next to you. Damn.
They do absolutely nothing but think of brand new ways to make the city more unlivable and dangerous.
It’s by design. To create such an unsafe environment only two things can happen
1. All the black people leave (and others too)
2. Setting up the stage for the real Batman to show up.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
They are trying to ban credit checks as well.

Background checks are more expensive but it’s done sometimes. If they didn’t do background checks the law wouldn’t exist, they are literally trying to wipe that option.

It's very rarely done. NYCHA only does it. They can only charge $20 for credit check ... you think these landlords are paying out of pocket for a background check ... most people don't even got heat right now and I'm not talking about people in rent controlled and rent stabilized units. They want to make it a law because it is a nice way to make people feel like the people in office are doing something to help people when they really aren't. If something is rarely done by private landlords, making a law on it effects nobody.

The only place I was going to get a background check was in another state and they nixed it when I said I worked for the feds at the time. They basically said the feds did a check and credit, so good enough for me.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
Key points:

“The bill doesn’t affect New York City Housing Authority complexes, as they would still be required to conduct background checks for prospective tenants since they’re guided by federal law.”

“It also doesn’t apply to two-family homes or homeowners renting out single rooms.”

“The legislation also doesn’t prohibit landlords from checking New York’s xes offender registry to weed out pervs as prospective tenants.”

I figured NYCHA was the only ones doing it on a day to day.

Ain't nobody checking xes offender registry either. If you looked in your area you will see how many live incredibly close to you ... they stay with a home. NYC landlords want to do no work so even if it was free, they ain't doing it. I don't even think they always do credit checks. Whomever offers the most money upfront gets it.

Lapislazulee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,340 6,074 3,959
Alleybux
Are people who did time not supposed to find housing? I’m confused.
I think their should definitely be housing designed for people with records. Maybe give landlords Incentives and grants. Strict rules at these places as well. Make them nice as well. But only for felonies or multiples charges not one off misdemeanors from years ago.

Notgone27

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
191,666 7,388 7,367
Alleybux
It's very rarely done. NYCHA only does it. They can only charge $20 for credit check ... you think these landlords are paying out of pocket for a background check ... most people don't even got heat right now and I'm not talking about people in rent controlled and rent stabilized units. They want to make it a law because it is a nice way to make people feel like the people in office are doing something to help people when they really aren't. If something is rarely done by private landlords, making a law on it effects nobody.

The only place I was going to get a background check was in another state and they nixed it when I said I worked for the feds at the time. They basically said the feds did a check and credit, so good enough for me.
That $20 fee just became law in 2019 from the rent stabilized law they passed. Coincidently after that landlords got even more strict on rental qualifications.
NYC is on a race to the bottom period, from education to business to housing. This is why the middle class families are fleeing. Only thing gonna be left are useless transplants and the poor stuck living around criminals and deteriorating quality of life.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
My NYC peeps, I'm going to pray for you all who lives in apartments. In January, Gov. Murphy did the same thing in NJ. So its up to the landlord if he wants to rent out any convicts an apartment. Right now I live in a complex and all l here is shootings. Then when I go to see about crime in the area, I saw that someone was arrest on weapons charges. SMH, I'm leaving this state beginning of the year.

Was it safe before January because I highly doubt most landlords even outside of NYC do background checks. I can see very small landlords that live in the building otherwise no.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,517 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
That $20 fee just became law in 2019 from the rent stabilized law they passed. Coincidently after that landlords got even more strict on rental qualifications.
NYC is on a race to the bottom period, from education to business to housing. This is why the middle class families are fleeing. Only thing gonna be left are useless transplants and the poor stuck living around criminals and deteriorating quality of life.

I disagree about NYC being on a race to the bottom but I guess.

Notgone27

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
191,666 7,388 7,367
Alleybux
I figured NYCHA was the only ones doing it on a day to day.

Ain't nobody checking xes offender registry either. If you looked in your area you will see how many live incredibly close to you ... they stay with a home. NYC landlords want to do no work so even if it was free, they ain't doing it. I don't even think they always do credit checks. Whomever offers the most money upfront gets it.

They do lol

It’s a reason why a scammer in New York who these chicks be thread named toya. Had to steal identities to rent out luxury apartments for gang members

MadameCassie

Michael 4 ever
Reaction score
Reactions
363,400 59,629 886
Alleybux
Key points:

“The bill doesn’t affect New York City Housing Authority complexes, as they would still be required to conduct background checks for prospective tenants since they’re guided by federal law.”

“It also doesn’t apply to two-family homes or homeowners renting out single rooms.”

“The legislation also doesn’t prohibit landlords from checking New York’s xes offender registry to weed out pervs as prospective tenants.”
Good to know at the very least!

Edit: Still the bill Ned’s to be scrapped.

Last edited:

sassygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,076 788 2,078
Alleybux
That's what new york voted for....idiots will keep voting for democrats.

My thing is , these politicians will never allow this if they were.common people. They are not effected by this so they don't care. From criminals smearing poop in people's face, pushing people into trIn trucks and now this, protecting said people to live next door to innocent elders anD children, it's sick

Notgone27

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
191,666 7,388 7,367
Alleybux
I disagree about NYC being on a race to the bottom but I guess.
Not a race to the bottom? They can’t even get legalized weed right. NYC is literally the definition of the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Families are leaving both private and public schools. The new admissions process that focused on “racial equity” over grades left sour taste on many people. The new chancellor had to rollback these changes because the proof is in the pudding how much it pissed off everyone.

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
399,963 5,387 939
Alleybux
Now this is the check they NEED to be doing. Wth..? :LOL:

How about checking people's 401k's and tax returns in the application process but allowing possible murderers in the building?

Chi...the societal decay continues lol

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,027 2,251 628
Alleybux
I still think about the lady who was in an elevator with a rapist who just got out of prison. He literally, calmly, pulled out his knife and then raped her.

Like, is this city okay? Why are they catering to criminals? Between that and the rats, you couldn't PAY me to live there.

RebelKittzens

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,250 157 76
Alleybux
Thanks to these sjw anti-police pro-convict activists who scream injustice at everyone except those who commit crimes and endanger the lives of others

Let me guess, you were for racial profiling? The law that’s being passed is because they weren’t check white tenants backgrounds. The data base was full of POC with no criminal background.

Keylime88

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,924 813 757
Alleybux
After Washington D.C., NYC is kind of like the capital of America and is supposedly the capital of the world.

Hearing stories like this makes me wonder if conspiracy theorists were right when they said there is a plot to destroy America from within by those in power. And what better place to start than the very city that is supposed to act as the global face of the U.S.?

Notgone27

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
191,666 7,388 7,367
Alleybux
That's what new york voted for....idiots will keep voting for democrats.

My thing is , these politicians will never allow this if they were.common people. They are not effected by this so they don't care. From criminals smearing poop in people's face, pushing people into trIn trucks and now this, protecting said people to live next door to innocent elders anD children, it's sick
Nyc has significantly low voter turn out. Like less than 30% of people vote and they are determining our Lives.

And black ppl just vote dem when half these politicians are never challenged by someone with a brain. Same ppl just get voted in over and over again. Now the transplants that just pack up and leave after their nyc experience, vote and they love grandstanding moral causes aka the progressive left pushing all these “equity” bills.

The non profit grift is also a huge money maker. So many in the pocket organizations and friends getting rich off social issues that never get solved (homeless is given billions a year).

Adams is just guaranteeing himself another term. He knows it’s gonna get worse, a recession is coming, crime go up. He gonna be shady lining his pockets for another 7 years. He just gave his friend another 240k government job.