Quantcast

NYC Public Schools are falling apart due to COVID according to this High Schooler

LGTTMB

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
256,546 10,882 1,431
Alleybux
Your proof? Many teachers use Kami to see the student work in real time to eliminate foolish comments like this. Others use Google classroom with assignments that require a written response so that multiple choice isn't the only way to check for understanding.
Now you GTFO!
If sis had parents that had did their part and made her pay attention in school she’d know the difference between a friend/family member casually describing their workday vs the intimate details of what the workday actually entails

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,548 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
If sis had parents that had did their part and made her pay attention in school she’d know the difference between a friend/family member casually describing their workday vs the intimate details of what the workday actually entails
Exactly! And when we point out those details, the best they can do is curse and ignore the facts...I remember when people in retail would complain about customers---I believed it then but hearing the stories and witnessing what goes on is why I would never generalize anyone's job...

HipsDontLie

Just here for the mess
Reaction score
Reactions
101,844 6,880 8,130
Alleybux
What part of the new variant being more contagious and resistant to the vaccine have you missed? Don't turn this discussion about our youth's future into mess about unvaxxed vs. vaxxed people.
Lord, ya'll say this about EVERY damn variant. Anyways the DOE should reconsider hiring the unvaxxed teachers they fired . Clearly, the vaccine ain't working like they lied and said it was gonna!

Diggin da Shamy

I am enough.
Reaction score
Reactions
210,120 4,772 3,321
Alleybux
It gets more ridiculous. It's something like six inches of snow this morning. It would be very easy to call a snow day and go remote, just to tap the breaks on this thing for an extended weekend. But, nope. All NYC public schools are in person today.

Weird that schools were open today ... they normally would close.

CurlyBell

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,556 5,034 2,143
Alleybux
Attending school in NYC isn't an easy feat period but I feel for these youngins' doing this during a pandemic. Sounds like this kid goes to Bronx Sci or maybe Brooklyn tech. If this is the state of affairs at specialized schools lord knows the amount of sh!t hitting the fan at regular schools. I'm sure there are ZERO tests at local schools, and the little provided snatched up by teachers and paras. A mess.

Rembrandt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,268 724 446
Alleybux
No one cares about these kids.
The schools are open so parents can go to work.
It's not even about work at this point.
Unpopular opinion

These kids need to be in school not behind a computer, sorry to say. Especially special needs students where online learning in a MAJOR hassle (I've witnessed with my own eyes). Parents become the teachers and it causes way too much stress on certain households. Many parents do not have the patience or time to be the teacher while teachers sit on their asses at home and do the bare minimum. I'd want online learning if I was a teacher as well. They teach less and collect more. Kids get sick. Can't compromise their education because of a virus they will most likely recover from (of course there are some special cases). Officials KNOW this, which is why they aren't budging. Where officials went wrong is fear mongering and now they have to deal with the backlash of scared people. Be honest with the people, remove mandates, get your teachers back and clean up this damn this mess.
What people fail to realize is that there is a teacher shortage. My district is short 900 teachers short. On top of the shortage, teachers are out sick 10 days at a time. There aren't enough teachers to run many schools properly. Math classes are being covered by PE teachers. The teachers that ARE in the building are being forced to give up lunch and planning to cover classes. Many suffer from burn out and quit. Teachers didn't ask parents to teach, we asked them to parent. We simply asked parents to make sure they logged in & make sure they completed assignments and homework. These are things parents should do anyway. The only part of my job that became easier via remote learning was less stress from dealing with behavior issues, and I had enough time to actually enjoy lunch. Everything else remained the same or became MORE difficult.

ChocolateCandi

Blackistan is a Mysoginistic Country
Reaction score
Reactions
36,734 2,325 1,255
Alleybux
It's true. My cousin says her daughters teachers quit and they are having an extremely difficult time finding replacements for teachers all over NYC. There's going to be a massive backlash coming soon.
That’s because they weren’t really treating these teachers well to begin with. Why would someone walk away from a job if they didn’t have better options? The same thing happened in Child welfare not being able to keep social workers. A lot of us social workers switched to therapy(which
can be remote) because they were tired of the stress and bad treatment that came with working in child welfare. I worked in child welfare and some of my bosses were assholes. I also hated paperwork and the demands of my job. I received a letter asking me to apply for the county. That never used to happen.

Last edited:

Freakin46

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,374 8,254 509
Alleybux
He's pushing open schools because many kids do not eat unless they are in school. He's trying to solve more than one problem with the limited resources he has.
I forgot about how a lot of kids only get their daily meals from school. This sh!t is a mess!

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,169 37,350 12,061
Alleybux
It's true. My cousin says her daughters teachers quit and they are having an extremely difficult time finding replacements for teachers all over NYC. There's going to be a massive backlash coming soon.
They are pushing CUNY to be in person too. I am applying for fall 2022 graduate programs and covid isn’t going anywhere any time soon. Not until 2025 will we see progress against this virus

ChocolateCandi

Blackistan is a Mysoginistic Country
Reaction score
Reactions
36,734 2,325 1,255
Alleybux
It's not even about work at this point.

What people fail to realize is that there is a teacher shortage. My district is short 900 teachers short. On top of the shortage, teachers are out sick 10 days at a time. There aren't enough teachers to run many schools properly. Math classes are being covered by PE teachers. The teachers that ARE in the building are being forced to give up lunch and planning to cover classes. Many suffer from burn out and quit. Teachers didn't ask parents to teach, we asked them to parent. We simply asked parents to make sure they logged in & make sure they completed assignments and homework. These are things parents should do anyway. The only part of my job that became easier via remote learning was less stress from dealing with behavior issues, and I had enough time to actually enjoy lunch. Everything else remained the same or became MORE difficult.
There are so many other jobs that you can do in education that pay more. Getting a master’s degree in school psychology or special education with ABA certification will make you bank in many districts. If I was a teacher, I would use my down time to get my credentials up so that I wouldn’t need to teach anymore. They need to pay teachers more.

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,169 37,350 12,061
Alleybux
It gets more ridiculous. It's something like six inches of snow this morning. It would be very easy to call a snow day and go remote, just to tap the breaks on this thing for an extended weekend. But, nope. All NYC public schools are in person today.

The snow wasn’t that bad today why exaggerate

ajig

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,484 493 632
Alleybux
He's pushing open schools because many kids do not eat unless they are in school. He's trying to solve more than one problem with the limited resources he has.
It takes an act of God to close public school in NYC for that reason. It's an example of how schools and teachers over time became responsible for WAY too much. Like, it's the parents' job to make sure their children are bathed, fed, do their homework, and come to school ready to learn. Now, for a whole host of reasons we can get into at another time, schools are teachers are feeding kids, doing laundry, providing social supports, etc when all they should be doing is worrying about education.
It's lose-lose all around. The kids suffer most at the end of the day. COVID has just brought to a head how badly adults are failing the children in this country.

Lizann

Not Mary.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,791 1,938 648
Alleybux
The schools are open so they can continue to receive government funding.
Same thing happened at the beginning of the pandemic. Several teachers tested positive and were threatened to keep silent before they finally shut down. This was at a specialized school as well.e1 It’s all $$$.

Navy72

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,139 778 721
Alleybux
The kids still are served three meals a day when schools were physically closed. In fact the food is free. The parents or kids just came and picked up the food via a drive thru system. It’s not a matter of feeding the kids
Very true. My sister is a NYC teacher, she would get the food and bring it home. The food was healthy and good. All the parent had to was pick it up. They could take how much they wanted. Many times no one came and they didn’t want to throw it away. So anyone could take as much as they wanted.

Navy72

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,139 778 721
Alleybux
I’ve mentioned this before but NYC public schools (even the specialized ones) are notoriously understaffed, lack resources and are just overall sh!tty. Which is why I have my son in catholic school and will never risk his life and future by putting him in public school.

The entire system needs a revamp. It is just crumbling and wasting money. Even before COVID. This just exacerbated the issues.
My sister is a NYC Teacher, even in their affluent neighborhood, she did not want in NYC schools.

She didn’t even year it for one year. Son as his private pre-school ended. He went straight to Catholic school. We are not even Catholic.

CarrieSadshaw

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,792 3,119 1,360
Alleybux
I mean did y’all really need your kids to return back to school to actually understand this would be the outcome? I’m really starting to believe y’all are really this stupid and not pretending anymore! Lol..

They tossed their children into the fire to keep capitalism going.

I Against I

Dark Days Lie Ahead™️
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
104,294 8,676 3,970
Alleybux
I’ve mentioned this before but NYC public schools (even the specialized ones) are notoriously understaffed, lack resources and are just overall sh!tty. Which is why I have my son in catholic school and will never risk his life and future by putting him in public school.

The entire system needs a revamp. It is just crumbling and wasting money. Even before COVID. This just exacerbated the issues.

NYC Taxpayer dollars hard at work.... this is where all the extra funding disappeared to ... to pay pedos to exist. No, really.

I Against I

Dark Days Lie Ahead™️
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
104,294 8,676 3,970
Alleybux
They want people out taking the train, needing work clothes more often, buying lunch, buying gas, car maintenance. Leaving your home daily helps the economy.
This. It's so obvious lmao.

Screenshot_20220106-184302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-184444_Chrome.jpg

Lucious Lioness

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,344 496 326
Alleybux
Very true. My sister is a NYC teacher, she would get the food and bring it home. The food was healthy and good. All the parent had to was pick it up. They could take how much they wanted. Many times no one came and they didn’t want to throw it away. So anyone could take as much as they wanted.
The boldest is the point! Many don't. So school administrators have to figure out how to create access to food and shelter and other resources to students whose parents don't pick up the food, or don't go shopping with the EBT cards apparently everyone got, or for those students that are undocumented, or don't speak English, or are being abused.

This problem is far beyond what the average person thinks it is, and until people realize that and be more supportive of administrators and teachers, nothing will ever improve.

I Against I

Dark Days Lie Ahead™️
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
104,294 8,676 3,970
Alleybux
I mean did y’all really need your kids to return back to school to actually understand this would be the outcome? I’m really starting to believe y’all are really this stupid and not pretending anymore! Lol..
Damn, you just read FraudFauci for filth! Bravo!

Screenshot_20211230-225943_Chrome.jpg

Rembrandt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,268 724 446
Alleybux
There are so many other jobs that you can do in education that pay more. Getting a master’s degree in school psychology or special education with ABA certification will make you bank in many districts. If I was a teacher, I would use my down time to get my credentials up so that I wouldn’t need to teach anymore. They need to pay teachers more.
It's not about the money for most of us. I knew I wouldn't make 6 figures when I became a teacher. I was ok with the salary. The problem is the ever increasing amount of BS they want you to do for this little bit of money. Unnecessary paper work, ever- changing district mandates, entitled/disrespectful parents and children, hostile work conditions, lack of proper supplies, etc. It's 18 degrees in my city and the classrooms have no heat.

Boujiee

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
5,197 454 656
Alleybux
It's obvious that you aren't a teacher much less one during this time. Most teachers have to keep the regular schedule for virtual classes as well. We are to maintain normalcy with lunch, stretch breaks, specials such as art, etc.

Some teachers also have school age children who are home as well while having to get a Zoom class of 23-24 students to stay engaged, stop watching YouTube or Roblox when you are trying to teach them the fundamentals of long division or review basic facts, etc.

Know that the teachers you claim who "sit on their asses at home and do the bare minimum" still have to go to IEP meetings for the special needs students---have you asked those parents what they are doing to help their children or are they depending on the teachers to do everything? Are they asking for weekly conferences with the general education and special education teachers to keep up with progress? Are they logging into the online gradebook to see how their child is doing? We still have to give the accommodations that are legally binding so that calls for having to create lessons with breakout rooms often when the special education teacher is not available.

Teachers have to prepare lessons for online teaching which takes far longer than when we are in person. Have you ever had to make a Google slideshow that is interactive and engaging? Have you ever had to call a parent during your virtual lunch break to tell them that their child will not respond when their name is called just to take attendance only to be cursed out and told that "They know their child is in class because they told them so?" Or my favorite---when I mark down incomplete work that was to be turned in online and a parent wants to rant about that, go back and forth until I send a screenshot of the incomplete work with a million other game tabs open at the top of the child's screen. Or the child who knows how to keep clicking off the class and acting like something is wrong with the laptop so that when the teacher calls home (I've done it) in the middle of class with the parent claiming to be sitting right there but being embarrassed when I can prove that the child isn't doing the work. Parents don't want to have cameras on...fine. All I would ask is that you flip your camera on to say good morning, answer a question, or say goodbye even though I know they were off camera on phones, playing video games etc.

Until you have had any of this happen to you, don't generalize teachers who are doing the best we can with some flippant "sitting on their asses" comments. People like you are part of the problem.
You teachers are very contradicting. Apparently there's all this hardship with online classes yet you guys don't want to go back in person for concerns of health. I'm sure there's hardships in the teaching job as there is with many careers however it is evident that online modalities have created more convenience for teachers as their jobs can be completed from home and there's more freedom to have leisure time without anyone directly watching you. If this is not the case, then why is there so much uproar about going back in person? If online modes were too challenging wouldn't teachers be rushing to go back in person? I highly doubt it has very little to do with catching COVID because it be the same teachers who are still out and about living their lives as usual. Teachers cannot have it both ways. Another font said there should be an in person/online option for both teachers and students which I actually agree with.

UrFavoriteLatte

Almost-Mrs. Wilhemina Slater-Meade
Reaction score
Reactions
87,239 1,480 582
Alleybux
Unpopular opinion

These kids need to be in school not behind a computer, sorry to say. Especially special needs students where online learning in a MAJOR hassle (I've witnessed with my own eyes). Parents become the teachers and it causes way too much stress on certain households. Many parents do not have the patience or time to be the teacher while teachers sit on their asses at home and do the bare minimum. I'd want online learning if I was a teacher as well. They teach less and collect more. Kids get sick. Can't compromise their education because of a virus they will most likely recover from (of course there are some special cases). Officials KNOW this, which is why they aren't budging. Where officials went wrong is fear mongering and now they have to deal with the backlash of scared people. Be honest with the people, remove mandates, get your teachers back and clean up this damn this mess.
Ignorance, at it's finest.

ajig

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,484 493 632
Alleybux
Yes, but again schools across the country are open and across the globe. Teachers and parents are not fistfighting everywhere even though the pandemic impacts the entire globe. Many countries, first world countries at that, never closed their schools at all even when we didn't have a "vaccine". This clearly is about more than just COVID.
It is. The problem is that the United States puts capitalism above everything-health, education, your very life. Public systems and infrastructure are weak in this country because our priorities are bµllsh!t. Most of us knew this already. Along comes Rona to make that sh!t plain. Nobody can sit and say this is the greatest country in the world anymore with a straight face. We're a third world country fronting like a first world one. It's shameful, pathetic, and sad. The worst part is that I don't have confidence that a critical mass of people in this country will move any differently.

Boujiee

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
5,197 454 656
Alleybux
Don't worry, there has been a teacher shortage for a while now and this pandemic made it easier for the TEACHERS WHO TRULY CARE to decide that their own health and well being didn't matter to people like you...so they are moving on.

Why do you think districts are now needing bus drivers, cafeteria staff, and unqualified 18 year olds to substitute classes? For years teachers have been GUILTED into staying. The nation's children will suffer because the experienced and passionate educators WILL NOT COME BACK. When school shootings happen, teachers are expected to put their life on the line just to be called glorified babysitters when parents are mad about having their own children at home. Ya can't have it both ways.
What are you talking about? Babysitters? Parents have to work as well and having children in school is apart of the typical work/life structure. So because parents are parent's they don't have jobs either? Many teachers have children who they also have to tend to to make sure their schooling gets done. Wouldn't that load be much easier if the child was in a school facility? The contradiction is crazy.

Every response I have received from an assumed teacher has only made it clear that you guys truly don't like your jobs nor is children education your passion. That is okay but it's not fair for teachers to start pointing fingers at students and their parents because they have certain expectations of teachers. This isn't to say all the responsibility should fall on teachers but there is a level of responsibility.

No one is forcing any of you to be teachers. Literally NO ONE. But when you have fulfilled the role, there is certain expectations of you and if that is not a burden you wish to carry then do yourself a favor and find a profession more suited for you. Way too much complaining about a job that YOU chose to take. For the teachers that choose to move on, they did everyone a service. But for those of you who chose to stay, you should take your complaints up with your employers NOT the people you have a responsibility to.

Last edited:

Beautifulltoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
36,589 603 203
Alleybux
"His social skills with peers can be done with play-dates (something I did during the first shut down). As well as taking him to museums and doing hand-on activities that correlate with his schooling."

So he can't be in school, but hell the MOMA is totally cool? THIS IS THE PROBLEM. Play dates, museums, are just as risky as being in school.
Here in NY, you can schedule your time at the museums and don't have to be in a crowd of people. Unlike the school/classrooms which are at FULL capacity. Also, you MUST be vaccinated to enter the MoMA and other museums...UNLIKE school where many children are NOT vaccinated. Hell, you have some children in the NYC School system that don't even have the basic vaccinations like MMR or the chickpox vaccine due to religious/cultural reasons! So how in the hell is school safer?!?!
Some of y'all just want to drop your kids off and make them someone else's responsibility and THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! NYC Schools are not safer, and I don't know why you and the NYC mayor Eric Adams think it is. What's going on in NYC is a full fledged shyt show, so please stop with the fallacies and look at the situation from a realistic point of view.

Boujiee

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
5,197 454 656
Alleybux
No. Teachers are expecting parents to actually COME to parent teacher meetings, check homework when it's given (my parents actually SIGNED mine, unprompted), to follow up with notes and phone calls when their child has bad behavior or lacking attendance.

These kids are 9, 10 years, ditching school, coming when they want to, mouthing off, trying to FIGHT teachers and guess what? They can't even TOUCH them to break up a fight between kids OR defend themselves if a child raises their hand to them.

Teaching does NOT stop in the classroom and you canNOT make a child learn who absolutely refuses, made even worse by parents who don't even do the bare minimum of backing the teacher up to show that they are serious about their child's education.

Your responses show you are EXTREMELY biased against teachers. Just say that and go.
I agree that parents should also have a hand in their child's education. I have not once disputed that and I'm sorry if you had ill experiences as a teacher. I am not biased against teachers. I hold a lot of respect for teachers who actually give a damn about student and student education. I care about teachers who aren't using online education as an excuse for leisures they can't get with in person teaching. Any educator or person with common sense can tell that these kids aren't learning sh!t online. But that's okay as long as teachers catch a break? Pls. Teachers, faculty and students need to be in schools. Period.

Michelle Y

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,175 112 67
Alleybux
100%; I was scared to say it but it’s ultimately the parents responsibility.
Yep. That's the bottom line.

Some parents moan and find alternatives and others just moan. Thousands of kids nationwide were already dropping of school at alarming rates and now millions are not attending school. Absenteeism is high among in school learners because they are sick or afraid of getting sick. I'm sorry to say, a lot of kids will probably never fully recover. If you're a parent, what are you going to do about your childs education if the system can't provide one?

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,548 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
You teachers are very contradicting. Apparently there's all this hardship with online classes yet you guys don't want to go back in person for concerns of health. I'm sure there's hardships in the teaching job as there is with many careers however it is evident that online modalities have created more convenience for teachers as their jobs can be completed from home and there's more freedom to have leisure time without anyone directly watching you. If this is not the case, then why is there so much uproar about going back in person? If online modes were too challenging wouldn't teachers be rushing to go back in person? I highly doubt it has very little to do with catching COVID because it be the same teachers who are still out and about living their lives as usual. Teachers cannot have it both ways. Another font said there should be an in person/online option for both teachers and students which I actually agree with.
Are we contradicting or is it that YOU cannot generalize all teachers? And yes, teachers are living their lives like most people. Teachers are going back in person because our jobs are being threatened and most teachers are going because we love our students and we are trying to do the best for them but why do you (a non teacher or parent) think we should be putting our life on the line? Teachers have families, some have aging parents, some are caretakers, some are single and need to take care of themselves so what do you mean by the bolded? You're living your life so because you hate teachers, you feel you should tell us how to live? Really!

It's obvious you have no experience with children or teaching and you are using this as an opportunity to attack teachers for some unresolved, personal reason so there's no reason to try to get you to understand...

TheRealNikkiO

Slaying & Saving Because Christ Is King!
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
287,672 17,716 14,283
Alleybux
I read the following post from a HS student on Reddit and had to share. This is the mess NYC is in because the mayor decided that we would not go remote, even temporarily. No learning is being done in schools because there aren't enough teachers and we don't have anything prepared for remote school. The schools themselves are superspreader events.

This is the world the demoncrats wanted.

Rembrandt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,268 724 446
Alleybux
In this article it is a student complaining, not a teacher. He laid out the problem for you. There aren't ENOUGH teachers. Students are not being taught. They are sitting in cafeterias and auditoriums. This is a recipe for disaster, and it's only going to get worse. We haven't had a math or science teacher all year. One young lady took the science position and quit a month later because she couldn't deal with the behavior issues. Most teachers are ok with the hybrid model but the PTB won't ok it. We gave parents the option(all teachers had to report), most parents decided to keep kids home. This year, the governor mandated that all students had to go in person.

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,548 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
What are you talking about? Babysitters? Parents have to work as well and having children in school is apart of the typical work/life structure. So because parents are parent's they don't have jobs either? Many teachers have children who they also have to tend to to make sure their schooling gets done. Wouldn't that load be much easier if the child was in a school facility? The contradiction is crazy.

Every response I have received from an assumed teacher has only made it clear that you guys truly don't like your jobs nor is children education your passion. That is okay but it's not fair for teachers to start pointing fingers at students and their parents because they have certain expectations of teachers.

No one is forcing any of you to be teachers. Literally NO ONE. But when you have fulfilled the role, there is certain expectations of you and if that is not a burden you wish to carry then do yourself a favor and find a profession more suited for you. Way too much complaining about a job that YOU chose to take. For the teachers that choose to move on, they did everyone a service. But for those of you who chose to stay, you should take your complaints up with your employers NOT the people you have a responsibility to.
What is clear is that you have decided this and you are not going to change your mind. Giving you the intimate details about the hardships does not mean teachers to not like their jobs. What we don't like are people like you who don't teach who want to tell us what we do, think and feel when you haven't see the back door of a classroom in a teaching capacity. Some teacher must've hurt you and you are still pissed about that otherwise, I have no idea why you think you opinion (with no experience or evidence) is fact. All you are doing is twisting responses to argue...Of course no one is forcing anyone to be teachers, no one is forcing anyone to be in any career so you can save that canned and overused cliche...

Boujiee

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
5,197 454 656
Alleybux
Are we contradicting or is it that YOU cannot generalize all teachers? And yes, teachers are living their lives like most people. Teachers are going back in person because our jobs are being threatened and most teachers are going because we love our students and we are trying to do the best for them but why do you (a non teacher or parent) think we should be putting our life on the line? Teachers have families, some have aging parents, some are caretakers, some are single and need to take care of themselves so what do you mean by the bolded? You're living your life so because you hate teachers, you feel you should tell us how to live? Really!

It's obvious you have no experience with children or teaching and you are using this as an opportunity to attack teachers for some unresolved, personal reason so there's no reason to try to get you to understand...
So you were able to see where I wasn't a parent but completely ignored that I have young children in my life who I take care of from time to time? I have experience with children and informal teaching. No one said your lives should be on the line but COVID is not going anywhere nor is it the only illness teachers are susceptible to. As a teacher, I'm sure you're aware of how unsanitary children could be before the pandemic even started. My main point is that we need to stop living in fear and do what's best for the children. COVID is not going anywhere as we can see with similar numbers to 2020. The best thing everyone can do is practice safety, vaccinate and so on. We can't keep compromising children's education for something that isn't going anywhere.

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,548 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
In this article it is a student complaining, not a teacher. He laid out the problem for you. There aren't ENOUGH teachers. Students are not being taught. They are sitting in cafeterias and auditoriums. This is a recipe for disaster, and it's only going to get worse. We haven't had a math or science teacher all year. One young lady took the science position and quit a month later because she couldn't deal with the behavior issues. Most teachers are ok with the hybrid model but the PTB won't ok it. We gave parents the option(all teachers had to report), most parents decided to keep kids home. This year, the governor mandated that all students had to go in person.
The thing is this font isn't a teacher or a parent---he/she just wanted to argue.

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,548 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
So you were able to see where I wasn't a parent but completely ignored that I have young children in my life who I take care of from time to time? I have experience with children and informal teaching. No one said your lives should be on the line but COVID is not going anywhere nor is it the only illness teachers are susceptible to. As a teacher, I'm sure you're aware of how unsanitary children could be before the pandemic even started. My main point is that we need to stop living in fear and do what's best for the children. COVID is not going anywhere as we can see with similar numbers to 2020. The best thing everyone can do is practice safety, vaccinate and so on. We can't keep compromising children's education.
I didn't ignore that, I didn't address it because it doesn't make a difference...Having younger children in your life means what? You aren't a parent or a teacher yet you want to make generalizations about what we do even to the point where you won't address that there are teachers who are also teachers, so you went with "them sitting on their asses" Informal teaching? In other words, you aren't a teacher but you want to argue about what teachers do.
I'm very aware of the bolded so who's fault is that? Based on your responses, I hope you don't try to blame the teachers...

Bakhita

Free Spirit, INFJ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
22,828 743 411
Alleybux
This is why at the first opportunity I got, I left education behind. I wasnt a teacher but I had to work in the school mentoring students and man. Teachers really have it bad and I feel for the students.

LGTTMB

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
256,546 10,882 1,431
Alleybux
If her parents had did their job and made her pay attention in class, she’d know the importance of not just being able to read words, but knowing what they are actually saying

WhereTheyDoThatAt

Kicking Flava in Your Ear
Reaction score
Reactions
19,676 258 32
Alleybux
All of these are the real tea. The situation (probably) requires the cooperation of agencies beyond the NYC Department of Education. For example, what would Albany think?
I'm in Albany now. OG Brooklyn...
Anyway, all Albany City Public Schools went remote since yesterday and will continue remote til the 18th. They're trying to get Covid Cases to decrease.