Quantcast

UPDATE NYPD finds no wrongdoing by Shake Shack employees after officers got sick from milkshakes

funnywithfierce

You Tried It!
Reaction score
Reactions
191,702 35,800 1,142
Alleybux
200616002546-three-nypd-officers-were-hospitalized-after-falling-ill-from-drinking-shake-shack-milkshakes-exlarge-169.jpg

Three NYPD officers fell ill after drinking milkshakes from Shake Shake in lower Manhattan Monday.

"Three New York City Police Department officers have been released from the hospital after getting sick when they drank milkshakes from Shake Shack Monday night.

The shakes may have been tainted with bleach, according to a statement from the NYC Police Benevolent Association.

The NYPD launched an investigation after the officers fell ill and determined early Tuesday morning that there was no criminality by employees, according to a tweet from NYPD Detective Chief Rodney Harrison.

Investigators believe a cleaning solution used to clean the milkshake machines wasn't fully cleared and may have gotten into the officers' drinks.

The officers bought the beverages at the restaurant chain's lower Manhattan location around 8:30 p.m., a spokeswoman for the department said.

All three officers were transported to a local hospital where they were treated, observed and released, according to the spokeswoman.

The NYCPBA, which represents more than 50,000 active and retired police officers, said in a statement posted to Twitter Monday night that the officers "discovered that a toxic substance, believed to be bleach, had been placed in their beverages."

The officers had already ingested part of the beverages when they noticed a substance was in their drinks, the statement said.

"When NYC police officers cannot even take meal without coming under attack, it is clear that environment in which we work has deteriorated to a critical level," PBA President Patrick Lynch wrote.

Shake Shack said in a tweet Monday night they were "horrified by the reports of officers injured," and were working with police on investigation.

In an update tweet Tuesday morning the burger chain said they were "relieved to hear the officers are all okay" and are "working hard to get the full picture."

CNN has reached out for further comment from the restaurant but has not yet heard back."

Source: Shake Shack: NYPD finds no wrongdoing by employees after officers got sick from milkshakes - CNN

RoadRage

Amazing
Reaction score
Reactions
75,579 2,477 3,869
Alleybux
They clean out the milkshake machines during the day? I thought they only did things like that at closing.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,576 11,262 4,454
Alleybux
Them muhfuckas was lying. I knew it when I saw that those milkshakes were mostly finished before they all got "sick". Now they're saying that cleaning solution may have accidentally gotten into the drinks, "may" because they didn't find nothing in them!

fµck the NYPD.

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,954 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
Ok, so were there other people who got sick? Has this happened before? I think these are questions that need to be asked, because if only those officers got sick I think that’s a bit suspect and I am not sure it was just an accident.

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,954 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
Them muhfuckas was lying. I knew it when I saw that those milkshakes were mostly finished before they all got "sick". Now they're saying that cleaning solution may have accidentally gotten into the drinks, "may" because they didn't find nothing in them!

fµck the NYPD.

I don’t understand why you think they’re lying. Are you saying they got sick and somebody else put the substance in their drink to blame shake shack? Are you saying they didn’t get sick, because something like that can be easily verified.

BigTimeReader

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,788 3,535 520
Alleybux
With all of the propaganda going on with cops. I wouldn't be surprised if the NYPD attempted to fabricate or mislead this situation to make it look like cops were being targeted. In an attempt to turn the public empathy and sympathy in their favor. Since police have been exposed for their brutality towards protesters and their killings of black people.

BigTimeReader

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,788 3,535 520
Alleybux
I don’t understand why you think they’re lying. Are you saying they got sick and somebody else put the substance in their drink to blame shake shack? Are you saying they didn’t get sick, because something like that can be easily verified.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NYPD planted it themselves. They have been known to plant evidence and drugs. Just saying not to always trust cops word for it because they have proven to be untrustworthy at times. And it's not right to make it look like the employees intentionally poisoned them if they didn't.

BigTimeReader

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,788 3,535 520
Alleybux
I'm also thinking that the NYPD had to debunk this. Because they didn't want to risk having a lawsuit filed against them if Shake Shack proved that they were lying about their milkshakes being intentionally poisoned.

Summer Sweetie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
315,074 45,106 6,437
Alleybux

How? It's not like we could have access to their medical records even if they did go to the hospital. We don't really know what symptoms they had (if any) or what doctors/nurses said.

I can believe they may have thought they ingested something weird but that it was just paranoia

Either way the department is basically investigating itself so I don't think they'd readily come out and admit the officers lied even if they did.
Not in this climate...

And shake shack can't really come out and say the couple of officers lied even if the employees/manager know they did because people would interpret that as "anti cop " and probably try to boycott or something

So they just have to accept the non apology that was given