Quantcast

NYPD hunts for gunman who shot dead a 20-year-old man and injured a woman in broad daylight

Quanxi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
413,092 83,273 604
Alleybux
NYPD hunts for gunman who shot dead a 20-year-old man and injured a woman in broad daylight in Brooklyn
  • Deondraye Moore, 20, was shot in the head in Brownsville, Brooklyn on Thursday
  • Shaquana Fields, 36, was shot in the chest and arm during the 6:45pm attack
  • Moore died in hospital but Fields, an innocent passer-by, is expected to survive
  • Police have published a video of the shooting and are appealing for information
  • June was the bloodiest month in NYC for almost a quarter of a century
New York Police Department has released shocking footage of a gunman shooting dead a man in broad daylight in Brooklyn, then wandering away.

Rodney Harrison, chief of detectives for NYPD, published footage of the shooting on Friday.

In the clip, filmed on Thursday, a man casually walks through the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn, seeming to have his hands in his pockets.

30422444-8492251-image-a-79_1593982898748.jpg

30422436-8492251-image-a-80_1593982951248.jpg

A second man in a white short-sleeved shirt and shorts walks behind him.

The first man, in a gray polo shirt and jeans, pulls out a gun and fires.

The two men then turn and walk away.

The incident happened at 6:45pm on the corner of New Lots Avenue and Mother Gaston Blvd.

Deondraye Moore, 20, was shot in the head just as he was about to step into his gated Plaza Residences building, police said.

Shaquana Fields, 36, was shot in the chest and arm as she stepped out of a nearby store.

Both victims were rushed to Brookdale Hospital where Moore died of his wounds.

Fields, believed to be an innocent bystander, was expected to survive.

'I'm still trying to wrap my head around it,' said Derrick Moore, the dead man's father.

'I'm shocked.'

Moore said he spoke to his son just a week ago. The two talked about his burgeoning music career and how Deondraye wanted to do a duet with his father.

30422430-8492251-Deondraye_Moore_was_shot_in_the_head-a-17_1593987670925.jpg

'He wanted me to sing and he would rap,' Moore told the New York Daily News.

'I said "I'll think about it."

'I don't like rap, but I support him.'

New York City is seeing a surge in violence, with the bloodiest June in almost 25 years.

There were 205 shooting incidents in New York City during the month of June alone, according to the NYPD.

'We have to go back to June of 1996 to get a worse start for June,' said Michael LiPetri, chief of crime control strategies. In June 1996 there were 236 shootings recorded.

'That is a telling stat.'

30422424-8492251-image-a-82_1593983028752.jpg

New York City has seen more than 500 shootings so far this year.

Between June 19 and 27, 83 shootings happened, injuring or killing 112 people.

NYPD Chief of Department Terry Monahan said while other crimes are down, violent crimes and shootings are up.

'Shootings have been up in the month of June,' he said on June 22, adding that there were a number of reasons for the increase including bail reform, the George Floyd protests and the animosity toward police officers.

'If you listen to the city council, they want less policing,' he said. 'They want to defund the police, but as I look out there right now with the violence going on, it's not a good sign.

'We need some clarity from the city council and from the communities we serve, exactly how they want to be policed.'

NYPD hunts for gunman who shot dead a man and injured a woman in broad daylight in Brooklyn | Daily Mail Online

Hope For Hoes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,678 700 600
Alleybux
I'm not saying this because Chicago is my buzzword to talk about crime within the Black community as if it has the highest murder rate per capita (It does NOT)... I'm saying this as a resident of Chicago..

NYC always has footage of murders. You saw who killed Junior. You saw the boys stomp the girl. You see the shooter here.

Chicago has cameras all over the city (those blue lights), but CPD don't ever have an idea of who did what. And always looking for a suspect with no tips. They need to go get the cameras NYC has.

YacketyYak

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,950 6,848 6,908
Alleybux
oh well, this is never going to stop. the only thing you can do is get your money up and move away from the riff raff and keep a gun in your house in case the riff raff comes to your neighborhood as they will never change their behavior.