Death, taxes, Dodgers choking.

hqdefault.jpg

WorldBFree

Don’t make excuses, make improvements
Reaction score
Reactions
35,571 696 502
Alleybux
I am going to come to Dave Roberts defense a little bit. His b!tch made pitchers deciding to tap out makes his job much harder. Rich Hill told him to watch closely in the 7th (which is another way of saying to take me out because I am getting tired). Baez was supposedly unavailable and could not pitch the 8th instead of Madison. All the Red Sox pitchers are tired but they all step up and pitch. The Dodgers not so much. People want to jump all over Roberts, but his pitchers don't have the win at all cost attitude you need.

sweetjay1978

Cookie dough
Reaction score
Reactions
4,329 188 233
Alleybux
At this point the Dodgers deserve to lose in the worst way at home so maybe it can light a fire in the players asses beside puig.

Robert's been paid off I'm for sure he's Pete roseing this team.

Starde

The Fresh Princess of Bel-Air
Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
I am going to come to Dave Roberts defense a little bit. His b!tch made pitchers deciding to tap out makes his job much harder. Rich Hill told him to watch closely in the 7th (which is another way of saying to take me out because I am getting tired). Baez was supposedly unavailable and could not pitch the 8th instead of Madison. All the Red Sox pitchers are tired but they all step up and pitch. The Dodgers not so much. People want to jump all over Roberts, but his pitchers don't have the win at all cost attitude you need.

This just made me livid all over again. They said both were available before the game. How the fµck were Baez and Urias, two of our best relievers by far, suddenly unavailable?! That's bµllsh!t! Everyone is available! And it better not be because they were tired from Game 3. Everybody pitched in that game. Hell, look at the Sox pitchers still throwing heat! Urias only threw 11 pitches in those extra innings. 11! It's the goddamn World Series in a crucial must win home game that you should be willing to blow your arm out for. YOU'RE AVAILABLE.

I actually like Roberts as a person, but I can no longer defend him as a manager after last night's game. Hill, who was doing great, should've been left in, especially after he got that 1 out. Who knows what could've happened with the next batter? It could've been a double play, a pop up. I shook my head in disbelief when I saw Alexander and Madson warming up in the bullpen because those were the worst 2 pitchers anyone could've gone with in that situation. Why? Let's start with Alexander.

First of all, that fool should've never made the WS roster and replaced Ferguson who was solid in the playoffs. He has been trash all year and walks everyone. He was just trash the night before in Game 3 and got pulled out. Why would you use him again? Next, Madson. You never use this guy when you have people on base. NEVER. Why? Cuz we have continually see him give up runs all postseason. Hell, Madson himself said he didn't like coming into situations with runners on base. In this series alone, he has allowed every Sox player he has inherited to score. WHY WOULD YOU USE HIM AGAIN??? It's crazy!

Then my eyes nearly popped out of my sockets when I saw Jansen warming up in the bullpen for the 8th. Jansen hasn't been the same this year and has given up about 15 homers alone, a good amount which has happened while either tied or up by 1. He gave up the tying homer the night before when he was brought in for the 8th for a 6 out save. Your bright idea is to bring him in the 8th for a 6 out save up by 1 run AGAIN?! That was just pure insanity! I knew he was going to give up another homer. How does Roberts not know this when we're seeing the same thing he's seeing?

All 3 of these home games should've been treated like it's Game 7. It's all hands on deck. I stand by what I've been saying since last night. Hill, our best pitcher of the game, should've been left in. I would've taken my chances with a tired Hill over a trash ass Alexander & Madson. Baez who has been lights out should've been put in right after Hill. What kills me even more is that we still had Floro and Maeda since Baez and Urias were "unavailable". If Hill had given up a run, I would've still gone with either of those 2 first in a heartbeat over Alexander and Madson.

Roberts' hard on for analytics and mismanagement is a huge reason why we're now in a 3-1 hole and will very likely lose back to back WS. He fµck!ng blew it! I've never been this pissed during a Dodgers game. Yes, this loss is even worse than losing Game 7 in the WS last year cuz we played ourselves again.

Today could likely be Kershaw's last time pitching as a Dodger. All I can hope is that he pitches the game of his life, the offense gives him run support, get the win and let this series end in Boston cuz I ain't gonna watch another team hoist a trophy on our turf again if we lose. Then again, hope can be a motherfµcker. No matter what happens, I'm still loyal to this team, but us fans deserved better.

On to Game 5.

Last edited:

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
@Starde I agree with everything you said.
Roberts is all analytics with 0 common sense

Throwing his pitcher (Hill) under the bus post game just makes him look worse. At the end of the day, you're the one who makes the final decision, he left the game cause you came to the mound and took him out.

BE A MAN AND HOLD THE L!!!

ETA: Pre game interviews

Last edited:

Starde

Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
@Starde I agree with everything you said.
Roberts is all analytics with 0 common sense

Throwing his pitcher (Hill) under the bus post game just makes him look worse. At the end of the day, you're the one who makes the final decision, he left the game cause you came to the mound and took him out.

BE A MAN AND HOLD THE L!!!

ETA: Pre game interviews

giphy.gif

I freakin knew he wasn't ready to be pulled out. I knew it! The look on his face when Madson gave up the homer said it all. Roberts did the same sh!t with Hill in the WS last year. SMFH!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
2,344 9 11
Alleybux
True anything can happen, but I don’t remember their offense being as bad as the Dodgers has been in this series.

The Cubs had a good offense that year but there were games in the playoffs where there was nothing going on. In the World Series, the first three losses, they only scored 2 runs. (6-0, 1-0 & 7-2).

The Dodgers are scoring runs so there is still hope for them to come back.

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
Buck: "It's so important for Kershaw to put up a zero here"
patrice.png

Edit: Freese giving Dodgers new life

Looks like Price is back to his old self lol

Last edited:

Starde

Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
The Cubs had a good offense that year but there were games in the playoffs where there was nothing going on. In the World Series, the first three losses, they only scored 2 runs. (6-0, 1-0 & 7-2).

The Dodgers are scoring runs so there is still hope for them to come back.

True, but the '16 Indians ain't the juggernaut that is the '18 Red Sox.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,344 9 11
Alleybux
True, but the '16 Indians ain't the juggernaut that is the '18 Red Sox.

You have a point there. It hurts me to say this but had the Indians' starting pitching had been healthy, it would have been their year.

These Red Sox are scary good and have been all year. Reminds me of Houston in last year's series, they don't give up. Dodgers have had their chances.

BillieOcean

Stepped-Up Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
40,804 1,363 520
Alleybux
They're gonna get the drop on Kershaw. I can feel it.

sn: y'all see the dodgers trying to sneak hit all the pitchers in the arms?

Starde

Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
Did I just see some petty ass Astro fans wearing their gear in the stands?

Dodgers have officially given up. Only reason why they're still keeping Kershaw on the mound which leads me to believe even more that he will opt out of his contract in the off season.

ETA: LOL. Apparently Baez and Urias are now warming up in the bullpen. Y'all a day late homies.

the musicman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,433 1,123 1,076
Alleybux
the dodgers choked two straight years and dave roberts was plotted like Geraldo Riveria in Al Capone's vault and he done came away with nothing.

i hate the Boston RedSox';s as a Yankees fan and i gotta say they are the best team in baseball. they are smart and got that hustle.

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
Quite a redemption story for Price

He couldn't buy a postseason win for years and now he's on the verge of a ring and possibly WS MVP

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
I was wondering who the WS MVP would’ve been? You think it’s Price? Mmmm

If not Price then it'll probably be Pearce, sometimes they give out co MVP though so both could get it.

Speaking of pitchers that need redemption stories

Hey if Price can do it there's hope for Clayton..... one of these years
sadcam.png

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
Man I knew the Sox won in '07 but didn't remember who. So it was the Rockies :joy:

They got swept so I'm sure that series was only entertaining to Sox fans (clearly the reason why I blocked it out of my mind).

Listen to Buck and Smoltz cumming on each other already
scusthov.gif

Starde

Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
Yes congrats @Teamplayer @Cheeba Cheeba on the Red Sox winning the World Series.

tenor.gif

I'll never be down for Boston sports, but I'm always willing to give props where props are due. Y'all were the better team and deserve the title.

I've watched every Dodgers game until the very end, but I won't tonight. Changing the channel after this second to last out cuz there's no way I'm watching another team celebrate a WS title on our field again. I better see MAJOR changes in the offseason cuz to be loaded with this much talent and to lose back to back World Series is a disgrace. My boys in blue will be back. I mean we're basically the '90s Braves at this point so we gotta win a WS at some point right? RIGHT?!?!

Nabelle40

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,623 1,254 120
Alleybux
Yes congrats @Teamplayer @Cheeba Cheeba on the Red Sox winning the World Series.

tenor.gif

I'll never be down for Boston sports, but I'm always willing to give props where props are due. Y'all were the better team and deserve the title.

I've watched every Dodgers game until the very end, but I won't tonight. Changing the channel after this second to last out cuz there's no way I'm watching another team celebrate a WS title on our field again. I better see MAJOR changes in the offseason cuz to be loaded with this much talent and to lose back to back World Series is a disgrace. My boys in blue will be back. I mean we're basically the '90s Braves at this point so we gotta win a WS at some point right? RIGHT?!?!

On the bright side 2018 season is officially over on to a new fresh Baseball season

:arrogant

ChickBuster

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,585 308 100
Alleybux
Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans. They earned it and deserve it.

Sorry but this WS was a dumpster fire of a series. No wonder ratings are down by nearly 10% from last year and nearly 30% from 2016. Still wins the night but FOX can't be too happy.

Kershaw choked yet again. Can this finally end the talk that he is "elite" and an MVP? You aren't elite if you sh!t the bed two straight World Series in a row. The entire Dodgers relieving corps wasn't much better either. I think the Dodgers knew it was over after they blew that 4-0 lead last night.

sweetjay1978

Cookie dough
Reaction score
Reactions
4,329 188 233
Alleybux

tenor.gif

I was telling people the same thing this Dodgers remind me so much of the 90's Braves.

But red sox fans like all Boston sports fans makes me sick. Let's not forget it only took you 80plus years til 2004 to win the world series. Catch that shade.

Teamplayer

Who Dey + Lambeau Leap
Reaction score
Reactions
444,128 18,671 4,883
Alleybux

I. AM. HERE.TO. ACT. A .FOOL :emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass::emoji_champagne_glass:

The best team in baseball weren't getting past the Asstros tho. :glassescool

Screenshot_20181024-004549.jpg

Nothing but respect for the Dodgers and their fans.

Starde

Reaction score
Reactions
20,571 211 54
Alleybux
On the bright side 2018 season is officially over on to a new fresh Baseball season

:arrogant

Dodgers will be playing the AL East next year so I'm already looking forward to their games against the Yankees. (y) I better see a better result against Boston tho. :arrogant

Pink Kashmere

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
723 8 1
Alleybux
I was rooting for the Dodgers, but congrats to the Redsox. Even though everyone teases David Price, I was glad to see him get this monkey off his back. I really wanted to see one of the few Black aces pitch a complete game, and become new Black history. IMO, Price was robbed of his MVP too. I guess the writers didn't vote him....maybe they didn't want a black hero.

giphy.gif

BillieOcean

Stepped-Up Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
40,804 1,363 520
Alleybux
I was rooting for the Dodgers, but congrats to the Redsox. Even though everyone teases David Price, I was glad to see him get this monkey off his back. I really wanted to see one of the few Black aces pitch a complete game, and become new Black history. IMO, Price was robbed of his MVP too. I guess the writers didn't vote him....maybe they didn't want a black hero.

giphy.gif

He's black?!