Official Hits and Misses Thread!

Jalina

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,067 63 8
Alleybux
HIT: aloe vera gel
I bought it for my face, loved it, wanted to try it on my hair because I was curious and wow!

I put it on my scalp and hair on wash day and I’m about to put some in a spray bottle with some water because I am an aloe vera hoe now.

eta: if it matters, 4b, baby fine, thin and porous hair

smartz_22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,116 170 17
Alleybux
Hit: I caved and bought ecoslay jello shot gel. I love it so far. Also love their rice pudding leave in/moisturiser.
continued hit: soultanicals rice water tonic. It’s convenient and really strengthened my strands and I love the smell. I mix it with my own batch to help cover the smell.

CatchThesehandsHOE

Material Girl...lol not really
Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Miss
Product junkie naturals Maximum moisture deep conditioner is one of the worst conditioners I've ever tried. How I use a shampoo that allows me to detangle but the my deep conditioner makes my hair knot? It didnt have any moisture either. This is going in the garbage and I dont even throw away conditioners I usually repurpose them.

Last edited:

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
MISS:
Banding my hair. I revisited this and I hated it truthfully. It took forever for my hair to fall the way it does when I just do a simple pineapple. Plus it took forever for my curls to revert back to curls and not super stretched ones fresh out of the bands.

This is a hit but spraying aloe juice on my wash and go is really nice!

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
hit: a successful finger detangling session this wash day

a hit and a miss: design essentials curlforming custard

hit: from wash to style and tshirt on it took 1 hour or less today

hit: using up this stash, i'm thinking with as much as i'm using hopefully i'll hit my product use up goals by the end of the year but so far so good for using products up

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
hit: a successful finger detangling session this wash day

a hit and a miss: design essentials curlforming custard

hit: from wash to style and tshirt on it took 1 hour or less today

hit: using up this stash, i'm thinking with as much as i'm using hopefully i'll hit my product use up goals by the end of the year but so far so good for using products up
You’re always in the empties thread. I love to see it. Sometimes I wish I were heavier handed so I could empty products quicker lol

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
You’re always in the empties thread. I love to see it. Sometimes I wish I were heavier handed so I could empty products quicker lol
thanks. yes that's something i really like about my hair, but i do think i may have to start being lighter handed. not this wash day but my a recent wash day i had a little buildup so i'm going to have to start being lighter handed. we'll see how that goes and how that affects me using up products.

Ty1994

✨✨✨
Reaction score
Reactions
67,673 2,965 975
Alleybux
Bitchhhhh this is the best blow dryer. I’ll never buy/use a traditional one again. It got my hair super straight and worked fast. I didn’t even have to use it on high heat either :b72 like I really felt safe using this and was not stressing about potential heat damage
D9259855-F3F4-4633-A001-C7D4BDA605A6.png

Ty1994

✨✨✨
Reaction score
Reactions
67,673 2,965 975
Alleybux
HITS:
- detangling and twisting in the shower this saves so much time omg

-twist out on blow dried hair

dreamily

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
691 10 1
Alleybux
Hits:
Pre-pooing and finger detangling before washing hair
- Saves so much time and makes the shower detangling process so much easier!!!

dreamily

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
691 10 1
Alleybux
Maybe: Texture ID Coils Detangling Shampoo

Idk this made my hair feel kind of dry every time I use it yet it claims to be a moisturizing shampoo? Im confused cause it has good reviews. It does cleanse well though.

smartz_22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,116 170 17
Alleybux
I love puff cuffs junior but recently bought the cantu hair clip and I really like it. It makes my ponytail look fuller. I might get another one.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Hits:

Matcha Boost by Ecoslay:
This felt great when applying to my hair and amazing washing out. My hair had a lot of volume and length after washing this out. I am high porosity so my hair was loving this, I only put it on my hair for less than 15 minutes. I am definitely adding this to my regime since my hair felt really soft afterwards.

Curlastic (?) Deep Conditioner by Soultanicals:
This felt really good and my hair soaked it up after the protein treatment. I loved how it rinsed out and felt my hair was moisturized! I don't think I like it more than my Chebe deep conditioner from them though

Banana Cream Deep Conditioner by Ecoslay:
I used it as a leave in, my hair soaked it up and I only used about two dime sized for my thick hair. I really liked it for a leave in!

Maybe:
Tea Rinse by Ecoslay:
I didn't really feel that much when rinsing my hair after spraying this in my hair. It did feel a bit softer but that was it. I am glad I didn't pay the $17 she is asking on the website, I got it on sale so I am happy for that. I don't think I will be repurchasing after this use.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
delayed hit: ecoslay matcha, if it was in the same packaging i would for sure never buy it again but ecoslay is changing their packaging so we'll see. it was a delayed effect but my hair strand is so strong, i think it's even stronger then when i do my diy treatment w/ henna, conditioner, chebe, and added hydrolyzed wheat protein and neutral filler protein. it might be tied with my prota sil. also its not too bad to rinse out. it just has to be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Hit:

Kazmaleje Brush! Didn’t feel like it was ripping out of my hair like the tangle teezer! I really liked it

Mane Krush Prepoo - Amazing amazing amazing. So much slip!

Quatum Clarifying Shampoo - HIT. Curls were defined like I did a detox

Continued Hit: Matcha Boost by ecoslay. My hair is soaking this up and loving it, my curls are so defined

Holy Grail Kinky Curly Curling Custard: I stopped using it for two weeks and I forgot why I love this so much. I am buying two 16oz right now. This mixed with the Jello Shot is my favorite duo.

maybe:
Super Rinse by Mane Krush - I think so is more for scalp issues which I don’t have. My scalp was tingling and it felt good.

Kurl-Tini by Mane Krush - This was really sticky and I had to scoop out of the jar. This was like fun puddy so I didn’t like scooping it out. This gel is developing a cast so I am happy with that, my hair is extremely soft. I’ll be able to tell tomorrow once the gel settles in.

Overall, really good wash day in terms of trying new products. I do not like using so many products so I will cut the rinses out of my regime once I use them if I see no improvement. The prepoo took 45, then matcha took 5 then another 30 minutes for deep conditioning is a bit too much since I usually take about an hour for wash day and an hour for styling.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
HIT:

Kurl-Tini Gel!!!

This combo with kinky curly is really nice! I do have some frizz but I really need a hooded dryer for wash and go’s and will be doing that soon. the definition is there though!

it won’t replace my Jell-O shot but it is up there

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
Miss

Soultanicals Slip n Slide Knot Proof Hair Glide

Tries this about 3 times to gather my thoughts and I don’t like it. There’s zero slip, and my hair never feels softened/conditioned when I put this in vs my other leave ins. It also smells like coconuts. I don’t like it but if it gave me good results I wouldn’t mind. This is a no for me. I much prefer Frizz Whiz

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
miss: ecoslay banana cream and it's poor consistency

hit and miss: uniqurl moisture fantasy moisturizing conditioner. my hair felt very nice even after shampooing but it made a small spot on my scalp itch and idk what thats about

hit and miss: she scent it okra hair repair reconstructive conditioner my hair felt dry after using this but it's strengthening so i'm too bothered by it and it was good to detangle with

miss: lusters pink kids curl creation custard for twists & braids. it's a drippy mess and i hate that. and it's not clumping like i prefer for my gels to be, also not smoothing for me.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
hit: mane krush ayurvedic prepoo. this felt nice, i wonder if i could detangle with it
hit: eden bodyworks natural pudding souffle. this was nice and smoothing
hit: design essentials almond & avocado defining creme gel. this had a nice gluey texture that i like.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
BEST INVESTMENT EVER:
338727-01.png

This truly changed the game for me. I should have bought this soon because I have never seen my hair look like this in my years of being natural. Usually my hair is a lot shorter after diffusing with my big one but Dyson's diffuser+Hair dryer just froze my hair in place and KEPT my length!!! Not only it kept my length but my hair is extremely defined and dried insanely fast. I loved that I went with my gut to not buy a hooded dryer because this hair dryer is the business. It never felt too hot on my scalp either which was a huge plus. I still have some damp places but that's just gel since I was a bit heavy handed today. I even timed myself and it took less than 30 minutes but I think I could cut that in half since I've never worked with a diffuser like this before.

I will stretch my hair tomorrow with one of the nozzles too!

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
I stretched my hair out today and my hair is so long and defined. I am in love with it.
I used my Dyson last wash day too and so far I really like it. I need to use it a few more times but so far it seems worth the money

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I used my Dyson last wash day too and so far I really like it. I need to use it a few more times but so far it seems worth the money

It's great and doesn't produce too much heat to the point where it's burning my scalp.

I got the comb attachment is well so I will be using it soon as well.

My hair really is loving this right now.

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
It's great and doesn't produce too much heat to the point where it's burning my scalp.

I got the comb attachment is well so I will be using it soon as well.

My hair really is loving this right now.
Yeah I noticed that, and it also seemed to dry my hair pretty fast too. Faster than my other blow dryer. I’m excited to use it more

CatchThesehandsHOE

Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Hit: Revlon one step paddle brush dryer
My equinox shears

Hit and miss:

Still love the eco slay DC but it has big ass chunks that aren't mixed well
Other miss-- the new cover they use on the eco slay DC didnt close.
Papaya castor cleanser from EBW--its great but it doesnt really clean anything. I just used it as a mid week wash cause I busted my braidout. Has great slip and good moisture

Last edited:

GoldenCam44

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
118 1 3
Alleybux
Hit: Wash and go combo-Uncle Funky CM and Ecoslay JS. My WNG last 6 days before it started to get frizzy but I don't mind the frizz. I am definitely purchasing some more JS.

smartz_22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,116 170 17
Alleybux
Hit: Kazmaleje brush - wow this is REALLY. detangler. I didn't even need to follow up with a comb to get rid of shed hair. I'm even able to glide my hands through my hair; something I could never do after detangliing. I'm really impressed. This has beat every detangler I own out the water. Time will tell if it holds up

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
Hit

NaturelleGrow Marshmallow DC

I see why people love this. It started to detangle and soften my hair as soon as it came in contact. It absorbed well and my hair felt nice and moisturized when I rinsed. The smell is interesting. Not sure how to put my finger on it. Not awful. This’ll probably be a repeat purchase for me.

Curl Origin Overnight Moisture Mask
Took me a few uses to see, but I do really like this. It also starts to detangle and soften as soon as it hits the hair. It absorbs easily and spreads well. You’ll get more uses out of this than a normal 8 oz Dc. This also leaves my hair nice and moisturized when I rinsed. I thought it’d be a somewhat dupe for my She Scent It Tahiti Cocktail DC. I feel like SSI beats it by a little, but this is still bomb. The smell is kinda perfumey. Not overly strong and not my fave scent.

CatchThesehandsHOE

Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Glad you like it. One of my faves and I get way more than the standard 3 uses out of 8oz products. It is very perfume-y. I havent used it since last year but I will use it next week.
Curl Origin Overnight Moisture Mask
Took me a few uses to see, but I do really like this. It also starts to detangle and soften as soon as it hits the hair. It absorbs easily and spreads well. You’ll get more uses out of this than a normal 8 oz Dc. This also leaves my hair nice and moisturized when I rinsed. I thought it’d be a somewhat dupe for my She Scent It Tahiti Cocktail DC. I feel like SSI beats it by a little, but this is still bomb. The smell is kinda perfumey. Not overly strong and not my fave scent.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
hit: my last wash day with the ecoslay banana and jello shot, the cast just started to break on the 5th day and my hair was so soft under the cast. the type of wash n go you can, once the cast breaks, separate for DAYS and still keep all the definition. it could have easily lasted a week and a day.

miss: my ayurvedic prepoo, too much powder not enough conditioner.

hit and miss: uniqurl fantasy conditioner i really like the tingle from it but i haven't forgotten it making my scalp itch last time which is why i just used it as a rinse out.

tentative hit: camille rose curl maker underneath jello shot. that section had the application i loved the most, the curl maker feels better on naked hair than the curly magic does.

hit: finger detangling, i actually had a nice finger detangling session seems to only happen when i'm in a pensive mood lol

miss: finger detangling. i hate having hair on my hands and i know this and i still keep trying thinking one day i'll get over it lol.

not a hit or a miss: ecoslay jello shot really sticks to the hair. if i used it on a regular basis i could never cowash it needs to be shampooed out.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Leaning more towards MISS:

Naturelle Grow Mega Strength Deep Conditioner: This did not feel that moisturizing when putting on, I did leave it in for 20 minutes and it felt nice but the minute it was washed out. I had no moisture.

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
Leaning more towards MISS:

Naturelle Grow Mega Strength Deep Conditioner: This did not feel that moisturizing when putting on, I did leave it in for 20 minutes and it felt nice but the minute it was washed out. I had no moisture.
It sounds like it’s because you used this after a protein treatment. Sounds like it was too much strength at one time

Warm As The Sun

THE YELLOW RANGER
Reaction score
Reactions
6,576 259 16
Alleybux
Miss: Nature's Little Secret Irish Moss Styling Cream

I really want to love this product but it dries my hair out in like 2 days and I get tons of flakes. I tried it 3 times so far and tried pairing it with different leave-ins but I guess my hair just hates it. I do like the smell though.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
It sounds like it’s because you used this after a protein treatment. Sounds like it was too much strength at one time

I’m not sure since the protein on the ingredients list of the Naturelle grow is pretty far down on that list.

But I will see when I wash my hair next week. I’m not going to do any protein, just a moisturizing deep conditioner for the week.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
not a hit or a miss: ecoslay jello shot really sticks to the hair. if i used it on a regular basis i could never cowash it needs to be shampooed out.

I noticed that depending on how much I put in one place in my hair, it takes forever to dry completely even with hair dryer.

CatchThesehandsHOE

Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Hit:
She scent it Tahiti cocktail mask

A beautiful product that allowed me to detangle and made my hair incredibly soft. It felt so good I didn't want to wash it out fully but I did since I have to blow dry my hair I did. This product is great and I want to add it to my favorites but I'll have to use it few more time. I used about 2oz so I'll be able to get 4 total uses out of this 8oz container.

Compared to the royal honey mask from the same brand. This product absorbs immediately into your strands and allows you to detangle within two minutes of application making this a great deep conditioner to use in the shower.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
I noticed that depending on how much I put in one place in my hair, it takes forever to dry completely even with hair dryer.
yeah i don't pay attention too much to the time it takes but i know for sure even if i air dry overnight it's not dry for a while. air drying took like 24 hours and then i also had to hit it with some heat. i wills ay this gel really likes to be dried with heat, i don't get much of a cast if i don't hit it with heat.

miss: double gel with the jello shot. it's too soft. but it's hot and i'm in the south so it's humid. i prefer it more with an actual leave in. i get a better cast that way.

CatchThesehandsHOE

Reaction score
Reactions
22,819 551 268
Alleybux
Hit
Camille rose Ginger Rinse

I know that there has been formula change and this is my first time purchasing this product so I cant compare the two. But, I think this is a good product. It doesn't leave my hair stripped but gives a good clean for the scalp. If this was on sale on Camille rose I would repurchased it when I run out of all my shampoos.

Comparison: not as moisturizing as Tgin rose shampoo but not as stripping as eden body works peppermint shampoo. A good middle ground.

Last edited:

virgoprincess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,066 60 58
Alleybux
Hit

FeIicia Leatherwood: revisited this and I really like this brush. Shedding was minimal, didn’t feel like it was tugging or Ripping out my hair.

Briogeo Don’t despair, repair DC: this DC feels so smooth and silky! It spreads very easily and it really penetrated my strands

TGIN Green tea leave-in: An oldie but a goodie. I hadn’t used it in a minute and was reminded of how luxurious it feels going on, slip was decent

Camille rose coconut water leave-in: it was good, the slip wasn’t as good as the TGIN leave-in (I used them both last night) and out of all my leave-ins, I’ve always felt its been okay in terms of slip. I wouldn’t repurchase this though

Unsure

Tangle teaser ultimate: this detangle my hair like It’s NOTHING. The only tool other than Kazmaleje that gives me pretty minimal shedding. However, I know others in the past mentioned TT shredding their ends over time. I got a trim about a week before using this brush and after using I found a split end. I only found one, but that still makes me weary.