Official Hits and Misses Thread!

Kkgg59

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,189 418 217
Alleybux
Miss: Cantu Flaxseed Cream Gel.

My usually products were delivered to the wrong house and had to find something until I could get them. This stuff smells like nail polish remover and it balls up in my hands. Never had a product smell or act like that. Lol was too scared to try it and threw in the trash.

Hit: Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

A new favorite. Smells and looks like frosting. Provides so much moisture and slip for my type 4 hair when I had it in twists for a week. I was surprised it gave me some curl definition to. My hair didn't like the almond jai twisting butter, but love this one.

Last edited:

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
not a hit or miss: ecoslay matcha wasn't as strengthening this time but that was probably because of the uncle funkys making my hair really moisturized

hit: bobeam stimulate condish. my hair was really stripped after shampooing and this made my hair feel nice, i used it as a rinse out and left it in maybe 5 minutes. decent.

neither a hit or a miss: product junkie naturals honey whipped flaxseed gel buttercream. my hair dried fast, this makes my hair feel like it doesn't have much moisture in it when i put it on but it doesn't dry out my hair. at least i don't think it does.

not a hit or a miss: finger detangling. i know i'm no longer in a pensive mood because finger detangling felt a bit like a task but i don't hate it as much. i know there are still tangles in my hair but i'm not as pressed about that, i'll get it the next time i use a comb, i hope i find my kazmalaje by the next time i do my hair. i have 0 idea of where i put it.

miss: sleeping without anything on my hair for a few days, i feel a couple ssks so i'm going to need to trim especially in the back of my hair. i'm just going to dust because i'm not pressed about it and i don't like trimming my own hair anymore.

hit: my butter. i love how smooth and coated, in a good way, my hair feels.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Ya'll...... I cannot stop looking at my hair. I did a Kimberly Cherrell killer wash and go combo and ya'll... This one right HEREEEEEEEE:

MEGA HIT:

1623472434511.jpeg

paired with Jello-Shot

3899a584da5c91092d72f88932699904.gif

Kimberly, if you read this: YOU DID THAT SIS.

Hit:
fd7fb802-2e0e-4051-80f1-cdbd913e94bc_1.6ad97c29f773a1acda1885b748f0ae39.jpeg

I applied this in the shower right after washing out my deep conditioners and it was really moisturizing. I sealed it with a blend of sealant oils I had mixed and left it sit while I finished my shower. My hair was so moisturized.

HIT:
soultanicals-afrotastic-curl-elastic-deep-conditioning-treat-deep-conditioner-soultanicals-552699_300x300.jpg

I love this now. It worked really well this time around versus the last time I tried it.

HIT:
Washing my hair in sections again, I was able to keep my hair detangled versus washing it all together.

Kinda Miss:
s530451566641999007_p90_i1_w3024.jpeg

This is a mess on dripping wet hair, it's like a clay mask! It does wash out nice and detangles my hair well but I don't really see the hype around it. Does anyone own this?

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
This is a mess on dripping wet hair, it's like a clay mask! It does wash out nice and detangles my hair well but I don't really see the hype around it. Does anyone own this?
i've used it but i didn't use it to detangle i did think it was smooth and felt like it might be good to detangle with. i have a 2nd jar that i'll try that with when i get around to it. i wasn't in love with it though.

virgoprincess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,066 60 58
Alleybux
Hit

FeIicia Leatherwood: revisited this and I really like this brush. Shedding was minimal, didn’t feel like it was tugging or Ripping out my hair.

Briogeo Don’t despair, repair DC: this DC feels so smooth and silky! It spreads very easily and it really penetrated my strands

TGIN Green tea leave-in: An oldie but a goodie. I hadn’t used it in a minute and was reminded of how luxurious it feels going on, slip was decent

Camille rose coconut water leave-in: it was good, the slip wasn’t as good as the TGIN leave-in (I used them both last night) and out of all my leave-ins, I’ve always felt its been okay in terms of slip. I wouldn’t repurchase this though

Unsure

Tangle teaser ultimate: this detangle my hair like It’s NOTHING. The only tool other than Kazmaleje that gives me pretty minimal shedding. However, I know others in the past mentioned TT shredding their ends over time. I got a trim about a week before using this brush and after using I found a split end. I only found one, but that still makes me weary.
Y’all… I did not use the TGIN leave-in but the conditioner smh. Good news is: This conditioner works great as a leave-in lol! The amount of moisture I got was really surprising because i used it today as a rinse-out and my hair felt dry after

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
miss: this heat. it's hot. i want to wash my hair. if i can find my mousse bottle i think i'm going to just go leave in + mousse (and sometimes oil/butter) for the summer and keep things light. hopefully i can find my mousse bottle.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
-mane krush klay wash - hit, scalp tingles lasted for a while and i could finger detangle with it, it wasn't amazing for slip but pretty good.
-uniqurl old aloemint daily moisturizing leave in spray - hit this reactivated the scalp tingles from the mane krush and boosted it. my scalp is still tingling a little bit and it's at least an hour later. miss because it's not that moisturizing and doesn't have much slip.
-nairobi texturizing styling lotion concentrate diluted w/ 50 percent water in a spray bottle. not a hit or miss yet. hair seems like it'll be defined but i'm not sure if it'll last. i do love the quick dry time.

virgoprincess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,066 60 58
Alleybux
HIT

Curls blueberry bliss leave-in: I think it was @hereforhair that talked about this before but thank you for speaking so highly of this! It was very lightweight, had good slip, and so far my hair feels moisturized. I haven't Taken my twists down yet but it’s feeling good! Can’t believe it took me so long to reply.

I think this could be a staple but let’s so how the 2nd and 3rd try goes…

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
HIT

Curls blueberry bliss leave-in: I think it was @hereforhair that talked about this before but thank you for speaking so highly of this! It was very lightweight, had good slip, and so far my hair feels moisturized. I haven't Taken my twists down yet but it’s feeling good! Can’t believe it took me so long to reply.

I think this could be a staple but let’s so how the 2nd and 3rd try goes…
Omg I haven’t talked about this product in forever! Glad you remembered my suggestion :sob: And I’m glad you love it. Now you’re making me want to buy it again!

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
miss: finger detangling. i wanted to make sure it wasn't me or my technique but no. finger detangling just sucks. it's okay for midweek or something but my hair is too prone to wanting to loc, i had mini locs in my hair like what the kink talks about in this vid. hopefully this ends my experimentation with finger detangling. my hair does also when detangling, depending on the tool, go straightish after brushing.

hit: the kazmalaje brush is still the queen of detangling for me. love it.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
not a hit or a miss: beau peep radiant, i was able to detangle with it but it wasn't the most amazing detangler i've ever used. it did feel nice in my hair after rinsing out/cowashing though.

semi miss: she scent it avocado moisturizing conditioner. it feels smoothing on application but doesn't feel as moisturizing as the sugar peach

semi miss: she scent it sugar peach conditioner. it feels moisturizing and has a nice coating thick consistency but doesn't feel like i could detangle with it.

semi hit: nairobi texturizing styling lotion concentrate diluted w/ 50 percent water in a spray bottle. it foams and smooths in my hair, over the sugar peach i felt like i could almost detangle with it. dries really fast but it should it's a mousse. i'm excited to keep using this for the summer and play around with the concentration.

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
not a hit or a miss: beau peep radiant, i was able to detangle with it but it wasn't the most amazing detangler i've ever used. it did feel nice in my hair after rinsing out/cowashing though.

semi miss: she scent it avocado moisturizing conditioner. it feels smoothing on application but doesn't feel as moisturizing as the sugar peach

semi miss: she scent it sugar peach conditioner. it feels moisturizing and has a nice coating thick consistency but doesn't feel like i could detangle with it.

semi hit: nairobi texturizing styling lotion concentrate diluted w/ 50 percent water in a spray bottle. it foams and smooths in my hair, over the sugar peach i felt like i could almost detangle with it. dries really fast but it should it's a mousse. i'm excited to keep using this for the summer and play around with the concentration.
Girl you really make me want to try that SSI Sugar peach :cry: Sad it’s no longer on their site

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
Maybe one day she will bring it back. Or make an improved rinse out conditioner.
Did she have a whole line of products? Honestly a sugar peach scent just sounds so amazing omg, especially for summer

K4n7upbub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,599 1,568 251
Alleybux
Did she have a whole line of products? Honestly a sugar peach scent just sounds so amazing omg, especially for summer
Honestly I'm not sure. I never got to experience that conditioner. But I agree that it would be great for summer and another contender in the peach wars (i.e. between Nature's Little Secret and Miche).

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
Girl you really make me want to try that SSI Sugar peach :cry: Sad it’s no longer on their site

Maybe one day she will bring it back. Or make an improved rinse out conditioner.

Honestly I'm not sure. I never got to experience that conditioner. But I agree that it would be great for summer and another contender in the peach wars (i.e. between Nature's Little Secret and Miche).
i think the plum nectar and agave was meant to replace it. i asked them back in 2020 about if they were bringing it back and they said they were dropping something to replace it for black friday 2020 and the plum nectar line dropped around then.
also my fav the marshmallow herbal hair cream was discontinued and the closest product to it, shescentit said is, the moisture pro triple butter heavy cream. i have the moisture pro but i don't think i've used it yet.

that sugar peach was literally the first conditioner that sunk into my hair and made my hair super soft and defined to the root. i'm going to be sad when it's gone just for the memories, i gave one away to a family member who was struggling with their hair and it helped her out and really made her hair nice and soft. idk what she's going to do when it's gone lol.

sn: i purchased it back in 2018 and it's still good. it's almost 3 years old and still smells great and works well.

edit: and no i think it was just a standalone conditioner so i guess she's moving to lines instead of individual products. :(

Last edited:

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux

update to both of these, moisture wise the sugar peach wins. the avocado side already feels a little parched compared to the sugar peach side.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
Dang. She needs to bring back the Sugar Peach.
yes, if you feel so inclined email her and let her know you're interested. i hope she does bring it back. i bought a couple of them because they were so hyped on lhcf if i would have known it was being discontinued i would have cleared it out, it's still one of my fav leave ins after all the stuff i've tried and 3 years. i need to find something that's better than this in my stash so i'm probably going to put it to the side and only pull it out for comparisons. the only thing to come close was mane krush kurls on the rox but i prefer the application of the sugar peach to the application of the kurls on the rox. moisture wise they're both on par though.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
HIT:
HighPorosityStylingCustard_720x.png

This really shocked me on how well this defined my hair. I really thought it wasn't doing anything but I was wrong once my hair dried. Plus my hair is really soft.

Unsure HIT:
HighPorosityAllInOneConditioner_720x.png

Used as a leave in and it did really moisturize my hair but I actually like my $5.99 African Pride Leave In Cream a bit versus this one.

HIT:
file.jpg

I used this alone and I loved it. I used it 2 weeks ago when I already did a protein treatment and it was too much. The good sis @hereforhair was right because this deep conditioner felt completely different once I used it alone.

I'll be using this biweekly and my protein treatments biweekly as well so I can use the products up.

Overall my hair feels great.

Edit: Forget to say that I used Kinky Curly and Taliah Waajid curl defining cream together and did not like the results. I honestly think Kinky Curly works better with just a leave in and a topper gel.

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
HIT:
HighPorosityStylingCustard_720x.png

This really shocked me on how well this defined my hair. I really thought it wasn't doing anything but I was wrong once my hair dried. Plus my hair is really soft.

Unsure HIT:
HighPorosityAllInOneConditioner_720x.png

Used as a leave in and it did really moisturize my hair but I actually like my $5.99 African Pride Leave In Cream a bit versus this one.

HIT:
file.jpg

I used this alone and I loved it. I used it 2 weeks ago when I already did a protein treatment and it was too much. The good sis @hereforhair was right because this deep conditioner felt completely different once I used it alone.

I'll be using this biweekly and my protein treatments biweekly as well so I can use the products up.

Overall my hair feels great.

Edit: Forget to say that I used Kinky Curly and Taliah Waajid curl defining cream together and did not like the results. I honestly think Kinky Curly works better with just a leave in and a topper gel.
Woo!! Glad my suggestion helped!!

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
semi hit: beau peep raidant as a predetangler did have a bit of slip and i made my hair feel fortified while detangling. when rinsed out it felt nice and a little moisturized, just a little.

miss: she scent it avocado moisturizing conditioner i could not detangle easily with it. when i rinsed my hair out this felt like a cowash.

semi miss: she scent it papaya ultra nourish conditioner. i could detangle easier with this compared to the avocado moisturizing conditioner but not as well as the radiant. when i rinsed my hair out my hair felt smooth on this side but not moisturized.

miss: scent it marula hemp hair cream, this doesn't have anything on the marshmallow hair cream. i'll try to remember to use more water when i use it next.

semi miss: nairobi texturizing styling lotion concentrate diluted w/ 50 percent water in a spray bottle. i have to use so much of this when i use it, i mean it's not really a miss since i can buy it in concentrate form and i don't care that i use a lot, i just don't like that using a lot means my hair will be wet for longer, but its not as bad using gel in this heat so i can't complain too much.

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux
Hit
Uniqurl Aloe Silkening DC

First reviewed this forever ago and I was lukewarm on it. But at the time I was using other protein items in my hair (namely rice water) so my hair wasn’t responding well to a lot of items. Used it again this wash day and my hair felt nicely moisturized and slightly strengthened. Really really nice. Still smells like a York peppermint patty, and I felt the slip was better with my last jar than this one, but it still wasn’t bad.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
MISS: Not using a strong gel lmfao

My wash and go already puffed up. It’s extremely soft but I think my hair just needs a stronger hold. Going back to Jello Shot.

BlahGirl

FJB
Reaction score
Reactions
80,038 12,119 39,116
Alleybux
MISS!!!

the shampoo is terrible, its a battle to get it to lather, its like liquid. The leave in is meh, though it doubles as a conditioner. I like the curling product. I've brought it twice.

Page

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,835 1,602 571
Alleybux
Miss: Mane Krush Kurl Tini, Twist and Kurl Icing, a leave in and refresh spray. I don’t see the hype. I bought it based on being hyped up on here. Kurl Tini is drying. The twist icing doesn’t have any hold. When you pair them together, it still doesn’t do it.

MC Braid Out Glaze. It’s heavy and weighs down the hair from being picked out. It has good hold. But you’re limited with picking out for definition.
Products not sold in stores. People that strictly sale them online, a website. I’m finding that these concoctions sometimes irritate/ itch my scalp.

Last edited:

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
Miss: Mane Krush Kurl Tini, Twist and Kurl Icing, a leave in and refresh spray. I don’t see the hype. I bought it based on being hyped up on here. Kurl Tini is drying. The twist icing doesn’t have any hold. When you pair them together, it still doesn’t do it.

MC Braid Out Glaze. It’s heavy and weighs down the hair from being picked out. It has good hold. But you’re limited with picking out for definition.
Products not sold in stores. People that strictly sale them online, a website. I’m finding that these concoctions sometimes irritate/ itch my scalp.
most ppl are using the kurl tini just for the hold, it's like the jello shot it's not a moisturizing gel for many. sorry it sucked for you i haven't tried that icing yet. and yeah that braid out glaze is also a fav for many who want that weighted down wash n go it seems like you're looking for more weightless options. if you want a moisturizing gel i would go for she scent it apricot and illipe or black naps flaxseed elixir gel. those are pretty nice and moisturizing and can be used by themselves. they're not a ton of crazy weighty hold though but that might not be what you're looking for.

Last edited:

K4n7upbub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,599 1,568 251
Alleybux
most ppl are using the kurl tini just for the hold, it's like the jello shot it's not a moisturizing gel for many. sorry it sucked for you i haven't tried that icing yet. and yeah that braid out glaze is also a fav for many who want that weighted down wash n go it seems like you're looking for more weightless options. if you want a moisturizing gel i would go for she scent it apricot and illipe or black naps flaxseed elixir gel. those are pretty nice and moisturizing and can be used by themselves. they're not a ton of crazy weighty hold though but that might not be what you're looking for.
I can't find the SheScentIt Apricot and Illipe gel. I feel like it hasnt been on Hattache or the company site in at least a year.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
I can't find the SheScentIt Apricot and Illipe gel. I feel like it hasnt been on Hattache or the company site in at least a year.
girl i can't. she scent it discontinues everything i love from them. i didn't realize they discontinued it. you're right it look like they did. well black naps still has her flaxseed elixir and for me that was tied with the illipe gel. and i usually HATE most flaxseed gels so that's saying a lot.

K4n7upbub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,599 1,568 251
Alleybux
girl i can't. she scent it discontinues everything i love from them. i didn't realize they discontinued it. you're right it look like they did. well black naps still has her flaxseed elixir and for me that was tied with the illipe gel. and i usually HATE most flaxseed gels so that's saying a lot.
I will look up the black naps gel. I never got a chance to try out the apricot and illipe gel. I was holding out hope she would bring it back one day.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
I will look up the black naps gel. I never got a chance to try out the apricot and illipe gel. I was holding out hope she would bring it back one day.
this is the bad part about having a large stash by the time i get around to something to see if i even like it it's already discontinued lol. here's the link Reclaim Your Crown Curl Elixir

she has other products but i bought this when she was about to go out of business a while ago and she was sold out of the other stuff. but she's back now.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Kinda Miss:

Using Jelloshot alone. YA'LL.......... This hold is insane and I have no volume on the first day. This thang is sorcery, my hair didn't have that much of a cast but today it's insane! I stretched it with heat AND banding... No volume just a bunch of definition. Maybe I put too much since I do go ham on my gel but I am going to go back to layering my products and putting jelloshot on top.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
hit: tres life hydrolyzed wheat protein

semi hit: product junkie naturals maximum moisture deep conditioner passion fruit. reviewed in the empties thread.

semi hit: kurlee belle kurl defining creme. it wasn't easy to rake through my crown and it make my ends feel kinda bad when styling but it has a little cast and my hair has a okay mix of volume and definition, more volume than i would normally expect but we'll see how this wears.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
HIT:

Banding my hair extremely loosely in four large sections, after taking out the bands I lightly mist my hair and go in with a hair dryer to stretch it for a few seconds. I really love my results.

HIT: Ecoslay banana cream and jelloshot combo

Even the owner suggests this combo and I didn't try it. @Chrysanthemum posted it on the wng combos nd I was like what the hell. All the leave-ins I tried under gels wouldn't hold my hair the way I want to so I started doing the double gel method. But Jelloshot is all you need, if you want a softer feel instead of the crunch I would put kinky curly curling custard or ufd underneath before the jelloshot. I'm on day 3 with this combo and my hair hasn't lost definition like it would usually.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
Even the owner suggests this combo and I didn't try it. @Chrysanthemum posted it on the wng combos nd I was like what the hell. All the leave-ins I tried under gels wouldn't hold my hair the way I want to so I started doing the double gel method. But Jelloshot is all you need, if you want a softer feel instead of the crunch I would put kinky curly curling custard or ufd underneath before the jelloshot. I'm on day 3 with this combo and my hair hasn't lost definition like it would usually.
aye! i'm so glad you liked it!

BlahGirl

FJB
Reaction score
Reactions
80,038 12,119 39,116
Alleybux
MISS

Idk why but this product is soooo hard to get out, the leave in is super thick to get out. I don't like it, as for the product I'm not impressed

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,177 1,007 832
Alleybux
hit: diy ayurvedic conditioner it was nice and smooth this time almost a perfect consistency

semihit: moisture love shampoo this made my hair feel smooth but also stiff but it may be because of the ayurvedic prepoo already having henna in it and this also having a little bit of protein in it

hit: nairobi pamper plex. this helped me detangle so easily but this also had protein in it too

miss: curls dynasty kalahari smoothie leave in. compared to the she scent it i don't like it but we'll see how it wears

hit: nairobi texturizing styling lotion concentrate diluted w/ 50 percent water in a spray bottle

miss: nairobi recovery volumizing foam defining mousse diluted 50 percent with water in a spray bottle. this is drying.

i'm truly surprised by how much protein i used this wash day especially since i also used protein last wash day. my hair is pretty happy right now. i already know my hair loves protein but i really forget how much my hair eats it up.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Miss: Orange Marmalade by Ecoslay

This did nothing to me hair, it wasn’t even curling up properly. I was in a huge so I had to slap that baby on but it didn’t give me the definition I like

Hit: New Wash and Go method
i was in a rush today so I needed to do a wash and in 15 to 20 minutes y’all. I already have my hair in 4 sections and twisted up so I take down the twist and work in those two sections I split when making the twist. I put a good size amount of product on the big section before going in and splitting up that big section into two sections. I put more product on those two small sections and my hair was done in 15 minutes. Y’all understand right? Lol

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I forgot:

HIT: Kinky Curly Knot Today

Haven't used this leave in conditioner in years and ohmygod... I love it! Glided on so smoothly!