Quantcast

Official Houseplants Only Thread

OneTwoThree

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,812 525 142
Alleybux
I haven't seen any plants that I want at the greenhouse. I'll just focus on the plants that I have. I have been propagating, so I should have a lot of fuller pots in the spring. I will have to upsize pots, too.
There are tons of plants that I want. lol. But I'm trying my best to adopt this mentality as well, to avoid spending my entire savings on my plant children. lol.

So with that mindset, I'm considering a chop and prop for my variegated monstera adansonii, but I'm scared to cut it because it was so expensive. lol. It's only two little stems, but one of them is far greener than the other and I'm considering cutting it back to preserve the variegation and make it bushier. Maybe I'll wait a little longer... Ugh. Decisions... Decisions....

I think I posted about my sad imports in a different thread. They are slowly recovering, which is great. Two of my fiddle leaf figs and my regular monstera adansonii are problem children. Just struggling. I don't want to stress them out too much but maybe I'll focus on those.

I'm surprised I've kept some plants that I've struggled with in the past, alive for so long and they are thriving. String of herts and piles I'm looking at you. Great jobs kids!

The rest of the kids are doing great though.

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,191 624 51
Alleybux
Repotted at least 80% of my plants. Fairy Castle is turning back green. I got rid of some jade propagation. Condensed some jade into 1 pot. Pruned a few other jade pots. Rebooting the mother Jade.

I wan to get rid of the spider plant but I have no plan that can survive the location it's in. But the pot. I want the pot. I just don't have a good location big enough with enough light for any other plant.

I said for months that I was going to sew my own planter but...the fabric too nice for all of that. I bought pot on Walmart instead. LOL. I still want a pilea and a plant with colorful leaf. Just something other than green. I'm not into flowers. I'm more so an "it has interesting leaves" kind of hoarder. I was gifted a fuzzy kalanchoe. I must figure out how to make it bigger.

Papaya

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,222 247 34
Alleybux
anyone know about mini roses? I got one from Trader Joe's for $5.99 but after looking it up on line, seems like it is a temporary plant? idk

OneTwoThree

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,812 525 142
Alleybux
I hope this thread comes alive, now that it's SPRING!

I want to an Equagenera pop-up shop recently (drove over an hour to get there). It was pretty cool. Picked up a Florida Ghost and a Brantianum. Love them both. But when I got home, I realized that I already have a Brantianum in my collection. SMH. lol. Oh well... I also got a few others plants from the nursery that was hosting the event. Mostly Hoyas. Maybe I'll come back with pics of my haul later.

Updates... Most of my plants are doing pretty well.

THE GOOD...my pilea is doing incredibly well. I can't believe how much it's grown and it's putting out pups. I found a variegated string of pearls and I'm in love. My Thai Cons are doing well and making me proud. Someone on Reddit posted theirs after 3 months and they are way larger than mine after 6 months. lol. Not trying to compare them though. I'm still very happy with mine.

THE BAD... The newest leaf on my giant Monstera Deliciosa leaned into the grow light and burned as it was unfurling. So sad! My regular adansonii is hanging on for dear life. It was in bad shape when I got it. I tried to chop and prop, but it's still on the struggle bus.

Ordered some wall mounts from amazon. Gonna try hanging some plants in my home office next week. Fingers crossed that it looks nice.