Quantcast

***OFFICIAL*** Low Carb/Keto Diet Thread. Questions? Advice? Please come in.

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
I have a question about bloodwork for those that have consistently done keto. Did you find that your cholesterol levels came back just fine?

I’m contemplating keto (really not sure yet), but considering options and still figuring out my wellness journey

I came across a doctor on youtube last night (Dr. Berg) and he preaches that keto is the way to go for optimal health. I was just curious about cholesterol, because in my mind I’ve always thought increase in fats would increase that

I would say my eating habits right now consists mostly of protein and a crap ton of gluten free whole grains (brown rice pasta, quinoa, oats, etc), so basically high carb

Jesus, there’s so many experts that think one way is better than the other and all give such great evidence as to why :ROFLMAO: I know alot of it is trial and error and everyone figuring out what their body responds to best, but that makes it difficult
My cholesterol is high and has been since before Keto. I've lost a ton of weight but my cholesterol is the only thing that's still high.

kamiak

boston born
Reaction score
Reactions
668 14 1
Alleybux
My cholesterol is high and has been since before Keto. I've lost a ton of weight but my cholesterol is the only thing that's still high.
Thanks for sharing! I’ve heard that if it runs on a specific side of the family, it can be more difficult to get it down even while leading a healthier lifestyle, etc

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
Thanks for sharing! I’ve heard that if it runs on a specific side of the family, it can be more difficult to get it down even while leading a healthier lifestyle, etc
You're welcome! I've truly done an overhaul of my lifestyle, diet, and daily habits it baffles me!

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
I think I messed up keto. I only had a fried egg and beef bacon this morning and then in the evening I popped in a cauliflower cheese pizza by California pizza kitchen and made some asparagus. I need to be in the bed but it was hard going to sleep, it felt like my sugar was dropping and I was too hungry. So I ate the rest of the pizza. I checked the nutrition and it has 2g if added sugar. Smh

Lyra

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,879 1,193 960
Alleybux
I think I messed up keto. I only had a fried egg and beef bacon this morning and then in the evening I popped in a cauliflower cheese pizza by California pizza kitchen and made some asparagus. I need to be in the bed but it was hard going to sleep, it felt like my sugar was dropping and I was too hungry. So I ate the rest of the pizza. I checked the nutrition and it has 2g if added sugar. Smh

Don’t sweat it. It’s not like you knew and at the end of the day, you were genuinely hungry. It’s better that you ate versus winding yourself up and then binging or feeling miserable from not eating. Next time you know to find something else that fits within your carb allotment.

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
I've been on Keto two years and I mess up all the time. The key is just to get back to it when you can and stay consistent. You don't have to be perfect daily; just stay consistent.

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
I've been on Keto two years and I mess up all the time. The key is just to get back to it when you can and stay consistent. You don't have to be perfect daily; just stay consistent.
I just started on tues and now I’m starting over today.

Thanks for the words of encouragement y’all

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
Day 3 of keto and I’m feeling irritable. I’ve been irritable all day. Idk if it’s because of the caffeine or no sugar.

I want to order some keto snacks since it’s the weekend but I’m not sure when to incorporate that or it’s cool to get some day. I am going to be baking in a few days but I don’t feel like waiting.

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
Day 3 of keto and I’m feeling irritable. I’ve been irritable all day. Idk if it’s because of the caffeine or no sugar.

I want to order some keto snacks since it’s the weekend but I’m not sure when to incorporate that or it’s cool to get some day. I am going to be baking in a few days but I don’t feel like waiting.
It's probably your body detoxing from the sugar. Stay strong! Some of my favorite keto snacks are : sugar free jello, russell stover sugar free chocolate candies, werther's sugar free caramal chews, and pickles.

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
It's probably your body detoxing from the sugar. Stay strong! Some of my favorite keto snacks are : sugar free jello, russell stover sugar free chocolate candies, werther's sugar free caramal chews, and pickles.
Hey girl, I hope all is well :)

I ended up just getting some highkey cookies until I bake some. I even tried a keto cinnamon roll recipe which will be in rotation. I think next grocery list I’ll add some fruit and maybe get some protein chips and pickles.

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
day 7? Of keto and I feel like I’m not eating enough fat. I did put some butter , some sour cream and cheese in my mashed cauliflower and I prepped some egg bites adding cheese but i still feel like I’m not getting enough fat. I should have added salmon instead of shrimp to my meal prep but it’s ok because I’m gonna make salmon in a few days with some collard greens.

And I just bought groceries last week. I may have to suck it up and get more this week making sure I get more healthy fatty foods.

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
Did I mess up keto again? I made burgers yesterday and used hamburger season by McCormick. I just looked on the back and sugar is in the ingredients smh. But it’s not listed in nutrition label.

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
Did I mess up keto again? I made burgers yesterday and used hamburger season by McCormick. I just looked on the back and sugar is in the ingredients smh. But it’s not listed in nutrition label.

You will be fine. I try to do low sugar when no sugar isn't possible.

ILoveMyGirls

HEAD BARB * NAVY
Reaction score
Reactions
43,284 9,520 991
Alleybux
I have been keto and my weight is coming down. Currently 160 lbs. I have PCOS and after having my children my hormones got outta control. I have now gotten it back under control.

Prior to children I was always keto.

BlickBlick

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
63,098 932 436
Alleybux
Going on 3 weeks and I’m down 5 lbs. I was expecting a lot less being that I only wanted to do this for a month. And it doesn’t help that I’m hungrier this week because of pms.

News Alley

Top Bottom