Quantcast

Official Power Book II hate thread

Crockpot

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,180 1,354 39
Alleybux
I think the main problem with the spin off is the lack of strong characters. There’s no one to root for. On the original show, characters like Proctor, Tommy, Lakeisha, Greg were characters you wanted to see make it somehow. They were all flawed but you felt something for them.

Also, the villains aren’t compelling enough. There isn’t a sense of tension, that leaves you on the edge of your seat. I never watch this show, and wonder how the main characters are going to survive the new threat.

Plus, the acting is horrible. Tariq is an unsympathetic character. He mumbles all of his lines. Nothing about his character comes of as strong or charismatic. I can take him or leave him.

Crockpot

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,180 1,354 39
Alleybux
I think they should’ve had a spin off for Proctor. There were so many interesting things they could’ve done with his character. It was a waste to kill his character off.

He was a excellent New York attorney, from a New York crime family. He had a drug addicted lawyer ex wife, and custody issues with his daughter. Debi Mazar was excellent in the one episode she was in, as aunt Delores. They had mob ties, and he defended a lot of crooked, dangerous people.

They could’ve written storylines around his clients, and family issues. His character was sympathetic and well acted by Jerry Ferrera. I would’ve loved to have seen him with his own show.

Last edited:

deewayne

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
525 109 202
Alleybux
Let me throw this clown in this hate thread too. He makes my skin crawl. Why does he still exist? At least Spanky was funny. He's just agg and stank looking. I hate his nose and his facial looks. Acts like he smells sh!t or something in every scene. Anyway him getting out on any kind of deal was cray. He needed to stay locked up. He must be blowing CK back out or something cause he's irrelevant. No one really fears his ass.

1540304814-power-michael-j-ferguson-2-bit.jpg
you buggin, he is hilarious

Kells

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
15,970 648 625
Alleybux
Why are people coming to the hate thread wanting to challenge our hate for the new show Lmaoooooooo why?????

Mereana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,099 359 310
Alleybux
THIS.

I do not understand the power behind Monet. They have literally no back up. I thought they were going to be a cartel-like family but they are just street pushers. In my mind, Monet was supposed to be equal to Tereza Mendosa from Queen of the South but she is a clown.

The whole Uni storyline about Canonical studies needs to DIE.
The professors are rank and the school scenes are stupid.

They need to get to the game and show Tariq acquiring POWER.

Here is a tip for free Power writers - go watch TOP BOY on Netflix and see how a real good drug game series is done! Top Boy was so good, Drake revived it and put his money behind it because it is REAL and RELATABLE to Londoners. It is not jokey like this new Power BooK II.
Top Boy is just on another level. The first series is art. It’s beautiful.

I agree with yours and everyone’s criticisms of Power II, but I still enjoy it. I think some of the writing can be a bit weak at times, so I just had a quick look at IMDb, and it seems a lot of them are relatively inexperienced or making their way up the ranks.. ok.

The whole professors storyline is whet? They’re both terrible doing terrible things, acted terribly by terrible actors. I hope they both die terrible deaths (the characters not the actors lol).

Even though the show has it’s weak moments with some weak acting, it’s still riveting to watch and the storyline moves along fast. It manages to control the tension nicely and catch you off guard occasionally.

I think we are seeing Tariq trying to acquire Power, but indirectly. I don’t think drug lords when they first start out say I’m gonna be a drug lord. They just wanna pay for their habit, and/or support themselves. Tariq needs to pay for his mother’s lawyer. Now he’s becoming more involved with Monet and her family, I think we may see more moves that way.

Anyway this show is about as realistic as Breaking Bad, and I just couldn’t get into that coz like really? A white HS teacher mixing it with the cartels? But I like Power II coz at least they dress better

Toniah

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,953 506 112
Alleybux
Nah bring the hate in the hate thread lol. Blame the writers for crappy writing during the final seasons of Power. It's not Ghost's fault they made him who he was.

If anything, Ghost failed his kids by not teaching them complications of being in the game. He just ignored it all together. The fact that Tariq never knew who he was or where he came from was sad
And not teaching Tariq how to square up in a life threatening situation smh

THOTTiana

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
407,430 14,868 2,468
Alleybux
And I am still pissed the fµck off at Courtney saying the entire series of Power is only in the span of 6 months when there are whole episodes of Tariq being in middle school, then high school and now college. Who the fµck ages 6-8 years in a span of 6 months especially when there's no proper setup to let the audience know that we're jumping ahead to the future??

Dumb sh!t like this irks my fµck!ng soul!
Lol huh? does she even watch her own show? the kids literally went from middle school to college and yaz is now 5/6.

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I think the main problem with the spin off is the lack of strong characters. There’s no one to root for. On the original show, characters like Proctor, Tommy, Lakeisha, Greg were characters you wanted to see make it somehow. They were all flawed but you felt something for them.

Also, the villains aren’t compelling enough. There isn’t a sense of tension, that leaves you on the edge of your seat. I never watch this show, and wonder how the main characters are going to survive the new threat.

Plus, the acting is horrible. Tariq is an unsympathetic character. He mumbles all of his lines. Nothing about his character comes of as strong or charismatic. I can take him or leave him.
I was going to bring up the mumbling again. I can't understand what he's saying half of the time and he's the star of the show. That's unacceptable. This should not be allowed. Michael Rainey Jr doesn't even sound that bad when he's not acting. Not perfect but better than the mumbling he does on the show.

I also agree that most of the actors on this show are not good. In the previous power people stood out for being bad (lala) because everyone else was carrying their weight.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
Why are people coming to the hate thread wanting to challenge our hate for the new show Lmaoooooooo why?????

That's Power folk sending their minions into here lol. They get mad when we bash the show lol. They are all in the weekly episode thread groaning the ones who said negative stuff about the episode.

Last edited:

YesTee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,501 216 106
Alleybux
This is the thread for me!
I agree with a lot of people on many different view points; especially killing off very likeable characters like Proctor, the show feeling like a teen drama at times, the inappropriate predatory teachers are unnecessary, Tasha’s scenes giving low effort and the Tejada family supposedly being so big and bad but suffering like they are. It’s not even believable for a big shot drug dealing family to be so accessible and easy to get to like they are. Where is security? Why are they so easily findable?
And the acting is terrible from a lot of the new characters. The only good, new additions to this show are Method Man and Woody MccClain. Method’s acting is pretty decent. Woody’s acting is great and he really brings his character to life. I’m sure they know that with all the positive feedback he’s getting so I’m sure they’re smart enough to keep him around. I admit I literally only watch the show to see if they will do more with Tasha, holding on to hope like an idiot and because Woody is fine af and I like watching him. Lbs. But at the same time Idk if I can keep watching after this season.

No way they should have started a show based on one of the most if not the most hated character. Then they’re going into another show about an irrelevant character like Kanan. If they were smart, they would have started the show with Tommy. Everybody likes Tommy. You get that core Power fan base back in with the same tone and characters people actually like.
I am not here for Courtney Kemp, how she drags black women in these shows not 50 cent.
I’m tired of supporting them.

Last edited:

Makeda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,196 1,378 189
Alleybux
I may be in the minority but I love Power Book lol. The first couple of episodes were a little slow but after episode 3 the show went on the road. I love Mary's character!

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
I just created a thread about it.

She be lying at times. I never listen to whatever she has to say as fact. She should be ashamed on how black women are portrayed on her show.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
I may be in the minority but I love Power Book lol. The first couple of episodes were a little slow but after episode 3 the show went on the road. I love Mary's character!

Mary needs to show more emotion and range. Missed a golden opportunity to do it when Dru got shot. She's just mad all the time but people wanna see her wild out more. She needs to give more effort and make that character memorable like a Cookie Lyon. Hopefully her acting improves as she goes on but i'm not feeling her portrayal of Monet at all. She has to BRANG it.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
This is the thread for me!
I agree with a lot of people on many different view points; especially killing off very likeable characters like Proctor, the show feeling like a teen drama at times, the inappropriate predatory teachers are unnecessary, Tasha’s scenes giving low effort and the Tejada family supposedly being so big and bad but suffering like they are. It’s not even believable for a big shot drug dealing family to be so accessible and easy to get to like they are. Where is security? Why are they so easily findable?
And the acting is terrible from a lot of the new characters. The only good, new addition to this show is Method Man and Woody MccClain. Method’s acting is decent. Woody’s acting is great and he really brings his character to life. I’m sure they know that with all the positive feedback he’s getting so I’m sure they’re smart enough to keep him around. I admit I literally only watch the show to see if they will do more with Tasha, holding on to hope like an idiot and because Woody is fine af and I like watching him. Lbs. But at the same time Idk if I can keep watching after this season.

No way they should have started a show based on one of the most if not the most hated character. Then they’re going into another show about an irrelevant character like Kanan. If they were smart, they would have started the show with Tommy. Everybody likes Tommy. You get that core Power fan base back in with the same tone and characters people actually like.
I am not here for Courtney Kemp, how she drags black women in these shows not 50 cent.
I’m tired of supporting them.

Proctor really didn't deserve to die. That was BS and I was mad when it happened. Once again the writers missed the boat with that character unless the guy who played Proctor wanted to move on. He actually had a following like Ghost and Tommy did.

YesTee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,501 216 106
Alleybux
Proctor really didn't deserve to die. That was BS and I was mad when it happened. Once again the writers missed the boat with that character unless the guy who played Proctor wanted to move on. He actually had a following like Ghost and Tommy did.
Agree. Based on his post when that episode aired, he seemed bummed and disappointed he was gone. That doesn’t mean anything and he still could’ve wanted to leave but I didn’t get that tone from his post. Idk. They just kill ppl off or never speak of them again. It’s stupid how we have never heard from Q anymore after Tasha set him up. So many characters and storylines have been dropped that I don’t understand how they just let the storylines disappear.

chumbawumba

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,755 730 206
Alleybux
Lol huh? does she even watch her own show? the kids literally went from middle school to college and yaz is now 5/6.

Yes girl! I had the same question!! LMAO! It just kills me every time I think about it.

That's why it was always cold on the show. They were in 1 long winter. Once I found out that the entire Power Book 1 show was a span of 6 months, I accepted it for what it was, lowered all expectations and suspended all belief.

CK should have never said that mess out loud. It's bad enough that there is no real passage of time on the show. It's a jumbled mess.

I hope she is a little better with Book 2 but I doubt we ever see these folks walking around in shorts and spring jackets.

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I'm super late on this but I just noticed Dru and Cane refer to their mom as Monet when they talk about her. It's kind of weird. I know some adults call their mom by their first name but still. I just noticed this in episode 9. It's weird.

SteeleHere

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,308 1,132 147
Alleybux
Powerbook is just 50 way of telling his side of the story about marquise
He said he gave him everything so he woukdnt have to have the life ge had orefame and ge rejected it which is why he no longer loves his son. Lowkey him shooting shawn n telling him he doesn't deserve to be his son always felt like a shot to marquise

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,605 18,050 3,372
Alleybux
Powerbook is just 50 way of telling his side of the story about marquise
He said he gave him everything so he woukdnt have to have the life ge had orefame and ge rejected it which is why he no longer loves his son. Lowkey him shooting shawn n telling him he doesn't deserve to be his son always felt like a shot to marquise

And this new Kanan spinoff is his bio serie :no2

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I just came in to add that zeke is fugly, a horrible actor and I peeped a southern accent. Is he even from up north? Why did they cast him? They couldn't find another tall guy who can play basketball?

Cersei L

Don't want my $hit to get soggy
Reaction score
Reactions
125,620 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
I swear this writing is bi polar. Tasha had no problem fingering Tommy in court but now she doesn't want to rat on him?

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
I swear this writing is bi polar. Tasha had no problem fingering Tommy in court but now she doesn't want to rat on him?

I just watched the season finale. Lawd the weak ones gonna think that was epic writing. :ROFLMAO: CK really trying to make b!tch ass Tariq bad ass but he still lame. Ain't no way a killer like Tommy would put himself in a position like that.

Whole episode was predictable. Monet beats Tommy? Yea right..

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
I just came in to add that zeke is fugly, a horrible actor and I peeped a southern accent. Is he even from up north? Why did they cast him? They couldn't find another tall guy who can play basketball?

He looks like he sniffs glue -- on camera and in real life too. He definitely special ed lol.

MrsWilliams

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,560 281 174
Alleybux
Let me throw this clown in this hate thread too. He makes my skin crawl. Why does he still exist? At least Spanky was funny. He's just agg and stank looking. I hate his nose and his facial looks. Acts like he smells sh!t or something in every scene. Anyway him getting out on any kind of deal was cray. He needed to stay locked up. He must be blowing CK back out or something cause he's irrelevant. No one really fears his ass.

1540304814-power-michael-j-ferguson-2-bit.jpg

Whew I real life have beef with this character. If this is the most obvious case of fµck!ng the boss. I aggressively hated him on Power. Which is one of the sole reason I vowed I wouldn’t watch anything else the fµck CK would do. If she would let dick blind her from a sh!t actor she can’t be trusted!

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,972 10,066 5,711
Alleybux
Yeah he sounded like he was from Virginia, lol

GoldenArmz

♎ Avi Credit: Rapper: Pink Siifu ♎
Reaction score
Reactions
31,650 3,726 337
Alleybux
It may already been mentioned I didnt read through every body posted but if I'm echoing anybody know that great minds think alike.

One thing that started bothering me is the Tasha scenario in prison and the storyline. We know shes in jail taken the fall for Tariq and Ghost is her husband.

One thing that bother me was the lack of the writers building angles to create a depth with Tasha character in prison. No scenes where shes getting tried.

As opposed to when James was in prisoned in he met Tommy pops (which created an whole angle) or the time James has dealing with Charlie Murphy or that one prisoner who Ghost took and broke his hand .

I feel like a character or something could've been add to the mix and we could've further see the meticulous of Tasha and how she maneuvers throughout Prison. Not her just getting a burner phone but actual scenarios.

Cersei L

Reaction score
Reactions
125,620 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
Ghost fans are walking contradictions like the character himself. You see a ninja in a suit and think he important. These mfs was breaking people out of federal custody....but a college student selling drugs is crazy?

Ghost fans are like Daenerys fans, just exhausting at this point

That fool wasn't sh!t like everybody else and granted I hated how he died but he was hardly this selfless, benevolent character.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
Ghost fans are like Daenerys fans, just exhausting at this point

That fool wasn't sh!t like everybody else and granted I hated how he died but he was hardly this selfless, benevolent character.

During the Power's height of popularity you could make a case he was the most recognized face at that time. Everybody and they momma knew who James St. Patrick was lol. He did foolishness but EVERYBODY loved that dude.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,216 1,419 321
Alleybux
It may already been mentioned I didnt read through every body posted but if I'm echoing anybody know that great minds think alike.

One thing that started bothering me is the Tasha scenario in prison and the storyline. We know shes in jail taken the fall for Tariq and Ghost is her husband.

One thing that bother me was the lack of the writers building angles to create a depth with Tasha character in prison. No scenes where shes getting tried.

As opposed to when James was in prisoned in he met Tommy pops (which created an whole angle) or the time James has dealing with Charlie Murphy or that one prisoner who Ghost took and broke his hand .

I feel like a character or something could've been add to the mix and we could've further see the meticulous of Tasha and how she maneuvers throughout Prison. Not her just getting a burner phone but actual scenarios.

Tasha's jail scenes were BORING! You mean to tell me the writer's couldn't cook up some more drama between her and the other prisoners? Maybe a fight scene with that lesbian butch CO who kept bugging her.

Even the lady who plays Tameka did a better job of keeping it real in jail on Chappelle's Show. :ROFLMAO:

Cersei L

Reaction score
Reactions
125,620 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
During the Power's height of popularity you could make a case he was the most recognized face at that time. Everybody and they momma knew who James St. Patrick was lol. He did foolishness but EVERYBODY loved that dude.

Of course but I don't know if Ghost will go down in history as one of the most memorable like Tony Soprano.

Tasha's jail scenes were BORING! You mean to tell me the writer's couldn't cook up some more drama between her and the other prisoners? Maybe a fight scene with that lesbian butch CO who kept bugging her.

Even the lady who plays Tameka did a better job of keeping it real in jail on Chappelle's Show. :ROFLMAO:

CK said in her IG live, She killed Raina because Raina was too good and there is no story there. Confirming she is a limited writer and storyteller.

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
Yep other than LSA weekly episode threads, I haven't seen anyone hyping this show up. It's never trending on social media like the old Power did nightly. Only performance that stands out is Caine. He's the star but get small camera time. MJB and Meth really didn't add anything special.
That’s right, Woody is the star who is carrying this damn show!! I don’t know what they’d do without him.

Hopefully, this show will open more doors for him, because this man has range. He went from playing Bobby Brown to a cold blooded killer. My ninja!!

Oh and I felt the chemistry between Dru and Tariq when they made eye contact at the bar. The part where Monet said they don’t mention Cane’s name anymore. LMAO!! You were right!!!

Last edited:

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
I'm super late on this but I just noticed Dru and Cane refer to their mom as Monet when they talk about her. It's kind of weird. I know some adults call their mom by their first name but still. I just noticed this in episode 9. It's weird.
Right, I guess it’s like when Joe Jackson had his kids call him Joe.