Not open for further replies.

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
Dont' make assumptions about what Jesus meant that how misinterpretation starts. They are several scriptures which speaks of dogs

The scriptures do refer to man having a soul only.

^^ than do not assume WOMEN have souls..

Imara

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 5 2
Alleybux
^^ than do not assume WOMEN have souls..

Is there something wrong with you? Who said women do not have souls. If you go back and read genesis when God said "mankind" he spoke of Adam & Eve because they were one. I am not really in the mood for holding bible study today.

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
Why are you SO NASTY?????????
IM just quoting what you said.. MAN has a soul..
I dont think christianity gave women souls till alot later...
who knows,, maybe dogs will get them soon..lol

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
Is there something wrong with you? Who said women do not have souls. If you go back and read genesis when God said "mankind" he spoke of Adam & Eve because they were one. I am not really in the mood for holding bible study today.

Imara

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 5 2
Alleybux
Genesis 1:26-27 says “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

HeChangedMe

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I hope they do! Mainly because I had to put my doggy to sleep in October, and I miss him terribly!

Ain't he beautiful? *sniff, sniff*

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
I hope they do! Mainly because I had to put my doggy to sleep in October, and I miss him terribly!

I'm sorry for your loss. I have lost two dogs. One died when I was eighteen, I had had him since I was four. The other died when I was 23, I had had her for two years. She had diabetes and we didn't know it. I understand your pain.

Indigo

Child of God!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,937 1 4
Alleybux
^^^ I find it interesting that Jesus would mention dogs here. This looks like one of those questions " what doesnt fit in this pattern "..lol Or something out of Harry Potter. I wouldnt take this literally. I highly doubt jesus thought dogs were evil or bad. If WE have souls, so do they.

I think by Dog.. Jesus meant, the closeminded people that manipulate and try to control everything instead of leaving it up to god.. Yanno the type, people that gossip, accuse,mislead, and try to oust a person that is GOOD, Because they are threatening to the "dog"

I agree it is probably something to fit with the other types listed as in another type of sinner that works against the will/commandments of God. I am sure someone will find what God has described as a "dog" in the Bible. I think there was something in Ezekiel.

^^^ I think I said that 2 pages ago..lol
E.T.A. That was meant for Indigo

I beg to differ. I did not state whether or not Jesus thinks dogs are good or evil. I mentioned nothing that implies whether or not I believe that animals have souls. I provided scripture from the Word of God and then I gave an indefinite answer based on my opinion.

Actually, I haven't been reading your posts but since you addressed me I went back to read them.

HeChangedMe

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I'm sorry for your loss. I have lost two dogs. One died when I was eighteen, I had had him since I was four. The other died when I was 23, I had had her for two years. She had diabetes and we didn't know it. I understand your pain.

While I hope they do, I doubt that they do. That's just something we'll have to wait and see!

My dog had a brain tumor that spread throughout his body. He was having seizures, losing weight, and couldn't control his bladder or bowels!

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
^^^ I find it interesting that Jesus would mention dogs here. This looks like one of those questions " what doesnt fit in this pattern "..lol Or something out of Harry Potter. I wouldnt take this literally. I highly doubt jesus thought dogs were evil or bad. If WE have souls, so do they.
@Indigo^^^ meaning Dogs do not fit in this sentence as we know them! Obviously they are not evil or bad and the rest are. Then i said I wouldnt take this literally because i highly doubt jesus found dogs to be evil or bad.( stressing my point) Then I left my opinion.. If we have souls, so do they. GEEZZZZZ

Indigo

Child of God!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,937 1 4
Alleybux
@Indigo^^^ meaning Dogs do not fit in this sentence as we know them! Obviously they are not evil or bad and the rest are. Then i said I wouldnt take this literally because i highly doubt jesus found dogs to be evil or bad.( stressing my point) Then I left my opinion.. If we have souls, so do they. GEEZZZZZ

The point is that you addressed me making a statement that something I stated was redundant of your posts. That was not true because you gave REASONS as to why you DOUBT what GOD MEANT. Then you went on to place animals in the same category with human beings -"If we have souls, so do they" (your words not mine). Therefore my post was not consistent with yours. God does not place mankind in the same category with beast.

Even if we were saying the same thing what's the point? This is a messageboard that happens. It shouldn't be a big deal. Most people just state that they agree. You want to argue and you've been trying very hard at it. It's not going to work with me. God has blessed me with a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I am about to go out and enjoy it.

:Banane11: Enjoy your day HoneyB!

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
While I hope they do, I doubt that they do. That's just something we'll have to wait and see!

My dog had a brain tumor that spread throughout his body. He was having seizures, losing weight, and couldn't control his bladder or bowels!

Oh wow, that's terrible. If I were going to believe that there was any animal going to heaven, I would have to say dogs. And I honestly do wonder that sometimes. It's like they have their own personalities, thoughts, affections, and they seem to get many illnesses similar to humans.

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
The point is that you addressed me making a statement that something I stated was redundant of your posts. That was not true because you gave REASONS as to why you DOUBT what GOD MEANT. Then you went on to place animals in the same category with human beings -"If we have souls, so do they" (your words not mine). God does not place mankind in the same category with beast.

When Moses presented the Ten Commandments he was presenting them to human beings.

Even if we were saying the same thing what's the point? This is a messageboard that happens. It shouldn't be a big deal. Most people just state that they agree. You want to argue and you've been trying very hard at it. It's not going to work with me. God has blessed me with a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I am about to go out and enjoy it.

:Banane11: Enjoy your day HoneyB!

Indigo indigo indigo..
Relax.. Its simple..
I just explained what meant..Ill do it again..
I said Dogs( as we know them ruff ruff) didnt fit in the sentence with the murders and sorcerers,( bad and evil)I made a "pattern" reference. Soo Obviously the term DOGS doesnt mean the "ruff ruff" dog we know. You following???Thats when i said .. I wouldnt take that statement literally..( meaning "dog" has another meaning)
Then I left my opinion that was directed at the question of the thread..
The reason i editted @ Indigo,was because another post got in the middle of mine and yours,and I had ^^^^^ pointing to the post ahead of me. I didnt want to mislead.
I am not arguing at all, YOU young lady are arguing and making mountains out of mohills..
Relax... go out enjoy your saturday
Its not that serious...

Mahoganywra

Sports Fan
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,663 118 27
Alleybux

LOL, um no, Mahoganywra, I have never had a problem with you. Like I told veronyca, I was being too general when I made that statement. I didn't even know you were an unbeliever. Calm down, Mama, we're cool!

Okay well then I made an ass of myself. So then what was that comment for(turned up lips) j/k lolol. But for real please forgive me, I am a non believer(sorta, not whole heartily) and have said so, so I thought it was a side comment. My badd, I truly apologize.

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
Okay well then I made an ass of myself. So then what was that comment for(turned up lips) j/k lolol. But for real please forgive me, I am a non believer(sorta, not whole heartily) and have said so, so I thought it was a side comment. My badd, I truly apologize.

No, you didn't I made my statement too broad and inclusive. It was easy for you to take it personal, no need to apologize. That comment was actually only to a select few. One of whom has already showed herself in here today, it seems, by the number of posts I see her name on. Thanking God for the ignore button.

I apologize if I made you feel as if I was including you in that category and to anybody else who took it that way, as well.

Mahoganywra

Sports Fan
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,663 118 27
Alleybux
Let me say this if you believe in God you are a believer. A believer is one who believe in God there is no secret society of who is a believer and who is not.

I don't believe in the bible, I feel its man made. And churches? no thank you. But I know that my being and all around me is the hands of somebody's work. And not no walking man neither.. So I do believe in a higher power. But thats it.

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
Dog refers to homosexuals.

"There shall be no hoe of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a hoe, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are an abomination unto the Lord thy God." -Deuteronomy 23:17,18 (KJV)

Mahoganywra

Sports Fan
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,663 118 27
Alleybux
No, you didn't I made my statement too broad and inclusive. It was easy for you to take it personal, no need to apologize. That comment was actually only to a select few. One of whom has already showed herself in here today, it seems, by the number of posts I see her name on. Thanking God for the ignore button.

I apologize if I made you feel as if I was including you in that category and to anybody else who took it that way, as well.

lol. Well it didn't help that I said "if there is such a place" lol. And you said sports forum, I'm always in the sports forum, I just knew you was talking about me Hunny lol. But okay no harm no foul. :)

But I apologize for cursing in your religious thread, can you remove it from you post please.

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
lol. Well it didn't help that I said "if there is such a place" lol. And you said sports forum, I'm always in the sports forum, I just knew you was talking about me Hunny lol. But okay no harm no foul. :)

But I apologize for cursing in your religious thread, can you remove it from you post please.
LOL! Okay, I get it, now! That's funny!
Okay, I'll make sure to delete it.

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
The Soul in Christianity

In Christianity the soul is all important. However, because the Bible does not give a formal definition of the concept, Christian interpretations vary greatly. Under the influence of the Neoplatonists, the soul often came to be set over against the body in a dualistic concept that posited a God-given soul distinct from an inferior, earth-bound body. Scholasticism (specifically that of St. Thomas Aquinas) studied the soul in great elaboration, and the scholastic definition of the soul as “substantial form of the body” obviates many philosophical difficulties. The nature of humanity is involved in the whole consideration of the soul; hence the term “rational soul” for the distinctive soul of humans. The soul of beasts is called the “animal soul” and that of plants the “vegetative soul.” The scholastics considered the rational soul alone as immortal and capable of union with God.

Theres ya answer Hunny

Moonwalker

PROMETHEAN ANTICHRIST
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,987 4 5
Alleybux
*intermezzo*

Makes sense that god would write a code for ''ignore'' button and dedicate it to his children in order to raise their ignorant level for a notch or two... if that's even possible...

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
I don't believe in the bible, I feel its man made. And churches? no thank you. But I know that my being and all around me is the hands of somebody's work. And not no walking man neither.. So I do believe in a higher power. But thats it.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Just wondering.

AztecRed

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,429 106 92
Alleybux
My husband and I every so often have this conversation. It usually pops up out of the blue, like it did the other day. But the conversation started about two years ago, when my oldest son's baby gerbil died. They were staying with a sitter/teacher who bred gerbils and the mother was attacking the baby so we removed the baby. Well, I decided to take it home, but by it being away from it's mother so early and the trauma it sustained from the mother, it died. We buried it of course, and somehow the issue of the gerbil being in heaven came up. Well, me being the loud mouth that I am said, the gerbil isn't in heaven because animals don't have souls. So my husband and I debated it for a while. Not arguing or anything just having a discussion, laughing because we are talking about the afterlife of an animal. Well, he brought it up again the other night.

So before I state my case I want to know what you think. Do animals go to heaven when they die?

Don't you remember what I told you about animals and souls? I wish I could find you the exact quote, but the reason animals don't have souls is because the religious architects needed something to separate us from the rest of the animals of earth.

ROOT

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
19,907 23 49
Alleybux
*intermezzo*

Makes sense that god would write a code for ''ignore'' button and dedicate it to his children in order to raise their ignorant level for a notch or two... if that's even possible...

LOL.. U are so dam funny and so dam quick

Mahoganywra

Sports Fan
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,663 118 27
Alleybux

Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Just wondering.

As the creator, yes I'm fine w/ that. I think the creator's name is what ever ppl choose to call him/it. Like all the different religions. You can call him/it whatever you want but I think everyone is talking about the same creator.

DangerKitty

Living All My 9 Lives
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
785 3 1
Alleybux
Since I believe that all living things have souls/spirits, I would like to think that this is true. I mean if there is a soul/spirit that leaves the physical, it has to go some where right???

I once read that there were different level of hell so maybe there are different levels of heaven and one of those levels is for animals....

Moonwalker

PROMETHEAN ANTICHRIST
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,987 4 5
Alleybux
LOL.. U are so dam funny and so dam quick

Did you know that god wrote code for ignore button on this board? I didn't.

Now we can only wait for some kinda button that he will develop in order for those, who do have us on ignore, to stop following our posts, mentioning our SNs all the time, and saying how we will reply to them - even if they don't see that we actually do reply.

Steeler Fan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,803 108 21
Alleybux
How do you know if ppl even go to heaven, if there is such a place?

When a person dies, if they are born again by the Spirit of God, his/her soul goes to Heaven to be with God forever. If a person remains a sinner after death, his/her soul goes immediately to a burning hell. Demons with large chains will drag the person through the gateways of hell, where he/she will be thrown into a fiery pit and tormented. In time, he/she will be brought in front of Satan. The individual will know and feel everything that happens in hell.

This is why it is imperative to make absolutely sure that one's name is written in the Book of Life. If the person's name is not written in the Book of Life, he/she will be cast into the lake of fire. -- Divine Revelation of Hell, pg.95 and Revelation 20:15

Steeler Fan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,803 108 21
Alleybux
I think heaven if what you want it to be, so when I get there anything I want will be there, but there will be hell to pay if my dogs aren't waiting next to my nanna.....wait she won't recognize ALL-STAR, oh ...my brother will so he'll be straight, cause I can't count on my cocker spaniel to vouch for him,....he'll be thinking darnnit "I had to deal with him on earth and now here too"

Heaven is a place where the saved dead will spend eternity in the joy of the Lord their God, where there is NO sickness, crying or death therein.

Moonwalker

PROMETHEAN ANTICHRIST
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,987 4 5
Alleybux
When a person dies, if they are born again by the Spirit of God, his/her soul goes to Heaven to be with God forever. If a person remains a sinner after death, his/her soul goes immediately to a burning hell. Demons with large chains will drag the person through the gateways of hell, where he/she will be thrown into a fiery pit and tormented. In time, he/she will be brought in front of Satan. The individual will know and feel everything that happens in hell.

This is why it is imperative to make absolutely sure that one's name is written in the Book of Life. If the person's name is not written in the Book of Life, he/she will be cast into the lake of fire. -- Divine Revelation of Hell, pg.95 and Revelation 20:15

Why chains? And what was before man figured out how to use metal?

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,872 1,222 1,730
Alleybux
of course they do why wouldn't they? They are God's creations just like us so what other place they are gonna go but heaven. right

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
This is the scripture he used to support animals going to Heaven

Romans 8

18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.