Quantcast

Orange Sphincter signed a bill to give back pay to federal workers, but not contractors

Teamocil

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,127 176 7
Alleybux
Are the invoices submitted through dfas? If yes they will still get paid.

No, we're not defense contractors. They'll need to look into that if they haven't already.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux

^^This is how Trump's gonna get the money to fund his "wall" and pockets through his government contractors.

There's no reason why he couldn't sign a bill for them to get back pay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but contractors who are "essential workers" don't have to work, right? I mean how you gonna keep working for FREE with nothing to show for it???

Before Trump heads off to prison, he will destroy as much of our government as possible.

I don't think he'll get locked up or even go to trial. I have a feeling he'll flee to Russia where they won't extradite him. This will only work for as long as Putin's alive.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux
I never agreed with shutting down the government. I have friends too that aren’t working and I’m affected by the shutdown as well. Every year we go through this and every year I’m affected. What I am saying NOW is we can’t go back in time all we can do is figure out how to get money for these people and what companies can do to assist them in keeping employees so that when the government does open back up they will be ready to work. We would be in the same boat if there was a natural disaster that took out a whole town where people were working. What can we do to get the workers paid and company some if not all of the money to pay their workers.

Why do you continue to work for an employer that plays games with your money this way? How come you've never looked for anything else??

It's hard for me to feel for these employees, if like you say, you guys go through this "every year". Well, continue to expect this next year too or maybe later on in the year or whenever this man feels like it again.