Oregon County Says Only White People Have to Wear Face Masks

jawanterrell201

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
34,963 7,110 8,677
Alleybux
We're regressing in this country. The Left is pulling us back. The original party of racism.

Several biracial black people look white. I guess it's going to be a reverse paper bag test.

People of color won't be required to wear masks in an Oregon county - CNN

(CNN)People of color are exempt from an Oregon county's mask mandate over concerns about racial profiling.

Lincoln County, Oregon, requires most residents to wear face coverings in public settings, indoors or outdoors. The overwhelmingly White county will not require non-White residents to wear them if they fear harassment, the county said this month.
It's one of the first counties in the US to exempt people of color from wearing masks to prevent racial profiling.
Also exempt are people with disabilities or medical conditions whose breathing would be obstructed by a mask and children under 12, though children ages 2 through 12 are still encouraged to cover their faces.

Lincoln County, home to nearly 50,000 residents, is almost 90% White and less than 1% Black, census data shows. But it's also home to the Siletz Reservation and a growing population of Latino residents.

the_ex

‪‪❤︎‬where i spit no grass grows ever!‪‪❤︎‬
Reaction score
Reactions
193,239 13,238 6,275
Alleybux
masks are mandatory here & yt people are the main ones not wearing them. i wish we had that law,too

Enexplo4re

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,496 413 885
Alleybux
Well, you know what they tryna do, fueling more racial tension!

It will backfire per usual.

esspiquar

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
131 8 2
Alleybux
OP's in blackface. This story's been circulating in many right-wing spaces as an example of "reverse racism". That combined with its post history...

Yet, the software on this site was probably invented by a white person...a lot of stuff you benefit from was invented by white or other non-black minds. But I guess you'd still be ok with white people self-destructing. You'll just lower your standards and think that living in a mud hut under a bridge with none of the inventions by Europeans is acceptable living.

KyleMack

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,129 2,335 5,660
Alleybux
More Cultural Marxist whites.
DxnzG9rV4AAE4_-.jpg

Maxine Barker

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,706 1,741 179
Alleybux
I read an article on this right before I saw it here. I understand the reasoning behind it, because why give the whites, police, etc. another excuse to racially profile Black people. But this also puts Black people at a higher risk of getting infected. The solution here is to actually punish the people who racially profile us, with or without a mask.

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,120 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
You guy's should've worn masks when ya'll came to invade the Americas....:whistle:

Last edited:

Sunshine22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,967 268 64
Alleybux
What is wrong with them??? This law is racist and I don't care how they chose to market it. If a black person chooses to wear a mask, that means that stores can ask them to remove it to see their faces because this law wouldn't protect them from removing the mask.

And let's be real, non-black people are even more threatened when they see black people in masks.

Baby Briella

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
72,684 790 181
Alleybux
OP's in blackface. This story's been circulating in many right-wing spaces as an example of "reverse racism". That combined with its post history...

Wow are you serious? Where are the mods? I'll never get over how people with obvious agendas are allowed to post a bunch of mess on here.

Last edited:

Summer Sweetie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
315,890 45,161 6,446
Alleybux

Well they should take their grievances up with the white county leaders.

And again the black population there is less than one percent. There are virtually no black living there.

And I'm pretty sure the very very very few black residents living didn't request this

So who are these right wingers accusing of "reverse racism"?

Manifest2021

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
604 1 1
Alleybux
Like...I get what they are saying. However even suggesting a group that is being heavily impacted by COVID To not wear a mask is socially and morally irresponsible. What they need to focus on is educating their mostly white constituents about the unfair burden of racial profiling that happens to people of color simply by wearing a mask. They need to educate The masses, and not encourage an already vulnerable population To not wear a mask. Change the culture and educate.

Baby Briella

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
72,684 790 181
Alleybux
Well they should take their grievances up with the white county leaders.

And again the black population there is less than one percent. There are virtually no black living there.

And I'm pretty sure the very very very few black residents living didn't request this

So who are these right wingers accusing of "reverse racism"?

Their own people wrote this , but the smoke is always towards black people.
Funny how you say it is "anti white"

It actually can be interpreted as anti ethnic minority

Exactly, the force to wear masks is designed to protect them. They think that anything that singles out white people is "oppression"

ImFromLithonia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,338 6,084 1,831
Alleybux
I thought I heard back in April 2020, that African Americans were more likely to get COVID-19 and die from the virus at massive rates.

Hexa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,757 6,634 2,563
Alleybux
So black residents will suffer higher infection rates? Something is very suspicious here.

GrayBaby

Do No Harm
Reaction score
Reactions
15,578 846 543
Alleybux
We're regressing in this country. The Left is pulling us back. The original party of racism.

Several biracial black people look white. I guess it's going to be a reverse paper bag test.

People of color won't be required to wear masks in an Oregon county - CNN

(CNN)People of color are exempt from an Oregon county's mask mandate over concerns about racial profiling.

Lincoln County, Oregon, requires most residents to wear face coverings in public settings, indoors or outdoors. The overwhelmingly White county will not require non-White residents to wear them if they fear harassment, the county said this month.
It's one of the first counties in the US to exempt people of color from wearing masks to prevent racial profiling.
Also exempt are people with disabilities or medical conditions whose breathing would be obstructed by a mask and children under 12, though children ages 2 through 12 are still encouraged to cover their faces.

Lincoln County, home to nearly 50,000 residents, is almost 90% White and less than 1% Black, census data shows. But it's also home to the Siletz Reservation and a growing population of Latino residents.

And for this very reason I would be wearing a mask. The only reason they don't want Blacks to wear one is so they CAN contract the virus. IF I lived there I would wear TWO masks!

Summer Sweetie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
315,890 45,161 6,446
Alleybux
Lincoln County reverses mask policy for people of color

County leaders say they're 'shocked and appalled' by the 'horrifically racist commentary'

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Lincoln County has backtracked on its decision to exempt people of color from its mandatory face mask policy, citing a “shocking” backlash of “horrifically racist commentary” from the community.

Lincoln County issued the directive on face coverings on June 17 and included several exceptions, including for people with certain medical conditions, children under 12 and “people of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.”

The directive also said the mandate is self-executed and that no one is allowed to intimidate or harass individuals who do not adhere to it.

The decision to exempt people of color, which was made in an effort to ease worries over racial profiling, gained national attention.

Mask mandate goes into effect for several Oregon counties
But on Wednesday, Lincoln County reversed its decision to exempt people of color in response to public backlash, as well as feedback from leadership within the county’s communities of color who asked for the policy to be revised because it was “making them possible targets for more hate.”

An updated list of exceptions to Lincoln County’s face covering directive can be found here.

Lincoln County reverses mask policy for people of color