Would you watch this?

• Total voters

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
Katori has to take the pen away from Patrik-Ian Polk.
Yeah, as someone told me, 'say what you want about the Power-Verse, but they know their audience, the gay characters get only a few minutes if that each episode." [don't know if they're telling the truth, never finished power, and haven't started any of its offshoots.]
But they need to cut down on the long graphic xes scenes and raunchy dialogue in those scene's. They were markedly longer than any straight scene and even Mercedes and Farrah's wlw scene. If they want to showcase love and affection between black gay men why do we need the over-the-top dialogue? They really need to shift. I honestly thought J. Alphonse was leaving because of the criticism, but of course, no main actor is going to leave a lead role so easily.
They really need to shift next season. I hope they know that and getting a season 3 doesn't make them arrogant.

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
I always wondered why Mercedes's character has tattoos on her fingers doesn't seem to make sense. I know why she has the one on her thigh and up her side. Even the one on her arm. But why did they choose to give her those on her fingers?

kingshiz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,170 2,045 3,684
Alleybux
I agree the show isn't going to survive with the masses under his helm. Black people are notoriously homophobic and if that is the main demographic they need to tone this sh!t down. It's not popular with black men because it hit too close to home. There are so many black men sex!ng transgurls and femboyz on the low these days. They scared of being found out!
Speak for your community white boy. The issue is the excessive graphic xes scenes. Gay characters are not the problem

Arular

Break up with your girlfriend
Reaction score
Reactions
24,551 720 33
Alleybux
I was afraid for Lil Murda this entire episode and I thought he wouldn't make it to the end.I find his character very fascinating and am surprised he got more screen time this year.

Who was that with Big Bone at the end?

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
Good for him! He deserves more roles.

Looks like he’s squeezing in these Atlanta movies before he gets back to work on the show. White Men Can’t Jump wrapped within the last few weeks and this one has begun production.

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
He’s the next to leave P Valley.
Do you think so? I kind of thought they rushed and gave his character and Cliff their moment in the sun because they knew he wouldn't be around much longer he was working steadily before PV. This role only increased his popularity.

ChellyChelleNic

Is Diamond Still In That Trunk?!
Reaction score
Reactions
31,050 408 2
Alleybux
He’s the next to leave P Valley.
I can see that.

@Liliu that makes sense too. I’ve seen his work before PValley and always thought he was talented but didn’t know his name/wasn’t actively following his career until the Lil Murda role.

I don’t know about the others but I know I’ve seen J. Alphonse, Tyler and Brandee all steadily working during the breaks. Does it seem like they’re more visual this time around too? Starz better get their sh!t together before all the popular cast members start signing on to other projects that would conflict. Nicco might be the one who would try to stick around since he’s been with Katori since the play.

(Loretta doesn’t count in this because she’s already a legend and has always had multiple jobs lol)

Arular

Break up with your girlfriend
Reaction score
Reactions
24,551 720 33
Alleybux
Looks like he’s squeezing in these Atlanta movies before he gets back to work on the show. White Men Can’t Jump wrapped within the last few weeks and this one has begun production.
This is great! Im happy for him. He's a great actor.

Akimbo

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
I can see that.

@Liliu that makes sense too. I’ve seen his work before PValley and always thought he was talented but didn’t know his name/wasn’t actively following his career until the Lil Murda role.

I don’t know about the others but I know I’ve seen J. Alphonse, Tyler and Brandee all steadily working during the breaks. Does it seem like they’re more visual this time around too? Starz better get their sh!t together before all the popular cast members start signing on to other projects that would conflict. Nicco might be the one who would try to stick around since he’s been with Katori since the play.

(Loretta doesn’t count in this because she’s already a legend and has always had multiple jobs lol)
Series regulars are typically signed to 5-7 year contracts, so the actors can’t jump ship at this point unless the show allows it, like they did with Ellarica.

The show has negotiated top priority no matter what else they book. That’s most likely why we see J Alphonse doing movies back-to-back this summer and fall. (It’s also why Constance Wu was so miserable when her TV show for renewed a couple years ago.)

Based on what I’ve observed, I bet the writers and crew will start working on season 3 this fall and shooting will either begin early this year or early next year.

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
Series regulars are typically signed to 5-7 year contracts, so the actors can’t jump ship at this point unless the show allows it, like they did with Ellarica.

The show has negotiated top priority no matter what else they book. That’s most likely why we see J Alphonse doing movies back-to-back this summer and fall. (It’s also why Constance Wu was so miserable when her TV show for renewed a couple years ago.)

Based on what I’ve observed, I bet the writers and crew will start working on season 3 this fall and shooting will either begin early this year or early next year.
Jordan (Derrick) was promoted to regular in season 2. Are there any shorter contracts? Does that mean they can't just kill him off? I am TIRED. Or does it just prevent them from taking roles that compete with the Starz schedule?
Also Duffy and Big L got promoted too. But I'm fine with them.

Akimbo

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
Jordan (Derrick) was promoted to regular in season 2. Are there any shorter contracts? Does that mean they can't just kill him off? I am TIRED. Or does it just prevent them from taking roles that compete with the Starz schedule?
Also Duffy and Big L got promoted too. But I'm fine with them.
These contracts only bind the actor to the show, the show can still get rid of them when they want to. And yes, sometimes shorter contracts are negotiated, but generally for the first season of the show, every series regular is getting locked into a 5-7 year contract, maybe 3 if you’re already a star.

On rare occasions, when there’s a very clear plan for the character, a 1-2 season contract will be made, like for dude from Bridgerton.

And yes, they do these contracts so the actors are exclusive to the show or at least have to prioritize it over other projects .

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
These contracts only bind the actor to the show, the show can still get rid of them when they want to. And yes, sometimes shorter contracts are negotiated, but generally for the first season of the show, every series regular is getting locked into a 5-7 year contract, maybe 3 if you’re already a star.

On rare occasions, when there’s a very clear plan for the character, a 1-2 season contract will be made, like for dude from Bridgerton.

And yes, they do these contracts so the actors are exclusive to the show or at least have to prioritize it over other projects .
Thank you for explaining. That must be why Gail only signed on as recurring. I mean, she already had Snowfall (don't know if that's still on), but I know she has a lot she wants to do and wouldn't want to be tied down.

Akimbo

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
Thank you for explaining. That must be why Gail only signed on as recurring. I mean, she already had Snowfall (don't know if that's still on), but I know she has a lot she wants to do and wouldn't want to be tied down.
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly why; turns out, she was filming both shows at the same time. Had she signed on as a regular, P-Valley would have been able to block her from doing Snowfall. Productions hate trying to work around another production’s dates, got too much other stuff to deal with.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,253 13,229 3,429
Alleybux
I refuse to believe their ratings are low. Starz is weird because it’s like they hate renewing the “black” shows that keep them in business, but those are the ones that bring in the money.
Remember 50 Cent complained about how they dragged their feet renewing Force when it was the highest rated show on their network.

Soso72

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,025 110 110
Alleybux
Speak for your community white boy. The issue is the excessive graphic xes scenes. Gay characters are not the problem
I totally agree with you. I never watched the UC/Murda scenes so I cannot comment on those. However I did watch the Teak/Murda one cause if was 'new' and different. As J alphonse said, they were making history.
The only issue I had was the backshot (or Teak on his 4's lol) which I believe could have been edited. Sometimes leaving the rest to our imagination can be even more sexier.
John had a radio interview on which he mentioned that the scene was stripped down, there was much more lol.

kingshiz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,170 2,045 3,684
Alleybux
I totally agree with you. I never watched the UC/Murda scenes so I cannot comment on those. However I did watch the Teak/Murda one cause if was 'new' and different. As J alphonse said, they were making history.
The only issue I had was the backshot (or Teak on his 4's lol) which I believe could have been edited. Sometimes leaving the rest to our imagination can be even more sexier.
John had a radio interview on which he mentioned that the scene was stripped down, there was much more lol.
Wow

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,305 3,733 440
Alleybux
I wish y'all would stop updating this thread! Every time it pops up in my notifications, I think somebody is posting the renewal announcement and I click on it so fast!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(n)(n)(n)

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,275 2,047 329
Alleybux
Shannon, Nicco, J. Alphonse and Gail will be on The Tamron Hall show tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Soso72

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,025 110 110
Alleybux
Beautiful but could have been much longer. Thanks for sharing. Wanted to hear more from Shannon, but the focus always seems to fall on J Alphonse. He's a fantastic actor but so were other of his peers this season.

CuteArcher91

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,556 91 3
Alleybux
Beautiful but could have been much longer. Thanks for sharing. Wanted to hear more from Shannon, but the focus always seems to fall on J Alphonse. He's a fantastic actor but so were other of his peers this season.
Well said . Alphonse is very very deserving, but I feel like Shannon and others are still being overlooked when they acted their asses off as well this season. Shannon really could be in the emmy chatter as well, but I think people's dislike or lack of patience/understanding for her character has also played a part in how she's received next to her castmates.

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,305 3,733 440
Alleybux
Well said . Alphonse is very very deserving, but I feel like Shannon and others are still being overlooked when they acted their asses off as well this season. Shannon really could be in the emmy chatter as well, but I think people's dislike or lack of patience/understanding for her character has also played a part in how she's received next to her castmates.
That's always a problem for ensemble casts. There's so many great performances and strong actors but not everyone can be nominated (although the show itself being nominated is a win for them all too).

Ultimately, it seems only the roles where they really did something "different" would win or be nominated. Keyshawn - while powerful and emotional - it's not really anything we haven't had before. If I had to guess, knowing the industry (and I say "knowing" from the point of a viewer, lol) I bet they'll lean toward the non-standard roles like Lil Murda being a DL rapper, and Uncle Cliff being...well...Uncle Cliff. Admittedly, the women don't really have the meaty roles on here, as wonderful as they at playing what they're given. However, I would say that Patrice Woodbine has the most to work with, being a villain that we love to hate, but she doesn't have enough space in the show to get a nod (all MY opinion). Maybe supporting actor?

Akimbo

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
I think that Shannon is doing a fine job, but her work/material doesn’t stack up against the likes of J Alphonse, Loretta, Harriet, and even Gail.

Maybe next season Shannon will get the opportunity to show out, but this season, I can’t point to any scene of hers that makes me go “put THAT on your Emmy reel!”

CuteArcher91

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,556 91 3
Alleybux
I think that Shannon is doing a fine job, but her work/material doesn’t stack up against the likes of J Alphonse, Loretta, Harriet, and even Gail.

Maybe next season Shannon will get the opportunity to show out, but this season, I can’t point to any scene of hers that makes me go “put THAT on your Emmy reel!”
Interesting ..I personally don't think any scene Gail did ..although I loved the hotel scene , very sinister acted beautifully. I wouldn't put it up against any scene Shannon acted in episode 5..but meh.

ChocoLatte

Cosplay gangsters. Fake azz accents.
Reaction score
Reactions
56,451 697 521
Alleybux
I don't necessarily think this is what it is. Shannon did an amazing job portraying Keyshawn, as well as Brandee, Nicco, and Gail. It's just there is always one that stands out a bit more when there is an ensemble cast unfortunately. This same thing happened with Pose and Billy Porter.

J Alphonse is a phenomenal talent. His ability to properly emote in each and every scene that he's in is just chef's kiss. Dude has serious range and brought a huge sense of vulnerability to Lil Murda's character. I'm excited to see where his career goes.

Akimbo

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,574 20,842 4,107
Alleybux
Interesting ..I personally don't think any scene Gail did ..although I loved the hotel scene , very sinister acted beautifully. I wouldn't put it up against any scene Shannon acted in episode 5..but meh.
See? The hotel is exactly that stand out scene she could put on her hypothetical Emmy reel. I can’t think of a single showcase scene like that for Keyshawn.

I don't necessarily think this is what it is. Shannon did an amazing job portraying Keyshawn, as well as Brandee, Nicco, and Gail. It's just there is always one that stands out a bit more when there is an ensemble cast unfortunately. This same thing happened with Pose and Billy Porter.

J Alphonse is a phenomenal talent. His ability to properly emote in each and every scene that he's in is just chef's kiss. Dude has serious range and brought a huge sense of vulnerability to Lil Murda's character. I'm excited to see where his career goes.
I agree. It’s nothing against the rest of the cast - for the most part, they are doing very good work - he is just on another level. It may feel dismissive of or hurtful to the rest of them and they may feel eclipsed since they all
started together as relative unknowns, but having someone like that on the show getting that kind of recognition brings more eyes to the show and helps raise everyone’s profile.

Meimei0316

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,302 1,854 926
Alleybux

oh okay