Quantcast

Parents who call their child out of their name

Did your parent(s)/guardian(s) call you out of your name as a child?

• Yes

• No

• I don't remember

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pandoras Box

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,289 1,932 2,341
Alleybux
my mom called me a hussy one time and i will NEVER forget it. i had pushed the limit and somewhat deserved it. my mother and father never cursed at us, told us to shut up (which was a bad word in our home) or anything like that. i get sick in the mall when i hear parents cursing at their children. i had a few words with a momma in old navy once, because she was down in her childs face screaming that she was going to beat her black ass in the middle of the store if she didnt shut the fµck up. and old lady and i both heard it and both said something. the mother then told the old lady to mind her "old ass business" and thats when i couldnt take it anymore. i dug that lil hood rat a new asshole and felt so good afterwards. called her unfit, ignorant and all types of shyt. and didnt cuss at her once. then told her the words i used she probably couldnt understand :lol:

so no, i dont think its OK and no i dont intend to do that with mine......

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

CandyKisses

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,851 34 14
Alleybux
my mom called me a hussy one time and i will NEVER forget it. i had pushed the limit and somewhat deserved it. my mother and father never cursed at us, told us to shut up (which was a bad word in our home) or anything like that. i get sick in the mall when i hear parents cursing at their children. i had a few words with a momma in old navy once, because she was down in her childs face screaming that she was going to beat her black ass in the middle of the store if she didnt shut the fµck up. and old lady and i both heard it and both said something. the mother then told the old lady to mind her "old ass business" and thats when i couldnt take it anymore. i dug that lil hood rat a new asshole and felt so good afterwards. called her unfit, ignorant and all types of shyt. and didnt cuss at her once. then told her the words i used she probably couldnt understand :lol:

If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

You should have called security on her ass and had her arrested.

Edls4

A daughter of the King
Reaction score
Reactions
4,127 48 44
Alleybux

Yeah, I think that lady shouldn't have disrespected that old lady like that because she's teaching her child to be disrespectul to elders. But, It does burn me up when somebody else try to tell you how to raise your kids in front of your kids, but, I would've just told that old lady that I respect her opinion, however this is my child to raise, not yours, have a blessed day, and I would've walked off to another section.

Sometimes you do gotta embarrass your kids in public b/c they will try to call your bluff thinking b/c your in public they won't get tagged. It's aggravating to deal with a mouthy girl child who refuses to shut her mouth, at that point, talk is over!! The law in my state permits me to use reasonable corporal punishment when necessary.

Shoewhore

COCK HUNGRY DICK PIG
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
22,223 17 29
Alleybux
I don't kno how you can say "COME HERE ****** and then get up set when a lil ***** answers........and then call your home girl on it, complainin' that she should call them N*ggaz.

How does that work?

PaRrIs

I was talking to a grown ass man in a joking manner. I didn't think the children could hear or I wouldn't have said it. They were all outside on the deck w/my sister. I didn't know he had come back in the house. Granted, maybe I shouldn't use the word but that's neither her nor there. But for a CHILD to hear ***** & automatically assume an ADULT is talking to him & calling him like that's his name is SAD. And anyone that cannot understand that is simple minded.

It works b/c I wanted to let her know that her child is being affected by the things she says. I wanted her to know that she looks like an idiot to others b/c he is so non-chalant about being called *****. I wanted to warn her that not only is she messing him up, but that she needs to stop b4 he relays that tidbit of info ("my mama calls me *****") to the wrong damned person. That's how that works.

Pandoras Box

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,289 1,932 2,341
Alleybux
Yeah, I think that lady shouldn't have disrespected that old lady like that because she's teaching her child to be disrespectul to elders. But, It does burn me up when somebody else try to tell you how to raise your kids in front of your kids, but, I would've just told that old lady that I respect her opinion, however this is my child to raise, not yours, have a blessed day, and I would've walked off to another section.

Sometimes you do gotta embarrass your kids in public b/c they will try to call your bluff thinking b/c your in public they won't get tagged. It's aggravating to deal with a mouthy girl child who refuses to shut her mouth, at that point, talk is over!! The law in my state permits me to use reasonable corporal punishment when necessary.

its one thing to chastise and discipline your child in public. it is another to be cussing at a child and making a scene in public. that is teaching the child that it is acceptable to behave that way in public and period. and its not. although they are children, they still deserve the respect that any human being deserves. i think its important to remember to talk to children, like you would want to be spoken to.

and that woman opened herself up to others commenting on her parenting when she made that scene in public. when my mom had to deal with me in public she would take me in a dressing room, or leave her cart in the store and take me outside to deal with me. and if it got to that point, then i knew i was in trouble. that woman just made a fool of herself.

Edls4

A daughter of the King
Reaction score
Reactions
4,127 48 44
Alleybux
its one thing to chastise and discipline your child in public. it is another to be cussing at a child and making a scene in public. that is teaching the child that it is acceptable to behave that way in public and period. and its not. although they are children, they still deserve the respect that any human being deserves. i think its important to remember to talk to children, like you would want to be spoken to.
But if a child is mouthing off at me, he/she didn't consider the respect that they OWE me as their parent, so i'ma do what I need to do to check it.... and that's that.:pdance:

You probably walked up on the tail end of the scenario, you don't know what that child may have said to set that parent off.

and that woman opened herself up to others commenting on her parenting when she made that scene in public.
But a wise person would know better than to say something that would undermine a parent's authority in the presence of their children!!

when my mom had to deal with me in public she would take me in a dressing room, or leave her cart in the store and take me outside to deal with me.
Well some ppl go according to the philosophy of you get effed up where ever you eff up! Does that make them wrong? No it does not. There ain't always a secluded place to take them and the reality of it is that discipline is more effective when it's administered right at the onset of bad behavior.

Queen Vannah

Vannah da Plug
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
197,444 3,762 508
Alleybux
My parents never called me out of my name and hell no I don't do it to my children.

It only teaches them bad habits then when they start cursing your dumb ass out, you wanna look silly. I know a girl (about 24) and she calls her 1 year old b!tches and she has xes in the room while she's in there and smokes weed in front of her (that's why she's always woozy).

It's unfit :dunno: It's abuse.

InthaHouse

<span style="font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
14,111 20 18
Alleybux
Sometimes people have kids for all the wrong reasons. I have noticed a trend among many women. They get pregnant to compete with his other baby mama....try to "entrap" a man.....to have someone who loves them.......for other selfish reasons. When all fails...the mothers take it out on the baby. Mentally and physically these parents are not ready to care for someone else. Most of these parents can't even care for themselves. Just imagine a child asking for love, understanding, food, and attention. All you think about is you. What do you do when you are not mentally or physically there? Try to belittle anyone around you. Sadly, the child becomes a problem instead of a blessing.

Hopefully we will break the cycle and raise our kids differently. I can't see myself calling my kids any names or even cussing around them. My oldest is 13 and he have his days and I have mine. I walk out of the room and wait before speaking to him. Never would I breakdown his self esteem .....no manner how mad I get. People need to realize..Kids don't ask to be born and they don't owe us. Our job is to raise healthy human beings and to love them. Its all they ask