Quantcast

Part IX The Ralph Tresvant Appreciation Thread #Because of Ralph

jeanine1977

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
114 2 1
Alleybux
You know that's a part they've built into the set is to give him and Johnny both breaks when the fellas are performing songs that they weren't on. Bobby said he's planning on being at the show tonight. I hope he's doing better and got plenty of rest. Sadly maybe this needs to be his last tour. His health should be his number one priority.
You are absolutely right. I couldn’t agree more. He needs to focus on his health

Thefruitgypsy

Relax .
Reaction score
Reactions
37,150 1,544 496
Alleybux
Omg she’s little like short and tiny little?? She looks kind of tall in pics
Yeah short as hell lol she looked exactly the same in person as she does pictures and had on some sort of black and white cow print looking two piece with her hair slicked back in a ponytail

jeanine1977

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
114 2 1
Alleybux
Yeah short as hell lol she looked exactly the same in person as she does pictures and had on some sort of black and white cow print looking two piece with her hair slicked back in a ponytail
Omg..she’s a pretty lady but can’t dress a lick..lord lol! Wow didn’t know she was that short. That’s why he likes her then and she’s prob aggressive on top of that..so Ralph prob loves it…..lol

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
Oh nooooo! I just heard that he didn’t show in Texas due to exhaustion. He came to Detroit but he did leave the stage several times and moved slow. Honestly, Bobby can’t handle all of that. He needs to just focus on reality show and his food seasonings.
Yes, that he should do. I’m all for nostalgia, but I also pay good money for performance and professionalism, not excuses and wheezing.

Last edited:

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
#Because of Ralph
#Heartbeat of New Edition
#The Lead Singer
#The Engine

Ralph is a workhorse. Period. The show must go on…except it can’t without him.

If you attend their concerts or are watching video from NE’s Legacy tour, you are witnessing in Ralph a man that respects the stage and his audience. Thank you for not just showing up, but for doing the work and Every Little Save You Make.

Last edited:

jeanine1977

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
114 2 1
Alleybux
Yes, that he should do. I’m all for nostalgia, but I also pay good money for performance and professionalism, not excuses and wheezing.
You’re right. He’s made enough money. He can focus on his health now cause he’s got little kids now

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
The legendary New Edition to be honored Sunday in Nashville at the Museum of African American Music for their 40th anniversary. Congratulations!
1681592601626.png

Last edited:

jeanine1977

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
114 2 1
Alleybux
Hey did y’all just hear that Bobby was rushed to the hospital? I just saw a Blogger post….more to come. Hope he’s ok

babybugz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,561 2,226 892
Alleybux
Hey did y’all just hear that Bobby was rushed to the hospital? I just saw a Blogger post….more to come. Hope he’s ok
Oh no! I saw him tonight at the show and was so happy. OMG I hope he will be okay. This is nuts and I don't want to think the worst.....no no

babybugz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,561 2,226 892
Alleybux
Other than seeing Bobby one of the highlights for me which is a funny one is Johnny doing his iconic runs and performing a church dance to My, My, My,

holding-laugh-trying-not-to-laugh.gif

Johnny a mess! :giggle:

Ralph definitely brought his GROWN man swag and BBD killed it as usual (love Mike)

Derailed2x

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
802 106 33
Alleybux
Other than seeing Bobby one of the highlights for me which is a funny one is Johnny doing his iconic runs and performing a church dance to My, My, My,

Ralph definitely brought his GROWN man swag and BBD killed it as usual (love Mike)
Between Ralph and Keith, that's a whole lot of swag.

Crystal Blue

Blerdy Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
12,693 102 6
Alleybux

There's this little jog that Johnny does when he sings the words "Here I come" during There You Go that takes me out every time I see it.

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
The Legacy Tour comes to a close this weekend in Tampa on Sunday, April 30th. Well done NE.

Well done Lead Singer and engine powering this 40-year long cauh ride you have taken the fans with you on all the way.

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
1684255208049.jpeg

Happy Birthday to Ralph, who shares a birthday with Janet Jackson. It’s the double-nickel: 55 years and going strong.

itgurl_29

A Girl About Town
Reaction score
Reactions
180,267 7,578 8,990
Alleybux
Just had to stop in here after watching so.!e clips from their latest tour. Ralph still looks and sounds amazing! The ultimate r&b frontman. He need to Mike, Johnny, and Bobby on that vegan diet. I can't get over how good he looks and how energetic and limber he still is. And in fine voice too.

Radiant Lady

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
26 1 1
Alleybux
Just had to stop in here after watching so.!e clips from their latest tour. Ralph still looks and sounds amazing! The ultimate r&b frontman. He need to Mike, Johnny, and Bobby on that vegan diet. I can't get over how good he looks and how energetic and limber he still is. And in fine voice too.
Yes! He definitely looks GOOD. Voice & Dance Moves are always on point.

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
NE inducting The Spinners in to The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Enjoy!

Last edited:

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,312 1,251 652
Alleybux
This is big and I am late, but here we are, at last:

New Edition announces Las Vegas residency dates starting in late February after touring for 2 years​

R&B group New Edition will bring their New Jack Swing tunes dating back 40 years to Las Vegas early next year
By
JONATHAN LANDRUM Jr. AP Entertainment Writer
November 5, 2023, 11:49 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- R&B group New Edition will bring their New Jack Swing tunes to Las Vegas early next year.

The Grammy-nominated sextet announced Monday that New Edition: Las Vegas will kick off Feb. 28. The group confirmed six residency shows at the Wynn Las Vegas’ Encore Theater, where acts like Diana Ross, Duran Duran, Lionel Richie and Brad Paisley have taken the stage.

“We just caught lightning in a bottle,” said Ronnie DeVoe, a founding member of New Edition — which includes Michael Bivins, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant and Ricky Bell. Monday's announcement came after days after the group performed a tightly choreographed tribute to the Spinners at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York.

DeVoe said the band heard fans countless requests — particularly through social media — for them to perform in Sin City. “We're looking to touch that stage and continue on with the legacy,” he said.

After two consecutive North American tours, New Edition has planned for a more intimate setting at Encore, which seats 1,480.

“This is going to more theatrical than our Legacy and Culture tours,” Brown said. “This will be a lot more intimate. We wanted it to be up, close and personal for our fans.”

New Edition was founded by childhood friends in a Boston housing project and became one of the originators of the modern-day boy band. The group released their debut album “Candy Girl” in 1983 and rejuvenated the teen music scene in the mold of The Jackson Five with hit singles like “Candy Girl,” “Mr. Telephone Man” and “Cool It Now.”

The group maintained success after puberty and laid the foundation for groups such as New Kids on the Block, the Backstreet Boys and Boyz II Men.

But then, New Edition faced plenty of conflict — which included Brown’s erratic behavior during a concert tour, resulting in him being kicked out the group. Tensions grew after Brown was replaced by Gill.

Brown found success as a solo artist with the 1988 hit “Don’t Be Cruel.” Gill and Tresvant had their own solo careers, while Bell, Bivins and DeVoe created their own group, Bell Biv DeVoe, and soared with their 1990 debut album, “Poison,” which went quadruple platinum.

But eventually, all six members reconciled, reuniting for their sixth studio album “Home Again” in 1996. The group has toured the past couple of years.

Bell said the tours helped build cohesiveness and created more of an opportunity to appreciate each other. He's grateful for the group's longevity: “We have each other, we have our health, we have our families. Everybody’s still here."

Bivins said the same authentic brotherhood shown during New Edition’s recent tours will be on display in Las Vegas.

“Our audience got a chance to see growth, bond, brotherhood," he said. "Sometimes that’s bigger than any record because people come to look for separation. But I think we’ll give them the glue.”

New Edition hasn't released an album since 2004, but DeVoe said there's a good chance the group will release new music leading up to their residency stint.

“It makes sense," he said. “I think it'll be a great time to get in the studio and put our vocals on something new and fresh.”

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,818 794 154
Alleybux
This is big and I am late, but here we are, at last:

New Edition announces Las Vegas residency dates starting in late February after touring for 2 years​

R&B group New Edition will bring their New Jack Swing tunes dating back 40 years to Las Vegas early next year
By
JONATHAN LANDRUM Jr. AP Entertainment Writer
November 5, 2023, 11:49 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- R&B group New Edition will bring their New Jack Swing tunes to Las Vegas early next year.

The Grammy-nominated sextet announced Monday that New Edition: Las Vegas will kick off Feb. 28. The group confirmed six residency shows at the Wynn Las Vegas’ Encore Theater, where acts like Diana Ross, Duran Duran, Lionel Richie and Brad Paisley have taken the stage.

“We just caught lightning in a bottle,” said Ronnie DeVoe, a founding member of New Edition — which includes Michael Bivins, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant and Ricky Bell. Monday's announcement came after days after the group performed a tightly choreographed tribute to the Spinners at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York.

DeVoe said the band heard fans countless requests — particularly through social media — for them to perform in Sin City. “We're looking to touch that stage and continue on with the legacy,” he said.

After two consecutive North American tours, New Edition has planned for a more intimate setting at Encore, which seats 1,480.

“This is going to more theatrical than our Legacy and Culture tours,” Brown said. “This will be a lot more intimate. We wanted it to be up, close and personal for our fans.”

New Edition was founded by childhood friends in a Boston housing project and became one of the originators of the modern-day boy band. The group released their debut album “Candy Girl” in 1983 and rejuvenated the teen music scene in the mold of The Jackson Five with hit singles like “Candy Girl,” “Mr. Telephone Man” and “Cool It Now.”

The group maintained success after puberty and laid the foundation for groups such as New Kids on the Block, the Backstreet Boys and Boyz II Men.

But then, New Edition faced plenty of conflict — which included Brown’s erratic behavior during a concert tour, resulting in him being kicked out the group. Tensions grew after Brown was replaced by Gill.

Brown found success as a solo artist with the 1988 hit “Don’t Be Cruel.” Gill and Tresvant had their own solo careers, while Bell, Bivins and DeVoe created their own group, Bell Biv DeVoe, and soared with their 1990 debut album, “Poison,” which went quadruple platinum.

But eventually, all six members reconciled, reuniting for their sixth studio album “Home Again” in 1996. The group has toured the past couple of years.

Bell said the tours helped build cohesiveness and created more of an opportunity to appreciate each other. He's grateful for the group's longevity: “We have each other, we have our health, we have our families. Everybody’s still here."

Bivins said the same authentic brotherhood shown during New Edition’s recent tours will be on display in Las Vegas.

“Our audience got a chance to see growth, bond, brotherhood," he said. "Sometimes that’s bigger than any record because people come to look for separation. But I think we’ll give them the glue.”

New Edition hasn't released an album since 2004, but DeVoe said there's a good chance the group will release new music leading up to their residency stint.

“It makes sense," he said. “I think it'll be a great time to get in the studio and put our vocals on something new and fresh.”
This is awesome for them. I hope their residency is a huge success because they deserve it