Quantcast

Pat McGrath Labs Divine Rose II Collection

Daria M

Daria Morgendorffer
Reaction score
Reactions
44,316 1,362 946
Alleybux
Y'all really gonna ignore me and my question, huh?

5c010aad1327eaf68792a5ca7191e3c4.jpg

Here are some reviews from other fonts. @DetectiveBailey @MsSunshine21 does a break down in one of the post below about the pros and cons of the palette.

Sooo, the Rose Decadence palette was my first purchase from Pat McGrath and I got it 25% off. I loved the color story and I had been eyeing it even before the sale. However the palette was much lower in quality than I was expecting. The shadows don't look like the pictures, they are more dull. Before I even swatched them, just looking in the pan I was not happy. I was expecting them to be buttery, the mattes are dry. None of the colors are that pigmented, swatched.

Then the packaging is cheap on top of all that, like colourpop cheap. I'm very disappointed. I'm gonna keep it and cut my losses in the name of supporting a black woman. But I will not purchasing anything else in the future.

I don’t have Celestial Divinity but I do have 1/3 of the shades in a smaller palette. It’s a lovely colour story & with the discount good value for money. I also think it provides more versatility for looks than the quads. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preferences. If you love it & think you’ll get a lot of use from it, then go for it!

I have both of the quads you mentioned and they’re stunning b/c they’re all “special shades”. Ritualistic Rose is really pretty and uber sparkly in person so I use my NYX glitter glue. It also compliments other palettes like Divine Rose 1/2, Golden Opulence & Rose Decadence very well. I have to be honest, as much as I love playing around with them, I haven’t reached for them as much as my other PMG palettes. I don’t regret the purchase though, as they’re unique and I don’t have anything similar in my makeup collection.

I love the colour story of Rose Decadence and the mattes double up as pretty blush shades. It makes a nice supplementary palette to DR1 & the shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend as usual with PMG. However, out of all of my 6 pan MTHRSHP palettes the shadows in this one didn’t feel quite as emollient as the others.

In the Masterclass now - Cardi wore Rose Decadence in WAP!

200813091055-cardi-b-wap-video-super-tease.jpg

Here are my thoughts on Rose Decadence:

Pros

- The shadows in this palette are really pretty in person.

- As always the shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend.

- The mattes Peach Dusk & Hedonistic Rose also make pretty blushes

- The shimmer shades: Pink Champagne, Golden Honey & Scandalous make pretty brow bone, inner corner & cheek bone highlighters

Cons

- The shimmers & metallics, Especially Fuchsia Flame, don’t feel as emollient as the ones in the other 6 and 10 pan palettes.

- The mattes don’t feel as buttery to the touch as usual.

I’m giving this palette 8/10. Overall, I really like the colour story, it goes well with my current eyeshadow collection. However, it’s not a must buy, especially if you already own the Divine Rose or Ritualistic Rose palettes.

ETA: For best results apply the shimmers & metallics with your ring finger, use a mixing medium or spritz brush with a little Fix + or water.

I missed out on the LE packaging and refused to buy the black version. I was low key doing a lil’ happy dance until I remembered I’m supposed to be on a low buy! Lol.

I’m sad there’s no blush, but Burnished honey & the mattes in DR2 or Rose Decadence work brilliantly as blushes too.

I trust Aunty Pat and believed her when she said she heard us re: blush during one of her masterclass sessions. She’s a pro & always mixing something in her lab, so I know blush will come at some point. Besides, you can’t rush perfection!

Last edited:

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
I wish I hadn't opened this thread because:

1) I want the collection

and

2) I'm annoyed AF that I missed that 25% discount!!! :atwitsend

Out here about to pay full price!! :weary_face:

hereforhair

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,091 104 26
Alleybux

1) I want the collection

and

If it helps, she seems to have sales pretty frequently, at least for a luxury brand. Easters right around the corner, you never know what sale she’ll have

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,782 1,106 212
Alleybux

1) I want the collection

and

Divine Rose II was excluded from the 25% off deal so you didn't miss anything.

I did get the Bronze seduction at 30% off (y)

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
Why do they take so long to ship?! I ordered 3 days ago. I know they're not Amazon but they're also not a small brand...

noseyandpetty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,966 265 128
Alleybux
Why do they take so long to ship?! I ordered 3 days ago. I know they're not Amazon but they're also not a small brand...
I think it depends on where you live. For me it always takes about two days to get a shipping notification and then my package always arrives literally the day right after I get the shipping email. Then there are other people (especially in Europe) who say that the shipping time is atrocious, as well as the customer service in general. I think they have a warehouse in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey which would make sense as to why it always gets to me so damn fast. Not sure how many other warehouses they have and where exactly they are in the US.

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
I think it depends on where you live. For me it always takes about two days to get a shipping notification and then my package always arrives literally the day right after I get the shipping email. Then there are other people (especially in Europe) who say that the shipping time is atrocious, as well as the customer service in general. I think they have a warehouse in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey which would make sense as to why it always gets to me so damn fast. Not sure how many other warehouses they have and where exactly they are in the US.

I mean technically it shouldn't matter where the warehouse is for them to ship. The actual transit might take longer to Europe but the speed of packing something and shipping it out should not take longer. I'll wait till tomorrow night then email them. So annoying

IMPERIALE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,200 358 21
Alleybux
Not this time, but only b/c I got DR2 in the chrome pink packaging a couple of weeks ago.
Do you like it ? I think it's my next one , hopefully it will still be available after my no buy.
Suburbia, Ground Control, Deep Dive & Living Legend are my everyday essentials. They work well with neutral lipsticks, gloss or even on their own. I also like Vengeance & Blood lust for reds and Deep Void if I’m wearing berry pinks and purples.
I'm nearly out of my brown lipliner and Ground Control is out of stock since several months ... Adeola Gboyega (i think she was representing the brand for the uk) on insta said it might be discountinued , I HOPE NOT !!!! I wanted to test out because of your experience :(

MsSunshine21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,086 1,851 24
Alleybux
@IMPERIALE I absolutely love DR2! It’s basically DR1’s fun, outgoing sister lol. I’m enjoying playing around with it & so far have found it pretty versatile & easy to create both simple everyday looks and bolder more colourful looks. If you get it, try using Naked Blush & Rose Seduction as blush - so pretty!

I really hope they don’t discontinue Ground Control, it’s the perfect dark brown liner. I managed to get a back up on Ebay, but am using it sparingly, just in case!

I think Brownewveau is the next dark brown shade in the lip pencil range, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve been using Deep Dive a lot, it’s not as dark as GC but it’s equally as flattering. It works well with my everyday lip colours like Omi, Lavish & Flesh 3 BlitzTrance.

Last edited:

IMPERIALE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,200 358 21
Alleybux
@IMPERIALE I absolutely love DR2! It’s basically DR1’s fun, outgoing sister lol. I’m enjoying playing around with it & so far have found it pretty versatile & easy to create both simple everyday looks and bolder more colourful looks. If you get it, try using Naked Blush & Rose Seduction as blush - so pretty!

I really hope they don’t discontinue Ground Control, it’s the perfect dark brown liner. I managed to get a back up on Ebay, but am using it sparingly, just in case!

I think Brownewveau is the next dark brown shade in the lip pencil range, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve been using Deep Dive a lot, it’s not as dark as GC but it’s equally as flattering. It works well with my everyday lip colours like Omi, Lavish & Flesh 3 BlitzTrance.
Ground Control is still available on Sephora France so I might get one ! Brownouveau is so disappointing, shade wise. It's the third swatch , it's so light !
1616946369350.png

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom