Quantcast

Peleton Tread+ owners told to stop using the treadmill in 'urgent warning'

TheRealNikkiO

Slaying & Saving Because Christ Is King!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,687 17,718 14,285
Alleybux
Fat people priiiiiiiiiide!!!! Fat peoole priiiiiiiiide!!!! Yeah i heard about how damgerous this crap is. Why dont you walk its free and its the best exercise!!!! I want MORE of yall gymheads DYING on these machines while I drink my jack amd coke my malt liquor and eat all the unhealthy crap i can !!!! Muahahaha
Burn in hell!

Oooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,248 1,696 617
Alleybux
Yes, peloton needs to look at the design and adjust. But parents are being lazy.

my dad still has this old clunker of a threadmill he bought back in the early 2000s. The warning label on it says to be mindful of children & pets when it’s operational and to not let kids play on it.

parents are not being mindful of their kids. The lady in the news story had her toddler and dog in the same area as the treadmill. The tread and living & play areas were all sharing the same space. The positioning the treadmill meant her back was away from her child and dog. Far worse could have happened than the exercise ball being sucked in.

She needs to reposition the treadmill so she can see who’s coming and going instead if her back being turned way. she needs to put her child in a playpen or something and use a gate to keep the dog out while she’s working out.

Oooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,248 1,696 617
Alleybux
Folks out here paying $4000 for a damn treadmill? :twitcy What's so special about it? The monitor with the trainer talking to you?

What is it that's causing the suction underneath?
Most are probably financing which means in the end it’ll cost even more than if they had saved up and bought it outright.

the best thing I ever did was invest in a rowing machine instead of a treadmill. Rowing is easier on the body and activates 85% of your muscles compared to running. I found I was more inclined to work out during my cycle using a rowing machine instead of a treadmill. My body is already sensitive on my cycle and rowing is much gentler on it.

My other fav cardio equipment is a jump rope. I have weighted ropes and a padded area where I jump to soften the impact when I land.

I find them to be more effective cardio workouts for me compared to a stationary bike, tread or elliptical.

NOEFinest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
176,583 6,089 3,406
Alleybux
My treadmill came with a warning to never use around pets or kids, which is why it's in my bedroom and I only use it with the door closed. And I always attach the safety pin.
I don’t have the luxury of having it in my bedroom but I don’t let my son around when I’m on it and when I’m not on it I take out the safety key and turn it off on the side. I don’t let him play on, near, or around my treadmill. Some parents are lazy and then want others to feel sorry for them.

rayaee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,473 2,518 1,111
Alleybux
They should redesign it since nothing should be getting sucked under it. These videos are also showing people's neglect when it comes to following directions & common sense where workout equipment is concerned (a font mentioned how the gym has things separate).

Hexa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,757 6,634 2,563
Alleybux
Almost any machine will fail if kids are being reckless around them. Trying to jam their heads under moving pelotons is suicidal. Is that really the company's fault?

OhMyStars

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,176 703 458
Alleybux
These videos of babies & toddlers using grown up exercise equipment as playground apparatuses reminds me of the threads that get posted on the RHOP boards of Ashley Darby's kids. She prances around on the show with her kid constantly in tow, talking about what a nervous, protective mother she is & how she wants to keep him in a bubble - pre-covid - yet on her IG Dean is climbing ladders, playing on glass & chrome furniture & was standing pressed against the glass of the full length window of their PENTHOUSE apartment when he was less than a year old. Just the other day there was one of her newborn being perched on a big wheel type bike being whipped around by his not yet 2 year old brother. Someone should do a wellness check & make sure there isn't a Peloton in their playroom.

MissShawna

Do your ghetto antics know no bounds!?
Reaction score
Reactions
228,848 6,533 2,494
Alleybux
Or maybe just don't let your kids use the treadmill as a jungle gym?? :cautious:

Tf is this warning. People don't know how to be parents. That's not the company's fault.
Exactly. The brats on the news clip were unsupervised and the boy was trying to push a ball up under the treadmill. He put a third of his head and body under there then the track started to suck him in. His little bad ass wasn’t even hurt.

Feminichole

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,179 159 104
Alleybux
Yikes - I literally just got mine delivered yesterday and love it but I’m glad they’ve brought attention to it so that from now on , I’ll be putting my dog gate up to prevent my furry munchkins from running around it
I have a nordic track and when I use it I place a baby gate so my dog can't come in because he likes to watch. The door is closed when not in use.