Quantcast

Peloton Users, Are You in the BGM group?

MistressNae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
366,750 7,937 4,305
Alleybux
I joined this time around and I’m very tempted to exit out the fb group but just keep the tag name. If I see someone ask about the Peloton tread or using a cheaper bike and the app again I’m going to scream. THE SAME THING WAS JUST ASKED EARLIER IN THE DAY.

I don’t know why I thought the group would be different, like talking about your ride/run/class and giving tips and ratings. But I’m underwhelmed......while overwhelmed....

Mrs.Goblin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,522 422 468
Alleybux
Can you go into more detail please? Mine comes next month and I don’t know anything about the groups.

Bonehilda

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,014 4,094 95
Alleybux
I am a member, but do not really participate. Repetitive posts, rude members and big flexing over stupid sh!t. I'm meh about the humble bragging posts about over exercising (working out 2+ hours a day) or looking for the newest crash diet (several people were dicussing cabbage diets and "detoxes")

I prefer the related groups like the BGM powerzone rider group. 99% are related to Peloton and fitness. I have gotten useful information from there.

MistressNae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
366,750 7,937 4,305
Alleybux
I am a member, but do not really participate. Repetitive posts, rude members and big flexing over stupid sh!t. I'm meh about the humble bragging posts about over exercising (working out 2+ hours a day) or looking for the newest crash diet (several people were dicussing cabbage diets and "detoxes")

I prefer the related groups like the BGM powerzone rider group. 99% are related to Peloton and fitness. I have gotten useful information from there.
I’ve already seen those posts rolled my eyes and scroll past them. I’ll look more into the other groups for black people.

AHardAct2Follow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,744 424 22
Alleybux
I'm a member, but am still awaiting arrival of my bike. I appreciate the progress pic and milestone-ride posts but my timeline is starting to be bombarded by them so I need to change my settings.

MistressNae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
366,750 7,937 4,305
Alleybux
Can you go into more detail please? Mine comes next month and I don’t know anything about the groups.
You can join Facebook groups for added motivation, info, opinions on classes etc. Peloton has also created hashtags to basically connect friends groups, fb groups or organizations together on the bike.

A large group for black women is BGM. Some will like it, others won’t. It’s not my cup of tea because it’s too repetitive, has too much bragging, and is triggering in some cases. Not just by extreme diets and over exercising but members will add stories that can trigger you if it’s happening in your life and you want to escape with the group.

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,632 5,408 641
Alleybux
I don't have a Peloton, but I'm in another group for my bike and lord have mercy the sh!t is hella repetative. Then I thought, how much more can we really discuss?

So I put the group on mute for a while

STLBlackBeauty

Where the money resides...
Reaction score
Reactions
50,037 1,119 155
Alleybux
If it isn't the gratuitous titty sling posts. Or the sweaty workout selfies. Or the humblebrags about careers, cars, and other stupid sh!t. Or the inane "Hi. This is my first post" posts.

Those b!tches are WACK!

Also, there's a lot of snide energy there. I've been there since the inception and it feels like the group's energy has changed for the worse. I like before and afters, workout reviews, and swarms.

Bonehilda

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,014 4,094 95
Alleybux
I’ve already seen those posts rolled my eyes and scroll past them. I’ll look more into the other groups for black people.

If you're interested in PZ stuff, I'd recommend checking them out. They have a few daily posts for women to share their ride results and members actually follow the group rules. There was drama at some point last year, but the moderators nipped it in the bud.

I have seen mods in the main group either causing drama (calling other women out by name for breaking group rules) or participating in it (shady comments/gifs).

Group #s have exploded over the last few months and I can tell they are having issues with keeping people on topic. They really need to switch to admin-approval for posts and get several more mods.

MistressNae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
366,750 7,937 4,305
Alleybux
I don't have a Peloton, but I'm in another group for my bike and lord have mercy the sh!t is hella repetative. Then I thought, how much more can we really discuss?

So I put the group on mute for a while
Since there are live classes for Peloton daily, it really shouldn’t be repetitive. Review the live workouts for people who are taking it on demand later in the day. How was the playlist? Did Alex go too hard today and you might want to skip it if you aren’t 100%? Did Cody crack you up in today’s ride? Was the playlist trash for such and such?

Maybe monthly check ins.

The whole I’m a surgeon from this state and want to get a Tread plus to go next to my 2 Peloton Bike+s and will probably get the smaller Tread too. How do you like the Tread posts are what’s killing me....

Or the I cried while riding 5 hours on scenic mode after riding 10 hours yesterday because (triggering event) posts.

yung.bae

♡♡♡
Reaction score
Reactions
239,803 8,269 1,121
Alleybux
God damn. I didn’t know all that drama was happening in the Facebook group for it.

I have the subscription. That’s it. I’m thinking of getting the bike, but I had no idea a FB group was even made. I don't think I’ll join it lol

STLBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Reactions
50,037 1,119 155
Alleybux
God damn. I didn’t know all that drama was happening in the Facebook group for it.

I have the subscription. That’s it. I’m thinking of getting the bike, but I had no idea a FB group was even made. I don't think I’ll join it lol

Honestly, if there were any real value proposition, I would encourage all to join. It's just a forum filled with a bunch of women who have the ability to finance exercise equipment.

Wondahful

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,239 93 20
Alleybux
I stopped actively using FB like four or five years ago, though I still have an account. My sis-in-law has had a peloton for a few years now and I just got one in December (no delivery issues at all), and she suggested I join the group in FB. But since I loathe FB with all my heart, and only keep the account to keep up with my nieces and nephews since I live so far away from family, I never did. I kept wondering if I was missing out on the community aspect by not doing so because my sis in law swears by it. She even goes to meet ups for her local BGM group. But I’m aggravated easily by all the things you all have described, so I guess I’ll continue to fall back. I told her I ride with her and between us two if that’s not enough Black Girl Magic, then oh well...lol

Last edited:

90DayBeyonce

"Shameika said I had potential"
Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Repetitive posts, rude members and big flexing over stupid sh!t. I'm meh about the humble bragging posts about over exercising (working out 2+ hours a day)

If it isn't the gratuitous titty sling posts. Or the sweaty workout selfies. Or the humblebrags about careers, cars, and other stupid sh!t.

I liked seeing people's gyms and photos in the beginning but it quickly devolved into countless selfies of new outfits, humble brags, people complaining about other people's bragging, and dozens of posts about not being able to clip in.

The post where people are showing off their "stacks" & how much they over-exercise is really weird to me. It's not even inspiring.

I will admit that Sam B. getting run out of the BPR group last week was hysterical.

Did anyone just finish the Bad Boy ride with Tunde and Alex?

AHardAct2Follow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,744 424 22
Alleybux
I liked seeing people's gyms and photos in the beginning but it quickly devolved into countless selfies of new outfits, humble brags, people complaining about other people's bragging, and dozens of posts about not being able to clip in.

The post where people are showing off their "stacks" & how much they over-exercise is really weird to me. It's not even inspiring.

I will admit that Sam B. getting run out of the BPR group last week was hysterical.

I cosign all of this! I finished the Bad Boy ride. It was my first 45-min ride as I just got the bike last week. I'm TIYAD lol.

STLBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Reactions
50,037 1,119 155
Alleybux
Wait...what happened in BPR?

Found it.

C9CC2116-6E91-42F7-848F-0EFD3BB4CFF5.jpeg

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Wait...what happened in BPR?

Found it.

View attachment 2357664

This was one of the rare times when I logged on in time to see all of the messiness. I already felt some kind of way about him posting that trio of selfies every damn day in the other (mostly white) Peloton thread, so seeing that Negro get lit up was like Xmas.

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
I don’t know why I thought the group would be different, like talking about your ride/run/class and giving tips and ratings. But I’m underwhelmed......while overwhelmed....

The Peloton CORE on the Floor group is much more useful in that regard. When this current Power Zone Pack challenge is over, I'm definitely going to do more strength training.

Taralynn23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,549 3,360 1,981
Alleybux
I cosign all of this! I finished the Bad Boy ride. It was my first 45-min ride as I just got the bike last week. I'm TIYAD lol.
I’m saving this ride for after I get my hair braided. I about die died after that Beyoncé ride and just about any ride with Alex in general!

xxcookie

unfriendly black hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
10,793 116 5
Alleybux
I think you can limit the posts you see from the group because yes it gets annoying, some of them act like peloton is their whole life. I only pop in to see if there are any new good rides and see merch reviews for items I'm never gonna buy.

Wondahful

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,239 93 20
Alleybux

I took the Bad Boy ride live. I liked it, though I would have included some other Bad Boy classics/staples. No Mase?! No Total?! And I love Alex and Tunde separately, don’t know if I loved the dynamic. Alex you could tell was really a fan of the music and it felt like Tunde had read the Bad Boy wiki in prep for the ride because she was rattling off facts and stats. But all in all the energy was excellent so I rocked out.

Anybody take the Megan ride tonight? I did. I wanted this ride to coincide with a milestone, so I needed two more rides to make that happen and so I did Ally’s live ride this morning and a low impact with Hannah F., and then this ride tonight. I don’t normally do this many rides in one day. Lord!! I’m aching! Never again!!

AHardAct2Follow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,744 424 22
Alleybux
I took the Bad Boy ride live. I liked it, though I would have included some other Bad Boy classics/staples. No Mase?! No Total?! And I love Alex and Tunde separately, don’t know if I loved the dynamic. Alex you could tell was really a fan of the music and it felt like Tunde had read the Bad Boy wiki in prep for the ride because she was rattling off facts and stats. But all in all the energy was excellent so I rocked out.

Anybody take the Megan ride tonight? I did. I wanted this ride to coincide with a milestone, so I needed two more rides to make that happen and so I did Ally’s live ride this morning and a low impact with Hannah F., and then this ride tonight. I don’t normally do this many rides in one day. Lord!! I’m aching! Never again!!

Congratulations on reaching your milestone! I really wanted to do Meg's ride but I was stuck on Zoom (sigh). Going to take it encore when I can.

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
I might try to Meg ride tomorrow. I've only done one other ride with Kendall and it was just ok. A lot of people seem to love her though.

Babyhair Hannah is my fave. I like her style the best.

Sometimes I do warm up or cool down rides with German Myla and Cliff. I find their voices soothing.

Wondahful

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,239 93 20
Alleybux
Congratulations on reaching your milestone! I really wanted to do Meg's ride but I was stuck on Zoom (sigh). Going to take it encore when I can.

Thank you! I’m not a huge Meg fan, so I don’t know if Kendall played the “essential” Meg playlist, but I was done when she flipped WAP into Wet Ass Peloton

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Did anybody do the premiere ride with UK Bradley Rose?

He was crackish and talked way too much IMO but I'm hoping he will eventually do kickboxing classes. That Yankee Doodle sh!t got on my last nerve.

AHardAct2Follow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,744 424 22
Alleybux
I haven't checked out Brad yet, but I would love a kickboxing element add to Peloland.

Can anyone share your post-ride recovery plans? I soak with epsom salt but have been dealing with serious soreness (i'm consistent with my riding, but I think it's due to quad musclar development). Also, any sources for potassium (excluding bananas)? TIA.

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
I haven't checked out Brad yet, but I would love a kickboxing element add to Peloland.

Can anyone share your post-ride recovery plans? I soak with epsom salt but have been dealing with serious soreness (i'm consistent with my riding, but I think it's due to quad musclar development). Also, any sources for potassium (excluding bananas)? TIA.
Have you tried the foam rolling classes or yoga? I did a short yoga flow class with Chelsea the other day and a twinge in my back completely released.

I bought some magnesium powder supplement which is supposed to help with muscle cramping and soreness but I haven't been taking it consistently enough yet.

AHardAct2Follow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,744 424 22
Alleybux
Have you tried the foam rolling classes or yoga? I did a short yoga flow class with Chelsea the other day and a twinge in my back completely released.

I bought some magnesium powder supplement which is supposed to help with muscle cramping and soreness but I haven't been taking it consistently enough yet.
Thank you for your reply. You're the 2nd person who mentioned Chelsea's yoga class; I'm going to get on it!

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Then I thought, how much more can we really discuss?
The other day someone posted a pic of a woman with an IG body and wanted to know what she had to do to get there. As soon as I saw it, I started counting down the minutes until another member (who posts pics of herself all the damn time) would post her own photo in the thread for attention. I didn't have to wait long.

First time I ever saw her pics:
iu

Third time:
iu

Seventh time:
iu

Tenth time:
iu

Bonehilda

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,014 4,094 95
Alleybux
The other day someone posted a pic of a woman with an IG body and wanted to know what she had to do to get there. As soon as I saw it, I started counting down the minutes until another member (who posts pics of herself all the damn time) would post her own photo in the thread for attention. I didn't have to wait long.

Is it the lady who only does 3-hour scenic rides?

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Is it the lady who only does 3-hour scenic rides?
I stopped paying attention to her specific workout awhile back. I can't remember if she posted stuff about scenic rides but she's a regular on BGM or BRP.

I'm definitely going to mute the group next time I'm on Facebook. It's only truly entertaining when someone is getting roasted within an inch of his/her life.

LaGold

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
397 5
Alleybux

First time I ever saw her pics:

Third time:

Seventh time:

Tenth time:
Was it an older woman with short blond hair? If so...I had to mute that lady.

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
Was it an older woman with short blond hair? If so...I had to mute that lady.
No LOL, but there is another blondish lady that regularly posts her crazy long workouts.

I like seeing what classes people are taking and reading about what works vs what didn't but it is all so foreign to me to want to share that much unless you are giving details about what goes down in a class.

That's probably why I have a beer gut when I plank!

STLBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Reactions
50,037 1,119 155
Alleybux
I miss everything.

NGL, that Adidas/Peloton collaboration has a couple of cute pieces. I might have to do a little something something.

That lady who the short blonde hair is also muted over here too.

LaGold

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
397 5
Alleybux
I miss everything.

NGL, that Adidas/Peloton collaboration has a couple of cute pieces. I might have to do a little something something.

That lady who the short blonde hair is also muted over here too.
lolol It's weird but I feel like she's just showing off. I sound salty but I was tired of seeing her face everyday on my timeline!!!! Also I haven't seen great reviews of the Adidas collection-They did say the men's collection was great though.

90DayBeyonce

Reaction score
Reactions
195,544 5,531 508
Alleybux
I don't go insane for every damn clothing drop but I did like the blue Adidas hoodie & pants. I already have too many workout clothes, I don't plan on getting anything else unless I get another credit.

ShonGnyc

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,186 1,838 16
Alleybux
Did y’all see the drama today??? There’s a large thread on it in the group. Apparently a white identifying biracial woman was trying to infiltrate the group and tried to blast BGM in the Official Peloton Group to get sympathy. Her thread in OPP was deleted but her friend ran to Reddit. There’s also a thread on Twitter too.

Last edited: