Quantcast

Period triggering recurring Bacterial Vaginosis

MeadowBing

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,689 506 317
Alleybux
You’ve probably gone over this already but just in case.. don’t use scented tampons, don’t douche, don’t be trying to get all the smell out with soap, no fragrance or flushing it out with water type sh!t. It sounds like you’ve pushed it into your cervix or something, that’s why it keeps coming back. Be careful with baths, anything scented. Get on a stronger antibiotic

Lifeiseazi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,591 506 447
Alleybux
I feel for you. I had some vaginal issues, not BV, and I switched to organic cotton disposals and cloth pads. My V was like thank you. Try that along the internal cures others mentioned. Hugs.
Hmm cotton pads.. are they more expensive and do you have leakage when you use them? Sorry if I’m being to personal lol

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,477 494,794 222,814
Alleybux
Have you gone for a general check up?
I remember this happened to me for over a year and I was so distraught but no one had an answer to why it was happening. My periods during this time were extremely heavy too.

I became xesually active again so went for a xesual health test. Results were negative but they found what they call a polyp. I had never heard of it before but they said they are usually harmless. After removing it, my periods became lighter and the monthly BV stopped.

I mentioned it to the doctors and they said there is no known correlation between the two, but it could have been related to the fact that my periods were heavier.

I think getting a proper checkup (STDs and womb area in general) might be helpful.

Good luck Hun!! Xx

My conclusion is I’m just gonnna go to the gyno first and tell them what I’m experiencing and see what I have to do

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,477 494,794 222,814
Alleybux
You’ve probably gone over this already but just in case.. don’t use scented tampons, don’t douche, don’t be trying to get all the smell out with soap, no fragrance or flushing it out with water type sh!t. It sounds like you’ve pushed it into your cervix or something, that’s why it keeps coming back. Be careful with baths, anything scented. Get on a stronger antibiotic
Woaaaaah wait what? Pushed it into my cervix??? How so that sounds scary do you think the gyno can take care of that?

penningsins

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,043 1,245 994
Alleybux
A combination of clindamycin (sp) and probiotics (take at the same time then continue with the probiotics after the antibiotics run out) will clear it up. Also, make sure you’re cleaning your butt VERY good. Sorry to say it but I think chronic bv is caused by ass juice, for lack of a better term, getting on or in your vagina. Don’t be shy with the rag or use your handheld shower or park that ass on a bidet. Voila.

MeadowBing

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,689 506 317
Alleybux
Woaaaaah wait what? Pushed it into my cervix??? How so that sounds scary do you think the gyno can take care of that?

Yesss, that’s why it’s so important to not try to douche it out or “clean” it out yourself. You’re just pushing all that sh!t further and further into you and it’s harder to get rid of and makes it awful. Just tell gyno this, they will know about it

LieslAlbrecht

Sometimes you feel like a nut…
Reaction score
Reactions
67,717 1,114 382
Alleybux
Hmm cotton pads.. are they more expensive and do you have leakage when you use them? Sorry if I’m being to personal lol

They are a little bit more pricey. It’s worth it for my health. They work pretty well, no leakage. I think Always has a natural cotton line that’s available.

OptimisticThot

Finessa Hudgens
Reaction score
Reactions
3,304 159 101
Alleybux
no matter what I do I haven’t been able to get rid of bv for almost 3 yrs now. I just figured out that it’s my period triggering it to come back idk what to do
Do you have an iud? I never got them until I had my iud placed

Reaction score
Reactions
2,954 59 50
Alleybux
upload_2019-8-22_19-7-28.jpeg

Insert one boric acid suppository at night during your period and three days after. These work amazingly well, even better than flagl. Good luck, girl.

Cherith

Ariel
Reaction score
Reactions
25,741 1,912 2,560
Alleybux
no matter what I do I haven’t been able to get rid of bv for almost 3 yrs now. I just figured out that it’s my period triggering it to come back idk what to do
That is caused by the pH balance of your vagina being off. Yes, this is real. Best friend is an OB and I’ve dealt with that prior to giving birth. They have something called rePHresh, it’s in the feminine section. I think they have pills, but they also have like vaginal suppositories. Use after you period and use monthly. Your period throws off the pH of your vagina which causes all types of infections. I would also start taking cranberry chews daily also and drink more water. Cranberry is great for your urinary and vaginal health.

Tweety Bird

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 225 119
Alleybux
My experience with probiotics is they really work but you HAVE to get live cultures... meaning the ones you have to keep refrigerated. You can get them at any health food store but they are expensive.

I went through something similar a few years back. I ended up taking another round of antibiotics, took the probiotics simultaneously, then kept taking probiotics after I was finished with the antibiotics. I stayed on them for months, taking them faithfully everyday and doubling up when I felt it was necessary.

I only use dove soap on the outside...never put soap inside. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take a good multivitamin, exercise regularly and just take care of your health overall. Along with your yearly gyno visit, make sure you're getting blood work done that checks for everything...not just STDs.

No sleeping in underwear unless you're on your period. I stopped using tampons all together unless I can't avoid it (like I need to wear a thong) and if I have to it's only for a couple hours.

Now, I only take the probiotics occassionally if I feel off or if I'm going to have xes. This has kept it at bay for me. I know it can be frustrating hun so good luck.

Tainted Love

Veteran
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,930 35 3
Alleybux
As previously suggested try the boric acid suppositories. They are the truth! Use one every night for 1 week. Also a good women’s probiotic daily like Garden of Life (make sure they contain L Rhammosus and L. Reuteri). After the first week use once a week or after xes. I usually use one at the end of my cycle just to make sure my ph is fine and all is well. I honestly don’t think I need them, but I’m taking no chances. I use Ph-D boric acid, but if that one irritates you find one without Titanium Dioxide. Good luck!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,660 1,450 501
Alleybux
Are you sure it’s not your partner reinfecting you ?
THIS! Never had BV in my life until my last bf (but had yeast infections every so often so I knew the difference).

Cheated with multiple women and then all of a sudden I have BV. And Flagyl made me so sick. My whole pelvis felt like it was trying to break free. I cursed him with every pill I took. But havent had a problem since.

IrisAkira

New Beginning.
Reaction score
Reactions
1,653 34 4
Alleybux
Do you wear pads or tampons? Bc same thing was happening to me and the culprit was the tampons so I stopped wearing them altogether and just let her free flow. I think it’s something in them that makes some womens ph get off.
Damnit, I like tampons tho I hate sitting in my blood. However, every time I use tampons I get a yeast infection or bv.. I can't recall feeling like that with pads. fµck, my V likes to be aired out.

Rlyn83

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
660 17 3
Alleybux
I used to have this happen after my periods too. You've tried a ton of things, but one thing that helps is that if I feel that feeling creeping up again, I drink water like a maniac! A lot of times mild infections will clear up on their own doing this.