Chosen
Reaction score
Reactions
8,404 1,221 327
Alleybux

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months​

PUBLISHED THU, APR 15 20211:23 PM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 15 20212:10 PM EDT

Berkeley Lovelace Jr.
  • Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.
  • He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually.

President Joe Biden listens to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla speak at the Pfizer Kalamazoo Manufacturing Site February 19, 2021, in Portage, Michigan.

President Joe Biden listens to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla speak at the Pfizer Kalamazoo Manufacturing Site February 19, 2021, in Portage, Michigan.
Brendan Smialowski | AFP | Getty Images

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually.

“It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus,” he told CNBC’s Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health. He added the vaccines will be an important tool in the fight against highly contagious variants.
Researchers still don’t know how long protection against the virus lasts once someone has been fully vaccinated.
Pfizer said earlier this month its Covid-19 vaccine was more than 91% effective at protecting against Covid and more than 95% effective against severe disease up to six months after the second dose. Moderna’s vaccine, which uses technology similar to Pfizer’s, was also shown to be highly effective at six months.
Pfizer’s data was based on more than 12,000 vaccinated participants. However, researchers say more data is still needed to determine whether protection lasts after six months.

Earlier Thursday, the Biden administration’s Covid response chief science officer David Kessler said Americans should expect to receive booster shots to protect against coronavirus variants.

Kessler told U.S. lawmakers that currently authorized vaccines are highly protective but noted new variants could “challenge” the effectiveness of the shots.
“We don’t know everything at this moment,” he told House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Response.
“We are studying the durability of the antibody response,” he said. “It seems strong but there is some waning of that and no doubt the variants challenge ... they make these vaccines work harder. So I think for planning purposes, planning purposes only, I think we should expect that we may have to boost.”
In February, Pfizer and BioNTech said they were testing a third dose of their Covid-19 vaccine to better understand the immune response against new variants of the virus.
Late last month, the National Institutes of Health started testing a new vaccine from Moderna designed to protect against a problematic variant first found in South Africa.

NumbLove

Sitting Pretty in my Palace
Reaction score
Reactions
72,565 5,686 4,633
Alleybux
So basically it’s going to be like a “flu shot” See I knew this virus is here to stay especially when they started announcing different variants were present

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
I mean, yeah. Figures. Some are finding their natural antibodies last 12+ months, and 93% show neutralizing protection at 9 months post symptom onset. The concern, however, is the B.1.351 variant, as this one has mutated to the degree that it effectively evades key immune defenses, and only 63% can neutralize it at the 9 month mark. So...with more concerning variants with carefully selected mutations to survive, boosters are looking necessary going forward.

Still, I am not getting vaccinated while I have robust antibodies, and if I do opt for one, it will be Novavax.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,856 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
This isn't new info. They aren't sure when or how, but there will likely be booster shots for our current vaccines to cover variants and build back up immunity, but they have to give it time and continue to collect data.
Just like MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella), often requires a booster and other vaccines out there. This isn't news but it will rile up those who have no intention of getting the vaccine anyway.
I tire of the pretense. The anti vaxxers have been convinced from the start, and any news, even if it doesn't support their beliefs at all, is twisted to fit their narratives.

Humbled

Ms. Queen.
Reaction score
Reactions
105,138 8,263 3,758
Alleybux
I don't plan on getting the vaccine anyway, but even expected this since it's like the flu. I don't get any vaccines and been fine. I don't get the flu shot, n-o-n-e. People should not be shocked.

90sMelaninbae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,937 965 32
Alleybux
Is the Pfizer any good? I guess it doesnt matter since I just took my first does yesterday. But I had a lot of people tell me not to take but to take the Moderna.

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,120 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
Im NOT at all anti-vaxx I'm just anti this COVID vaccine. It was made too quickly and I want to wait until next year to see how it affects others and if anymore will be recalled and come with complications.

shychick777

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,921 1,884 1,398
Alleybux
Is the Pfizer any good? I guess it doesnt matter since I just took my first does yesterday. But I had a lot of people tell me not to take but to take the Moderna.
The first Pfizer shot gave my fiancé a horrible adverse reaction after 4 days. For ten minutes, he was confused, couldn't speak logically, shaking, and barely able to stand. 911 put me on hold, so I drove him to the hospital.

I should have filmed it, but that wasn't a thought during those moments.

I'm trying to get him not to take the 2nd shot scheduled for tomorrow - just as I had initially told him not to get the 1st one or any for that matter, but his family keeps pushing him because they all got theirs and think they are fine.

I don't believe anyone should allow anyone else to make this decision for them, so I definitely only suggest you really deep research as much as you can.

That is all.

meshayle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,191 1,037 625
Alleybux
I had scheduled my pFizer shot for next week. Bet after the news dropped on the Johnson and Johnson, I canceled. I am going to wait a little longer until there is a better understanding on how this vaccine works and what it does to the body.

MaRain

No love for trycks
Reaction score
Reactions
20,584 488 90
Alleybux

I know folks who've gotten one or the other with no issues but I decided to go with Pfizer since I'm more familiar with this medications. I got my 2nd dose yesterday and so far no issues from either dose. We'll see how this goes later down the line but for now, I'm happy that I got vaccinated.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,528 5,073 186
Alleybux

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months​

PUBLISHED THU, APR 15 20211:23 PM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 15 20212:10 PM EDT

Berkeley Lovelace Jr.
  • Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.
  • He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually.

Brendan Smialowski | AFP | Getty Images

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually.

“It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus,” he told CNBC’s Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health. He added the vaccines will be an important tool in the fight against highly contagious variants.
Researchers still don’t know how long protection against the virus lasts once someone has been fully vaccinated.
Pfizer said earlier this month its Covid-19 vaccine was more than 91% effective at protecting against Covid and more than 95% effective against severe disease up to six months after the second dose. Moderna’s vaccine, which uses technology similar to Pfizer’s, was also shown to be highly effective at six months.
Pfizer’s data was based on more than 12,000 vaccinated participants. However, researchers say more data is still needed to determine whether protection lasts after six months.

Earlier Thursday, the Biden administration’s Covid response chief science officer David Kessler said Americans should expect to receive booster shots to protect against coronavirus variants.

Kessler told U.S. lawmakers that currently authorized vaccines are highly protective but noted new variants could “challenge” the effectiveness of the shots.
“We don’t know everything at this moment,” he told House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Response.
“We are studying the durability of the antibody response,” he said. “It seems strong but there is some waning of that and no doubt the variants challenge ... they make these vaccines work harder. So I think for planning purposes, planning purposes only, I think we should expect that we may have to boost.”
In February, Pfizer and BioNTech said they were testing a third dose of their Covid-19 vaccine to better understand the immune response against new variants of the virus.
Late last month, the National Institutes of Health started testing a new vaccine from Moderna designed to protect against a problematic variant first found in South Africa.

shychick777

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,921 1,884 1,398
Alleybux
I'm not anti-vaxx, but I would never tell someone I care about to take the shots. I know that sounds cold as eff, as much as I be on here telling people we do need volunteers to get the jabs.

Well, we do!

We need more data!

As long as the jabbed-to-be do their research and understand EVERYTHING, they can really do what they want.

Choice IS a beautiful thing.

No cap.

Like seriously.

Now if they force people to get the shots, that's a problem. I strongly believe if a person wants to get the shots, they should be able to.

It must always be a choice.

Last edited:

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,319 4,977 407
Alleybux
i hear the opposite lol! but the information is out there, we just have to read and decide

Humbled

Ms. Queen.
Reaction score
Reactions
105,138 8,263 3,758
Alleybux
Conspiracy alley told y’all, and then a yearly requirement. Play silly all you guys want, many thought these shots would be one two and done.
They also think it's a cure, which is crazy. You can still get the virus. It's literally like the flu, just a bit more deadly or is it? The flu kill people as well. The flu didn't go away, it's just being diagnosed as covid.

CurlyBell

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,564 5,034 2,143
Alleybux
Ha! Exactly.

I'm doing Moderna, so we'll see if/when they make the same announcement.

Moderna has been testing out a third dose.

PASSPORT SIS

I'm back, wh0res!
Reaction score
Reactions
210,864 11,045 6,508
Alleybux
As I've been saying for a while, a whole global psy-op. This is like a never-ending charade.

I've never taken the flu shot, not gonna start now with this nonsense either. LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE, who knew globalism could be so detrimental.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,623 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
When I got my first shot (have not gotten my second yet) I was informed by the staff that they are working on a booster that might provide additional protection once the two initial shots wear off.

So I was expecting to hear news like this.

It would also not surprise me if the shots needed to be repeated yearly, like the flu shot.

Will watch how this plays out.

Queen Lili

The One To Destroy It All
Reaction score
Reactions
100,600 4,813 2,396
Alleybux

HoneyButta

Blessed and Highly Favored!
Reaction score
Reactions
114,704 3,164 906
Alleybux
I just got back from getting my 2nd dose of Moderna. Booster or no booster, I do not want to be on the receiving end of a ventilator. End of story, for ME.