Fearless Leader
ADMINISTRATOR
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
130,442 42,814 3,166
Alleybux
12624051_BG1.jpg

A Pittsfield woman continues to be lodged in the Pike County Jail after police say she repeatedly bit her 18-month old baby. Heather R. Ator, 25, was arrested after police say two 911 calls were made late Saturday night.

She is charged with aggravated battery to a child.

"Heather's never yelled at the kids, she's never spanked the kids, she's a great person," said Sherry Martin, an aunt of Ator's.

According to charges by Pike County State's Attorney Frank McCartney, Ator repeatedly bit her 18-month-old daughter Rayna. They are bite marks Martin says has seen, though she believes they didn't come from Heather.

Martin said she guesses there are somewhere between 15-20 bite marks on the baby. But understanding what really happened is something neighbors like Amber Johnson are still struggling with.

"It gives me goose bumps. It's a baby. 18 months old," said Johnson.

Johnson said saw Ator and her children together earlier on Saturday.

"I had seen her prior that morning on the front porch with her kids and after that I haven't seen her," added Johnson.

Martin says she plans to see Ator before her preliminary hearing on June 22. Although she believes Ator didn't do it, Martin says she and her family can't explain who bit 18-month-old Rayna.

"Do Heather's parents have any idea?" asked WGEM's Mike Colombo.

"No," replied Martin.

"Does Heather have any idea?" asked Colombo.

"No," replied Martin.

Ator remains in the Pike County Jail with her bond set at $20,000. David Shaw, Ator's court-appointed attorney, tells WGEM that Ator contends she's innocent, yet does acknowledge her child has been injured.

Ator can't have contact with her two children, unless authorized by DCFS.

Pittsfield woman arrested for allegedly biting 18-month-old baby - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Maxine Shaw

LSA Attorney-at-LOL
Reaction score
Reactions
32,263 160 90
Alleybux
15-20 bites!? I can go through a #6 combo from Wendy's in 15-20 bites - WITH cheese!!!!

Indian Giver

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,563 1
Alleybux
When I read the title I thought the baby bit her and she bit the baby's ass back, but damn she was gnawing on that poor child

N2Truth2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,665 19 40
Alleybux
were the babies cheeks THAT good looking??? This gives a whole nuther meaning to "I could just bite those cheeks" !!!