Polygel nails lifting

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,302 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
Hey guys!

I went back to using polygel nails for a bit since I took a break from Apres and.... these babies are lifting! Should I take them off? I never experience with lifting so that’s why I’m asking. Is it bad?

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,402 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
In my opinion it is best to get a form build with gel. My tech does it for me and it never breaks. On top of that if it build from your actual nail and not a fake tip. I always love my nails, they are very long at this point.

To lessen the damage I would get them professionally taken off.

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,286 867 306
Alleybux
Hey guys!

I went back to using polygel nails for a bit since I took a break from Apres and.... these babies are lifting! Should I take them off? I never experience with lifting so that’s why I’m asking. Is it bad?

You can take them off entirely or just remove the lifted portion and fill it in with more polygel. There are lots of videos on YouTube about how to fix lifting.

It's not an emergency lol but you don't want to leave it. It can continue to zipper up and the whole thing can pop off, which could cause damage to the nail.
And moisture can get trapped under there and turn your natural nail green if you leave it too long.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,302 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
You can take them off entirely or just remove the lifted portion and fill it in with more polygel. There are lots of videos on YouTube about how to fix lifting.

It's not an emergency lol but you don't want to leave it. It can continue to zipper up and the whole thing can pop off, which could cause damage to the nail.
And moisture can get trapped under there and turn your natural nail green if you leave it too long.

I just filed down the lifted area but i still see them lifting. I just don't want to do my nails right now (hate soaking off) since I did them last week

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,286 867 306
Alleybux
I just filed down the lifted area but i still see them lifting. I just don't want to do my nails right now (hate soaking off) since I did them last week

You'll have to cut behind the lifting pretty much down to the natural nail and then all the lifted stuff will come up.

Then you blend the break point to the natural nail and then put fresh polygel down.

I feel you on the soak off stuff, especially with polygel.
So yeah, would just say to try to fix it. I think it's easier to fix it than try to soak off.