Quantcast

Postmates has pissed me off so bad

Greenche

The neighborhood little sister
Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
Y’all! I’m hungry and upset. Last week I used Postmates just fine and my order arrived on time with no problems.

So, tonight my mom and I decided to order Five Guys right? Okay so I order and everything is okay.. but I notice that it said delivered.. a few mins pass by after that and I look outside because she was late which I won’t freak about and I notice a white car speed by. So I’m like hm never saw that car before was that the Postmates driver?

So she texts my phone saying that she can’t find my apartment. Y’all. The porch light was on(it wasn’t quite dark yet but i want to leave it on just in case) and I’m the only one with a specific chair in front of my door. The numbers on the door are BIG. My apartment is right in front of the pool and I told her that while giving instructions and ways to identify my apartment. You can’t miss it. No one has ever had a problem finding it before.

I told her that I’d stand outside on the balcony until she saw me. I even stood outside and waved. I thought she saw me because she looked up at me and she parked in a near parking spot. So I think “okay, I’ll sit near the door(inside) and wait” sh!t. So I’m waiting and waiting.. she never fµck!ng comes. So I’m like? What? I try to text the number again and repeatedly get message not delivered. I look outside and see her car fµck!ng zooming by around the corner.Y’all I’m so mad. I even tipped and everything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
38,149 3,434 1,563
Alleybux
tenor.gif

hugs.png

Maybe the universe wants you to enter your skinny era!?

Jamericanese

He Tarzan. Me Jane Austen
Reaction score
Reactions
102,742 1,680 384
Alleybux
I'm so sorry. That happened to me multiple times. It's the worst when you're hungry late at night. I got rid of postmates and doordash because of this. Those drivers are flakey. I've had a better experience with Uber. I filed complaints each time and got my money back. Make a complaint ASAP.

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
tenor.gif

hugs.png

Maybe the universe wants you to enter your skinny era!?
Maybe it does girl. My weight has fluctuated so much over the years. At one moment I’m a skinny legend and at the next I’m a chubby one. I’ve always struggled with my weight. It was going to be my one cheat meal of the week. So upsetting. I’ve lost a nice amount of weight so I wanted to treat myself with some good food because i feel like I deserve it and mentally I’ve been going through some things lately. I was kind of looking forward to it. Oh well.. maybe I can make my own burger wrapped in lettuce.. sounds good.

Last edited:

JustBlockEm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,384 381 30
Alleybux
I'm so sorry. That happened to me multiple times. It's the worst when you're hungry late at night. I got rid of postmates and doordash because of this. Those drivers are flakey. I've had a better experience with Uber. I filed complaints each time and got my money back. Make a complaint ASAP.
upload_2020-10-19_21-39-19.gif

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
I filed a complaint. This just happened ugh. I’m waiting to see if they give my money back and it does suck. I haven’t really eaten anything except for one of those 99c bag of chips and some fruit today.. I don’t even feel hungry anymore lol. Just disappointed.

Nameless4

Peachy Keen
Reaction score
Reactions
44,092 906 258
Alleybux
Report her and ask for a refund... i hate postmates too. With Postmates things can go perfect OR they can go completely terrible no in between. I always wait until after I receive my food to tip.

krystal_muzik

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,537 1,240 732
Alleybux
With all due respect, it is time to go back to what we were doing before (i.e. calling for pizza or Chinese food delivery direct from the restaurant). These companies like Postmates and Uber Eats cost too much and the service is abysmal.

HelenSade

Ladies, Take His Draws!!!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
246,337 4,734 1,266
Alleybux
Did you call the Postmates to report her lying ass??!! That's the 1st step
She probably sat there in the parking lot and ate her food. Since restaurants have started sealing bags, containers, and drinks so thoroughly some of the drivers are just out and out stealing orders now that they can’t snack off of them like they used to.

I got rid of my subscriptions with Uber and DoorDash and just place pick up orders now.

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
With all due respect, it is time to go back to what we were doing before (i.e. calling for pizza or Chinese food delivery direct from the restaurant). These companies like Postmates and Uber Eats cost too much and the service is abysmal.
Agreed. I don’t order out too often anymore. This is my second time using Postmates. Sucks. I felt lazy and didn’t want to cook today... maybe this was the world telling me to cook some food lol.

Last edited:

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
Report her and ask for a refund... i hate postmates too. With Postmates things can go perfect OR they can go completely terrible no in between. I always wait until after I receive my food to tip.
I called Five Guys first to make sure I wasn’t crazy and they did confirm that a driver came to get my order.

So, I emailed Postmates as soon as it happened. I paid with card so I pre-tipped. Ugh.

I hope that they refund my money but if they don’t.. I won’t trip. It was only $20 but I won’t be using it again.

MDR180

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,000 4,637 7,119
Alleybux
Driver may have been a lunatic...these delivery services dont have a real vetting system when it comes to hiring these drivers...

Kishonte

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
22,158 373 102
Alleybux
Man that sh!t happened to me before. That ninja ran off with my Popeyes and I sent a VERY angry email to they ass! Now them b!tches wanna throw coupons and sh!t in my email and i make sure I use every last one!
upload_2020-10-19_22-55-3.gif

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
She probably sat there in the parking lot and ate her food. Since restaurants have started sealing bags, containers, and drinks so thoroughly some of the drivers are just out and out stealing orders now that they can’t snack off of them like they used to.

I got rid of my subscriptions with Uber and DoorDash and just place pick up orders now.
That may have to be the move.. or only order through places that have their own delivery drivers. I’ve seen stuff on social media about them eating others food so I thought that when places started sealing bags that it would be okay to use one of those services and that would stop the fuckery. I guess not

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
Driver may have been a lunatic...these delivery services dont have a real vetting system when it comes to hiring these drivers...
A lunatic? You have any stories?

Damngina10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,176 1,651 605
Alleybux
Report her . Postmates sucks when it comes to refunds though . Once I got some pho that spilled all outside the container.Like literally just floating in my bag and they tried to give me 50% back - like no I’m not eating out a damn bag give me my money . I’ve usually have great drivers that follow directions ( don’t ring my door bell send a damn text and leave ).

Doordash I find is worse - I’ve learned that drivers pick up your food based on tip - so the more you tip the quicker a driver will be to accept ( because it will show in the app as $10 order ) but because you tip first you might get someone who’s like whatevs I already got a great tip and idc care how I handle their stuff . So if you ever place a order and it says it’s still searching for a driver or keeps changing driver names it’s probably because you didn’t tip well and the base fee is small . It’s why I like Postmates because I can tip after : and I always tip . My little cousin does this and they pay them sh!t , they basically rely on tips to make any real money . He told me he always immediately cancel ones that show they didn’t tip because some deliveries only pay like $3 but they end up waiting 20 minutes for your food plus no tip .

Last edited:

shademuse

Founder of the Bernice Starnes STAN Fair Thread
Reaction score
Reactions
129,436 2,150 270
Alleybux
This sort of happened to me with Uber Eats. I called and asked them if they think it's unsafe that some thief drove by and now has my address. They assured me that the platform handles that, but I think the concern was the magic Karen spice needed to get a refund immediately because I didn't even ask for it, just prodded them on their security and what happens when a driver does this.

It honestly felt sketchy because I was alone at home. The flamboyant pizza delivery guy who saved me from my hunger afterwards on the other hand got showered in tips. :happy

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I'm sorry hun.

Complain and they will give you a full refund no questions asked. DoorDash and Postmates drivers are so damn sus. That's why they always having promotions since no one fucks with them.

The drivers of these services are trash anyways. It's better to just order and pick up because out of all the times I've ordered it's been more bad than good.

Ultraviolet42

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
181,845 5,219 1,583
Alleybux
Maybe it does girl. My weight has fluctuated so much over the years. At one moment I’m a skinny legend and at the next I’m a chubby one. I’ve always struggled with my weight. It was going to be my one cheat meal of the week. So upsetting. I’ve lost a nice amount of weight so I wanted to treat myself with some good food because i feel like I deserve it and mentally I’ve been going through some things lately. I was kind of looking forward to it. Oh well.. maybe I can make my own burger wrapped in lettuce.. sounds good.
She wanted to eat your food.

I don't see how y'all do delivered food these days.

Greenche

Reaction score
Reactions
66,714 6,221 279
Alleybux
She wanted to eat your food.

I don't see how y'all do delivered food these days.
She probably did because it isn’t difficult to find at all. No one has ever had problems finding the correct apt.. the numbers on the doors are so big and I keep my porch light on. Wouldn’t be surprised if she ate my burger and my moms fries lol.

I decided to venture out and try Postmates.. lesson learned lol.

PrettyLLiar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,896 261 109
Alleybux
I can’t stand Postmates, had something happen the last time and they wouldn’t refund me. And then the price you see is sometimes not the exact end price. I was pissed. Overpriced.

Nameless4

Peachy Keen
Reaction score
Reactions
44,092 906 258
Alleybux
I called Five Guys first to make sure I wasn’t crazy and they did confirm that a driver came to get my order.

So, I emailed Postmates as soon as it happened. I paid with card so I pre-tipped. Ugh.

I hope that they refund my money but if they don’t.. I won’t trip. It was only $20 but I won’t be using it again.
It should be an option to tip after the order is complete. Contact them on twitter too because when you call them out on twitter they respond to you fast.

BabysScorpio

And so it was
Reaction score
Reactions
304,622 7,555 4,083
Alleybux
Aw i feel u OP. Postmates is a hit or miss, like every customer service job, ppl are a hit or miss. Two weeks ago, i ordered postmates and w my complex, for some reason the gps gives directions to the complex next to ours. BUT i make it very clear what building it is and that i have patio furniture. So tell me why my sh!t said delivered but no food on my patio? I click support and the postmates driver took a picture of my food in the other complex (even tho i said the building name in all caps and said i had patio furniture. That apartment had none). I reported my order as missing and was given a refund. Then i walked my ass over to that complex and grabbed my sh!t :) i felt like a scammer :beatup

just4online

❣️
Reaction score
Reactions
48,876 1,484 586
Alleybux
I will never use postmates again. I tried them and they don't secure the delivery bags with tape. The food was all exposed.

Then I had instructions to please leave the delivery under my carport. I have reflective street numbers on my mailbox and a reflective numbers on the front of my home.

She was parked across the street at the neighbor's house. I opened the door and wave at her. She gets out and starts to walk over. I'm thinking she's going to leave it at the gate and I'd walk out to get it.

She proceeds to walk up and then I'm telling her just to please leave it. I didn't have a mask on as I wasn't expecting to have to be face-to-face with anyone.

I'm sticking with DoorDash now. At least they ensure that the delivery orders are secured and they text/call if they have questions.