Power Book 3: Raising Kanan Teaser Trailer

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,931 1,770 409
Alleybux
A lot of black actors gonna be booked for the next 5 years, can’t be mad at that
That’s how I feel. I do not ever mind seeing my people get a nice check, especially in a pandemic. But who will play young Ghost and Tommy? I thought that was the point of showing this throwback Power series? Unless that will be on Tommy’s spin-off.

Secretsorce

Mensa Society Member
Reaction score
Reactions
2,618 291 211
Alleybux

PBK1_101_030220_0612_a.jpg

PBK1_101_030220_0706_a.jpg

1345cc27df6e85f0235fee7583346b32

f8300ea55e97e96a3e696001316a1101

d9c911be48fd575eaec3b7442882dfbf

d9cb01457a91830b56fe76a5a9813121

3b9974de875481636f81d45aa3a87f60

With only two episodes left before STARZ's recently-renewed Power Book II: Ghostwraps up its first season (with "Monster" premiering this weekend and season finale "Heart of Darkness" on tap for Sunday, January 3), the stage is set for viewers to have their minds blown as the opening chapter in Tariq's (Michael Rainey Jr.) story comes to its shocking, status quo-changing close. But as the future of the "Power" universe presses the pause button (for now), the past is ready to take front-and-center in Summer 2021 with Power Book III: Raising Kanan– and now viewers are getting a first look at what they can expect.

In the following teaser, viewers are transported back to '90s Southside Jamaica Queens, NYC as the spotlight on the early years of iconic Power character Kanan Stark (portrayed in the original series by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, and Mekai Curtis in the prequel series). Fans of the original series are well aware of how Kanan's story ended but not how it first began- that is, until now. Set to "Excursions" from legendary hip-hop group A Tribe Called Quest, the following clip also introduces viewers to some of the characters who will be featured in the series- either to help him on his journey or to end it before it's even begun. Here's a look at the teaser for Power Book III: Raising Kanan (along with preview images throughout the post)- with the series set to drop Summer 2021:

"Power Book III: Raising Kanan" is the third installment in the expanding "Power" Universe franchise. The prequel takes viewers back to the '90s and the early years of the now-deceased iconic "Power" character Kanan Stark, portrayed in the original series by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.

The cast of STARZ's Power Book III: Raising Kanan includes series regulars Mekai Curtis as the young Kanan Stark, Patina Miller as Kanan's mother Raquel "Raq" Thomas, Omar Epps as Detective Malcolm Howard, London Brown as Marvin Thomas, Malcolm Mays as Louis "Lou-Lou" Thomas, Shanley Caswell as Detective Shannon Burke, Lovie Simone as Davina Harrison, Toby Sandeman as Symphony Bosket, Joey Bada$$ as Unique, and Hailey Kilgore as Jukebox. The cast also includes Quincy Brown as Crown, Ade Chike Torbert as Scrappy, Natalee Linez as Jessica Figueroa, and Annabelle Zasowski as Nicole Bingham.

Created by series showrunner and executive producer Sascha Penn, Power Book III: Raising Kanan is executive produced by original series creator Courtney A. Kemp through her company End of Episode and Curtis "50 Cent" Jacksonthrough his G-Unit Film and Television. Mark Canton through his Atmosphere Entertainment MM, End of Episode's Chris Selak and Danielle DeJesus, Shana Stein, Bart Wenrich, and Kevin Fox are also executive producers. Rob Hardy directs the premiere episode and also executive produces, with Lionsgate TV producing for STARZ.

Power Book III: Raising Kanan Debuts Summer 2021; Drops Teaser

Yup! Keep the show ball rolling! I’m glad Omar is in it! He has a meaty head now..I wonder what does this to you when get older...Iv noticed this on people when they get older.I want to know what I could do to prevent this..Iv noticed this on garcelle but Stacey Dash did not get a big meaty face or head..

Last edited:

MikeyWins

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,461 6,481 1,127
Alleybux
Yup! Keep the show ball rolling! I’m glad Omar is in it! He has a meaty head now..I wonder what does this to you when get older...Iv noticed this on people when they get older.I want to know what I could do to prevent this..Iv noticed this on garcelle but Stacey Dash did get a big meaty face or head..

thats sodium and high blood pressure

Reaction score
Reactions
6,983 35 9
Alleybux
They need to give the people what they want. Seriously. Tommy’s show should have been right after Power Book II.

And based off of Power and Power II's ending, that would have made the most sense. Who really wants more Kanan anyway??