Not open for further replies.

newbiee

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,492 3 9
Alleybux
I want to make a corner in my bedroom for prayer meditation. SOme candles, incense, an area where i can ground myself and center my self before bed and in the morning. recommendations of anyone who has created an area in their home? i want it to be inspiring.

Indigo

Child of God!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,937 1 4
Alleybux
I have a prayer alter. I recently moved my alter to one of my walk in closets (refer to the book of Matthew). I usually have three candles: the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and St. Jude Thaddeus. I make petitions on my candles and ask the saints and the Virgin Mary to pray for me. I also burn incense.

Sometimes I rotate the Saints or add a (candle) for the Holy Spirit but I keep one of the Sacred Heart and one for the Virgin Mary. I never use the tall plain glass candles that come in different colors if there isn't a prayer or anything biblical attached to it. You should also be careful of the kind of incense that you buy. That's something new my cousin told me.

I sit the candles at the head of my Bible or spread evenly across my prayer table which is covered with a white cloth. I have a rosary that I lay in the middle of my open Bible and around the Sacred Heart of Jesus candle. I also have some prayer cards that I bought from a local church and I use them in my prayers as well but not all at the same time.

I picked up this method of praying from my grandmother. It provides a peaceful place to meditate and pray without any distractions. Although I have an alter, that is not to say that I don't kneel before my bed at night and say prayers or talk to God in prayer thoughout the day because I do.

I forgot to mention that I don't blow out the flames of the candles. I let them go out on their own. They usually burn anywhere from three to four days.

newbiee

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,492 3 9
Alleybux
I have a prayer alter. I recently moved my alter to one of my walk in closets (refer to the book of Matthew). I usually have three candles: the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and St. Jude Thaddeus. I make petitions on my candles and ask the saints and the Virgin Mary to pray for me. I also burn incense. Sometimes I rotate the Saints or add a (candle) for the Holy Spirit but I keep one of the Sacred Heart and one for the Virgin Mary.

I sit the candles at the head of my Bible or spread evenly across my prayer table. I have a rosary that I lay in the middle of my open Bible and around the Sacred Heart of Jesus candle. I also have some prayer cards that I bought from a local church and I use them in my prayers as well.

I picked up this method of praying from my grandmother. It provides a peaceful place to meditate and pray without any distractions. Although I have an alter, that is not to say that I don't kneel before my bed at night and say prayers or talk to God in prayer thoughout the day because I do.

Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.