Prince directed engineer to "erase" the PAAM Show

Reactions
8,182 250 206
Alleybux
She died on the 15th, which would be the 16th there. I just think it's funny he made up his mind to leave the first night. Prince must have really been on a streak.

I've never heard of who the other sound people were. They must have just came in and did their jobs. Like pros.

Actually, it makes Scottie sound more whiny. How much of a streak could P had been on in such a short time? He already made up his mind by the 15th? They barely started. And then he stuck around for ten more shows even after he had decided to quit. Sounds odd. Maybe we misunderstood him. Did he actually say he had decided by Melbourne? If so, it makes him sound dubious...like he didn't really know how to handle all of his duties. Prince and Scottie got along fine during the Gala event a couple weeks earlier. I don't imagine Prince had to do a lot of rehearsal in between. So when did this streak happen?

To be honest with you, it is making it sound more and more like a money issue he won't cop to--maybe a legit money issue because he felt he was doing so much more than sound engineering. Still considering Scottie's jaded nature about artistic temperament and having seen Prince in the past, how much of a "streak" could Prince have been on and if it was the ultimate "streak", shouldn't that have been a red flag?

Something tells me Scottie is spinning this stuff at least a little in his favor.

Reactions
325 1
Alleybux
Loud music probably was to blame also, but regular use can contribute also. Why does it have to be all or nothing?? Nobody knows for sure besides the fact it was his personal business. Possibilities and opinions can be presented when theorizing.

Last edited:
Reactions
43,773 420 192
Alleybux
Agree, plus I think his state of mind and his emotions on that nights performance speaks volumes of his feelings for Denise versus AA.

Well, I've heard from fans that he dedicated TBO that night to Denise just to make Susannah jealous. Lol. People just don't want to think that he was genuinely sad that Denise had died. A lot of P fans are disturbed.

Reactions
25,424 1,000 1,701
Alleybux
Well, I've heard from fans that he dedicated TBO that night to Denise just to make Susannah jealous. Lol. People just don't want to think that he was genuinely sad that Denise had died. A lot of P fans are disturbed.
Why would he care about Susannah being jealous they were not a couple anymore? Crazy ass people

Reactions
9,181 18 6
Alleybux
Warning: Opiate Painkillers Can Damage Hearing - Drug Rehab Options

Opioid Drugs and Sensorineural Hearing Loss

There are a number of articles regarding studies done where they are finding in focusing on hearing impairment to complete loss with those taking high doses and long term opioid use.
Well all I can say is that I saw 5 great concerts within 12 months of Prince's death. So he was obviously able to work out the sound with someone. All of us who work for a boss understand the meaning of being respectful, especially if we don't agree. Why should Scottie be any different?

Beethoven was deaf in his 40s, how would Scottie have dealt with him?

Reactions
325 1
Alleybux
Well all I can say is that I saw 5 great concerts within 12 months of Prince's death. So he was obviously able to work out the sound with someone. All of us who work for a boss understand the meaning of being respectful, especially if we don't agree. Why should Scottie be any different?
You are soooo lucky to have seen those ....

Last edited:
Reactions
25,424 1,000 1,701
Alleybux
Reactions
8,182 250 206
Alleybux
Back to our boy Scottie. He's on twitter right now..retweeting this Baron3121 guy's tweets about Prince giving crap to bad sound engineers and telling them how to fix the sound while on stage.. and Scottie is answering questions. There are some interesting factoids. But what is also abundantly clear is that Scottie thinks (and is being told) that he is a better engineer than pretty much anyone who ever worked for Prince. LOL. I do recall him giving P some shit for calling out engineers (saying it was unprofessional and uncomfortable--which is not totally wrong) but now he is somewhat blaming the engineers and reminding everyone that P would call HIM immediately after tours or shows with bad sound...LOL. He is a bit of a hypocrite about that kind of thing. About a month ago, someone asked him on Twitter who John was (an engineer who Prince called out by his first name for bad sound). Instead of saying "I don't want to call out another sound engineer", he answered with the guy's last name. Dude is something.

Reactions
9,181 18 6
Alleybux
Back to our boy Scottie. He's on twitter right now..retweeting this Baron3121 guy's tweets about Prince giving crap to bad sound engineers and telling them how to fix the sound while on stage.. and Scottie is answering questions. There are some interesting factoids. But what is also abundantly clear is that Scottie thinks (and is being told) that he is a better engineer than pretty much anyone who ever worked for Prince. LOL. I do recall him giving P some shit for calling out engineers (saying it was unprofessional and uncomfortable--which is not totally wrong) but now he is somewhat blaming the engineers and reminding everyone that P would call HIM immediately after tours or shows with bad sound...LOL. He is a bit of a hypocrite about that kind of thing. About a month ago, someone asked him on Twitter who John was (an engineer who Prince called out by his first name for bad sound). Instead of saying "I don't want to call out another sound engineer", he answered with the guy's last name. Dude is something.
Well doubt he'd be doing that if Prince were alive. As long as folks keep tuning in, he will continue.

Reactions
8,182 250 206
Alleybux
But Prince doesn't need defending -- his 40+ year career speaks for itself.
Who said he did. I am just saying that sometimes Scottie acts like he actually likes Prince. Sometimes, it's like pulling teeth to get him to compliment the man other than his music.

I guess the point I am making by referencing these recent tweets is that Scottie (like many others) is probably relatively truthful about Prince but never mentions his own faults, or ego trips or mistakes. The dude acts like he is perfect at what he does and who he is. He obviously thinks Prince is a genius and has said so...but he also makes sure to "humanize" him by pointing out faults etc...but then never shows regrets or mentions any mistakes or shortcomings he himself definitely has...because to err is human as they say--and Scottie and Prince are both human.

Reactions
2,221 182 246
Alleybux

Oh! NOW I see what your aim is on this thread! Making it about Vanity again! :wink2

Reactions
2,221 182 246
Alleybux

Yup!

Reactions
9,181 18 6
Alleybux
Who said he did. I am just saying that sometimes Scottie acts like he actually likes Prince. Sometimes, it's like pulling teeth to get him to compliment the man other than his music.

I guess the point I am making by referencing these recent tweets is that Scottie (like many others) is probably relatively truthful about Prince but never mentions his own faults, or ego trips or mistakes. The dude acts like he is perfect at what he does and who he is. He obviously thinks Prince is a genius and has said so...but he also makes sure to "humanize" him by pointing out faults etc...but then never shows regrets or mentions any mistakes or shortcomings he himself definitely has...because to err is human as they say--and Scottie and Prince are both human.
I listened to an interview a long time ago, and don't feel a need to be tuning in every time he speaks or tweets. Prince did hours and hours of sound check before every concert. Even in 2016, listening to him outside the concert hall checking sound and playing before the concert was amazing. The reason Prince's concerts were amazing was because of Prince.

Reactions
43,773 420 192
Alleybux

I think Scottie more than likely, has a tiny penis.

Reactions
43,773 420 192
Alleybux
Or a musician who had not been wearing ear protection for 30 years might have been on the road to hearing loss.

In a couple of photos from the investigation, there were boxes for ear wax removal and for tinnitus relief. Be hard to find any professional musician who didn't have some form of hearing loss or damage. Flea from RHCP has talked about how he lives with tinnitus everyday from years of performing.

CRM

Reactions
1,801 48 28
Alleybux
That's what I was thinking, too. But we really don't know. I also thought maybe he didn't want AA to hear it since he talked a lot about Denise. lol. Or maybe he just felt the sound or show wasn't good enough.
Are you being serious? We're talking about someone who had an almost pathological fear of coming across as genuinely vulnerable in their music. Look at the erasing of the first version of Wally.

It's why Way Back Home shocked the hell out of me when I first heard it. It seemed heartfelt in an extremely resonant way - very much a Prince I hadn't really heard before. I really hoped for an album where Prince allowed himself to be similarly open throughout.

Reactions
25,424 1,000 1,701
Alleybux
Are you being serious? We're talking about someone who had an almost pathological fear of coming across as genuinely vulnerable in their music. Look at the erasing of the first version of Wally.

It's why Way Back Home shocked the hell out of me when I first heard it. It seemed heartfelt in an extremely resonant way - very much a Prince I hadn't really heard before. I really hoped for an album where Prince allowed himself to be similarly open throughout.
Brothers just do not do vulnerable. I also think Wally probably sucked ass.

Trending Threads

The Culture

Celebrity News

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

This Is Us Season 5, Episode 13 "Brotherly Love"
I don’t think Kevin was being racist saying that because Randall was out of pocket last season in my opinion His excuse for why he told Randall...
Rebecca Silvera is dating Footballer Jerome Boateng
No this she send 3 February Diana interview was after this message.
Manager said we had to return to the office, entire team ignores her.
I messaged her privately about my concern at the end of my shift. call center. That explains it.
9ja Gist Live Reloaded: Yahoo Boys and iG Thot Edition Part 3
The rate Ari£ahi and her gang are Fucking yahoo boys in eko Atlantic ehen. This lagos married women SHA
  • Poll
“You can’t be miss independent with your own money & everything & then expect a man to pay for...
I'm a Black man and in my household, I pay for all the bills. This is how I was raised and it is just natural for me. That being said, the kind...
'men should never want a woman w/ a HIGH body count'
Women can't do the same thing as men and vice versa. Men go in women therefore all that energy that that man has with him will enter you. The...
Jayda Wayda sad about being a baby mama
Why is she sad? Isn't that the culture of her people? I mean, over 70% OOW rates is a culture and tradition at this point. It could be between...
Daina(Tootsie Time) and Ahmet Thread Part 1 : Cheatin', forgivin' and sangin'
The Latoya and Adam situation is so sad. You think Daina’s feeling a way about her own marriage? I do agree with the above, would be good for...
Les Twins Tea anyone???
Are they in a car with the steering on the left? The angle looks backwards. I was wondering the same thing it wasn’t taken in the mirror so why...
Top Bottom