Quantcast

Prince Harry to wear suit at Prince Philip's funeral – unlike Prince William and Prince Charles

gelling234

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,517 3,702 293
Alleybux
The humiliation continues.
I hoped after the Commonwealth snub, Piers Morgan reveal and the BRF wreath-laying refusal last year, Harry would see it for what it is.
But alas.

Anyway, this is from Windsor Pravda outlet, Hello! Magazine (Think Tatler magazine's younger, slimmer sister)#
prince-harry-prince-philip-funeral-details

Prince Harry to wear suit at Prince Philip's funeral – unlike Prince William and Prince Charles​

Prince Harry is expected to leave LA in the next 24 hours to return in time for what will be an emotional event for the family.

What's more, Harry's attendance will mark the first ceremonial event since he was stripped of his official royal titles earlier in the year, meaning that his appearance will be significantly different to that of his father and brother.

After losing his role as Captain General of the Royal Marines, which he had taken over from his grandfather in 2017, Harry will not be wearing military uniform to the funeral.
In contrast, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and the Earl of Wessex are expected to attend in their own military outfits.

prince-harry-prince-philip-funeral-details

Prince Harry will wear a suit to his grandfather Prince Philip's funeral
prince-harry-prince-philip

While Harry will be travelling back to the UK for his grandfather's funeral, Meghan will remain in LA with their son Archie.
A palace spokesperson said that Meghan, who is expecting a baby girl with her husband, has been advised not to travel by her doctors due to the advanced stage of her pregnancy
Buckingham Palace announced funeral arrangements on Saturday. In accordance with Prince Philip's wishes, the ceremonial royal funeral will take place on the afternoon of Saturday 17 April at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle.
The funeral will celebrate his life and service. The Duke's final resting place will be the private chapel and he will be interred in the royal vault.

prince-harry-meghan-prince-william-kate

The Queen and members of her family will be in attendance, although the guest list, which will be limited to 30 people due to current COVID restrictions, will not be announced until a couple of days before the funeral.
The royals will remain in mourning for two weeks and will wear mourning bands during their public engagements.

trubloo

Lady OG
Reaction score
Reactions
81,104 5,495 3,829
Alleybux
The only royal to have actively served and was in Middle Eastern war zones. Who do they think looks like a clown him or them??

They are ensuring that all the news will be about their ill treatment of the Prodigal son instead of their redemption. Stupid stupid

VampiraDelaine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,767 2,147 438
Alleybux
This seems a bit dubious, and like the wishful thinking of this royal family tabloid. They'll whip up a frenzy in every direction with these guesses in the hopes of seeing some drama on what will likely be a dull day.

gwopijon

Zirconia (Nina) and Polly Esther (BrieBrie)
Reaction score
Reactions
183,330 6,266 1,981
Alleybux

Whether he wears his military suit or not, HE and Phillip actually SERVED in the military instead of laying on his arse all day like Will di Amin when he was a so-called "pilot"

FutureMD

FLOTUS. Philanthropist. Jack's Wifey.
Reaction score
Reactions
166,847 5,301 1,347
Alleybux
The only royal to have actively served and was in Middle Eastern war zones. Who do they think looks like a clown him or them??
All of the royals ( including the Queen) have participated in the army. None of them have been in harm's way or immediate danger. Those that are retired in the UK don't wear uniforms, which includes him and his nonce of an uncle.

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux

They are ensuring that all the news will be about their ill treatment of the Prodigal son instead of their redemption. Stupid stupid
To the British he looks like he alienated his family, only to Americans he looks any different. I didn’t even know people gave a fµck about Phillip, my aunt in England was posting votes of thanks to him and sh!t. I was sick as hell? Votes of thanks to this racist man??? This is a Caribbean woman loving in England btw.

I must say their approach is weird. Why not let him wear his uniform and just put sh!t a side for one day?

coexist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,368 811 245
Alleybux
This along with him possibly not being styled with his HRH like the other family members for funeral while Andrew will be fully recognize in uniform and by his HRHstatus shows the world exactly what they’re about.

I think this will solidifies his decision to leave… He’ll be fine and eager to get back to his family.

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
This is to be expected (the Harry part) He knew this is what will happen at gatherings so no surprise there.

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux
This along with him possibly not being styled with his HRH like the other family members for funeral while Andrew will be fully recognize in uniform and by his HRHstatus shows the world exactly what they’re about.

I think this will solidifies his decision to leave… He’ll be fine and eager to get back to his family.
Hopefully he has a therapist on hand. He seems to not handle death well. He still hasn’t gotten over the of his mother. Not saying it’s something easy to get over but he seems to not come to terms of it in any shape or form. Now it makes me wonder if all that therapy and mental health thing the British royals use to say were maybe lies. I’m sure he feels a tad bit guilty or remorseful about his grandpa. But it’s nothing a therapist can’t fix.

LolaBea

Never argue w someone Harriet would've left behind
Reaction score
Reactions
541,345 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
To the British he looks like he alienated his family, only to Americans he looks any different. I didn’t even know people gave a fµck about Phillip, my aunt in England was posting votes of thanks to him and sh!t. I was sick as hell? Votes of thanks to this racist man??? This is a Caribbean woman loving in England btw.

I must say their approach is weird. Why not let him wear his uniform and just put sh!t a side for one day?
Nope to a certain illiterate and ignorant sect this might apply but to those not fussed about the royals, there are loads, it's terrible optics. It will be funny when the likes of everyone and their participation medals try and look dignified while knowing their only qualification is the order in which they were born.

I think it's fair to say the royals are continuing to fail even with this funeral aka PR push handed to them on a platter.

highmami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,342 293 331
Alleybux
Imagine being the only royal to do any significant military service and you’re forced to wear a civilian suit. The BRF is so trash.
Was hoping for them to let him do at least that!
I wonder what everybody's favorite Andrew will be wearing? :disdain

HELLO Rupert

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,075 139 89
Alleybux
This seems a bit dubious, and like the wishful thinking of this royal family tabloid. They'll whip up a frenzy in every direction with these guesses in the hopes of seeing some drama on what will likely be a dull day.
I hope you are right because given the occasion it seems petty... :(

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux
Nope to a certain illiterate and ignorant sect this might apply but to those not fussed about the royals, there are loads, it's terrible optics. It will be funny when the likes of everyone and their participation medals try and look dignified while knowing their only qualification is the order in which they were born.

I think it's fair to say the royals are continuing to fail even with this funeral aka PR push handed to them on a platter.
But that’s a given, it will all crumble after the queen dies.

ojebetanew

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,035 1,102 169
Alleybux
Disrespect after disrespect, they've shown him who they were since he and Meghan were ignored at the Common wealth service, declined laying his wreath, took away his security. He can't be surprised, I'm sure he'll be heading home straight after the funeral.

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux

All he has to do is keep doing what is right. He will come out the victor on the other side of it all. Let people do what they do. He is showing up for his grandfather. How they treat him is on them.

and trust and believe, they will pay for it in the end. That's just a lesson for hateful people in general. some people are just F'ed up and sad and they don't care so you don't.

The thing is, they are not humiliating him. They are humiliating themselves. lol smh

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux
Disrespect after disrespect, they've shown him who they were since he and Meghan were ignored at the Common wealth service, declined laying his wreath, took away his security. He can't be surprised, I'm sure he'll be heading home straight after the funeral.
The security had to be taken away America isn’t part of the common wealth. Harry said he understood in the interview. Had they stayed in Canada none of this would happen. If they go back I’m sure his security would go back to him as well.

cooks

LSA Celebrity
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
111,159 6,443 3,106
Alleybux
All he has to do is keep doing what is right. He will come out the victor on the other side of it all. Let people do what they do. He is showing up for his grandfather. How they treat him is on them.

and trust and believe, they will pay for it in the end. That's just a lesson for hateful people in general. some people are just F'ed up and sad and they don't care so you don't.

The thing is, they are not humiliating him. They are humiliating themselves. lol smh
Yes but let’s not act like Harry wasn’t one of them and he’s innocent

NuAgeWildflower

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,252 4,180 1,431
Alleybux
I hope they know this will not turn out the way they want it to. Harry may wear a suit, but he will still outshine all of them. Deep down, they know this.

There are only two stars in that family. One is in her 90’s, and the other lives in another country. The heirs are unlikeable relics of a bygone era which many are ready to forget. I doubt this institution will be around long after Liz passes.

JamGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
46,481 1,042 382
Alleybux
The security had to be taken away America isn’t part of the common wealth. Harry said he understood in the interview. Had they stayed in Canada none of this would happen. If they go back I’m sure his security would go back to him as well.
Wrong. It was taken in Canada, a commonwealth country. Tyler Perry's staff and security flew to Canada to get them.

baladar

genius lives only one story above madness....
Reaction score
Reactions
214,454 3,494 976
Alleybux
And the Firm will continue act completely confused when people don't give a sh!t about them after Liz passes.

lfan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,406 1,063 62
Alleybux
I thought that he would be able to wear his Army dress uniform, which he earned. He has to get permission, but he can wear it. That is different from the ceremonial titles and uniforms that the Flop Queen gave him then took away. And I have a hard time believing they won't style him as HRH in the funeral program.

But if the uniform thing is true, well, they better be prepared to be clowned. It will look so bad to have Harry in a regular suit while Edward is prancing about in a uniform. The same Edward who flopped out of basic training after like a week.

ojebetanew

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,035 1,102 169
Alleybux
WRONG. It was taken away due to a change in status rather than location. Never mind that his risk level hadn't changed.

They can afford it themselves now so it's all good, my point was that there's been a consistent pattern of treatment since March 2020.

NiaNene

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,044 7,705 9,576
Alleybux

Why should he get an HRH?