Prince Has Passed Away At 57 (Pt3)

BitsyB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,398 646 113
Alleybux
[video]https://youtu.be/zW3MtnQwfg0[/video]

On snl, 2014. He did an extended jam and SLAYED.

PisVirRis

Daryl Dixon's Wifey
Reaction score
Reactions
8,193 53 5
Alleybux
I was tore up watching Whitney's funeral initially, but after the emotions settled down and I watched it later I felt that a lot of people up there talking were self-serving. We aren't even going to talk about the debacle with Bobby. Kevin Costner seemed to give the most genuine eulogy for a woman whom he was neither related to or best friends with, but so many friends got up there and seemed like they were glad to have the attention. Perhaps that was not what it was but that was how it felt for me.

With Michael, it just felt over publicized. Granted this is my personal opinion, I totally respect that the family was trying to respect his legacy as well as honor his loyal fans, but considering how much he went through in life it seemed like all the publicity was so excessive. Again, it just felt like so many people were coming out of the woodwork to just be a part of his shine but where were they when he was struggling?

I don't know, ironically Prince's passing just feels so much more peaceful for me even though I am more emotional about his than I was about Michael and Whitney's. Regardless of whatever the autopsy reports will say, I think part of the peacefulness is because Prince had people around him to handle things appropriately. I know it was part of who he was anyway, but in reality, you really can't control what people do after you die so I think it says volumes about his inner circle.

Agree with absolutely everything you said except for the bolded. Michael and Whiney's passings almost killed me, and I'm still not right with either of them being gone yet. Prince being gone, too? Right now I'm just trying to deal.

As fans, we definitely need a way to come together and share our grief, but I'm actually happy his funeral was private. His family's grief is different than ours; he belonged to us in a different way. I'm glad that was respected.

They'll give us our moment now that they've had theirs. I'm sure of it.

dsb

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I just can't, still not used to seeing his name in the same sentence as the word.

This is get way too real.

Minnie Mouse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,336 1,086 72
Alleybux
I was just getting ready to take off my toenail polish and started crying. I painted my toes purple last weekend. I know it's lame, but I have had this purple OPI polish for two years and this is only my second time I wearing it. When I do Prince dies :cry 512x512:

I guess it was subliminal considering i'd been having uneasy feelings since the report of his plane landing. I refused to read articles about it, so I wouldn't feed into the negative energy, and I thought that his performing soon after was a good sign. *heavy sigh* I am happy for his crossover, I just wish it hadn't been so soon.

Thursday morning I drove to work without makeup, my allergies where acting up so I decided I wasn't going to wear any. Last minute sitting in the parking lot I decided to put on a little bit.... Eyeliner and mascara. After about 5 minutes I decided nah let me put on some eyeshadow. I had some purple....

Now I never would wear something so bold to work but I did and 4 hours later my boss was popping her head around into my kitchen saying he had died.

AudioAura

Chanson papillon
Reaction score
Reactions
9,636 47 18
Alleybux
Agree with absolutely everything you said except for the bolded. Michael and Whiney's passings almost killed me, and I'm still not right with either of them being gone yet. Prince being gone, too? Right now I'm just trying to deal.

As fans, we definitely need a way to come together and share our grief, but I'm actually happy his funeral was private. His family's grief is different than ours; he belonged to us in a different way. I'm glad that was respected.

They'll give us our moment now that they've had theirs. I'm sure of it.

All of the bolded. To be clear, I am not okay with any of them being gone, I think I've just tried to bury it. There are days when I can listen to Whitney wholeheartedly, but like Michael, I rarely listen to their slower emotional songs....they STILL make me cry. The added tragedy of Bobbi Kristina and Cissy being alive to witness it just makes Whitney's passing that much more unbearable.

Dance With My Father came on the other day and I had to pull the car over. I started thinking about how lucky I am to have my own father, how Luther lost his, and that snowballed into "Jesus, Luther is gone too, this is so unfair!" When Purple Rain comes on I change the channel, I just can't do it right now. All I can hear is the first verse and I start to feel that heaviness in my chest. Maybe I'm just sensitive, I don't know...

Honestly though, I think I am taking this so hard because I tried to keep it together when both Michael and Whitney died, and I was frustrated that they didn't overcome their struggles. Perhaps I am finally grieving appropriately for all of them because it seemed that of all the people I know, I have been the most affected by all their deaths and I was starting to feel like a freak. It all just seems so unfair, and I know life is unfair, but that doesn't change the hurt. I am just glad I have a place to ramble where other people are just as hurt as I am.

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,091 21,985 1,048
Alleybux
Official statement from Prince's publicist:

'Prince’s remains have been cremated and their final storage will remain private. We ask for your blessings and prayers of comfort for his family and close friends at this time. The cause of death remains unknown and it will be at least four weeks before we receive the results of the autopsy. An announcement will be made at a future date for a musical celebration.'

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,595 5,491 3,704
Alleybux
I like how they moved forward after he passed...

Anyone know if being Jehovah had anything to do with how fast he was cremated?

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
96,900 3,899 8,015
Alleybux
AudioAura said:
I was tore up watching Whitney's funeral initially, but after the emotions settled down and I watched it later I felt that a lot of people up there talking were self-serving. We aren't even going to talk about the debacle with Bobby. Kevin Costner seemed to give the most genuine eulogy for a woman whom he was neither related to or best friends with, but so many friends got up there and seemed like they were glad to have the attention. Perhaps that was not what it was but that was how it felt for me.

With Michael, it just felt over publicized. Granted this is my personal opinion, I totally respect that the family was trying to respect his legacy as well as honor his loyal fans, but considering how much he went through in life it seemed like all the publicity was so excessive. Again, it just felt like so many people were coming out of the woodwork to just be a part of his shine but where were they when he was struggling?

I don't know, ironically Prince's passing just feels so much more peaceful for me even though I am more emotional about his than I was about Michael and Whitney's. Regardless of whatever the autopsy reports will say, I think part of the peacefulness is because Prince had people around him to handle things appropriately. I know it was part of who he was anyway, but in reality, you really can't control what people do after you die so I think it says volumes about his inner circle.

I agree but I also think it was saturated because it was Michael, the biggest star in the world. I also agree that the family had to many celebrities there that did not deserve to be.Why in the world they gave Brooke Shields a speaking part is beyond me. Chris Tucker or Eddie Griffin should have been up there.

The world has loss another amazing genius, legend and Icon, Prince. I still can not believe he is gone :( I honestly don't think the memorial should be public because Prince was very very private and I dont think he would want that.

I notice he never talked about the deaths of his past peers or friends. That seemed to be something that he wanted to reflect on personally.

EdgeRatedRLady

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
6 1
Alleybux
So funny, and he respected Michael in spite of where Chris was clearly trying to take it.

https://youtu.be/14n53cmKYJM

I LOVE this...especially when Prince mentioned at 0:37 about MJ's line in the beginning of Bad where it says, "Your Butt Is Mine", because he DEFINITELY wasn't comfortable with that idea at all, & I wouldn't have blamed him

PisVirRis

Daryl Dixon's Wifey
Reaction score
Reactions
8,193 53 5
Alleybux
All of the bolded. To be clear, I am not okay with any of them being gone, I think I've just tried to bury it. There are days when I can listen to Whitney wholeheartedly, but like Michael, I rarely listen to their slower emotional songs....they STILL make me cry. The added tragedy of Bobbi Kristina and Cissy being alive to witness it just makes Whitney's passing that much more unbearable.

Dance With My Father came on the other day and I had to pull the car over. I started thinking about how lucky I am to have my own father, how Luther lost his, and that snowballed into "Jesus, Luther is gone too, this is so unfair!" When Purple Rain comes on I change the channel, I just can't do it right now. All I can hear is the first verse and I start to feel that heaviness in my chest. Maybe I'm just sensitive, I don't know...

Honestly though, I think I am taking this so hard because I tried to keep it together when both Michael and Whitney died, and I was frustrated that they didn't overcome their struggles. Perhaps I am finally grieving appropriately for all of them because it seemed that of all the people I know, I have been the most affected by all their deaths and I was starting to feel like a freak. It all just seems so unfair, and I know life is unfair, but that doesn't change the hurt. I am just glad I have a place to ramble where other people are just as hurt as I am.

Don't even get me started on Luther. I still can't listen to DWMF. The same with quite a few of Whitney and Michael's songs... just tear right up.

I guess it can feel strange to be so overwhelmed with grief over people we didn't really know, but artists like Prince (or Michael or Whitney or Bowie, or, or, or) are like electrical currents. Once we plug into them, things brighten in a way they hadn't before. When a connection that strong goes out, everything around us dims a little in it's absence.

Thankfully we'll always have what they've left behind to remind us of how brightly they shone, and we'll always have each other. I'm grateful for that.

RemyredJeter

Where the money resides
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
187,779 663 243
Alleybux
I saw the press conference from the police and the man was damn near in tears.

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,603 29,012 1,300
Alleybux
Fantasia Tribute Goodness :bawling:

[video=youtube;7ImTCp_HFSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImTCp_HFSk[/video]

BillieJeanDab

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
208,026 3,742 1,596
Alleybux
I just can't, still not used to seeing his name in the same sentence as the word.

This is get way too real.

Same here. When the news first broke, and even seeing the title now, I keep staring at it in disbelief and trying to make it form some other way to make it not true. The same thing with Whitney and Michael. All of them were a part of my childhood up until now. They were like family to me and their music help me through a lot.

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,603 29,012 1,300
Alleybux
Prince was such a perfectionist!! He was a true and pure talent it's sad that he's gone :weep:

[video=youtube;0wA28BYbOME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wA28BYbOME[/video]

Hooliganista

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,852 1,182 209
Alleybux
I was unable to post about it when it happened. I'm still gathering my feelings, but my world stopped when I found out the news. It just happened so suddenly. I remember when they mentioned him having the flu, I thought he would be fine. My emotions are all over the place. Our legends are returning to our maker, and that's beautiful and heart breaking at the same time. I haven't cried yet. Same with Michael, I didn't cry right away; I was angry. With Prince, I'm in a deep state of sadness. I didn't really listen to his music like that, but I respected him as an artist, and I was always more in awe over his guitar playing more than anything. Also, he wasn't afraid to tell it like it is, and that's an admirable quality for an artist. Rest in heaven Purple One....King Queen and Prince, smh.

Gonna watch the SNL special tonight.

Rocking my purple rain nails tomorrow in church. #PurpleReign #PurpleRain #RoyalPurpleness #Prince

pistolino

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,970 261 43
Alleybux
Oh I hate TMZ so much, they know no bounds!

I am feeling like perhaps Prince had told someone or already mapped out what arrangements he wanted in advance (perhaps even some time ago). Private in death as in life. In fact, I think nobody in his inner circle would have arranged for his cremation unless he had stated or put in writing that's what he wanted.

I'm gonna go listen to my Prince music some more.

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,603 29,012 1,300
Alleybux
TMZ is a bunch of sick vultures!! I am soo glad that the mainstream media is not really focusing on what they've said I've only seen positive coverage for Prince :love:

tboogie

New Soul
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
27,810 409 193
Alleybux
Oh lawd I forgot how much I loved Alphabet Street...I remember all the words too...

Kunt Brigade

Problematic Bruja
Reaction score
Reactions
96,792 799 510
Alleybux
Prince was such a perfectionist!! He was a true and pure talent it's sad that he's gone :weep:

[video=youtube;0wA28BYbOME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wA28BYbOME[/video]
this talented lil mofo compelled the sky to rain during purple rain, he didnt even get his perm wet either! this is my favorite superbowl halftime show by far. I miss him!

Much2much41

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,444 694 75
Alleybux
I like how they moved forward after he passed...

Anyone know if being Jehovah had anything to do with how fast he was cremated?

No, there is no stipulation on that. They cremate/bury per the request of the family or instructions of the deceased

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,603 29,012 1,300
Alleybux
:highly_amused:

[video=twitter;723204485376557056]http://twitter.com/StarJonesEsq/status/723204485376557056[/video]

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,296 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
They just finished this autopsy and already cremated him?

I call funny business. Thats the quickest death-memorial/cremation ive ever seen, even by JW standards. Move this conspiracy alley if necessary, but something seems off.

Caramel Dipped

**THE LIGHT** ™️
Reaction score
Reactions
83,519 1,990 274
Alleybux

Oh my God, I haven't heard this song in YEARS!!! Listening to Prince's voice just made my P***Y WET!! I should be ashamed, but sorry, not sorry!!! Help me Jesus!!!
:firedevil:

**ETA: The arrangement of this song; Lyrics, Instruments, Tempo, Vocals (Pitch, Range, Falsetto), etc.--SHEER BRILLIANCE!!!**

So Beautiful

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,506 341 137
Alleybux
Maybe it is outlined in his Will. I believe JW custom is no longer than 5 days.

sylver2

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,248 957 123
Alleybux
i saw he was cremated and i was like WTF!..he JUST fµck!ng died!!

Sunshine8

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,596 748 154
Alleybux
That's very quick but if it's because of his religion then that could be it. He was private so a small memorial makes sense too.

Lr1127

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,972 206 58
Alleybux
My Prince rest in Peace. I wonder if the moods are going to create a thread for Prince like they did for MJ, Beyonce, Whitney and Rihanna ? That would be nice.