Quantcast

Queen Sugar: Season 3 Episode 10, "Here Beside the River" Wed, Aug 1st @ 10pm on OWN

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,147 1,637 622
Alleybux
Next Week
Looks like next week Ralph Angel will have to deal with Darla's family's mess with the lawyers. Question, didn't they alREADY do the DNA test and determined that the damn baby was NOT his? Did I misunderstand that? Because Miss Darlene KEEP on hanging her hat on that sh!t as a threat. But, did Darla fail to tell her? If that's the case, Darla ain't going through with this mess. Miss Darlene, JUST say you're trying to make up for lost time with Blue. Those folks would GLADLY share the responsibilities of Blue. And while she's complaining about him bouncing from house to house (WHAT houses? Between him and Vi? Cuz Charley/Nova have no time for babysitting), didn't Ralph Angel have to go pull Blue out of a CRACKhouse one time with Darla? I really need to know. Perhaps I dreamed that sh!t up.

I know one thing. If Miss Darlene can be in that room as backup, I need Charley to be in there too to help spit that business-sense hot fire. And if SHE'S unavailable, send in Aunt Vi so she can spit that old-school, auntie hot fire. And if SHE ain't available, send Nova in so she can throw some damn roots.

giphy.gif

I'm ready for these heauxs to feel the Bordelon Wrath!

I think Ralph took a DNA for himself not necessarily for Darla. I'm not sure why her mom keeps bring it up when his name is likely on the BC. Which is why Violet was given custody, Ralph's family had established paternity otherwise they would have looked for Darla's family then.

I'm not sure why she's even legally allowed in that mediation room. She brings nothing but drama and confusion to what can be a simple process. Hopefully Darla once again tells her meddling behind to leave or Charley's expensive lawyer friend does. If she's allowed to bring family then so should he. Funny enough her daddy ain't there but Darlene is. Likely because he feels that she's grown and can handler her one business.

Petty Princess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,392 1,590 358
Alleybux
Late as usual with this week's episode!

I'm tired of this custody thing. Darla's momma should have done what she has done for years and kept her meddling ass in DC. She was wrong getting child services involved out of spite. I'm glad Vi told her about herself AND Darla. I agreed with everything she had to say.

Micah has gotten himself into quite the mess. Keke is right--he has been "woke" for 2 minutes and now all of a sudden, he's Huey Newton. And then he tried to say she is doing nothing?! I'm appalled.

Hope whatever was going on with Remy and Nova is officially over.

Prosper and Hollywood made me shed a thug tear. :cry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,877 446 80
Alleybux
This can't be the ending they planned for Remy and Nova when they put them together. Either they are getting back together or the backlash prompted this.

Elizabeth1989

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
524 11 7
Alleybux
This can't be the ending they planned for Remy and Nova when they put them together. Either they are getting back together or the backlash prompted this.

I think they changed the entire episode. The BACKLASH is getting to them. I thought I missed something in this weeks episode so I watched it twice. Last week previews for this weeks episode featured a scene with Remy and Nova walking hand in hand to a party. Then there is a scence with them kissing. This weeks actual episode, we saw none of that. Yes I think that the writers decided to take out that part of the episode.
The Backlash is real.

Crow T Robot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,110 810 63
Alleybux
Good they are listening. It makes no damn sense for Nova and Remy to hook up, especially at her own sister's expense. It hurts the characters.

Finewine93

Founder of RiHive Inc., LLC.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,705 1,616 1,233
Alleybux
I'm glad they broke up but fµck them for still seeing themselves as "the good guys" in the situation. Their self righteousness about to be on 10 now because they did "the 'right thing' for the good of others and in their own minds they were never in the wrong.

Yeah I find it hard to like nova after this

Danielle Dobbs

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
27,288 1,297 2,961
Alleybux
I agree that this was the best episode thus far (not that there was strong competition in the first place).

Hollywood opening up about his ex-wife's miscarriage made me tear up a bit. He really just wants a child that he can call his own to love and spoil.

I honestly tuned out the end scene between nova and remy. I hope nova can redeem herself before the season ends.

Charley on her GOAT vibe. I'm scared for her, but I am hoping for the absolute best ending for her.

Micah... ch-

I need resolution between RA and Darla asap. Their interactions and whispering are exhausting.
Got to be cranking your volume up to 25 to hear the same story line over and over again with RA and Darla.

Bianca and Kofi must have gone to the same acting school cuz they both got that same Low-talking, lip trembling,burst into tears at any minute acting-skills. They my boothangs but I need them to get it together and I need this storyline to come to a close

Danielle Dobbs

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
27,288 1,297 2,961
Alleybux
This his bish sound so dumb saying "Ralph Angel might not even be the father."

And what's your point?

The father is most likely a trick who was banging your daughter on a horseshit covered barnfloor.

Go find him and ask him if he wants to claim a crack hoe's baby and see the answer you'll get.

Just be glad a hard-working man wants to raise this child and keep it moving.

Wanderlust

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,730 74 67
Alleybux
Best episode of the season. Reminded me of why I fell in love with it in the first place. Layers. Still, this battle for Blue is draining and I haven’t gotten over how they sullied Nova’s and Remy’s characters. I wanted to throw a shoe at the television during their last scene together. Remy needs some serious grief counseling; the Bordelon sisters are not it.

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,490 947 356
Alleybux
I think they changed the entire episode. The BACKLASH is getting to them. I thought I missed something in this weeks episode so I watched it twice. Last week previews for this weeks episode featured a scene with Remy and Nova walking hand in hand to a party. Then there is a scence with them kissing. This weeks actual episode, we saw none of that. Yes I think that the writers decided to take out that part of the episode.
The Backlash is real.
@bolded: That happend last week, you probably saw the recaps from last week and thought those were previews for this week.

I doubt they would call the actors back to film a scene that was shot months ago because of that.

That's not how it works and it doesn't work that fast.

Mencha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,925 3,011 1,162
Alleybux
@bolded: That happend last week, you probably saw the recaps from last week and thought those were previews for this week.

I doubt they would call the actors back to film a scene that was shot months ago because of that.

That's not how it works and it doesn't work that fast.

Maybe the edited the scenes out or already knew this couple was ridiculous and had them film an alternative scene from the get go. All I know I am not watching until this couple is over but I will still read the comments because they are funny as ever.

1vicious beauty

No Introduction Needed
Reaction score
Reactions
47,425 1,279 495
Alleybux
I'm just getting around to watching this...

Ya'll ain't told me ish...

Them "people" showed up at Ralph Angels...WHY??!!! He should not have let them in... Darla mama and daddy wrong for that... I know they are the ones behind that popping up 12yrs later....
and

Answer me this... Is this Aunt Jemima's great great great great great grand niece baking pies with Aunt Vi? Her accent is so weird it's rubbing off on me and I'm from the South...sounds like she's trying to hard...

Prosper too ripped to be falling and ish...yyeeeeaaaah check him out Charlie...

Push through Anthony and sidekick with the classic lines, "Call my mama"!!!

Sidekick, "I'm calling her now!!"

OOOOOOOWWWIIIIIIEEEE Darla's mama wasn't prepared, she couldn't read along. She didn't know Vi could read like that... I like that!!! Vi read that a&$ out loud, for filth hunty!!!!

yyyyyeaaaahhhh let him stay Charlie... he don't mind... I guess it's okay... I just wish he had more melanin... he's good for one night but not a lifetime I suppose...and he's better than being with a Landry. SN: I forgot Charlie's mother is an other so....

VIOLET PUT ME IN YOUR BOOK CLUB HUNTY!!! I CAN'T MISS ANOTHER MEETING!!!! I GOTTA KNOW WHERE YOU'LL BE READING NEXT!!!!!

"something is off with you...you off honey, come to yourself" she read the F%$& outta Miss thing thing!!!! Remy can get it too!!!

Keke been going to Vi's da#m book club and she ain't come get me???!!!! I'm already jealous because she stay going on a melanin hiatus to dance camp or wherever and then she pops up with melanin popping like Tika Sumpter... ugh I'm jealous!!!!
Bart Simpson a$$ can get it too!!!

Tuh... Who am I??? You're Bart Simpson, I just told you. Ya'll got the same haircut and ya'll do silly ish...

Push through Black Daddy!!!! Got me crying and ish... I miss my Dad so much Rest well Papa!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about Charlie make they a$s pay!! Make them all pay for what you've been through! You're Daddy would be so proud too!!!!'

Come on Hollywood, Black man baring his soul and showing/admitting to the pain. I love it!!! Show a Black man's emotions, I'm here for it!!!

Woah wait... Remy's ex-wife's name was Charlotte as well...WOW!!!!

Nothing about Remy and Nova would ever make sense to me... they can kill all that, "we're right for each other" Tuh!

Last edited:

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I don't blame Darla for wanting custody of her son. Ralph Angel is a big ass baby. He's thwarted Darla's attempts at being present in her son's life. She's made some huge mistakes but so has RA. She has been trying to come to an agreement with her but he's difficult. Besides, his whispering and talking under his breath is annoying.

ananda2

Sheer Purrrrfection
Reaction score
Reactions
90,232 1,864 549
Alleybux
LOL, didn't Vi read that heffa and put her on notice though? You don't want none of Vi, honey....walk away.

Darla was perfectly fine with the arrangements until she saw Kimchee. Now she wanna be difficult and her clueless mama is no help. Like Vi said, she had plenty of years to be concerned but she and her daughter were MIA. I am suspicious of their motives. Thank heavens for subtitles.

Hollywood had it just as hard as anybody else and I hope he finds some peace. He spends a lot of time putting others needs before his own.

I still don't think that Prosper is gonna make it. I guess the daughter will surface after the fact.

Micah barely knows these kids, but he needs approval because of all the family drama. One reason why so many kids have a tendency to follow the wrong crowd.

Nova's character has plenty of good plot points with her writing, activism, spiritual practices, etc. She does not need the town strumpet label to make her interesting. She does have sense enough to listen to aunt Vi. I support her decision to talk about Ernest depression and making observations about her own father. It would have been better to tell the fam in advance though.

If they don't know what to do with Remy then kill him off or deport him back to Detroit. Suddenly having him become a weed head from the city was not convincing anyway.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,771 108 64
Alleybux
Charley
Y'all, she's spitting that HOT FIRE this season. She just going off on ERbody. She read Remy for the filth last week. Then cleaned up shop JUST so she could get FILTHY one more time with Colton. Homegirl said "Either you take your daddy down. Or I take you down." I was yelling, "But SOMEbody gon' get took down, got dammit!!!" I love how calm she was when the fool was signing those papers. This blurred out scene took me out as she sipped on her drink.

View attachment 400263

I do love how she's being there for Prosper. It warmed my heart as it's typically in Black folks' nature to care for and respect the elderly. It just felt like a natural scene. I do need to know where his daughter is. Has he kept EVERYthing from her?

Nova
I think Nova is right to tell her dad's story. I get where Aunt Vi is coming from as my folks taught me to keep our family business in the family. However, times have changed. People need to stop hiding their pain. That essay even gave my man Hollywood something to think about.

I'm dead at the preview which made it seem like Aunt Vi was going in on Nova about Remy though. I personally think they made a beautiful-looking couple though. But, I think they are wrapping THAT story up. I just got one word:

promo_image_small.gif

Ralph Angel
Can somebody whup 'em? Like put his STAY MAD ass over their knee? He's SUCH a hot head. Like fool, calm your black ass down! This is so NOT the time to show out. Just stay calm, if just to NOT scare the baby. sh!t. He's a good dad, but moments like that show his immaturity.

I haven't been in that situation, so I can only imagine how frustrated he had to be to have someone to call in DFACS on him. But, there's a time and a place, sir.

Darla
I think in the end, she's going to pull out of this custody battle. She low-key know how she - and especially her Mama - is going about it is wrong considering how much Ralph Angel and family have been there for Blue despite HER actions.

Like the fact that she seems disappointed in her mom for calling in the first place and the fact that she put her ass out. Speaking of which, I didn't know Darla's mom was named Darlene.

tenor.gif

Anyhoo, Michael Michele looked gorgeous per her usual. She's definitely aging very well.

Aunt Vi
She did get on my nerves about the essay. But, she completely won me over with how she went all the way IN on Miss Darlene.

This took me out. "Treating us like some glorified babysitters, while YOUR daughter was out snortin', sniffin', smokin' and doing whatever and WHOever she could get her hands on."

View attachment 400273

In other words...

77a3e7e60c71e03849b8f2e8fec081a4.jpg

Hollywood
I was getting a little annoyed that Aunt Vi was so busy talking about her mess and not noticing him (I HATE when folks do that). But, I'm glad she finally picked up on his pain. sh!t, the Bordelon's STAY having something going on. Give him time to grieve too, Chile!

Sometimes you forget the pain the guy feels after the loss of a child. But, I feel like he expressed it perfectly.

Micah
I was glad to see Kiki again. But, as so many of you so eloquently remind me every week, I don't think I care about him and his friends - at all. I like little Ronnie DeVoe, but their storyline just seems like boring fodder.

Next Week
Looks like next week Ralph Angel will have to deal with Darla's family's mess with the lawyers. Question, didn't they alREADY do the DNA test and determined that the damn baby was NOT his? Did I misunderstand that? Because Miss Darlene KEEP on hanging her hat on that sh!t as a threat. But, did Darla fail to tell her? If that's the case, Darla ain't going through with this mess. Miss Darlene, JUST say you're trying to make up for lost time with Blue. Those folks would GLADLY share the responsibilities of Blue. And while she's complaining about him bouncing from house to house (WHAT houses? Between him and Vi? Cuz Charley/Nova have no time for babysitting), didn't Ralph Angel have to go pull Blue out of a CRACKhouse one time with Darla? I really need to know. Perhaps I dreamed that sh!t up.

I know one thing. If Miss Darlene can be in that room as backup, I need Charley to be in there too to help spit that business-sense hot fire. And if SHE'S unavailable, send in Aunt Vi so she can spit that old-school, auntie hot fire. And if SHE ain't available, send Nova in so she can throw some damn roots.

giphy.gif

I'm ready for these heauxs to feel the Bordelon Wrath!
You did that! Best recap ever and with the perfect shots for empahis!

lemon_drop

Been On these LSA Streetz for a Decade
Reaction score
Reactions
27,026 1,092 565
Alleybux
Lol I was dead when Aunt Vi told Nova that she is "off" in the head mentally. Bout time someone called her out for her drama craving antics.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Oh Darla is on one. Knowing he's almost off parole.

Ain't nothing wrong with eggs toast and milk.

Imma need Rah and Charlie to downgrade Nova and come through with the sibling bond.

Good lord Rah. Stay calm. You're gonna make it worse if you pop off.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
I knew it! Lordy old men and their pride.

Why is this doctor still here?! They could have gotten Morris Chestnut to play the doctor. He already placed one too!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
Oooooh ma= aunt vi! Usually I'm not for men going and crying to their mamas but I'll make an exception for this one. GET IN HER ASS VI!

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
YUP! Micah is definitely channeling his trifling ass daddy. Future Madam President Keke gone head and do you boo.