Quantcast

Queen Sugar: Season 3 Episode 8, "Come, Clad in Peace" Wed, July 18th @ 10pm on OWN

The Handler

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
5,557 135 222
Alleybux
So he didn't want his own daughter to take care of him but he is ok with living with charlotte and micah? lmao

Her name is Charlotte ???
giphy.gif

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,559 1,506 370
Alleybux
Y’alls ghost whisperer, Darla, really trying to become a villain, huh?

NOT 70/30. So many men would have pulled out altogether after the truth came out. She’s truly trying to take advantage of Ralph Angel and his family’s kindness and love for Blue.

While she ain’t been clean enough to prove she won’t revert back or responsible enough to balance the real world sans the assistance of her folks OR his (with Charley giving her a job), I didn’t balk as hard over 50/50.

But, she’s doing the UTmost now that she see he’s trying to move on.

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,559 1,506 370
Alleybux
They were wrong af for putting her in that atrocious blonde bob wig in last week's "60th b.day" episode. That sh!t was insulting to her lol.
A few fonts thought she looked GOODT in that wig. I stayed quiet. That wig is the worst sh!t going.

MarysJoint

Keepin It Classy
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
75,160 1,512 2,942
Alleybux

NOT 70/30. So many men would have pulled out altogether after the truth came out. She’s truly trying to take advantage of Ralph Angel and his family’s kindness and love for Blue.

While she ain’t been clean enough to prove she won’t revert back or responsible enough to balance the real world sans the assistance of her folks OR his (with Charley giving her a job), I didn’t balk as hard over 50/50.

i been over darla from before the paternity test. i wouldn't be completely upset if ra chucked the deuces although i know he won't. hopefully ming li doesnt end up pregnant, but with the direction the show is going - doing the most for plot twists, i wouldn't be surprised if she does. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

kishikcm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,240 58 26
Alleybux
Ralph Angel really does whisper. But he looks good! :love:

Darla had me shook!

Charley always getting mixed up with a fine man. Just hope the one she went on a date with last week actually works out.

Nova and Remy needs to stop happening!

Micah needs to get away from those kids. I feel like one or some of them are going to get hurt.

Aunt Vy needs to take it easy.

SapphireMoon

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,743 219 23
Alleybux

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I don't like her character. In some ways, I wish they would develop her character more. I feel that we still don't know much about her.

BoringHeaux

Keesha Crooked Tittie Kaylee
Reaction score
Reactions
315,739 20,021 695
Alleybux
This episode was meh but the one thing I did notice, Darla needs to gain some weight. She is scary thin. Maybe it was the jeans but it was not a good look.

Petty Princess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,392 1,590 358
Alleybux
Just caught the episode. Chile idk where to start...

I feel so bad for Prosper. So many older ppl keep things to themselves so that their family doesn't 'worry.' I get it but it's dad to me. I agree with the font who said Charley is trying to be there for Prosper in a way she wasn't with Ernest. I think it's genuine tho.

Poor Vi. I wanted to scream "don't do it Vi" when she told that man about her illness. I'm certain he won't want to do business with her anymore. I think that is for the best tho honestly. I think Vi should open her own bakery & I hopes she will let Hollywood help her!

Those kids...*sighs* I don't want to talk bad about those kids; I don't even really think they are BAD kids but the way they are going about things is wrong. I have a bad feeling about what they are about to do. Someone is going to get hurt or arrested. Micah really should have listened to what Keke said last week about her relationship with those kids. Keke has a good head on her shoulders. Micah has been woke for 2 minutes and now all of a sudden he's Huey Newton :disdain See...this is what happens when you send your kids to those rich yt ppl prep schools (where there are like 2 other black ppl). Micah don't know how to act now.

RA and Darla....honestly, both have their faults. Both were absentee parents (Darla b/c of drugs & RA b/c of jail). I think Darla has a right to be upset that RA is bringing some random woman that she hasn't met around Blue and I would feel the same if Darla has some man around Blue. I do think she's pissed that RA has a new gf. The 70/30 thing is absolutely ridiculous and seems spiteful on Darla's part. Not a fan of that at all!

Nova is still triflin (no surprise there :disdain).

RA and Trinh have NO chemistry. The fact that the writers are trying to make them happen is painful (to watch).

Next week is gonna piss me off; I can already tell!

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
315,018 9,063 1,348
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag

I’m really over the writing, or lack there of this season

It’s at the point where I probably need to turn on the CC for RA, but I just don’t care anymore

Doing the whole “behind the episode” with the white show runner has me further disinterested with everything happening on this show. Every character is miserable or has something unfortunate happening while the others are laying in waiting to pounce. No Wakanda Forever heee. SMH

The only thing I look forward to is the music & that’s about it.

Bring on Greenleaf

Thus Nova/Remy thing is foul & will blow up once everyone catches wind is what’s going on. It’s so disgusting and disrespectful

So Darla’s parents only wanted to help out once she told RA that he probably wasn’t Blue’s father?

RA & Darla are toxic & both have not been good examples for Blue when it’s all said and done & this never was going to end well

Micah wants to belong & still hasn’t dealt with his wrongful arrest/being taken advantage of & again I don’t see this ending well

I missed Hollywood tonight. He legit seems to be the only person overall in a positive place

Sandalwood

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,623 309 107
Alleybux
The episode was only 36 or 39 (cant remember) minutes long. I have to use headphones to listen so i dont miss what the whisperers are saying lol. Darla need not ever wear jeans. She is too thin. So aunt vi can have white people in her home but Hollywood cant. Ok. Suprised she admitted her illness to him. Hiw come Hollywood couldnt pick her up. Seems RA may be realizing that Darla is going to move on with her life too. Why does he really need a key to her place. Seeing those bunk beds made me feel like she may start a new family and end up having another child.

Lovesexyparade

THE HEAT
Reaction score
Reactions
19,347 422 286
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag @NatRod93! I tried watching this last night, fell asleep on it. It took me three tries this morning to finish it. I’m so frustrated with this show.

What are they waiting for to give us Charley in beast mode, outsmarting the Landrys and getting the family land back???

What the fµck is the deal with Micha and this after school special black power storyline. Why have they taken Keke away and replaced her with this?

Why is Hollywood nowhere to be found this episode, and Vi is out here struggling, disclosing her diagnosis to this man, and calling him mister. This is uncharacteristic of Vi imo.

Ralph Angel is now in need of chapstick and jealous of Darla. He gets on my goddamn nerves. His fineness does not absolve him.

The only character I like on this show is Darla. Idc. She owns her sh!t and is trying to do better no matter what anyone says to her or about her. I can respect that. I might like Charley too. Depends on how she handles the land issue. This might be my last season with this show. I can’t wait for Greenleaf. Ugh.

ETA: I like Hollywood too.

1vicious beauty

No Introduction Needed
Reaction score
Reactions
47,424 1,279 495
Alleybux
Just caught up on this show. I'm really trying to hold on but it's becoming unbearable.

Last edited:

PhatShady

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,836 100 268
Alleybux
  1. this episode was meh
  2. prosper said the only rappers he knows are biggie and pac...he full of sh!t
  3. darla is starting to stand up yo RA. good!
  4. between RA's mumbling and Darla's whispering, it's no wonder Blu sounds so damn annoying when he speaks.
  5. Charlie's son is going to end up in trouble or hurt...I would be surprised that Charlie's intuition isn't telling her anything but then again, her ex was slinging d*ck all over the place and she had no clue...even when he was exposed, she was caping for him at first
  6. prosoer is at that stage in life where he is basically a baby again. soon he will need a stroller. oops, I mean wheelchair.

CatEyeQueen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,054 374 62
Alleybux
So I had to watch the show late and not on Wednesday...and honestly live watching with y’all makes the show so much better

ananda2

Sheer Purrrrfection
Reaction score
Reactions
90,232 1,864 549
Alleybux
Every week there is less and less substance to discuss, smh.

I must have fallen asleep at some point and missed Charley and Nova speaking again. I was glad to see Nova in her element communing with the ancestors again. She needs to be more serious about her vocation.

I still think that Prosper might die. Just a hunch

Micah is gonna mess around and get himself hurt or worse. Keke should tell him why she keeps her distance from the wannabee militants. Having Prosper around is a chance for Micah to bond with a man of character though. Neither his father or uncle are great role models and Hollywood's got his hands full with Vi.

I really don't want Vi to fall on her face and have to come to Hollywood all beat down. She should have partnered with him rather than someone who will drop her like a bad habit at the first sign of trouble. I know that men have caused her pain but so have white folks and I hope she can heal from that so she can stop holding Hollywood hostage to her past.

RA and the Asian chick are so awkward and contrived it ain't even funny. Seriously, who is the target audience for this storyline? It's not like Asians are going to flock to the show and they are losing a good amount of their core audience. People need to stop fixing sh!t that ain't broke.

Why don't the writers just play the paternity card with Darla the whisper queen and get it over with? What are they waiting for?

Very little about the land mystery this week. They need to fire this showrunner and the writers need to give more time to the central issue of the show.

Mizz Monroe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
56,856 829 145
Alleybux
The worst part. She used the whole family as a babysitting service until she got her sh!t together. Now she wants to come in and make demands. Just garbage.

ALL OF THIS!!! I can’t respect Darla right now and if I was RA I wouldn’t care about her new home, a former crackhead/dead-beat parent couldn’t tell me nothing.

I wish Auntie Vi didn’t share her lupus status...people who are ignorant about it act like you’re about to die. I hope that Aunt Vi gets her pie shop...she can be a real inspiration to people who are suffering from lupus and that would benefit the grocery store chain.

I’m nervous for Micah I hope he doesn’t get arrested again...

I’m glad Charlie didn’t accept Mr.Prosper’s rejection and basically thugged him to move-in with her. That’s what you’re supposed to do for your elders plus seeing him keeps her focused on her goal with the Laundrys.

BettyWrong

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,777 301 169
Alleybux
I think I’m done with this show. I just caught up but I’m not here for RA and this Asian woman. It’s disheartening the way he treated those black women v. her. It was already said but this is similar to Lawrence on Insecure. I don’t understand why shows controlled by black women don’t understand how problematic that is.

And I don’t like the direction the show is taking overall. Meh.

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
got scared for a minute, thought he was dead
lawd.png

I'm only just now finishing the show but this post TOOK ME OUT :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Lawd I thought he was dead...old people don’t need to sleep that hard

Not gonna lie I was concerned! :sweat:

This season hasn't been amazing, but I'm not going to just quit the show. I like seeing a series through.

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
I am completely over RalphAngel's immature and contradictory nature when it comes to Darla and other people period. I get the whole situation, but he stay doing petty stuff and in his feelings about everything. It is good the relationship with Darla ended because his expectations that other be perfect while he is fully and equally flawed is irritating. Good thing Darla can hold her own now and remind him that his parents helped him too with the house as her parents did for her.

Also, there was no need to be salty about Blue's new room. That boy ain't complaining. I guess since Ralph's father is responsible for Blue's room and furnishings, its a sore spot for not being able to do it himself. Or was it seeing the doll on the top bunk bed in Blue room that set Ralph off? Because if the doll makes that room its home then Blue will follow?

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
I also foresee trouble for Micah for all these reasons:
  • He was uprooted from the only life he has known
  • His desire to connect with other young people of color in the wake of blacklivesmatters movement for his generation. Those kids are quite passionate with a side of reaction (act now) and not necessarily thinking of the bigger picture, which can be problem.
  • He hasn't dealt with what happened with the cop
  • His father cheated on his mother and the public scandal of it all
  • Finding out he has a sister a few years younger than him, which circles back to his father cheating on his mother basically throughout their entire relationship/marriage
  • And his hormones
:pensive:Just a recipe for disaster.

N2Truth2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,665 19 40
Alleybux
Cynthia is probably on the episode dealing with mothers who were abused and how it affected their daughters. Remember Cynthia's mom did that PSA for Kenya or was it Sheré??

Wait was that Charisse and Cynthia from Real Housewives on a commercial for Fix My Life!?

I can see Cha Cha but why is Cynthia on there?

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,665 1,450 501
Alleybux
See Nova?! This is what you should have been doing from the beginning. Helping instead of getting on your high horse because it's not being done the "right way".